First Times are Special

Perfect Two

A/N: Sorry for not updating as often as usual. HUHUHUHU. School = Busy Work.


 “Blue.”

 

“Pink.”

 

“Blue is much better. Look at the color. It's so alive. Pink is pale.” Minho defended his color as both of them argued upon choosing the crib for the baby.

 

“But she's a girl. When she grows up, don't you think she'll wonder why she had blue crib when blue is for boys? Let's choose pink.” She uttered and looked at the saleslady. “Miss, we'll choose pink please.”

 

“Are you sure about that, ma'am?” The lady asked while giving an uncertain look towards Minho. Yeojin nodded as if it was nothing and the lady followed. “I'll get the pink one for you, then.” She said and left them for a while.

 

“Aish...” Minho shook his head silently and hated the fact that he was lost to her. He was the competitive type of guy and losing to a girl was something he will never accept. However, looking at the situation, he had no choice but to lose, for he'll end himself in embarrassment if he tried to continue arguing with her. Yeojin looked at him and chuckled softly.

 

“How about we pick baby clothes for her at that section?” She suggested and Minho looked there for a while and eventually nodded.

 

There were a lot of designs to choose from. There were cute overall pajamas and baby dresses hanging around the baby girl's section.

 

Yeojin noticed how Minho smiled while shaking his head as he looked around the section. “What are you thinking?” She asked curiously.

 

“I was never the one to buy these things to be honest.” He said and looked at Yeojin who then was wearing a surprise expression. “Seriously. I accompanied Soeun before to buy clothes and things for Yoogeun but I was just at one corner holding her son while she chose. I don't know why I never bothered helping her.”

 

“Choosing clothes for babies doesn't lessen one's masculinity.” She said when she thought she read what's on his mind. “Guys who lurks around the kid's section to buy his child some clothes look adorable and charming to me. Maybe because I've always been into fashion so things like this always fascinate me.”

 

“So do I look charming to you now?” Minho cocked his head a little to the side and looked at her with a smirk. Yeojin chuckled and nodded. “Fine. Then can we buy this one?” He said holding up a pink overall pajama with an animal design.

 

“That is so cute!” Yeojin immediately expressed as soon as she saw it. She went towards him to get a better view. “This is really cute, let's get this one!” Minho nodded and chuckled softly, amused by Yeojin's instant reaction. He gave the clothes to the sales lady. “Wow. It's a pity there's nothing that would fit me.”

 

“What?” Minho looked at her in a WTF expression. “You are too old to wear such thing!”

 

“Sir, ma'am...” The saleslady called out. “There are cute outfits for the parents on that section so if you want to wear the same outfit as your child, you can go and choose your own overall animal pajama outfit. There are lots of animal designs there.” That information made Yeojin sparkled in delight.

 

“Oh, seriously? Oh My, I want to get one... come on, Minho! Let's see!” She said and without him saying something, she immediately ran to the said section.

 

Minho scratched his head and looked at saleslady. “Thank you for the information but you shouldn't have said that. For sure she'll go around the house wearing that animal suit.” He still laughed to himself and followed Yeojin. He was amazed how she had that energy to strength to go from one place to another when she's even holding the baby in her arms. Girls really are strong when it comes to shopping, he thought.

 

He came there and saw Yeojin holding out a chicken designed overall. “Will this look good on me?” She asked Minho and he knew she was very excited at the thought of wearing it. “I thought we should wear different animals so it would be funny.”

 

“We?” Minho thought he misheard her, but not actually.

 

“Yes.” She said and excitedly gave her a green overall. “That's what I saw as soon as I went here, and thought that frog would really suit you.”

 

“No way. I'm not wearing this.” He shook his head eagerly and he was definitely sure he won't give in with her. “No way.”

 

“Come on. No one would see you anyway.. just me and the baby.” She said but Minho shook his head again.

 

“I'm sorry but no.” He insisted.

 

“But I'll still buy this.” She said and gave the chicken and frog designed ones to the lady. “We'll get these as well.”

 

“Hey. I'm paying for these things. Don't I have the right to choose what to buy and what not to buy?” He was about to raise an eyebrow, until Yeojin flashed and endearing smile and showed him her credit card.

 

“You pay for the baby's clothes, I'll pay for those overalls, now we're settled.” Minho opened his mouth to talk but she added, “Ooppss.. don't argue. I used my own money.” She chuckled and left him there speechless and unable to fight back again.

 

*** *** ***

 

Yeojin laid down the baby on the crib as soon as they got home and Minho assembled the crib first. They stared at her for a while before sitting down lazily on the couch together. “AAAAHHH...” They sighed at the same time.

 

“It's tiring.” Minho said as he looked up the ceiling.

 

“But fun.” Yeojin added. “And exciting.” Minho looked at his side to see her. She looked back at him and smiled. “Thank you for going with me. I appreciate that you did it for the first time. It must be special.”

 

“Special?”

 

“Every first time is special. Today is special for me because it was my first time buying clothes for a baby, and since you told me it was your first time then.. it must be special to you as well.”

 

“I guess so.” Minho slowly nodded in agreement. “I think we are forgetting something.” He said after a while.

 

“What?”

 

“A name. We haven't given her a name..”

 

“I have thought of something.” She said and looked at him again, smiling. “Angel.”

 

“Angel?”

 

“Yes. She's an angel. She's a cute little being sent from above, therefore she's an angel.”

 

“That's a wonderful name.” He said and smiled as well. Both of them looked back at the ceiling before he talked again. “Let's call her Angel then. Few months from now, let's arrange her papers and adopt her legally. I don't know how to do that. I don't know if it's okay for unamarried people to adopt the same child. I'm not sure but let's try. What do you think?” As he looked back at her, he saw her already closing her eyes. She must be so tired from going around while carrying Angel in her arms. “Yeojin-ah... go to your room now.” He said but Yeojin didn't even move an inch or open her eyes.

 

Sighing, he stood up and took Yeojin in his arms bridal style. “You are not even conscious about having a guy living with you in a house. You should take care and not sleep around like this, Yeojin-ah.” He said though he knew Yeojin couldn't even hear it.

 

He gently placed Yeojin on the bed, covering her with blanket making sure she was in a comfortable position. She had her headband on and he removed it for her. He was about to stand up and leave when he froze as he looked directly into her sleeping face.

 

For sure something was going on into his mind as he shook his head after few minutes of staring at her, and then he stood up and sighed, “Don't ever let yourself, Choi Minho. You'll get yourself into trouble.”

 

He went slowly at the door and carefully closed the door to head out to his own room.

 


Do comment!