Chapter 9

Unchained Memoirs

Kris have to think much about Soo Bin, on how he can handles her and on how he can makes her agree to stay at his house without forcing her. He had no interest from this young lady, no admiration and no desires, he just really want to help her like how he owe his life to her. Maybe Soo Bin can’t remember him? Probably because that incident was fast, that maybe she will think that what she did before was just a common deed like to help others but no, not for Kris. He owes his life to her, and he wanted to pay her back by taking care of her. Kris have that urge to tell her everything, but how can he do that when she has not yet settled down and all she does was to accuse, be hysterical and do some yelling? How can he even tell her that he’d been looking after her for years, that he had been following her actions, that he had know every single details about her and that she got hired at the most prestige bank company just because of him? He doesn’t want Soo Bin to think that he’s underestimating her and he doesn’t want her to misunderstand him in the same time. In conclusion, he just really doesn’t know how to tell her everything. Kris had gone downstairs to have his breakfast.

“Good morning young master.” The head of the maid who was in her late 40's had greeted him, she had been taking care of the Wu’s ever since, that he had grew up on her hands since his parents wasn’t present always. “How is she?” She asks concerning about the girl she saw last night being dragged by him.

“I think she’s fine? Well, I don’t really know Hyemin. She had been drugged last night when I find her, so she’s not into herself and when she woke up this morning, she’s being hysterical.” He smiled at her, scrunching his hair. “Oh, can you ask someone to fix a spare room near mine? She will be staying here from now on. Treat her nice huh? I’ll be leaving everything in your hands.”

Hyemin had replied to him with a wide smile, thinking that it was Kris‟ first time to bring home a girl. She knows that this girl was not just an ordinary one, but a special and a precious one to him. She bows down, signaling that she will be leaving and he had just
respond on an awkward smile, knowing that the people in his house might misunderstand him making a girl stay.

‘Why do I need to have a hard time explaining to them when this is actually my house?’

He brushes her concerns and went back in eating.

It had been hours since Kris had left Soo Bin in his room, and till that time he haven’t go back there yet.

Soo Bin had grown bored of her surrounding; she can’t do anything but just to lie on his huge bed. Being alone during the morning was not her problem, but what if he’s mad? Like he’s never going back today? Her thoughts had scared herself. ‘No, he will come back. It’s his room.’ She calmed herself.

Then she sighs, thinking that she’s now regretting for acting too much because she ended up being locked in a room. Her life was boring from now on, she will be staying for days, weeks, months and who knows how long in this house just thinking on what to do. If she was never been captured by the prosecutors, she might be doing a lot now to earn money. Then crap! Something pops out on her mind. “My work!” She rises from the bed and
seated. “Hello, hello? Anyone there?” Soo Bin speaks timidly on her gadget.
“Yow, D.O. is still here. What’s the problem?” He had responded quickly.
“Hey, what about my work? I can’t be just absent for days, they might look for me.” She
questioned.

“Uh, is that your concern? Don’t worry about that, Suho-hyung had already asks someone to process your resignation.” D.O. informs her

“What resignation?!” She almost yelled in her surprise. “I can’t resign there! That’s my dream job. She tried to defend.

“Then how can you work when you need to stay there?” He makes her think about her situation.

“Yeah, I haven’t thought about that. So being undercover means giving up everything?” She sighs, knowing that she doesn’t have a choice anymore.

“Most probably.” He simply answers.

“Oh, what about my apartment? What about my rental there?” She started to ask about her life outside.

“Well, they have already moved out your things here in the house.”

“What things? You mean everything?”

“Yes.”

“Oh goodness, why didn’t you inform me about everything before sending me here?” She sounds lifeless.

“It’s not our fault that you didn’t even ask.” He gives her back the answer.

“Shoot. Don’t I get any payment from working for you guys? I had given up everything just to be an undercover.” She asks wisely.

“Hmmm, from what I know, yes you do get something from us. I just don’t know how and how much it is. I’ll let you talk to hyung when he came back.”

“That’s a relief.” She sighs again thinking that she’s not just wasting her time and efforts for nothing.

“Oh, what are you doing there now? How was it?” D.O. questioned her status.

“I’m locked in his room, just because I acted about me not wanting to stay on his house.” Soo Bin narrates.

“In his room?! That’s a good start. Oh I do hear your acting huh, your good enough. The point there is that he asks you to stay in his house. Just continue your acts, do questioned him like how you questioned me a while ago like what about my work, my apartment and etc. Anything else?”

“Nothing for now.”

