Finding A New Friend

Perfect Two

The shooting was immediately scheduled three days after Yeojin took the offer. She arrived at the set 30 minutes earlier than expected, but was rather surprised to know that Sam arrived there earlier. She thought he was really a professional.

 

“Good morning!” Sam greeted happily and she smiled and greeted back. “It's good that you're early.” He said and turned to some staff and asked, “Can you hand her another script?” He said and the staff immediately complied and gave her a copy.

 

“Wait, I thought I don't need to say something? Why do I have a script?” She started being in panic as she cluelessly took the folder from him.

 

“Relax, Jean, this is just the sequence. It's like a storyline the writer made so we would know how to act. Just read so you'll have the background. Later on, the director will instruct us on what to do so you don't really need to worry.”

 

“Are you sure?” Yeojin looked at him hesitantly.

 

“Yes. I am sure.” He smiled in assurance. “You just need to follow what the director says, and do it as precise as possible. If he gets what he wants, then there's no problem anymore and we'll move on to the next scene.”

 

She nodded, thankful that Sam was really there to help her out. “Ah.. I'm nervous.”

 

“Me, too.” Sam answered and chuckled after Yeojin threw a suspicious look on him. “Seriously. I still get nervous though I have done this a lot of times.. maybe because it's always different than the others. I don't know.” He shrugged his shoulders and continued chuckling.

 

Few minutes later, the director arrived with two others behind him. “There, there you go, my leads.” He smiled and greeted the two of them. “Cindy and Mae will style you up. They will also help you out with your wardrobes. We'll call you out an hour later, okay?” He smiled and patted Yeojin's shoulder. “Just enjoy the experience, Pretty Miss.” He nodded again and left to take care of other stuff that they will need.

 

“He's a cool director.” Sam uttered as soon as the director left. “He always likes to be on hand of everything. No pressure. He's not the time to scold immediately.” Yeojin looked at her and he wiggled his eyebrows cutely. “Like what he said, you'll just need to enjoy the experience.”


Soon, the makeup session started and as they were being groomed, the two just talked to each other comfortably, as if they just found a new friend.

 

The MV story will be about about a couple who started off as bestfriends. The first scenes will see them hanging out together as buddies, but at time goes by, the girl will start feeling awkward around the guy after realizing that she was slowly starting to form a different kind of fondness towards her bestfriend. In the middle of the video, the girl will just suddenly distance herself without the guy knowing why she was doing that. He started being confused, and chased after the girl to know what was happening.

 

“Jean, look at page 5.” Sam said as he was browsing on the script. “There's actually a skit, and you really had to say something. But it's in English.”

 

“Oh...” She said as she read that particular page.

 

There would be a confrontation between the two of them. It will happen in front of a colorful fountain during the night inside St. Anthony Academy.

 

*** *** ***

 

Minho was fixing his things as he was getting ready to leave the academy. He took his huge bag and checked if he has the car key. However, as he went out of the locker room, a certain student took her attention. He was in a field in his school uniform, running around with a soccer ball as if he was trying to practice. He frowned. The boy wasn't a part of his team. “Young man!” He shouted to call the boy. The student looked at him and was startled. He was about to ran when Minho shouted again. “Stop! I'm not going to scold you!” He said loudly which caused the boy to stop.

 

He went to him and he was just looking at the ground. Both ashamed and embarrassed. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I'm sorry, coach. I... I just wanted to play for a while.” He said and returned the ball to Minho. “Here. I'm sorry again.”

 

“Why don't you join the team if you want to play?” He knelt down and met with the boy's eyes. “It will be fun.”

 

“I tried, but I failed in the try out.” He admitted sadly. “They held another try out after announcing that Soccer Player Choi Minho will coach the team. I wanted to join because you are my favorite soccer player. I always watch your game and I try to imitate your signature moves.” He said and started to blabber about how much he knew Minho as a soccer player. “But I failed. The coach that time said I still have to work on my skills.”

 

“Did you still practice well enough?”

 

“I did!” He said proudly. “I still practiced though I didn't get in. I follo what you said: to never stop striving to achieve something. You said that someone will fail a lot of times, but the more he tries, the more he would get the chance of achieving.”

 

“Very good.” He said and rubbed the boy's head. “Okay, then I shall see you tomorrow. I will open up a try out day just for you.” He said and laughed after seeing the huge change of expression on the boy's face. “Yes, but you should not disappoint me, okay? I want you to join the team.”

 

“Yes! Yes! Yes! I won't coach! I will join the team, I promise!” He said while jumping in joy.

 

He was laughing until they got distracted by a series of van coming inside the quadrangle right opposite the soccer field. “Oh. What's that?”

 

“I heard from some students that there will be a music video tonight here in school. They will be at the garden.” The boy said as he looked at the vans arriving.

 

“Should we go home?” He patted the boy's back and they started walking together towards the exit, the same way as where the vans entered just a while ago. They were walking towards the group of people who are starting to get out of the van one by one.

 

“Oh?” Minho paused when he saw a familiar face in the group.

 

“Coach. Isn't she your girlfriend? I saw her when I watched the game with -”

 

“Shhh...” He stopped the child.

 

Meanwhile, Yeojin couldn't control her laughs with Sam's random stories about his experience in acting. “It doesn't show that you will actually do such thing.” She commented and kept on laughing.

 

“Artists! Please this way!” The director ordered and they followed.

 

“Woah.” Yeojin looked at the colorful fountain which looked magical because of the lights. “I didn't know they have this in here.” She commented.

 

“You've been here?” Sam asked.

 

“My friend coaches soccer here, and he brought me before to watch a game. It was great since they won.”

 

“Uhmm... Can you do me a favor?” Sam then looked at her and they started being serious. He started telling a story to which she listened carefully. She nodded and sympathize with him all the while, until he said, “So... is it okay if you go on an event with me?”

 

“An event?”

 

“It's a product launching.” He told her and hesitantly smiled. “If you could help me out by going with me there then I'll be thankful.”

 

“Sure.” She said. “Since you help me out a lot today, I'll help you with what you need as well.” She smiled in a friendly way while nodding. “I'll be there. Don't worry.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

As Yeojin chuckled with Sam, not so far away was a pair of two eyes sharply looking at the both of them. Judging. Observing.


A/N: Of course, we cannot disregard the Someone-Is-Jealous part of this fluffy story. hekks.