Chapter 11

Unchained Memoirs

Chapter 11

 

 

It was already late in the evening. They had all eaten their dinner, and like a while ago, Soo Bin had presented herself to cook again.

She had already tried to sleep, but she can’t. She was still anxious the fact that she was alone in the huge room, which is one of her greatest fear. And the fact that it was already night, was the worst of it. Soo Bin continued to flips her body on the bed, she had already the tv but it doesn’t subsided her fear. Then she remembers about the prosecutors and her gadget.

“Yoboseyo?” She calls for attention on the other line. “Hello?” She repeated again as there is no respond.

“Neh?” D.O. had responded.

“Thank goodness you answer.” She sighs in relief that there is something that will catch her attention.

“Is there something wrong Soo Bin-ah?” He asks as he wonders what’s wrong with her.

“Hmmm, nothing really. I just wanted to talk with Hee Jun. Can I?” She looks for her twin.

“Wait, let me just check.” D.O., had muted his line. He walks downstairs as he found the group with Hee Jun having some fun at the living room.

“Hee Jun! Your sister wanted to talk to you!” He yelled as he stops his tracks on the stairs. Hee Jun looks at Suho, as she asked him if she can. Suho nodded.

“I don’t want to talk to her.” She tells him.

“But she’s looking for you, what excuse I’m going to use?” He asks as he runs out for something to reason out.

“Just tell her that Suho hyung doesn’t allow me to.” Hee Jun looks on Suho for approval.

“Yeah, yeah! But I had allowed you in the first place.” Suho defended.

“But I don’t want to talk to her.” She crosses her arms and being a stubborn one.

“And she might think that we are not treating you nice here if you used that excused. She will be worried out there.” Kai enters the conversation and everyone look on him as they wooo and teases him. They throw pillow on his way.

“Yeah, what’s wrong about it? Kai had a point, we had already put her on this difficult situation, don’t be a burden to her anymore Hee Jun.” D.O. defended Kai.

“I’m not talking to her. PERIOD.” Hee Jun stood up and walk to his room.

“Attitude.” D.O. murmurs to himself.

“Just tell her that she went out with us hyung.” Sehun gives him an excuse.

“Is that a valid one?” He think twice, as he thought that it was supposed to came out that they had hostage Hee Jun and not to have fun and go out with her.

“Just use your brain please.” Chanyeol ended the conversation and D.O. had just rolled his eyes.

“Sorry Soo Bin-ah, but she went out with the boys.” He uses Sehun’s excuse.

“With them?” She confirms.

“Neh, don’t worry. We’re not treating her like a prisoner here. We’re being nice to her, just don’t think of something that will make us give her a hard time.” D.O. assures her and on the same time he still warns her.

“Oh, kamshanida.” She sighs in relief. “How is she there?”

“She’s fine. She’s getting along with us. So you don’t have to worry about her. Worry about yourself.” He advices her

“Then what should I worry about myself?” She asks.

“Hmmm, I mean your task.” He reasoned out.

“Uh, I thought you care for me.”

“Yeah, we care for you. So don’t get caught. No, I’m just kidding. Seriously, everyone here cares for you. It might sound stupid since we brought you to this difficult situation. But it’s true; we are concern about you, especially our Jongin.” He explains. They might be using her for their personal purposes but they still have a heart.

“Thank you.” She thanked him as he sounds sincere with his words. “So when will I be having my next task?” She questioned as she is excited that this will end soon.

“We can’t still give you that. We need to be sure first, I’m sorry but for sure it might take long. We can’t hurry things like this.” He tells her the truth and Soo Bin doesn’t have the choice about it since she had already enter.

“I do understand.” The sadness was obvious with her voice.

“Just enjoy your stay there. Ok? You shall get in touch with Wu Yi Fan. Be yourself and don’t act in front of him, just don’t forget not to reveal our agendas and not to get caught. Maybe it might lessen your stress.”  He advices her

“Arraseo, thank you again.” By that, their conversation had ended and Soo Bin had muted her line. Then she’s back to the reality, the reality that she was alone in the huge room. The lights in the room were all on, but this was no help because she knows the fact that it was dark outside and it’s already late night. It looks like the room was eating her.

 

 

**knock, knock.

“Neh?” Kris yelled.

“It’s Soo Bin.” She replied.

“Oh, come in.”

Soo Bin had slowly open the door and peek in. She found him seating on the side of his bed, with his laptop on his lap. Then Kris looks on her way.

“Do you need something?” He asks.

“Hmmmm. c-Can I sleep here?” She asks hesitated.

“Is there something wrong with your room?” She shook her head. “Don’t tell me you just wanted to sleep with me?” He teases with a smirk.

“Anniyo, don’t think something like that. I can sleep on the couch.” She offered.

“Yeah, what’s wrong?” He started to pamper her questions as he puts down the screen of his laptop.