“Ok, don’t worry, there would be always a person on the other line so don’t hesitate to call a help from us. Just be sure, that you won’t get caught huh?” D.O. advices her

“Thanks.” By that, Soo Bin had muted her gadget.

‘Ok, back to the boring life in his room’ Soo Bin threw her body on the large bed, sprawling her arms wide.

It's only 10 in the morning that time, yet she can't think of something to do to kill the remaining time. There she heard the door creek open, so she seated up quickly to found Kris entering the room. She doesn’t know if she must greet him or anything so she just eyed him.

Kris had notice her glares so he raise a brow, “Problem?” He asks, walking to his closet to get his working attires.

“Tsh.” She smirks. ‘ face’ “What about my work?” She asks calmly.

“You’ll leave your work.” He simply answers looks like he’s mad at her.

“I can’t!” She raised her voice. “I can’t, I have to earn for a living.” She explains and looks down.

“You don’t have to, I’ll be providing everything you need including your allowances, budget for everything and a savings.” He told her.

‘Woh?! That rich huh?’ She thought and her eyes grow big as she stared at him again. “I can’t accept that.” She crossed her arms.

“I’m not asking for your opinion. It’s a demand.” He speaks with authority, while his eyes are focus on picking on what coat and tie to used.

‘Bossy!’ She thought. Actually she really doesn’t want the idea of Kris spoon-feeding her everything, because she believes that she must work hard in order to get everything. “Can I just work for you in return? I can’t just accept everything from you and I don’t have anything to do here.” She conditioned.

“Not for now.” He simply responded as he gets his towel and went to the bathroom.

“For now?” Soo Bin questioned as she eyes him walking from there to there then closes the bathroom’s door.

“Not until you prove to me that you will not escape me and you will let me take care of you.”

“And what about my apartment?” She started pampering him questions.

“Leave it.” He simply answers as he turns the shower on, Soo Bin hearing the water
drops.

“What about my things?” Then no respond. All she can hear was the sounds of water from the shower.

Soo Bin sighs. ‘I had a lot of things to consider always.’ She remembers as how she thought her tasks was that easy. But no, she was wrong. She always has to act innocent like she doesn’t know everything that happens around her. Then she also needs to act like she doesn’t want his support far from what her real intentions to Kris.

‘I hope Hee Jun was fine there.’ Soo Bin prayed for her sister’s safety. Even in this hard situation, she still remembers her. She will always be her first priority, if it’s not with her twin maybe she will not be in this complicated circumstances. What she doesn’t know is that the heaven had been on her side for always, and that Kris was an angel sent from above.

The bathroom’s door open, revealing Kris on his white bathrobe with his wet hair. On an instant, there is a flying pillow flying on Kris’ way and there it hits him there, bull’s eye! Kris’ eyes widen and was about to throw the pillow back when he had glance at Soo Bin who was covering her eyes with her hands, he founds her cute instead of him being annoyed with the throwing.

“How can you be so careless?! Can’t you see that you lock a girl in your room, then you will come out wearing something like that?!” Soo Bin started to nag on him.

Then Kris smirks, knowing that Soo Bin is being herself. “It’s not like I have walked .” He walks to his dressing room and closes the door. Kris was smiling the whole time while changing to his corporate attire, he was about to make fun of her a while ago but he remembers that Soo Bin needs to be comfortable with him first. Then he thought of how it will be in his house when Soo Bin was already at ease.

Soo Bin on the other side was annoyed by Kris carelessness a while ago that she buried her face on a pillow then she keep on kicking his feet to the bed while tamping it, for short she looks like she’s having her tantrums. She keep on mocking him, well she doesn’t know why she was really annoyed, maybe because of Kris acting arrogant in front of her or maybe she was embarrassed. To her surprise Kris had exited the dressing room and caught her in that state.

“Is there anything you need before I go?” He holds his laughter. ‘You look like a kid having tantrums in the mall Soo Bin-ah.’

Soo Bin got surprised by his presence that she just stop herself from what she’s doing and wasn’t able to face him. Then she felt the bed sink on the other side, indicating that Kris had seated there.

“I’ll be leaving for work now huh?” He comes closer and tucks her hair that covers her face behind her ears, for him to see her before he leaves. “You can roam around the house, and just ask the maid if you need anything.” He smile at her then stood up and walks away.

For a minute Soo Bin was stunned by his gentleness and his sweet smile. “Is he really that nice?” She asks herself and sits down, then crunches her eyes to wake up in the reality. “No, he’s just acting nice.” She concluded.