Alone in the Spacious Unit

Perfect Two

“You are going to stay here for the next four months. I hope this place is enough for you.” Chris told Minho as he swiped the card to unlock the door of the unit.

 

Minho entered the room first and immediately inspected the whole unit. “This is more than enough. Isn't this a bit spacious for me?” He looked at him with an amazed expression.

 

“This is what the management rented for you.” He smiled, “Maybe your girlfriend could come visit you sometime and you could use this pad together.”

 

“Oh, no. I don't have one.” He said and chuckled softly. Chris looked at him suspiciously and he smirked when he read what was running through Chris' mind. It was the same thing his father was worrying about, that he plays around while no one was there to look after him. “But I can take visitors here, right?”

 

“Of course. This is yours.” He said and nodded satisfyingly. “We hired someone that would take care of all the things you need here. She'll cook, clean, and wash clothes for you. You don't need to worry everything. If you want food deliveries, the directory is right beside the telephone. Your address is Rm 341, 3rd floor, Excelsoir Eastwood, Quezon City.”

 

“Excel- what?” Minho showed a weird expression as he didn't immediately got what he said. Chris smiled and just gave him a note where his complete address was written. “I got it. Thank you very much.”

 

“Your welcome, and this is my calling card. You are expected to report at the academy tomorrow, at around 9 am. The same van will pick you up to school.”

 

“I got it. Thank you very much again.”

 

“I'm going.” He bowed one last time and went ahead leaving Minho alone in his unit. He then just left her luggage and dropped himself on the couch. He sighed and closed his eyes for a while, breathing deeply for he found that day to be quite exhausting.

 

Just then he remembered calling his mother back from South Korea. He took out his phone and inserted his roaming number to call on a long distance.

 

“Omma....” He uttered when he knew his mom answered the phone. “It's 7 pm here and I am so tired.”

 

“Have you arrived home? How was it?”

 

“The unit alone is so big it could actually fit a whole family. I didn't know why they gave me such huge place to occupy when I'm just alone. Don't you think this place would make me sad?” He opened his eyes and looked around the huge pad again. It was empty. He was never used on living alone in such spacious place. His unit way back in Korea is designed for a single occupant. This huge place with him alone is so lonely.

 

“How about asking for a smaller flat?” His mother suggested but he didn't find it fair.

 

“They thought this would be the best for me... and I don't think it's courteous to request for something else when they obviously just wanted me to be comfortable.” He reasoned out, which his mom understood.

 

“Have you met someone? How were the people? Were they nice?”

 

“I met someone who picked me up from the airport. He's nice and helped me a lot. People were nice as well... they always smile as I can see... and omma...”

 

“Deh?”

 

“On the travel magazine I saw -” He paused for a while when he realized the possible reaction his mom might make. He suddenly imagined her squealing and insisting to go and see her.

 

“Saw??”

 

“Nothing.” He said and decided on not telling her anything. “I just thought maybe I should tell you I found some beautiful places near this place that I could visit when I have some time.”

 

“Oh, That's cool. Have you called Yeojin on line? Since you'r in the Philippines then you should at least see each other once in a while. Knowing she's been there for 2 months, I think she could help you adjust well in the new environment.”

 

“Omma...” Minho uttered in an let's-just-drop-this-topic tone.

 

“Why? I just want you to meet a friend there so you won't be too uncomfortable in the place!” His mom reasoned out and he just agreed to end that topic regarding Yeojin.

 

“Okay, mom. This call is taking too long, I might pay so much for my bill. Call you some other time okay. Please have some rest.” He said and after his mom replied, he ended the call and tossed it beside the couch.

 

He self noted that he will never tell his mother if ever he got to meet with Yeojin somewhere. Remembering her, he immediately stood up again and grabbed his bag. He took out his tab PC and opened it to go to skype.

 

He viewed his friends and looked at Yeojin but she wasn't on line. Sighing, he left a message for her saying she should buzz her if she ever comes on line within the night.

 

He placed the tab on the table and stood up to go to the fridge. He wanted something instant at the moment. Maybe there's a ready to eat food which he could eat after reheating.

 

As he opened the fridge, he was surprised by how much foods and beverages were there. The fridge was full, and it felt like he would never get to eat all of those foods in four months.

 

Minho found few clubhouse sandwiches which were wrapped in a microwaveable plastic. He took those out and check if they were new. Upon learning they're freshness, he took one sandwich and put the rest back to the fridge.

 

As he pressed the microwave into one minute, someone buzzed on skype. He took his tab while waiting for his sandwich and saw the buzz coming from Yeojin. While walking back to the kitchen with his tab, he pressed video call and Yeojin answered in an instant.

 

“Yah, Choi Minho, is there something wrong?” She said right after she answered the call.

 

“Nothing. There's nothing wrong. I just wanted to talk to you...” He chuckled and took out the sandwich from the microwave. He then opened the fridge again to take a bottle of juice for him to drink.

 

“Yaaaahhh~ I know why you called.” She said and laughed softly. “You are boasting about your new unit. How big is it? Can I see?”

 

Eventually, Minho showed her the inside of his pad through the camera, and he saw how she admired the spacious place. “Is it cool?”

 

“Wow. Are you getting married? Why did you buy such huge place?” She teased but he only shook his head.

 

“This is just given to me.” He said and smiled as he took a bit of his sandwich. “Wait, there's also another thing I need to show you.”

 

“What?”

 

Minho stood up with his tab and went to his luggage. He took out the magazine and flipped the pages and read a passage a loud. “One of the best thing someone should witness when they visit Manila is the beautiful sunrise at the bay. Usually from 5:50 – 6 am, one could witness how the sun rises beautifully in 10 minutes. As someone who doesn't see this kind of scenery often, I was moved.”

 

“Eh? Where did you read that?” Yeojin uttered confusingly until Minho showed up the magazine with her face on a particular page.

 

“Tadddaaa!!!!!”

 

“Yah, Choi Minho, where did you buy that?! Oh my, I didn't know they exported it in Korea!”

 

“Who said I'm in Korea?” Minho smirked and looked at her teasingly from the camera. “Aigoo~ I didn't know you have some skills into writing your travel experiences... So cute...”

 

“Yah! Don't tell me you're in...”

 

“Somewhere in Eastwood, Quezon City.” He revealed which made Yeojin looked at her with wide eyes. She was so surprised and Minho laughed upon seeing that expression. “You should see me, and give me some tips about travelling around Manila.” In the end, he still .


A/N: Spacious Place for our Minho-ssi. I have no classes Monday - Tuesday so I have quite lot of time updating. XD Leave some comments!