“I-It’s just that, I’m scared.” She confesses and Kris’ burst out to laughter when he heard about it.

“Fine, I’ll just go back in my room if you’re just going to laugh at me.” She back off and made her way out, but Kris had run immediately to catch up with her.

“I thought you’re going to sleep in my room?” He blocks her way.

“No, thank you.” She simply responded and Kris laughs at her again and she just looks at him with what’s-wrong-with-that look.

“I’m sorry.” He tries to stop himself from laughing. “But seriously, it was a lame excuse. Can’t you think of another excuse or can’t you just tell me directly that you want to sleep with me?” He continues to .

“Excuse me.” Soo Bin gets irritated so she just decided to back off and sleep on her own though she know that she might not fall into sleep the whole night. Soo Bin walks past him but Kris caught her wrist.

“I thought you’re scared? Come on, let’s sleep. I was just teasing you awhile ago.” He confesses and drags her back to his room.

“Big head.” She murmurs.

Then Kris release his hold on her wrist once they are inside, and walk to his bed to fix it and put out his paper works and laptop to his table. Soo Bin walks to the couch and seated.

“You can sleep here on the bed. I’ll sleep on the couch.” He offered but Soo Bin shook her head. “Come on, just sleep on the bed.” He walks to her and made her stand up so he can fix the couch as he covers it with a comforter and brought his pillow. Then he just notices that Soo Bin was just standing and watching him. “Aren’t you going to sleep?” He raises his brow and notices that she’s still wearing the dress she wears a while ago. “Oh, I almost forgot that you don’t have some sleep wear.” He walks to his closet and gets her something to wear. “Go and change, so you can sleep.” He pushes her to his bath room.

After changing into Kris’ shirt and boxer shorts, she had walks out to found Kris had already positioned himself on the couch which is smaller than him. So he was like lying like a fetus. She stared at him for a moment as she familiarizes herself with his sleeping face. Indeed he still looks like a god for her, the same thing she thought the first time she saw him on the bar. He really looks like a god especially when he’s so serene. She never found him like that whenever she’s awake, maybe because of his annoying attitude whenever. Then something brushes her thoughts, Kris keep on flipping to one position to another, obviously not comfortable. The couch was really small for him since he’s tall. She walks to his side and taps him on his arm.

“Kris.” She whispers. “Kris.” She whisper again then he moves and seated.

“Neh?” He asks in a very manly voice. Soo Bin then seated on his side.

“I just really need a company; it will be really fine if I sleep here. I’m used to it.” She demanded.

“No, I’m fine here.” Kris pretended.

“Obviously not, the couch is small for you.”

“Please?” Kris pleased her. Soo Bin didn’t respond so he took it as a yes and stood up to push her to the bed. He made her lied down and covers her body with a comforter. She just watches him as he takes care of her. “Good night.” He smiled and brushes her hair. On the other side, Soo Bin was feeling guilty since he was really taking care of her and he even sacrifices a good sleep so before he could walk away he hold to his wrist.

“c-Can you sleep beside me?” She asks while stuttering. It wasn’t really all right with her but she really feels guilty so she though that there’s nothing wrong with what she asks.

“No, it might be uncomfortable for you. Sleep now.” He just answered with a smile, thinking that she was concerned for him.

“Please?” She pleaded.

“Arraseo.” Then Kris gets his pillows and lay on the other side of the bed, facing the other corner. “Mind to tell me why you’re scared a while ago?” He started to wonder.

“I just don’t know. I grew up being scared to be alone in a room especially during the evening. I always used to have a company during sleep, so when I was alone I really can’t sleep.” She confesses, Kris really wants to ask a lot but he doesn’t want to think that he’s interrogating her personal life and she might feel uncomfortable. “What about you? Are you really working even in your house?” She asks as she notices a while ago, that he’s working on some files.

“Hmmm, not really. Just these past few days, I haven’t come to office so I’m finishing everything at home.” He responded.

“Why?”

“Because I want to take care of you, so I skip work.” He was not supposed to say it, but he thought that there’s a need about it to make her feel how much he sacrifices for her so she will see his efforts.

“You really don’t have to, but thank you.” She looks on his way.

“Well, I will be just doing it until you’re really comfortable with me and until I’m sure that I had already gained your trust.” He confesses.

“I already trusted you.” She pretended. Kris turned around and was about to look on her and catch themselves staring at each other. Kris smiled and Soo Bin can’t help it but to smile also, she doesn’t know why, she’s really hesitating to trust him, but every time he smiled at her it somehow felt that she’s under his spell.

“Let’s sleep. Tomorrow will be a busy day. Good night, I hope you sleep well.” He bid her good night.

“I will.” She simply responded. That night, Kris was really thankful that she was finally giving into him. Then they both sleep peacefully, facing each other.