Chapter 19

Unchained Memoirs

"Where are you guys going?" Kris questioned the two girls as he saw them dressed up like they are going to a party.

"I'm bringing Soo Bin with me. We'll have some fun tonight." Eun Ji winks at her brother.

"Yah yah! I didn't even allow her to come with you." He objected, knowing that her sister might bring her to a bar.

"And who are you to boss her around? As far as I can recall, it's sunday. Meaning, she's not your secretary today or.. are you perhaps her boyfriend?" She pointed out as she looks at his younger brother in suspision and glance at Soo Bin who just NOD.

"I'm not." Kris admited in defeat.

"Then suit yourself." And so she bid left while Soo Bin followed her and bow to Kris.

"Wait! Can I just join?" He requested.

"No no no." Eun Ji looks back. "No boys allowed." She mouthed. By that, Kris slam back his body to the couch, suddenly feeling bored.

'What if noona introduce her to some of his guy friends? What if she lets her drink alcohol? What if she got drunk? ! So many what ifs! Why do I even care if she met some guys out there? ! I'm being paranoid!' Kris thought. He's watching a movie but actually his mind flew. He then gets his phone and called her sister to ask where exactly they are going so that he could follow them, but then his sister just turn off the phone. He called Soo Bin and to his luck, she answered it.

"Yoboseyo?" She greeted

"Yah! Where noona is bringing you?" He asks

"Back off WU YI FAN." He heard her sister's voice and the call got disconnected. He tried to reach for it again, but it was now off.


Hours had passed and it was already 1 freaking a.m. in the morning, but the two girls wasn't home yet. Kris was unable to sleep since he was worried to Soo Bin. He really doesn't care about her elder sister any more 'cause she was used to going out at night, but then she was with Soo Bin.

The door opens and it reveals a wasted Eun Ji followed by Soo Bin.

"Oh my baby brother is still awake. Are you waiting for noona?" Eun Ji teases him, obviously half drunk. "I'm tired. Let's talk tomorrow, nightiee." She peck on his cheeks and Kris obviously smelled the alcohol on her.

"Did you drink also?" Kris questioned Soo Bin.

"Ani, I didn't even know how to drink."

"Good for you then. Come on, let's go to sleep." Kris put an arm around her shoulders.

"Oopps." Eun Ji yelled from the stairs. "By the way, she'll be sleeping with me from now on." She informed her brother.

"What?" Kris look at her way.

"Yeap yeap. Since she was just sleeping with you for a companion. Well, I'm here already. I can accompany her." She left. "Soo Bin, change your clothes and sleep already huh. You have work tomorrow!" Eun Ji yelled as she walks to her room.

"Hmmmm goodnight?"

"Hays! What's wrong with that girl! She always interfere. Fine, good night. I'll see you tomorrow." Before he left, he bended slightly and peck on her cheeks.


Another two weeks had passed since Eun Ji went back to Korea. She doesn't have any business there and just went actually to visit and watch over her brother. So whenever she was bored, she'd actually asks Kris to let Soo Bin left early on work or sometimes she even asks to give her a leave. Even on weekend, she was always bringing Soo Bin with her like she can't go anywhere without her. And that actually pisses him off. It's not that Soo Bin was leaving a lot of works on his office, but it's how he never had a single time with her. He never get even a chance to go out with her alone, since her sister will be hooking up whenever he asks her out or her sister won't allow him to come when the two went out. And now, he's starting to feel the gap with her like all his efforts was wasted when he was trying his best for her to open up to him.
When they are actually in the office, he won't even find time to bond with her since he is busy.

From: Kris
What are you doing right now?

To: Kris
I'm finishing typing the summary of the meeting a while ago.

From: Kris
All right. Finish that already and let's have a lunch before my sister could even come and drags you again. I miss eating with you already and I miss you the most. :)

To: Kris
I miss you too actually. :)

Soo Bin responded bluntly, smiling and liking the way she responded to him. Well, it was true actually. She missed spending the time with him and she miss him the most. Her thoughts was brushed when her phone started ringing. It was actually Kris, and so she tap the answer button.

"What was that again?" He asks

"What is it?" She questioned

"The last text you sent me." The smile on his voice was obvious.

"Oh." It was all the she could even respond.

"What was it again? Please?? I want to hear it." He pleaded

"Mr. Wu, I'm not yet half way done of what I'm typing. If you really want to go and have lunch with me, please don't disturb me for now because I actually wanted to go out with you." She indirectly said that she misses him, if he just read between her words then he will find what he was looking for.

"Ok, see you in a while." Kris said in defeat and disappointment.


That was the only time again the two went out together. A week had passed again, and it was the same as the other two weeks and Kris was really pissed off.

"Noona, how long will you be staying here?" Kris questioned while the three was having a breakfast on a saturday morning.

"I think for good?" Eun Ji answered.

"What?! You've got to be kidding me!" He can't believe what he just heard. Having her sister for good means that sharing Soo Bin with her for life, oh not just sharing cause her sister didn't even let him spend time. She was actually a selfish brat for him.

"Why? You don't want me around?" She eyed her brother.

"I-I thought you're going to put up a clothing line in China?"

"Change of plans." She answered directly. "Speaking of China, dad informed me that you had to attend the launching party."

"I already know. Are you coming also?" He asks.

"Yes I will. And mom and dad wants us to bring Soo Bin with us there." Eun Ji informed.

"Of course she will. She will be my date." Kris demanded. "I had actually set a flight for us on thursday."

"Good then, so we can still tour Soo Bin around." Eun Ji winks at her, being excited and gloomy after knowing that she will be with her best buddy on her home land.