Chapter 14

Unchained Memoirs

Chapter 14

 

 

 

 

 

“Good morning Soo Bin-ah” A warm voice greeted. Soo Bin grasp and was about to flip her body when a strong pair of arms hinders her from moving. She looks at the person lying behind her with her side visions. He seems so deeply asleep and she wonders who greeted her if Kris was still on his dreamland. She replay the voice a while ago on her mind and recognizes that it was Kai who greeted her. Soo Bin struggles a little from Kris’ grip and loosens his hands around her waist, and then she flips her body to face Kris who was sleeping like a koala. She giggles but she just doesn’t know if it was because of the warm voice that greeted her for her to wake up or is it because of the man lying beside her who makes her feel warm and comfortable during her sleep. She watches him breathe, for sure she love this view. It was the only time when she adores him, and that was when he was soundlessly sleeping and so serene. She softly traces his pointed nose not wanting to wake him up yet since it will be too early for him. Then she stood up and does some stretches. She fixes the blinds of the curtains then went to her room to wash up and change for comfortable clothes.

“Good morning Jongin.” She greeted when she was on a safe place which is her room. She fixes herself and ties her hair into a messy bun while waiting for a respond.

She heard a groan from the other line. “What takes you so long to respond?” Kai questioned with his voice looks like he had woke up.

“You know that I can’t just reply instantly especially when Kris was around.” She explains.

“Kris was around? You mean you sleep with him?!” He speaks in surprise and annoyance if that is possible.

“Hmmm. I just stayed at his room. I’m afraid of being alone at nights.” She protested.

“Oh, I almost forgot.” He muttered.

“You knew?” She wonders how she knew about her fear.

“Hee Jun had told us before.” He explains, actually Hee Jun had informed them about it just because she thought she will be staying alone during Soo Bin’s stay at the mansion of the prosecutors.

“Oh, I see. How was my twin?”

“Did he try to touch you?” He ignores her question since he was worried about her. But with his question, Soo Bin remember how she felt warm with Kris’ embrace last night though she never expected it will felt that way since she’s not really fond of skinships.

“Anniyo. He’s nice to me and I don’t think he will take advantage of me.” She defended Kris, since she knew he was not that kind of person because if ever he is, he might do it during her first time on his house. “Hey, I can’t talk to you that long. Kris will be awake in an hour and I still need to prepare for his breakfast.” She beamed.

“You prepare for it?”

“Neh, A way of saying thank you for the things he bought for me and maybe a way of gaining his trust?” She excuses wherein she really loves cooking especially when Kris seems to like her way.

“That bastard is one lucky guy.” He commented. “How I wish I can be him.” He felt envious of how Kris gets a special treatment from Soo Bin.

“I really need to go, talk to you later.” By that she muted her gadget and proceeded to the kitchen.

 

Soo Bin twisted the door knob and peeks in to found a sleeping Kris, his face burying on the pillow she uses. She motions the maid who was assisting her to give her the tray of food she cooked and she closes the door with her foot. She settled it to the bed side table and comes near him.

“Kris. Wake up. Your breakfast is ready.” She taps his arm but Kris just shrug. “Kris.” She calls him again. Kris moves the pillow away from his face and pouted then pointed his lips asking for a kiss. “Yah!” Soo Bin throws a pillow direct to his face.

Kris flexes his arms and rubs his eyes and Soo Bin found him cute that way. “Good morning. Why you always want to throw a pillow to me?” He greeted and questioned.

“And why you always want to tease me?” She replied with a question then walk to get the tray and put it on the bed.

“Wow.” He awes. “Breakfast in bed.” He exclaimed and breathes out.

“Obviously.” She speaks in a matter-of-a-fact tone. “Eat. You don’t want to be late in your work.”

“Oh, and I don’t know that you knows how to nag.” He said and started to dig in. “Wait, how did you know about my schedule?” Kris wonders.

“Connections.” She simply responds as she started to fix the pillows and fold the comforter while Kris was still on the bed.

“How can it be connections when it was just Hyemin?” He cleared out as he thought that it was only Hyemin who is always aware of his schedules since she’s the one who takes care of him and everything he needs before going to work. Now, it feels like he already had a… “Hey have you eaten already?” He asks then Soo Bin shook his head.

“I’ll eat after you go to work.” She responded but Kris had caught her wrist and made her sit in front of him.

“Eat with me.” He commanded and slices bacon and brings the spoon closes to to feed her.

Soo Bin continuously shook her head as she felt shy about him feeding her. “Don’t mind me, I can eat later. Come on, you’ll be late for your work.” She refuses

“No. Come on. Say “aaaaah” WIFEY.” Kris pointed out the word and that was what he was feeling a while ago, it felts like he already have a wife since there is someone who will cook for him, wake him up and there to remind him his schedules. Soo Bin got stiffened with the word she heard him calls her. Well, she blushes by the pet name he was calling her though it’s far from the reality and she knows he was just playing around her to .

“Wifey your face.” She exclaimed.

“Just one please. My hands are tired already.” He pleaded then Soo Bin opens for Kris to shove the spoon. She looks at Kris who was just watching her with a grin on his face.

“What?” She questioned him.

“Nothing. You’re just cute.” He pinches her cheeks and went back to eating.

