Chapter 17

Unchained Memoirs

Chapter 17

 

 

It was almost 3 p.m. when Kris and Soo Bin had went back to the office, so Kris was in hurry since he doesn't want to be late. He didn't even require his secretary to attend because the meeting is confidential that there might be some off-limits topic to be discussed. Soo Bin was left on her table with nothing to do. Suddenly, her phone rung. She looks at the called ID and it was no other than Kai. She got excited that she quickly answered it. 

"Hello oppa!" She greeted cheerfully withouth any awkwardness. 

"Uh, you sounds so happy by me calling you. Did you miss me that much?" He bragged, confident enough to ask. 

"Perhaps?" She admitted shyly. Well it had been long since they had a last take, but obviously they can't deny now their closeness to one another that it feels like they are best of friends in just a short period of time. 

"Aigooo, my Binnie was missing me." Kai said and deep down himself, he was really blushing. He just really can't help but to fall deeper to her though he knows that he was just a brother to her. But the fact that Soo Bin had trusted him with everything, he felt very special. 

"How come you didn't contacted me for a week?" Soo Bin questioned, she surely misses their talks and stupid-nothinf conversations. She had already opened up for him just as she towards Kris. But the difference is that she can't talk freely with Kris because she need to be careful not to broadcast her mission.  

"Well, I became busy lately. Suho-hyung had given me tasks and so I don't have much time to still watch over you." He explained. 

"What about Her Jun? How was she?" It is also another reason why Soo Bin got closed with him, because she can get in track with her twin through Kai. But on the other side, Kai had always felt so guilty whenever she looks for her twin. 

"She's fine. She's really getting along now with the boys." He answered like he always did. 

"Are you free?" 

"Free? As in right now?" She questioned wondering why he asked. 

"Neh." 

"Actually I have nothing to do now and Kris was in a board meeting and it might take long." She answered. 

"So what are you waiting for? Come down here. I'm infront of your building." He chuckled.

"What? You're here?!" She shrieked in surprise. She got excited by the thought of seeing him again after so long, and this time they are actually close to each other unlike their first meeting. But then Soo Bin was still having second thoughts because she's thinking that there is a chance that Kris' meeting will end up early, he might get suspicious and might worry for her.

"B-but, Kris might be back anytime soon." She reasoned out, a little bit disappointed that she won't able to see Kai.

"Come on, it's a board meeting. Sometimes it even last for the rest of the day." He pointed out.

"You sure?" She confirmed.

"You don't trust me?"

"Of course I do." She assured

"So come and get your here, the guard might give me a ticket anytime soon." Soo Bin quickly retouch her make up and went down the building, she spotted Kai's car and he rolled down his window and waved to her. She replied with a smile and crosses the road. When she was almost there Kai get off to opened the door for her and went back to his seat.

The atmosphere was awkward at first though the two of them was really excited a while ago that they just kept on glancing on one another.

"Quit checking on me." Kai hissed as he started to drive.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"On our first date." He glance at her and winked.

"Date your face. I told you, I don't have enough time." And Kai just chuckles.

"I miss your big mouth." He look back at her. "I thought you miss me? Don't I get any hug or even just a kiss here?" He pointed her cheeks.

"Guys these days!" She looked awayas she thought that Kris was like that also. "That thing was not in my dictionary."

"Fine, fine." He finally gave up, he was just actually teasing her. "You look pretty with dresses like that." He commented as it was his first time to seeung her in casual dresses and Soo Bin blushes a little by his compliment.

"This?" She pointed to her dress and looks at it. "I had never worn something like this before. It's not my style. But since he brought me a lot with these style, and I needed to wear something formal in the office, I have no choice." She recalls how she dressed before with jeans and a plain tee or pullovers.

"But it's much better than what you wore when I sent you on the club." He admitted.

"Ah! That night?" She yelled. "That's the worst." Kai gulped and started to sweat as he thought that she might ask things about that night which he's not yet ready to reveal like "oh, we drugged you and you got wild." since he was just starting a good bond with her.

"I can't even remember anything after I enter Kris' VIP room. Hmmm." She thought and Kai just tries to act innocent. "I think that's the worst night in my life, that my head just automatically forgets about it." She forced a laugh at her own statement.

"You think so?" Kai was avoiding her gaze and she just nodded. "Then let's just make a memory that you will not forget today." Kai parked his car.

