The Better Way

Perfect Two

A/N: HI GUYYSSSS.. OMG I MISS WRITING. OMG. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HELL OF WEEKS I HAD. BUT IT'S OVER FOR NOW. OMG. I MISS WRITING. HERE'S ONE NEW CHAPTER FOR ALL OF YOU. OMG. I REALLY MISSED YOU ALL ~~


 “Tomorrow's gonna be your first day in the academy, right?” Yeojin asked Minho that afternoon as both of them sat in the living area spending some time with Angel. They were watching a program, but Yeojin honestly found it boring that she had to open up a conversation to Minho to feel a bit better.

 

“Yes. I'll leave around 8 am.” He answered and looked at her. “How about you? When are you going to go back to your agency? Aren't they giving you something to do?” He asked to which Yeojin only shrugged.

 

“They always call me once in a while and I think they're planning on another project for me to do. But right now, I'm not really sure yet.” She admitted and was about to add something when Minho's phone rang.

 

“Wait.” He said and took it out from his pocket only to find his mother's name on the screen. “It's omma.” He looked at Yeojin in such a surprise expression which made Yeojin confused. “Don't say anything.” Minho said before answering the phone. She nodded though she had no idea why he didn't want her to talk.

 

Minho's omma called just to check on him. She told him everybody back in Korea miss him so much and that they hope he could be a great coach to the kids in the academy. His mom also told him a lot about his new pasta house and that it always has so many customers. She also told him that his friends are helping out a lot in the pasta house so his omma never had a hard time managing it. Finally, his mother didn't forget to ask him find Yeojin and spend some time with her.

 

“Is there anything wrong?” Yeojin asked the moment Minho made a sigh after ending the call. He shook his head and rested it on the couch. “You're sighing. Did something happen back in Korea?”

 

“No.” Minho answered shortly and abruptly lifted his head again and faced her. “Did you ever make an effort to call back to your home or maybe try reaching out to Jonghyun hyung or Soeun?”

 

Yeojin thought for a while and was silent for some seconds, “Well... I have called my omma few times but to the others... I never really called them, but I talked to you in Skype, right?”

 

Minho nodded. “Omma has always been pursuant of you and I ending up together, thought I should let you know.” Though he didn't want to tell it to her, Minho ended up doing so, for some unknown reason. “That's why I think it's better for her not to know that you're living here with me. She might just fly away from Korea and force us to marry each other.”

 

“What did she see in me that she wants me to end up with you?” Minho didn't expect that question for he thought that talking about it would make Yeojin awkward. “I mean... I'm sure she knows what happened before, and I don't think a parent would like it to have her son marry a divorced woman.”

 

“Why don't you ask her?” Minho joked but saw that Yeojin was being serious about it. “Oh I'm just kidding. It would cause a trouble if you ask her directly.” He sighed and shook his head. “Maybe there was something really special to you that she saw... though I'm not really sure what was that.”

 

“There wasn't anything special about me.” Yeojin said and nodded as if she was sure about what she was talking about. “Aside from modelling, I am not good at anything at all. I cook but not as delicious as anybody else. I don't look like a beauty queen. And if I'm special and I'm precious enough, then my husband wouldn't have left me.”

 

“Don't say that.” Minho uttered in a low voice. “You don't know what you are talking about. You are not in the position to say something bad about yourself coz you have no idea about how special you are.” He said directly which made Yeojin looked at him intently. He felt awkward, and unguarded. He wasn't sure why he ended up saying something like that.

 

“For real? But you told me you don't know what your mother sees in me which makes her want me to be her daughter in law.” Yeojin cocked her head a bit to the right. “What exactly makes me special? You don't even know, coz there isn't.”

 

“You're saying things like this only because you're still hurt. One day, when you finally get to move on from the past, you'll figure out what your special qualities are.”

 

Yeojin only chuckled and didn't really say anything else.

 

“Okay. From now on, no more reminscing of the past. I don't want to see you being sad about anything. Wait, do you want me to find a guy that would like you again for real?”

 

“You're kidding me.” Yeojin laughed after hearing Minho's suggestion.

 

“I'm dead serious.” Minho uttered. “I went around the academy and there are a lot of handsome professors that you might probably like. I'll get close to them for you and I'll set you up for a blind date. There are lots of them so you can date them all and see who fits you better.”

 

“Yah, Choi Minho... How do you exactly define 'handsome' on a man's perspective? As far as I know, it's hard for a man to know if another man is handsome... and besides, you are always around me so I don't think I could ever call someone else as handsome. I mean... you set the standards.”

 

Minho wasn't sure but he thought he blushed when Yeojin implied that he was handsome. “But I'll still find a guy that would suit you. What's your ideal type?”

 

“A man who is still willing to love and marry a woman who already has a child.” She answered simply and before she could add anything else to that, her phone rang. It's a call from the office.

 

“Oh, as in now? Okay. Okay. I'll be there.” She said and immediately ended the call.

 

“What's up?”

 

“The general manager wants to talk to me. Would you mind if I leave for a while? But I'll be back immediately after the meeting.”

 

“Sure. No problem. Do you want me to take you there?” Before Yeojin could reply, Minho stood up and started walking. “Right. Dress Angel up and we're going with you.” He said while walking into his room to change clothes.

 

She wanted to protest, but knew she won't win so she stood up and followed Minho's order.

 

They arrived at her agency around 4 pm. Yeojin told Minho he can go to the lobby with Angel after parking the car properly. He nodded and told her they'll wait for her there.

 

Yeojin immediately went to the general manager's office to report. She had the feeling that it's for her next project – that she was still thinking if she would accept or not.

 

Upon entering the office, the general manager smiled and asked her to sit down. “So have you heard about your next project?”

 

She shook her head and apologized. “I'm sorry sir but I wasn't really around the company for several days. Something came up.” She said to which the manager frowned.

 

“I hope what came up won't make your work affected.” He said seriously with his smile starting to fade away. “By the way... we are sending you to Palawan tomorrow evening and you need to prepare things that would last for 1 week.”

 

“Where's Palawan?” She immediately asked.

 

“It's almost in the South.” The manager explained. “You need to take an airplane to get there. You will be exposed to a lot of islands there and you're going to visit the infamous underground river. It's really beautiful there and you will get to feature a lot of things.”

 

“For one week?”

 

“Yes.” The general manager frowned. “Why? Is there something wrong?”

 

*** *** ***

 

Minho sat in the lobby with Angel in his arms. People who are walking in and out of the company were paying attention to him. Some girls were even whispering while passing by. He wasn't sure why they were like that, but for sure the answer is in the following: One, maybe they have the same impression of him as Shane, who thought that he was a Greek God. Two, they probably find him unfamiliar around the place. Three, they were wondering if his married and his wife was in the company. Four, They wanted to know his name and get his number.

 

He was busy looking around when he saw Yeojin walking his way. She was flashing a bright smile and it rather seemed that she got some good news. Perhaps, he was worried that she accepted an offer and will work leaving Angel to whoever it might be.

 

“So what's up?” He immediately asked when Yeojin got close enough.

 

“From now on, you will have to take care of me and the baby.” She said to which Minho frowned. “I'm officially jobless. He got mad at me for resigning on the spot so he told me I won't get any backpay.” Minho, for the first time, has seen someone who was ironically happy after losing a job. “Isn't this better? So I could take care of both you well?”