Chapter 12

Unchained Memoirs

Chapter 12

 

 

Soo Bin had woken up really early; she wrinkles her eyes as she was welcome with a gorgeous sleeping guy facing her way. She admitted it; she had just appreciated how handsome Kris was that she can’t help herself to smile at his sleeping figure. This man was so serene; maybe she never had realized it because she was always caught up with a lot of things and her accusations about this guy.

She slowly gets out of the bed and stretches her arms. “It’s so peaceful here.” She had woken up with a huge grin on her face and that’s what she think will make her day bright. Actually, she was just like that because she just realizes that she doesn’t really need to burden herself with everything that happens and just like what D.O. told her, she can just enjoy her situation and that’s what she had just plan to do. Thanks to D.O. But despite her good thoughts she had never forgotten to think of her sister.

Soo Bin glanced at the clock; it was just 6:00 in the morning. ‘I still have a lot of time.’ She beamed to herself and proceeded to somewhere.

 

Kris had grasp as he felt the bright sunrays that was shining on his sleeping figure. He gets a pillow beside him and buried his face to hide from the rays when he notices that no one was using his pillow, when it was supposed to be that someone was lying there. He hurriedly stood up and went out in panic, he runs downstairs and Hyemin had caught him.

“What’s wrong young master?” She asks while Kris just keeps on roaming his eyes, looks like he’s looking for something.

“Have you seen Soo Bin?” He asks, his eyes can’t focus.

Hyemin smiles to herself. “She’s at the kitchen.” Kris had gone there and stop on the door. He leaned on the wall as he observes her and found himself smiling while he listens to her.

Soo Bin was happily humming a tune while she was cooking for a breakfast, she had gone here to there and she just notices a figure watching over her. She glanced at the figure and shifts her eyes again to focus on what she was frying.

“Good morning Kris.” She greeted. On the other side, Kris was surprise with her mood that he doesn’t know how to respond, but surely a smile was still imprinted on his face.

“Hungry already? I’m almost done.” She informs him as she puts the omelet on a plate. She removes her apron and pot holder then gets the plates which contain the omelet and the hotdogs, then pass by him. He followed her and there she settled everything on the dining table. Kris was just observing her the whole time, and he was kind of confuse by her acts. “Let’s eat.” She said as she sits and ask him too also.

“What have you eaten?” He asks ironically, obviously pointing her different attitude this morning.

“None yet, I just finish cooking.” She gets the bowl of rice and serves on his plate first before proceeding to hers. Kris had just eyed him, and she continues until she had put the omelet and hotdog on the both plates.

“Did you wake up on the different side of the bed?” He questioned and Soo Bin just eyed him.

“What do you mean?” She started to gets what he is implying.

“Well, it’s just that…” He pauses and looks at her. “You sound so cheerful and lively.” He confesses.

“Oh that?” She thinks of an excuse. “Maybe it’s just that, I had waked up on the different side of the bed like you said.” Then Kris just smirks by her silliness. Then the two of them continue to eat.

“We will be going out after breakfast, so you need to prepare. I’ll just ask Hyemin to bring you some clothes on your room.” He informs her.

“Where are we going?” She inquires.

“Just somewhere.”

“What about your work?”

“I’ll skip.”

“Why?

“I have to take care of something.” She pauses and thinks. ‘Take care? Of me or what?’ It’s just that she was so grateful about him that she doesn’t want to burden him anymore if ever, but she doesn’t get what something is he talking about that’s why she can’t refuse if it was something about her.

 

She had gone to the living room all prepared, wearing a dress that Hyemin had brought to her room. For sure it was still from his noona’s closet.

“The young master was already waiting for you out side.” Hyemin informed her, so she went out to found a car parked in front of the house which was being checked by a man wearing a bonnet. She wonder who was it, because he looks like someone familiar, so she went near him and to her surprise it was just Kris who was wearing a bonnet. She stared on him recognizing his features.

Kris had notice her presence so he smiled at her, but she looks like she was in her deep thoughts.

“Something wrong?” He asks and walks to open the passenger’s door for her to come in. He walks to the driver’s side and settled there, fixing the front mirror.

“I-it’s just that.” She pauses still staring at his face. “y-You looks familiar.” She confesses and Kris looks at her with wondering eyes.

‘Did she remember me?’ He thought. “How?” He asks avoiding her graze. He buckles her. But she just continues to look intently at him.

“Let’s go.” He beamed.

“Oh, maybe it’s just that, you look differently on your casual clothes.” She excuses as her thoughts where brushes off. “Where are we really going?” She asks changing the topic.

“Shopping.” He replied and glances at her then to the road. He notices the blinks in her eyes.

“S-shopping? But…” She sure was excited when she heard that word. Of course, every girl was excited about that thing, but she felt shy as she doesn’t want to take advantage of his generosity.