Soo Bin looked around. "You think by just bringing me in a cafe we could make something memorable?" She was obviously to fool with him, but actually she appreciated it because she's not that hard to please.

"Yah! Did that handsome-feeler boss spoiled you that much?" Kai mocked Kris.

"What do you think?" She arched a brow then walks inside the cafe, leaving him dumbfounded and Kai catch up on her as she found him on one of the couches.

"We can just look for a nicer cafe though." Kai offers.

"Why do we have to? We're here already." Soo Bin smiled and motion him to sit.

"I just thought you don't like the place since it's not that classy like where Kris brought you." It seems like Kai is loosing confidence when it came to Kris.

"Oppa." She called his attention. "It was really fine. It's not like what you think, and infact Kris haven't still brought me to a cafe." She explained and Kai seems to brighten up.

"You sure?" Kai asked and she nodded.

"All right. I'll order now. What do you want?

"Hmmmmm, anything I guess? What can you recommend oppa?" She leaves it to him since she's not familiar with the beverages.

The whole time was full of laughter. Kai has a lot of humour that keeps the conversation lively. It's either Kai is making fun of somehig or he is teasing her. Truth to be told, she never had a time like that to have a conversation with someone before except for her best friend who just always stop by one where she work to have a small talks with her, she then suddenly remember her best friend which she doesn't have communication with for years.  She actually have friends from her school before and there are also from her work but it's like they just talk to one another because of projects and duties and it is just casual like they just label themselves as "friends".

The time they had wasn't realky enough when Soo Bin notices that the sun is about to set. She checked her watch and it was near 6.

"Oh ny goodness! Time really flies! Kris might be at his office already." She panics.

"There you go again, there's nothing else on your mouth except his name." He pin points.

"Oppa, I don't have time to argue anymore." Soo Bin checked her purse to look for her phone but didn't find it. She then remembers keeping it on her table drawer awhile ago when she retouches her make up. "I'm so dead right now."

"All right, all right. I'll send you back to the office now. I'm sorry." He apologizes.

"No oppa, it was my fault also, I didn't kept track of the time." 

"I was hoping if you could come this weekend, but I don't think that's possible." Kai still hope

"Come where?" Soo Bin inquires

"At the mansion. It's suho-hyung's birtday and there's gonna be a mini celebration within us only." He informs her and bite his lip anticipating if Soo Bin can still make it to the celebration.

"Oh I really wish I could. But I don't think it's possible. You know.... my situation." Kai just nodded and scrape the back of his neck.

"I actually know, I'm just hoping." He forced a smile

"I'm sorry. I think I have to go now. Just send my greetings to suho-ssi huh? Take care." Soo Bin went out of the car and before she could totally went away, Kai yelled on her.

"Binnie!" He called. "Don't I still get a hug?" Kai was a bit hesitant but to his surprise Soo Bin comes to his side and gave him a hug. She doesn't know why but she really want someone to comfort her. But when she hugs him, it felt different from the hug she shared with Kris. She just can't explain on how and why.

Soo Bin nervously comes back to hee office and to her surprise, the lights on Kris' office was already on. Meaning, he was there already. She went to his office to greet him and she was welcomed by Kris back. He was facing the window.

"Good evening Mr. Wu. How was the meeting?" she greeted formally trying to hide her nervousness.

"Where were you?" He asks with his dark voice ignoring her question.

"I-I have a tea outside since I don't have anything to do here." She excuses hoping Kris would buy it.

"Who are you with?" He questioned while his still not facing her.

"Hmmm. With an old friend I meet along the way." She tries hard not to stutter but she was really nervous inside.

"You sure?" Kris turns his chair and faced her, he looks so serious. She nodded in respond. "The next time you take a break or went out, be sure you have your phone so that I don't have to worry that much." He advices but Soo Bin still notices his unreadable expression.

"Kris." She called him by his name. "Is there something wrong?" She worriedly asks.

He forced a smile. "Nothing, I'm just stressed." And he actually is since he'd been preparing and dealing with new investors and clients.

"You want to go out?" She offers him thinking it might help him unwind and relieve his stress.

"You're asking me out?" Kris arched a brow. "Perhaps a date?" He grinned.

"Yah! I didn't say that it's a date!" she protested.

