Chapter 20

Unchained Memoirs

"Wow! Is it yours???" Soo Bin questioned Kris as the three of them entered the private jet plain.

"It's actually our company's. It is used when we are having a stock holders or client visit from one country to another and even if we travel. Well you could say that." He explains.

"Come on here Soo Bin! You can sit beside the window." Eun Ji called for her attention asking her to sit besides her. Kris had just shrug, having no option but just to sit infront of the two ladies. Suddenly he's thankful that the set up of the airplane seats are facing each other.

 

 

"Oh how was the trip?" Mrs. Wu welcome her children.

"Hi mom! I misses you!" Eun Ji comes to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheeks. 

"Soo Bin here actually enjoys the flight. It was her first time." Kris come inside with Soo Bin on his side and he also gives his mom a hug. "By the way mom, I want you to meet Lee Soo Bin." He introduces and Soo Bin bowed to his mom.

"Kris' life saver and..." Eun Ji continue and pauses after lacking an introduction.

"And?" Mrs. Wu inquires

"And... I don't know. Why don't you ask your son then?" Mrs. Wu look at his son's direction, suspecting him for something.

"And secretary." He finishes.

"I see." Mrs. Wu nods. "Hi there beautiful young lady. It's my pleasure to finally meet you." She went to Soo Bin and hugs her. "Thank you for saving Kris back then." 

"It's really nothing Mrs. Wu." She smiled and pull out from the hug.

"Mom, where's dad?" Eun Ji asks

"As usual, in the office." She replied. "Come on, let's all go inside so you could eat and rest." Mrs. Wu offers.

"Oh mom, I had to go to dad's office first. I promised him that I will help preparing for the launching party." She bids her good bye.

"Ok then, come on Kris. Bring Soo Bin inside with you." Mrs. Wu entered first.

Suddenly, Kris phone rung. "You go first, I have to take this call." He informed.

"No, I'll just wait for you." Soo Bin being shy, chooses to wait for him.

"Hello?.. Yes, I just got here.. Hmmm." Kris check on his watch. "Ok, I'll meet you in a while." He said before he hungs up the phone.

Soo Bin was hesitant to asks who was it, but doesn't want to interfere him.

"Hey. I had to leave." Kris informed him and Soo Bin just replied to him with wide eyes.

"You're going to leave me?" She asks and he nodded.

"I had to meet someone. Don't worry, I'll ask mom to take care of you."

'Someone? Who's that someone?' Some how Soo Bin felt jealous hearing that word from him. And then, yes he had left her alone with his mom. Actually, she had no problem being left alone, but her situation now is a bit different since she was left with people she just met in a foreign country and she was still shy and uncomfortable around.

 

That night, Soo Bin haven't seen Kris went home. She was suppose to wait for him, but Eun Ji had invited her to her room already. Mrs. Wu had actually offered to let her stay in one of the guest rooms, but she had decline it and it was still because of her phobia sleeping alone in a room.

 

Soo Bin had actually woke up from a tap on her arm, Eun Ji informing her that she and her mom will go somewhere.

"O-ok." She responded.

"Don't worry, Kris doesn't have any appointments today so he will be staying with you. Or if you want you could ask him to tour you around, just be back after lunch because we'll be fitting our gowns for the party." Eun Ji kisses her cheeks and bids goodbye.

"Huuuuuh, I'm still sleepy." Soo Bin groans as she open her eye to check on the time and to her surprise, it was already quarter to 10. She's not really a heavy sleeper but maybe she's having a jet log or she still needs to adjust her body clock to China's time zone. She took a quick shower then wents out of the room. As she wents out she directly go to the kitchen, just to be welcomed by a maid who instantly bowed to her.

"Is Kris had taken his breakfast already?" She asks, planning to cook something for him.

"He haven't came out of his room yet ms. Soo Bin." The maid informs her.

"Oh, just call me Soo Bin." She offers not wanting to be called formally. "By the way, can I just cook for his breakfast?" 

"No problem. I'll be leaving you then. Just call me if you need anything ms..."

"Soo Bin. Just Soo Bin." She cuts her off then proceeded to cooking. 

Just in half an hour, she had already made a delicious breakfast for him. But then he still hadn't woke up yet. So what she did was to get a tray and planned to serve his breakfast on the bed.

She knocks on his door but he didn't respond. So she tries to twist the knub and to her luck, it was open. She peeks in and finds his sleeping figure still on the bed. She walks then settled tray on his bedside table and that's when she notices he was hugging a hotdog pillow. She finds it adorable actually, no wonder when she sleeps with him, he always hugs her. Suddenly she just felt her heart beats fast and realization hits her, she was really missing this guy. She sits on the corner of his bed.

"Kris." She called softly but he didn't respond. "Kris?." She then patts his arm.

"Uhhh?" He groaned

"I prepare breakfast for you. Come on, it's already late." She continue to taps him but he just ignore her and instead he faces the other side and cover his head with a pillow. "Come on Kris. I brought you breakfast in bed. Unnie told me to asks you to tour me around and after I'll go with them to fit the gown. You know what, I was actually excited since it's my first time that I'll be wearing a gown. Do you think it will look good on me?"

"Shhhh. Can't you see I'm still sleeping?" Kris speaks with a groggy tone of voice. "I'm still sleepy. Just leave the food there." He commanded asking her already to leave.

"B-but it was already late. What time did you went home last night?" She asks wondering why he's still sleepy and suddenly felt sad that Kris wasn't able to appreciate the breakfast, she was actually excited to see his reaction with what she cooked, but guess what? She was ignored. When he continues to ignore her, she just decided to leave with a lot of questions hanging on the tip of her toungue.