Soo Bin doesn’t know how to respond. Sometimes she founds Kris cute and sometimes she found him annoying since she knew he’s not really like that. He’s the type of person who was serious, bad temper and doesn’t want to talk that much as she based it on his looks. She’s not also used by his sweetness he showed her since she’s not really a mushy or a romantic type of person.

“Done, your cooking is really good. Anyway, are you starting to pay for your debt that’s why you cooked for me?” Kris praises and asks.

“How can you say my cooking is good when it was just all fried?” She questioned him as she obviously notice that he was just using it to start a conversation with her. “And I might sound rude if I told you I just cooked for you to pay for my debts and it may look like I’m not doing it wholeheartedly when in fact I do, so let’s just say I just wanted to cook for you. Would that be fine?” Kris just laughs at her boldness.

“Ok then. So let’s just forget about your debt. You are paid already.” He claimed and stood up to get the tray but Soo Bin snatches it from his hold.

“You take a bath and I’ll clean up. Arraseo? And about the debt, let’s talk about it some other time when you’re not running late.” She leaves him and was about to exit,

“Arraseo wifey!” He yelled and Soo Bin slammed the door.

 

“Wifey! Can you fix my tie for me?!” Kris yelled barge out running downstairs and stands up beside Soo Bin who was sitting on the table and eating with Hyemin.

“Stop calling me wifey!” Soo Bin gets irritated so she protested since she felt shy since Hyemin is around.

“Come on, I don’t know how to tie this.” He excuses and Soo Bin stood up and moves closer to him and started to fix his tie. Kris then looks at Hyemin and winks at her when Soo Bin’s eyes we’re focus on his tie. Obviously Kris knows how to tie it and Hyemin too, but he’s just using it as an excuse to get intact with Soo Bin.

“Done. Where’s your suit and satchel?”

“In the bed.”

“I’ll go get it.” Soo Bin runs to get his things and went back to assist him on wearing his suit then gives him his satchel.

“I’ll be going to work now.” He bid goodbye and was about to exit when he remembers something. He walks back and gets something from his bag. “Oh, I almost forget. Your phone.” Kris put it on the table besides her plate. Soo Bin’s eyes grew big and look on his way while he just flashes a smile. “I’m no. 1 on speed dial.”

“Thank you.” Soo Bin replied with a smile.

“Don’t I get any reward from that?” He beamed referring to something like a kiss or a hug.

Soo Bin glances at the clock and it was already 7:30a.m. “You’re late already. You still need to travel.” She changes the topic.

“Fine, I’ll be leaving.” He said in defeat. “Please take care of her eomonim.” He reminded Hyemin before totally leaving and Soo Bin went back to eating.

 

“Annyeong!” Soo Bin greeted at the gadget as she settled herself on her room. “Kris had already left for work.” She informed because she’s sure Kai is on the other line.

“You need something?” Kai responded impolitely since he’s tired of hearing things about Kris from her.

“I thought you wanted to talk.” She reminded him of their deal last night.

“I don’t want anymore especially when you’re just going to be insensitive and just talk about Kris.” He burst out his true feelings that he’s really feeling jealous about that guy. He’s not that easy to fall and not to close to girls since he’s cold but in the short period of time he’s with Soo Bin, he was sure of his feelings already. He likes Soo Bin.

“What about being insensitive and about Kris huh?!” She questioned her not being able to get what he’s referring too.

“Well, you’re just numb.” He simply explains

“How can I be one?” She questioned

“Like you are right now.”

“I really don’t get you at all.” She protested.

“Of course, you don’t because you’re numb.”

“Fine. I am.” She gives up and Kai just pauses then laugh after. “Why are you laughing?”

“It’s just that, I don’t know you’re a quitter.” He informs her as he found out that she’s not that keen.

“Happy?” She said ironically.

“What are you doing right now?” He changes the topic since he already felt relieve.

“Hmmm, browsing and learning about my phone?” She said as she lied on her bed and explores the features of her new phone.

“You got a phone already?!”

“Neh, he bought me one.”

“Woh, cool. I think he already trusted you that much.” He commented.

“You think so?” She asks.

“Hmmm, maybe? Not that sure.”

“Oh, what’s you’re number?” She readied to enter his number.

“Why? You want to text or call me?” He teases.

“No, just to add a contact.” She didn’t ride with him.

“Arraseo, here it is. ***********”

“Copy.”

They remain chatting like getting to know each other. They even ask each others birthday, favorites, likes and dislikes. Actually it was Kai’s idea, and he started it since he wants to keep the conversation with her and she really wants to know her.

“Jongin, I already need to go. I still need to fix something.” Soo Bin bids.

“Is it about Kris again?” He questioned.

“Hmmm, probably.”

“Well, just take care huh? And don’t get too attached with him.” He warned her not because Kris might hurt her or something if she gets attached but he knew the possibility that Kris might like her and her as well.

“Yes, I will.” She responded.

“I will…” He’s waiting for something.

“Hmmm, I will…” She pauses. “O-oppa.” She hesitantly refers to him. Actually during their conversations Kai had requested for Soo Bin to call her oppa since he knew that he was a year older than her. Kai on the other line was insanely smiling and blushing just because of that. He knew he might not be around to stay with Soo Bin like Kris can but he’s sure that he’s a point ahead of Kris since he now knew a lot about her.