"Ok." He sarcastically agreed.

"Oh and it's my treat." Soo Bin beamed.

"Mwo?" Kris wonders

"I already got my first salary, so my treat." She demanded and felt gloomy about her treating him.

"As you wish."

"But I have a tight budget huh? I still can't afford on fine dining restaurants." She conditioned and Kris laugh this time.

"You're proposing a treat and yet you're going to give me a limit? Wrong mive ms. Lee. You know that I don't eat at the fancy restaurants right?"

"Fine, then let's go home instead." She said, obviously disappointed.

"What about if we just grilled BBQ this weekend instead? What do you think?" Kris offer as he notices the disappointment on her face. "I actually want to invite the boys to come over so you can bond with them but I don't think it's possible since we don't have much time and we still have work tomorrow." He explained

"Isn't that much expensive than the fancy restaurant?" She questioned and tries to think about her budget. She actually had enough money and even more since she had a high salary plus Kris is giveng her allowance, but she's not the type of girl who will spend much.

"Hmmm. I'll buy everything we need. You can just cover for the expense of the beer." He said

"Beer?" She questioned as she never had drink one.

"Why?"

"I don't drink."

"Then don't." He simply responded as he stood up to fix his things.

"A-and..." Soo Bin has still had something to say and Kris raise his brow.

"And?" 

"I'm actually asking you out tonight so that you can relieve your stress. But since you said that we will just do it on the weekend, hmmm..."

"Soo Bin, I'm alright. Do I look that stressed?" He cuts her off. "And I don't actually have to go out to unwind. You being around me, I feel refreshen already." He admitted as he always find her lightening up his mood whenever he's stressed. He actually like her company since it's never a dull moment and she never fails to amused him.

By what Kris said, Soo Bin was actually nailed on the floor as she takes his words as a compliment.

On the other side, Kai had just arrive to the mansion. And when he steps in, he noticed that every one is busy.

"What do we have for tonight?" He quetioned as soon as he entered the dining area.

"Nothing much. We just cook for dinner because this guys wanted to pig out." Hee Jun responded and walks back to the kitchen to get the other dishes.

"Nothing much huh, but everyone's busy here?" Kai noted.

Suho come in the dining area and sits followed by the rest.

"Every one is, except from you." Chanyeol remarked

"Where have you been?" Suho asked him

"Hmmmm. I visited Soo Bin." He admitted

"You visited her?!" Everyone choruses

"Yah! What do you think are you doing?!" Suho yelled on him

"Are you out of your mind?! What if she get caught?" Baekhyun yelled also.

"Do you think I'm that low-thinker? Ofcourse, I know what I'm doing and I'm making sure nobody sees us." Kai explained

"See, he's no harm." D.O. defended him

"Can you stop defending him? That's the reason why he's always full of himself." Chanyeol warned D.O.

"Why did you visit her hyung?" Sehun gets in the conversation

"Hmmmm. Nothing really." He excuses.

"Yah. Lately you've been close to my twin huh." Hee Jun said what she notices as soon as she came back with another dish on her hands.

"Oh, let's eat. I'm starving already." He changes the topic..

"Don't change the topic. I also notice it. What are you up to Kim Jongin?" Suho also wondered.

"Hyung." He pleaded but Suho just raise his brow telling him that he needs an answer.

"Fine. It's just that I pity her. She's having a hard time with her situation, that was all because of us..."

"You pitty her oppa?" Hee Jun cutted. "You shouldn't!" She exclaimed.

"Look, whatever your problem is with Soo Bin, it's yours not mine. My point here, atleast let's give her some care and concern. She's working for our good. Well infact, we're using her." Kai explained.

"You have a point there." Suho stated and everyone agree except from Hee Jun.

I got it. Just make sure she will not get caught because of you." Chanyeol advices him.

"And for your information, you have a point there but that was still a lame excuse. I know there's still something you are not telling us." Baekhyun gives him a teasing look.

"Enough for the talk. I'm already starving." Sehun cutted the conversation.

 

I'm really sorry that it took me years before I updated again.

I have a lot of stuffs to do since I'm an admin of a page, YOU KNOW things and stuffs you do for the fandom (specially INFINITE came here last november) so yeah, I'm kinda busy.

Well, I'll be starting to update every now and then. will try to fill those dates :D