“Don’t worry, it’s my idea. So don’t burden yourself huh?” He assures her.

“Chincha?” Then Kris just nodded. “Gomawo.” She thanked him.

“We haven’t bought something, and then you’re thanking me already?”

“Hmmm, it’s for taking care of me well and treating me nice though I don’t know why you are doing this.” She played with her fingers and Kris just responds to her with a smile.

 “I know you love clothes.” Then Soo Bin looks at him with wondering eyes.

“Well, I do. But there’s a lot more important thing than to spend my money with clothes, that’s why I don’t do shopping. How did you know?”

“Hmmm, let me just say that all girls love shopping.” He excuses, when obviously he know that she really loves it since he was always notified before that she always do window shopping but had never bought a single thing.

“I’ll agree with that.” Then she frowns.

“Wae? Aren’t you excited?” He asks as he wonders what that was frowning all about.

“I just remember my twin. She really loves shopping.”

‘Oh her twin again.’ She always thinks of her twin wherein her twin doesn’t mind at her suffering, that’s what he thought but he had to pretend. “You have a twin?” Like he doesn’t know about it.

“I-I do.”

“Where is she?” He questioned as he thought that he almost forgot about her twin.

“Sh-she’s working abroad.” She lied, well that was what she thought at first but she already knows where she is really.

“Oh I see. We’re here.” He parked his car.

Soo Bin was standing in front of the building in front of her. People around seems so busy with their own stuffs, but obviously those people are from the elite ones who are noticeably wearing designer’s clothe and had a lot of shopping bags on their hands.

Kris walked besides her after leaving his car key to the butler, joining her as she observes the people.

“Deep thoughts again?” He asks and Soo Bin had switched her attention to him.

“Nothing, just admiration.” She smiles weakly. It’s just that, she’s starting to feel guilty because Kris was really being nice to her. She never thought she will be put up in this situation. It’s like hitting two birds with one stone, doing her task to save her twin and also living a luxurious life she never thought she will experienced.

“Come on, Yixing is waiting for us.” He said and drags her inside by holding her hands which made Soo Bin surprised and holds her breath.

“Yixing?” She asks when they are on the elevator already.

“That was Lay, one of my best friends and owner of this mall.” Soo Bin awed and thought that maybe that was the reason why they are being treated like VIP’s from the time they enter which the staffs bows down and two security guards had cover them up already and a lady, maybe the manager had assisted them from the very start.

‘A best friend, perhaps a smuggler or a gambler also like him.’ She accused him again despite what Kris had tried to do to pleased her, it was nothing when her thoughts had indict him already because that was the introduction the prosecutors have given her.

 

They are supposed to meet and greet Lay before proceeding in shopping but the manager had informed Kris that he had an emergency meeting and so they just continue with their real purpose there with the assistance of Lay’s secretary. The first half of the day was spent on breathtaking shopping with designer’s clothes, shoes, bags and accessories. Soo Bin was a bit hesitated in picking since she can’t take Kris to buy them for her when she had seen the prizes. So what Kris did was just asked the sales lady to bring them all the latest trends and let Soo Bin fits it while he just sits on the couch, played on his phone, waiting for her to finish fitting.

“Kris.” Soo Bin called his attention when he was about to give his card to sales lady to pay for everything.

“Yes?” He notices her frowning and by that, he gets what she was trying to imply. “Let’s just say it was my gift. Arraseo?” He stood up and holds her on her shoulders.

Soo Bin looks at him still frowning. “But it’s still too much.” She pouted; it was Kris first time to see her like that.

“Ok, ok. So let’s just say it’s your debt.” He smiled at her cuteness and pinches her cheeks.

“Yah! How can I pay for it?!” She raises her tone in surprise.

“Oh, I’m starving to death.” Kris brushes his stomach, ignoring her question and just drags her again out of the boutique.

Kris had brought her to a fine dining restaurant just within the building. For sure, he had made a reservation there. A lot of dishes had been served to their table and it’s all mouth watering. Soo Bin had started to dig in like there’s no tomorrow and like not minding the proper manners on how to eat gently on fine dining restaurants. All the time, Kris was eating slowly while watching her eat, and he just keep on admitting that this girl never fails to make him admire her more.

“Aren’t we supposed to go home now?” Soo Bin asks as she saw Kris walking on the other way while his hands are on his pockets.

“One last stop.” He yelled not minding to look back at her. Soo Bin had walked past to catch up with him and just stay on his side with eyes wandering around.

Kris had leaded her to the department store.

“Go pick your stuff like something you need in the room, I don’t know girls stuff so I can’t assist you.” Kris again seated on the couch, leaving Soo Bin standing.

A sales lady had assisted her again and offered her a lot of things but Soo Bin just shook her head every now and then.

