Chapter 8

Unchained Memoirs

 

Chapter 8

 

 

The place was very quiet and serene, she nuzzles her face into the pillow and there she fell in love with the smell. The light is muted and she feels very comfortable lying to the bed. She opens her eyes and savors the atmosphere. Her eyes roam around, she doesn't have any idea where she is and there she spotted a man reading a news paper on the couch near the veranda.

She swallows a lump, ‘I’m in Wu Yi Fan’s room.’ Soo Bin almost forgot her real agenda there and she finds herself uncomfortable. She is very nervous that it looks like the walls around the room is eating her, then she sighs.

“Oh you‟re awake.” He folded his news paper and stood up from the couch. ‘Oh my god, he’s coming near me.’ There she panics inside. He sits on the side of the bed and she finds herself compressing her body near the headboard, thinking he might do something to her.

“Good morning Soo Bin-ah.” He flashes her his sweetest smile. ‘He looks nice.’ Her inner goddess judges him. ‘No. He’s just playing with you.’ And her conscience brushes her admiration thoughts towards this guy. Soo Bin doesn't know how to respond with his greeting and she just stare at him with scared eyes. “hmmmm, sorry to scare you.” He

obviously notices the tension. “Wu Yi Fan or Kris.” He offers his right hand for a shake, but she just look at it with wonder if she‟s going to accept it or not. He felt embarrass for offering her a hand shake so he just take it back and just brush it on his hair instead. “Lee Soo Bin right?” He asks and she just nodded. “I‟ll just go ahead and get your breakfast.” He stood up with an awkward smile and left.

After he left, she felt like she had finally breathe. He's giving her a good atmosphere but she just doesn't know how to respond, knowing that this guy who is being nice to her is her target, the reason why she and her twin have to suffer. She's also confuse, ‘is he really nice or it is just a show?’

“Soo Bin-ah, D.O. here. Are you awake?” Soo Bin heard a voice that brushes her thoughts again, and there she remembers the earring gadget. She checks the button and it is on un-muted mode.

“D.O.-shi, I‟m at Kris' room. What should I do? I can't talk to you for so long. He will be back soon.” She whispers while eyeing the door.

“Oh, good. None for now, I'm just checking on you. Well I'm the one Suho-hyung had assigned to watch over you for this day.” He explained and on her inside, she felt relieve that there is nothing she need to do for now aside from thinking how to act in front of Kris. “Just act like you don't want to stay there, ok? Like he's going to lock you up in the room. Arraseo?” She nodded.

Then the door creek open and she muted her gadget on a speed.

“Hmmm. Hi. Breakfast?” He race the tray on his hands looks like he's running out of words. Then he moves towards her and settle the tray in front of her. She suddenly remembers someone, the same scenario and the same set-up, and that is Jongin. There she just notices that she is covering herself with the comforter for a long time, Soo Bin looks under the covers and to her surprise she finds herself on just a plain white shirt with her undergarments and nothing anymore, no skirts and no shoes. Soo Bin blinks and she stares at Kris with a fright look.

“W-what have you d-done to me?” She stutters while speaking in a low tone and trying to hold her tears. ‘How come I became compatible easily? Does he do it to me?’
Kris looks surprise to, that he don‟t know how to explain what happen to you. “N-no, it's not what you think.” He defended himself and comes near her to hold her on her shoulders. But she just moves back.

“Don't touch me! Don't come near me.” She yelled with a scared voice, feeling disgusted with herself. She knows that Suho had already warned her about this, but she didn't see that coming. She thought it was just a pain that will come and go away, but it's not. It's something very important to her. She started to cry and sobs can hear all over the room, she's not acting in front of him and this is really what she feels.

Kris felt bad seeing her cry, that he felt restless. He moves towards her though she continues to struggle away from him but he caught her on his arms, trapping her as he wrapped her on his arms while she just continue to hit his chest.

“Shhhhh.” He brushes her back and tries to calm her down. “There's nothing really happen Soo Bin-ah.” He tightens his embrace on her and there she finds herself stopped from hitting him by just hearing his words but her sobbing is continuous.

“Really?” Soo Bin started to believe on him.

