Akward silence

Insecure

Soyun stood in front of the large mirror in the towns dance studio. It was in the middle of Seoul. Many dancers trained there and made teams. Suddenly Soyun could hear someone knocking on the door to her room where she was.

"Come in!", Soyun shouted and sat down with her water bottle in her hand. Surprised it was her dance trainer Woonha she quickly came in a bowing position, greeting him solemnly. Woonha greeted back and smiled sincerely.

"Well Soyun, you are my best dancer and one of the judges called me today.", Woonha said.

"Oh really? What did he say?" Soyun asked with curiosity, she felt so happy, being opppa's best dancer.

Woonha really was like a brother for her. Sometimes she called him oppa which always made him laugh and pet her head. "He told me that the finals wont be solo batlles anymore. It'll be teams of dancers dancing against each other.", Woonha looked Soyun in the eyes, searching for her reaction.

"What...but who will be in my team?" , "It's someone special, the dancer the judges wanted to pair you with is a really good dancer." Soyun started to think, who could it be?

"When do I get to meet the dancer?", Soyun asked while eating a chocolate bar. Woonha made a motion with his hand, showing her to come with him. Woonha lead her out of the dance room, a few meters in the hallway until they came to the dance studios own caffee. "Hello again!", Woonha greeted to a person who sat in one of the red sofas. When Soyun saw the person she crossed her arms and pouted her lips. "Really?! Why him?", Soyun asked and stared at Jimin.

"Why do I have to dance with her?", Jimin exclaimed. It ended with Soyun and Jimin standing besides each other with crossed arms, looking at the dance teacher. "Why? You seem to know each other?", Woonha smiled. Jimin and Soyun gave each other haughty glances before going in to the practise room together.

Woonha the songs they were going to dance to. "I have made the half of your choreo, maybe you two can do the rest?", Woonha said while stretching his legs.

Jimin shrugged his shoulders. "Whatever." , Soyun walked towards Jimin with a stone face.

"Please. Just do it for the finals. We are done after that, let's forget about each other then. But right now we have to focus if we want to win. You said you wanted to win right?", Soyun said right up in Jimin's face, making him back of a little.

"Okay then. Let's do our best.", Jimin answered with his cocky attitude. "Hwaiting!" Woonha cheered on and clapped his hands. For 3 hours they practised Woonha's choreo, after a lot of training it still wasn't perfect, but you could see that Soyun's and Jimin's movements suited perfect together, they were really synchronized.

"Okay that's enough for today! You worked really hard and deserve a rest. And remember that I wont be here tomorrow, I have to train another group, so please take your time to think of your own choreo.", Woonha said while turning of the music. "It's so late already." Jimin said and wiped away the sweat on his forehead with the bottom of his shirt. Soyun could spot Jimin's abs but quickly looked away. Jimin saw Soyun and started giggle. Soyun went to the changing room and took a long nice shower in the cold water, she was really warm after the dance rehearsal. After changing to her normal clothes she turned off the lights in the big studio. She saw a shadow leaning on the wall near the entrance.

"Woah, you take a very long time to just take a shower." Jimin said with a concerned face.

"But why are you waiting for me?", Soyun asked and looked straight on Jimin. "I didn't wait for you.", Jimin answered and looked away, avoided her gaze. Soyun rolled her eyes and shrugged her shoulders. "Well goodbye.", she said and opened the entrance door.

"Wait! Are you going alone? In the dark.", Jimin stopped her. "Yes I do, wae?", Soyun said.  "Nothing.", Jimin looked at Soyun as she walked home in the dark, alone.

Next day in school a lot of girls stopped Soyun before going in to school.

"So you want Jimin huh?", one of the girls said and pushed Soyun.

"Who says I want that brat? I hate him!" Soyun answered and stood up straight.

"Well my unnie here saw you and him together yesterday!", one of the girls concurred and kept staring at Soyun. She just did like she would always do, she walked right thrue the group of girls, ignored their reactions and kept on walking. When she was out of sight she leaned to one of the school walls and laughed. She almost teared up because of her laughter.

"Now I wonder, what's so funny?", Jimin walked up to her. Soyun stopped laughing

"Well I just did something really funny and now you destroyed my moment.". Soyun said while Jimin rolled his eyes, just like Soyun would do.

"Don't you have any friends? I always see you alone.", Jimin asked.

"I have a lot of friends, you just happen to meet me when I'd like to be alone."

What Soyun said was true. She was pretty popular in school actually, many boys chased after her and the girls thought she was cool, except that particular girl group, they had always hated her for no reason. Probably they were jealous.

"I have to go now, I guess I'll see you later on the dance practice.", Jimin said and walked to his classroom.

"Yes...yes I guess so.", Soyun said even though Jimin was already gone. Soyun went to her classroom as well, this time without being stopped by the "cool" girl group.

 

I hope you like this fanfic and want to read more, chapter 3 is to come soon! Please look forward to it:)