“What’s the matter?” Kris stood up and asks the sales lady. The woman just bowed at him and obviously the she was into him because of the way she felt timid and blushes. “You don’t like it here? Or you want me to choose for you?” He bows a little on her level and asks Soo Bin with his gentle voice. “We’ve talked already right?” He clears then shoved her to the sales lady.

Three hours had passed when Soo Bin was already done picking what she needs. The sales lady had offered her a lot, so she just nods on what caught her attention. On the carts were organizers, hangers, comforters, curtains, pillows, flushes, make-ups and everything a girl needs for hygiene. They come back to where Kris was and found him busy chatting with a guy on a suit. The guy bowed to her so she returned it also.

“You done?” He asks and looks at the cart, then a wide grin flashes to him. “Good job.” He commends her. “By the way, this is Lay.” Lay offered a hand for a shake while he flashes his angelic smile and Soo Bin had gently accepted it.

“Lee Soo Bin right?” He confirms and she nodded. “Nice meeting you.”

“Nice meeting you also.” She greeted on her sweet voice.

“Hyung, I’ll get going.” Lay informs Kris.

“Neh, thank you. We’re just going to buy something then we’ll leave.” Then Lay bow to her again and leaves.

“Have you enjoyed the stuffs?” Kris asks her.

“It’s too much right? I’ll just return some of them.” She’s being hesitated. Actually, she was just force to pick those things because she doesn’t want to waste the effort of the sales talk they’ve been doing to her where in fact, she really doesn’t need any of them right now.

“I told you, it will be your debt.” He played with her. He just loved how she easily rides on what he says like these. She sounds like a fool in believing on him whenever.

“How do I pay for it when I don’t even have a job, even if I have a work it will take me years to pay for it, I don’t even have a savings…hmmmm.” Soo Bin thought on how to pay him.

“Hmmmmm.” Kris looks at her, obviously starting to think on ways to pay him. ‘pabo’ He hissed to himself. “Come on.” He drags her again to a gadget shop and asked for the latest units. The sales lady has offered him the latest model of Samsung and Kris checks the features.

“Oh, daebak!” He commented. “I’ll take two.”

“What color sir? We have black and a white here.”

“What color do you like?” Kris refers to Soo Bin.

“Me?” She pointed herself.

“No, maybe the sales lady.” He jokes around and  Soo Bin just rolled her eyes.

“Kris, I can’t afford to pay you anymore if you’re going to add that to my list.” She whispers, feeling embarrass in front of the sales lady. But he just laughs in respond.

“Give me a black and a white.” He ignores her appeal then gave his card again.

After buying a phone, they finally went to the main lobby and wait for Kris’ car to be brought. The assistant had put the paper bags and everything at the compartment and on the back passenger’s seat. Kris assisted her again on the front seat and he settled to the driver’s again.

“Tired?” He asks starting to drive off.

“No, I’m anxious.” She beamed.

“Why?”

“I don’t think I can pay for all of it even if I work 24 hours and 7 times a week.” Then Kris just laughs with her silliness and she just looks at him like are-you-insane?

“You can.” He simply responds

“How?”

“Hmmmm, maybe a good breakfast, lunch and a dinner would be enough.” He smiled at her while she was just in surprise.

“Just like that?” He nodded. “Is that how much your maids earn that they can buy something like these? Wooo, cool.” She commented and stares at the window. While Kris just kept on smiling with her comment.

“And maybe tying my tie, arranging my office things and you being comfortable around me?” He added.

Soo Bin thinks, “Do you think I’m still uncomfortable with you?” She eyed him.

“Well, I don’t know. This morning, you’re too lively but when we went to the mall it feels like you’re distant again. Can I call it mood swings?” He explained.

“Hmmmm, it’s just that I just can’t accept everything you gave me.”

“Shy, you mean?” She nods.

“But being comfortable with me means like accepting everything I gave and offer and even asking me what she wants. I’m really looking forward to it.” She silent

“Can I ask you something?” Soo Bin inquires and Kris nodded. “Why are you doing this to me?”

“Maybe ways of saying thank you?” He gives a hint.

“Thank you for what?” ‘For intruding your life? For being a burden? For being an undercover? Thanks for what?’ She questioned herself as she started to be confused.

While Kris just the radio and hummed on the song playing ignoring her question. ‘I want you to find it out yourself’ He thought.

 

 

Author's Note:

Hi my subbies :) This my first author note on this fanfic.

I just want to ask, how do you find this story so far?

Please don't hesitate to ask if there are confussions, these fanfic will have a lot of flash backs and connections since the title is UNCHAINED MEMOIRS. It was like memories or past happenings that are accidentally linked to one another especially in the present.

My room is open for improvement, so I will appreciate more if you have suggestions and comments will be loved :D

I was actually expecting a big break for this fanfic, so please help me spread and promote this fic :) THANK YOU VERY MUCH

-AUTHOR-NIM