It was past lunch already but Kris haven't went out of his room still. In just a few minutes, Eun Ji had already arrive to pick her up. 

Just in time, Kris woke up just to find a tray of food on his table. He suddenly remembers Soo Bin waking him up a while ago, and felt guilty that he had just ignores her. He stood up and went out of his room to look for her but she wasn't around anymore.

"Where did Soo Bin go?" He asks one of the maids.

"Oh, the young lady picks her up just a few minutes ago."

Then he remember Soo Bin informing him about how excited she is wearing a gown.

"Great timing." He commented, because had actually planned to give her a tour.

Unexpectedly, some one barge in on the living room.

"Yi Fan!" A small voice calls his name.

"Roxy." He greeted. "What brings you here?"

"Hmmm well, I brought you lunch." She raises the paper bags on her hand. "I just assume you missed chinese foods."

"I actually do." Kris showed his gummy smile and his mood suddenly enlightens up. Well she still had this effect on him. Who was Roxy? She was just actually the childhood friend slash puppy slash first love and first girl friend of the mighty Wu Yi Fan. Who wouldn't be on the mood? Indeed, first love was still the best. But it was actually before for him. Because this first love of him actually choses to break his heart just to pursue her dream to be a reknown international fashion designer and now she's back to claim what she had given up before for her dreams since she already reach it.

 

In two hours, Soo Bin had manage to go back and just asks Eun Ji to drops her off on the house, expecting Kris to be wild awake and he could went out with her. But to her dismay what she found was a happy Kris obviously enjoying another girl's company while watching a movie. She was rooted on where she is and doesn't know actually how to process what she saw. She had admitted that she felt jealous to the girl because she saw herself on her as the one who was supposed to be on his side. But what makes her jealous the most is that, Kris had never smiled to her like the way he did to the so called girl. Well, Kris had actually this effect on her. Who wouldn't be after of all those things he had shown and given her..'Maybe I had just expected for too much.' She commented.

She walks pass the living room and caught eye-to-eye with Kris, but he just look back the television as if he didn't notice her presence. Soo Bin spend the whole afternoon on Eun Ji's room thinking and thinking. She didn't even went out except for time for dinner. And Kris was not even around but she didn't even dare to asks where he is.

After dinner, she had actually help the maid wash the plates and clear the table up, but what caught her eye was a tray that another maid had left. That tray was actually where she had put his breakfast and what's worst is that it wasn't even eaten. She felt bad that her effort was waste, but she couldn't do anything about it.

Soo Bin was gloomy and that she just force herself to sleep. But she had been on the bed and still can't go to sleep when suddenly she feels thirsty. She went out and get a glass of water from the kitchen. When she was about to went upstairs, the door opens and Kris barge in.

"You're not yet asleep?" He asks walking towards the stair.

"I was about to." She simply replied.

"All right." It was all that he said. "By the way, I already had a date for tomorrow." Kris informed her when he pass by her.

"Ok then." It was all that she could respond and she just find herself running to Eun Ji's room, her tears starting to drop.

"Yah, where did you go? I told you to take your beauty rest right?" Eun Ji sense her presence and turns on the light with her remote. "Oh my god? You're not about to cry right?" Eun Ji rush to her side when she notices her teart eyes.

"I'm not." Soo Bin pretended and force her tears not to fall. "I just went out to drink a water." She explains.

"Then why aren't you sleeping yet? I told you, you need a beauty rest for tomorrow." Eun Ji reminds her.

"I'm not going to the party anymore." She informs her.

"What?!" She half-yelled. "Is it about Kris? What did he do?"

"Unnie, it's not like that! I just thought he won't be needing me anymore since he had a date already." 

"Wait, he had a date already?" Eun Ji probes. "That brother of mine was really getting into my nerves. Yesterday, he left just when he came around and went home late. A while ago, he's not around during the dinner and now it's like that. That jerk!" She cursed her own brother. "Don't worry, I'll be making sure that he'll regret his acts. And, you're still going to the party." She demanded.

"No, I could just stay here unnie. I'll be fine." Then Eun Ji just look at her as if she don't have a choice. "Ok then."

"Wait, is that the reason why you're about to cry a while ago?" Eun Ji teases her with a look.

"Aniyo!" Soo Bin pretended.

"Then why are you so quiet awhile ago?" Eun Ji trying to figure her out.

"I'm just tired." She reasoned out.

"Oh really? Ok. So what else did my ever jerk brother had done to you?"

"Nothing really unnie." 

"You won't tell me? Ok I'll just go ahead and asks the maids what happen between you and Kris." She made a trap for her to tell the truth.

"O my unnie! Don't. I'll tell you now." She stops her. "Hmmm actually he had just been cold and silent treated me since we came here. I'm not just used to it."

"So you just missed my brother's old treatment to you?.What else?" 

"It's not like that unnie. Hmmm. Well I cook and brought him a breakfast in bed, but I just notice that he didn't eat it." Soo Bin added.

"Oh, what else?" Eun Ji continue to asks.

"And when you drop me home, I was suppose to ask him out. But he's already with someone and when I came in, it's like I'm an air like he didn't notice my presence." She felt sad when she saw awhile ago.

"Who's that someone?" 

"I don't know actually unnie."

"Oh! I think I knew it." She taps the table. "! He really didn't learn his lesson yet!" Eun Ji exclaimed. "Let's just see then."