Chapter 18

Unchained Memoirs

"What else do we need?? Hmmmm." Soo Bin checks out on her list. Kris and her went to a super market to buy the things they need for the BBQ party that they had setted up. Actually, Soo Bin just wanted to treat Kris out since she already got her first salary after two weeks of working as Kris' secretary. But Kris demanded to just grilled BBQ on their garden with the offer that he will share half of the expense knowing that Soo Bin is trying to save up and by setting the party, they could celebrate and bond with Kris' group.

The past two weeks went very well for the two of them. Kris was being really sweet and careful to Soo Bin, while her was already used to it. Well, we can say that they are really getting along with each other specially when Soo Bin was being herself and not tensed with her mission since the prosecutors are not yet giving her a task. They had even find time to get to know each other like their personal information though it's not really necessary to Kris since he know her even before.

"What's with the sudden invitation? Is there something to celebrate?" Chen greeted as the five guys entered the garden with wines and whisky on their hands.

"Nothing really." Kris beamed, still grilling the BBQ. While Soo Bin greeted and setted up what they brought on the table.

"Oh, don't tell me you two are getting married already?" Xiumin asks bluntly and that makes Soo Bin shock.

"Slow down, I haven't ask her out yet to be my girl." Kris stated as if she was not around. She was unable to move with the sudden statement.

'Ask me out??' She thought. 'No, no Soo Bin. He's just fooling around with his friends' She composed herself.

"So you really do have a plan huh?" Lay asks as he put his arm on Soo Bin shoulders like teasing Kris.

"Well let's see." Kris answered indirectly. "Come on let's all eat. It's cooked already" Kris offers as he walks to the table and look back at where Soo Bin and Lay is. "By the way Yixing, hands-off with my soon to be girl from now on." He warned and Soo Bin was stunned again with his words. She doesn't know if he's still fooling or he really mean it, but then she doesn't want to expect either.

"Actually what we had today was all because of Soo Bin. She got her first salary and she wants to celebrate with you guys." Kris admitted the reason for the party.

"So it's your treat?" Luhan asks her. "Wow, you even remember us. Thanks."

"Well it was actually.." Kris cut her off when she was about to say that they shared for the expenses.

"Yes it's her treat." He showed his gummy smile and give a meaningful look to her.

"Don't tell me your treating us because you want us to approved for you and Kris?" Tao misunderstood her.

"Yah yah yah!" Everyone hissed.

The party was really fun that Soo Bin gets along with the others well and by that she started to know Kris even more. They shared stories on how he was before and how they all spend their free times together back when they was in their college days.
The night was getting deeper when the others had planned to take their leave. So all was left was Soo Bin and Kris. The two are sitting on the pool side while their feet are deep in the water as they both watch the stars and the moon.

"How was it to have friends like them?" She questioned as she wonder.

"Well sometimes it's irritating because their noisy but most of the time it was fun. I must say they had been one of the best things that happen to me. Why do you ask?" He looks at her way who's still looking up.

"Hmmmm maybe because I'm wondering? I really never had a circle of friends back then. It's just my twin and a senior who is like my best friend." She somehow felt jealous of Kris childhood life. "I wish I had the chance too." That statement make Kris' heart break into pieces.

"You had the chance now actually. Don't waste your time thinking of your past. The important thing now is your present. Here with me." He whisper the last sentence and that's made her look his way and all she can see was the sincerity in his eyes. "With me, I'll make you experience the best in life." Kris remarked as he smiled to her and she just can't help but to respond with a smile also.

Silence fill the place as they both don't know what to say anymore.

"Kris." Soo Bin called his attention.

"Huh?" He groan.

"I just want to ask, how was I the first time you saw me?" She bluntly asks as she wants to figure it and she'd been dying to ask him this since that day his friends visit him at his office.

"You really wanted to know?" She nodded. "Well your not into yourself back then."

"How did you know? And why?" She probed.

"Hmmmm. I just knew it from the way you acted. I just really knew it." Kris sighs. "Please tell me, how did you get there?? What really happens to you?" He holds on her shoulder.