Then she hears him sigh. ‘I knew it from the very start. She’s force to do that and that’s why they drug her. Whoever they are, they will pay.’ Kris felt bad for what she is force to do, knowing that what she is last night was not the real her. “Shhhh.” He continues to stop her from crying. He loosens his embrace and grip on her shoulders. “Tell me what really happen?” He asks her but she just look down and shook her head. She can't tell him what really happen or else they will hurt her sister, she can't tell him everything though in just a minutes she felt like she can trust his words but then she realizes that she‟s not suppose to trust him, but instead he needs him to trust her. Soo Bin is really confused from what is wrong or right that she finds herself burying her head on his chest. She's baffle that all she can do was to cry. Kris was taken back with her actions that all he wants to do was to comfort and take care of her. He moves his hands around her again and there she mirrored what he did, hugging him back. She doesn't know why, but she felt comfortable, safe and warm on his arms. It felt like she had known this feeling, feeling to be on his arms.

When Kris found that her sobbing stops, he releases her though he really wanted to stay on that position. He slips a strand of her hair in her ears, and then gives her a reassuring smile.

“You have to eat.” His voice was calm and comforting. He places the tray in front of her then holds the fork and the bread knife then cuts the meat into small one. He gets the spoon and moves it near . “aaaahhh.” He mouthed but she felt uncomfortable, him feeding her. “ooops sorry.” He forces a smile then puts down the spoon. “Eat up.” He gives her a nod and she started to dig in. It felts like she had not eaten for years. He continues to stare at her and admires her by just seeing her eat. “Slow down Soo Bin.” He warns her thinking that she will throw up if she continues to eat in a speed. She heard him and that makes her stop from eating and eye him, feeling shy. “Oh, I didn‟t mean to stop you. Just slow down, you might throw up.” He crunches his head and smile. There she admires him with smile. “D-did you eat already?” Soo Bin asks slowly, knowing that she started to eat without thinking of him. Kris felt ease that she started to talk to him without crying nor forced, he feels like she‟s concern.

He just shook his head. “Go ahead; I‟ll eat downstairs when you're done.” ‘Even if Idon’t eat or sleep, I will be fine just to watch over you.’ He said to himself. “Go on and eat, don't mind me.” He tells her and she started to dig in again. 

 

Soo Bin had enjoyed with her breakfast, she doesn’t know why she felt like she haven’t eaten for years and she felt like she’s a dried flower that had been just watered.
“Oh you’re done.” Kris stood up and fixes the tray and was about to stood up when Soo Bin grip on his free hand.

“Hmmm, what am I doing here?” Soo Bin started to ask, maybe starting her acts? She looks at him with puppy eyes.

Kris had put down the tray again and scratches his nape. ‘How do I explain this?’ He thought of a simpler way to explain her situation. “Hmm It’s a long story, but let me just put it up this way. I’ll have you here from now on. Arraseo?” He thought of words to tell her that he will be taking care of her from now on, but just came onto that.
“Are you locking me on this house?” Her voice started to shake.
“Uh no. I didn’t mean that way. Oh, how do I say this?” He searches for words. “You
have to stay in my house. Ok?”

“No! I have to go home, I have my own house!” Soo Bin yelled at him. Actually that’s her first task, to make him trust her that he will let her stay on his house, but she thought that she doesn’t want Kris to think that she will just agree just like that. She had to act, in this situation. So she started her act being hysterical.

“Look Soo Bin-ah.” Kris holds into her shoulders. “I can’t let you be in harm again? So you better stay near me, so I can watch over you.” He tries to explain on his best.

‘Be in harm again? What is he thinking about? That I’m here because someone tries to hurt me? Then he can save me? No! My sister is in harm if he doesn’t cooperate!’ Soo Bin is kind of confused with his words again. “No! I don’t want to be here. Set me free!” She yelled again trying to escape from the room, but Kris blocks her way.
“Back-off!” Kris gets impatient.

“What?! You’re going to kill me if I don’t?” She responded. ‘So this is the real you, cold huh.’ Thinking that Kris is now showing his real side.

“Stop accusing me. Can’t you see?! I’m being nice here! I’m not someone as you thought, I‟m helping you here.” He had raised his voice and with those last words, Kris exited the room and locked it. “I will lock you for now, so I will be sure that you won’t escape. Think Soo Bin.” His voice is now calm again.

‘Think of what?!’ She yelled to herself. “Yeah! I’m not asking you to help me in the first place!” She checks the knob and there it goes, he had his words, it’s locked. “Good, I’m stocked here.”

‘Is she really that stubborn?’ Kris questioned himself as he walks away. “I wish I will never grow tired of her.”