"I-I... I don't know." She stutters, having second thoughts of opening the topic. "I really don't know." She lied even when she know the main reason how did she get at that club. Her tears started to flow as she remember what really happen to her. She was not supposed to be there, she was supposed to be living freely, if it wasn't for the prosecutors who captured her and her twin. "W-why did you even get me out of there?! wh-why did you have to take care of m-me? You could had just leave me there!." She questioned him feeling guilty that despite all the good things that Kris had showed to her, she still needs to fool him and she doesn't have an option, it was one of the reason why she's with Kris right now. Then realization hits her, maybe he was really doing some illegal things as what the prosecutors said, but damn. He was far from what Soo Bin had expected. He was not a bastard like what they had warned her before, but he was the opposite of that, really opposite.

Kris saw the sorrow in her eyes. 'Her life must had been hard.' He concluded and so he wrapped his arms around her as he brushes it on her back. "Shhhh. That's enough." He comforted her.

"I might bring you trouble. I might give you a hard time." She continue to sobbed as she confesses pertaining to her tasks.

"No, no you won't." He whispers and pulled out from the hug. He then cupped her face as he brushes the pad of his thumbs to her cheeks to brush away the tears. "Look at me." He commanded and she slowly open her eyes, her sight was still blurred because of the tears, but despite that she can still see the sincerity and concern in his eyes. "Listen to me. You will not get harmed again neither will you give me a hard time. From now on, I'll always take care of you. Just trust me and everything will be fine." She absorb his words. How can this man be for real? "Did you get that??" She then nodded and Kris planted a soft but long kiss on her forehead.

How can she even hate this man? She was supposed to hate him so that she can easily execute her tasks, but how can she do that when everytime she tried to shut him out, he always find a way into her heart??


Morning came and Kris woke up earlier pulling out of the bed slowly, not wanting to wake Soo Bin out.

"What do we have for breakfast?" Kris asks out as he settled himself on the dining table.

"Oh, we thought Soo Bin is the one who will cook for your breakfast?" Hyemin clears out.

"Ah, yes. But she's tired, I don't want to wake her up. Just cook something and I'll have a coffee for now." Kris instructed.

"Who's tired and who you don't want to wake up?" Eun Ji, Kris' elder sister barged in. She was standing on the door, her arms are crossed and her brow raises.

"N-noona." Kris stood up from where he was, almost surprise with the sudden visit. He eyed her and saw the luggages beside her.

"Kris." She hissed. "Aren't you going to greet me?"

"Noona." He walks to her and give her a kiss on the cheeks. "Why didn't you inform me that you'll be coming in Korea?"  

"Why? So that you still had chance to hide those nasty things your doing?" Eun Ji suspected him. "Kris, are you playing again with girls?"

"Noona." He called her attention.

"So who was it this time? Who's tired then?" She questioned basing on what she heard a while ago. Kris just stared at her, contemplating whether to tell it to her or not. "Who's living here with Kris now?" She directed her question to Hyemin, knowing she won't lie.

Hyemin was having second thoughts on how she will introduce Soo Bin to her, because even though she notices that she was special to him, she didn't know exactly her place to him. "H-her secretary." She answer based on what was obvious to her. Kris brushes his hair somehow irritated knowing that her sister might misunderstood it.

"Noona, it was her." He said

"Who her? Your secretary? Wow, just wow! I thought you'd changed already. You disappointed me." She storms up going to the stairs. "I knew it, once you go back here in Korea you'll be back to your old business again. Is that how your friends influenced you?" She continuously lecture on him. "Well, what do I expect? You guys are all the same." She concluded.

"Noona! Let me explain first." But before he could even explain his side, it was too late already since her sister just barged on his room. He just stop on the door as her sister furiously enter his room.

"Wake up!" She passed by the sleeping figure on the bed, not sparing time to look who was it as she went to open the blinds so that the room will gets brighter. "So sleeping with your boss is now part of your job as his secretary?!" Eun Ji sarcastically said as she folds the blind.

Soo Bin wasn't aware of what was happening and just woke up from the sudden noise and the sun rays. She sits rubbing her eyes and was taken back when she saw a woman's figure on the window.

Eun Ji that time turn around and was surprise on who she found.

"S-soo Bin??" She stared at her, thinking if she wasn't mistaken. "Oh my god! It's really you!" Eun Ji runs to hug her.

"Eun Ji unnie." She hugs her back. On the other side, Kris was kind of confused on what was happening.

"Wait." He cuts off. "You two knew each other?" And the two girls nod on his direction. "How come?" He half smiled.

"Unnie is the one who I'm talking about last night." Soo Bin smiled widely.

"Oh, what a small world." Kris commented. "And she was my elder sister."

"Oh my god. I really can't believe it!" Eun Ji hugs her again. "What happens to you? Why are you even here? Is my brother playing with you? Oh my, Kris. You're playing with the wrong person!" She continue to assume.

"Noona, it's not what you thought!" Kris was almost there loosing his temper to her sister's really big mouth. "Listen to me first and don't assume things. One, I'm not playing nor sleeping with my secretary. Two, she's living with me but not sleeping as how you define it. And lastly, she's the one who save my life." He admitted. Actually, Kris' family was aware that he had been constantly looking after a girl who saves him but the last thing they heard about her from him, is he didn't know where she is because he loses connections when he went back to China.

"I-I thought you loose contact with that girl?" She cleared herself out.

"Yes, I did. But guess what, it was like destiny that she came up to me that night." Kris boasted, remembering how it seems like a co-incidence that he had found her again on an unexpected situation.

"Wait, wait!" Soo Bin cuts them off. "What are you guys talking? Who saves who? And who loose contact to who?" She was confused and unable to relate with their talk. She feels like she was out of place.

Eun Ji just give her a questioning look and glance on Kris. "Kris?" She ask her brother tyring to figure out why Soo Bin seems not to know anything.

"Ok, I think it's the right time for me to say this. Noona, she doesn't know anything. Why? Because I don't want to scare her out knowing that I had been watching over her for years. I don't want her to think of me as his creepy stalker."

"But you are. You're weird! That's what mom and dad thought also." His sister cuts off, since up to now they still don't know the reason why he just watch her from apart before where he could even introduce himself.

"I have my reasons." He stated firmly as if he's hiding something. "Soo Bin, I'm sorry for keeping it to you." He walks to the side of his bed and kneel in front of her and grab for her hand.

"Ok ok. I just don't understand why do you have to watch over me?" She questioned him.

"You save my life back then and I want to thank you for that. It was really a big thing for my family that you had save my life." He confesses

"You mean, you thank me by watching over me? And how did I save your life? I can't even remember doing that thing." Soo Bin gives him a weird look.

"I know he's crazy. We still don't get his point though."

"I mean, I thank you by returning back the help that you had given me when I was in need. I need to watch you so by that, I know what help I can give you back then. And how you saved me?..

It was already late when I received a text message from my sister, informing me that she will be coming home late. I asked her where she is and then she replied knowing that I just wanted to make sure that she was safe and was just with a friend. Being the over-protective brother I was, I escape wanting to pick my sister up, knowing that she's not fond of driving her car. I was supposed to go anywhere with my body guard around as what our parents had instructed me since I had receive a death threat, but I'm a hard headed and stubborn man who's always full of himself and so I went out with my car.
On the way to a place my sister told me where she was, I had notice a vehicle following but before I could even reach my destination, they are already gone. I called my sister informing that I will be picking her up."

Flashback

"Noona, wait for me there. I'll just park my car." Kris informed her sister.

"What?!" Eun Ji almost yelled. "Why did you go out alone?!" She stood up from her sit and panicked. She sling her bag to her shoulders and wave goodbye to Soo Bin who was working on that Cake shop.

"Why is the parking here was far from the shop?" Kris complains.

"Yah! Don't you dare get your out of your car. I'll be there in a while." Eun Ji warned his brother and was shocked when she heard a loud thud coming from the phone. "Yah! Kris!!! What happen? KRIS!! ! KRIIIIIS!" She panicked and runs on the other side of the street. What she doesn't know is that he was on the opposite side and his phone fells on the ground because he started running when he suspected three guys following him. Kris runs until he reach the cake shop, he glance through the clear glass of the shop, but didn't found her sister.

"!" He cursed as he look on the direction where he came from. He looks around again, and found a small path way on the side of the cake shop. He runs there to hide, since it's his only option.

On the other side, Soo Bin was taken a bit when her friend suddenly storm out of the store. She followed it out and saw her running through a certain direction. She was about to walk inside when a tall guy who's wearing a beanie stops in front of the shop. He was panting like someone is running after him and she also notices that he was looking for someone in the shop. Until she saw him runs to their path walk which leads to the entrance and exit for authorized person of the shop. She then notices three guys running coming from the direction of the guy a while ago. She didn't even think twice as she knew that this guys was after the tall guy. She entered the shop and hurriedly went to the stock room which leads to the path walk and opens the door just to find the tall guy leaning over it. She yanked him inside the stock room and closes the door slowly.

"Just stay there." She put a finger on her lips to tell him to keep quiet. She goes back inside just to find the three guys enter the shop.

"Good evening! What do you want for today?" She greeted calmly but the guys just snobbed her and looks for someone on the place. After a while, they exited and runs to the other street. She went back to the tall guy that she hid.

"You can go now, they are gone. They went to that street." She instructed him. The tall guy, fix his beanie and his face was almost covered by his bangs. It was dark out there, so Soo Bin wasn't able to take a glance on him.

"T-thanks." He muttered, the nervousness on his voice was obvious. Before he could even leave, he gave her a hug as his sign of saying thanks to her. He went out and glance at her for the last time so that he won't forget the face of the person who saves him.


"I was actually with her that night! She's the one I visited at the cake shop. It was really a small world after all." Eun Ji informed them.

"I-I... I wasn't even aware that I had save your life. Why are they even after you?" Soo Bin was finally lightened up.

"Well, he was a bastard back then. He was always engaged to club riot and he is the one who always started it. No wonder why he receives death threat that time. But I know he had change already. After that incident." Eun Ji ruffles the hair of his brother. "You might not be aware of those things, but what happen to him that night was a big impact to his life. He was enlighten up, and that was all thanks to you. Look at him now, from the mighty bastard play boy to a fine CEO now." She boasted out, proud of her younger brother.

"It was just actually a simple thing for me. But I didn't know that by that things I have done, I had been very helpful." Soo Bin reflected.

"And that's why you deserve everything I had given you. You can't decline anymore since you already know why I'm even giving you those things. You deserve it." Kris sits on her side.

"But I don't need any reward for that, if that's what you mean. I've done that without expecting anything in return." Soo Bin objected.

"All right, I think I need to call mom and dad now. I'm sure they will be very happy and excited to meet you." By that Eun Ji walks to the veranda to call their parents and inform them the good news.

"No more objections Soo Bin-ah."

"B-but.." Kris cuts her off.

"And no more buts, or else I'll kiss you." He warned her and she just keep shut and pouted being unable to object anymore.

"Don't pout like that, you're just tempting me to kiss you." Soo Bin instantly removed the pout on her lips and suddenly she was pushed to Kris chest. He had actually wrapped his arms around her.

"I haven't say it to you personally... thank you." He tightens his hug to her as Soo Bin find her arms also wrapping it around him.


On the veranda,
"Yes mom. Kris had found her already and she was actually living with him." Eun Ji reported it to her mom. "You won't believe it mom, he even hide it to her. I mean, he keep it to her that he owns his life to her and that he had been watching over her. Sometimes Yi fan was kinda weird."

"Oh you want to talk to him? Wait I'll call him." Eun Ji was about to walk inside his room when she saw them hugging each other and so she sheepishly smile. "I think Kris will get angry if we disturb him right now mom." She explains with a smile tugged on her face.

"You know what mom?...

They look perfectly together." By that she takes a photo of the two and send it to her mom.