Leave Those Worries to Me

Perfect Two

 Minho opened the door of the house and let Yeojin entered first. They didn't talk anymore while they were on their way back. He allowed Yeojin to have time for herself. To think, and maybe to feel a bit better. He saw how swollen her eyes were from crying before they left. Minho desperately wished he could do something to make her fine, but of course, he knew he couldn't be much of a help to her right now.

 

“I'll just be at my room.” She said weakly which came out as an almost whisper.

 

“Yeojin-ah...” Minho called. She slowly turned to face her, her expression still not better. Minho spread his arms wide as if welcoming her. “You can hug me, if that could make you better.” He uttered and was surprised to see the tears immediately forming her eyes and were about to fall. “Oh.” He mouthed and was worried. Just then, Yeojin let out a loud cry and ran towards him, wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her head on his chest as she released another set of tears. He was surprised she would actually do that, but realized that maybe Yeojin was just feeling too much pain at that moment.

 

“Why... Why... I don't understand.” Yeojin said though he couldn't fully understand. Her face were burried on his chest that her words were unclear. She was shaking so Minho had to hold her tightly, with one of his hands rubbing her back up and down.

 

“Ssshh.. It's okay. Everything's going to be fine. It's alright, Yeojin-ah...” He uttered. It was the best way he could think of consoling her, though he wasn't sure if it really would help her.

 

There was no other conversation. He allowed her to cry as much as she wanted and they stood still in that position. He felt Yeojin's knees getting weak so he even held her tighter, making sure she won't collapsed. She understood why she was being like this. It was hard for him to let Angel go as well, he could imagine how hurt she was when she loved her most.

 

They stayed like that for more than 15 minutes, until Yeojin slowly let go and nodded. “I'll be fine.” She said while still sobbing. Her eyes were almost blinded by her tears. She was starting to have headache from too much pressure.

 

“Are you sure?” Minho asked and looked at her dearly, with one of his hands still on her back, supporting her from falling.

 

“I am.” She said and slowly walked to her room. Minho still followed and even opened the door for her.

 

“Change your clothes.” He said to which she nodded. Yeojin entered the room with a heavy heart, while Minho gently closed it.

 

What welcomed Yeojin as she entered her room was an empty crib and an empty baby chair. She went there and touched the crib, longing yet again because Angel was not there anymore. She didn't know why she had to go into another pain like this. Yeojin thought Jonghyun would be her last heartbreak. Never did she imagine that Angel would break her heart as well.

 

She looked at the door when she heard it opening. Minho entered with a glass of milk. “You haven't changed your clothes.” He said as he noticed her standing there. He placed the milk on her table and sighed, “Do you want me to take this out so you won't feel sad anymore?”

 

She shook her head. “This is the only way I could remember her so I want to keep this for a little while.” She told her and smiled. “She is so small but her little movements are very precious.”

 

“Yeojin-ah...”

 

“The only reason I could sleep in this room was because she's here. I really couldn't sleep alone. I don't know why I'm scared.” She admitted.

 

Minho walked over her closet. “I'll get your clothes okay?” He said and pulled a pair of pajamas for her. “You should change and rest.” He insisted, held her hands, and walked her towards the bathroom. “I'll wait here until you're done.”

 

Minho suddenly felt the need of taking care of her. He wanted to make sure she's fine, and she could fall asleep for the rest of the night. Right now, all he was thinking about was to make her feel better. Few minutes later, Yeojin went out wearing the clothes she gave her. She went to her bed and sat on it. Minho gave her the milk. “Drink this so you could sleep better.” Without any other word, Yeojin followed and made sure she drank all. “Very good. Now lie down and get a good sleep.”

 

Yeojin followed again, but this time, she couldn't help but chuckle a bit. “It's not like I am a child. You don't have to help me every single thing I do.” She said, but that was in such a sweet tone that Minho thought he would melt.

 

“I'm sorry but you really look like a little child to me now.” He said and smiled while fixing the blanket over her. “I just have to make sure you're fine before leaving you alone. You know how much that I don't like seeing you like this.”

 

“I didn't know I am that much of important to you.” Yeojin said out of nowhere which made Minho froze. “Even Jonghyun didn't do as much as this.”

 

“Stop comparing me to him.” He said without looking at her eyes. He stood up properly after making sure she was in a comfortable position. “And besides, you were taking care of me this way as well. You make me coffee every morning, make me breakfast, provide towel while I take a bath, and even choose the clothes I wear. This isn't much compared to what you have done.”

 

“You appreciate them?”

 

“What do you think of me?” Minho let out a disappointed laugh and shook his head. “To be honest, I appreciate every little thing that you do. But right now, you should really sleep. Goodnight.”

 

He was about to go out when she called out, “Minho yah... can you stay a bit longer?”

 

Minho sighed and nodded, “Fine.” He pulled a chair beside the bed and sat on it to watch over her closely. “I'll leave once you've fallen asleep.”

 

Yeojin her side facing him. She curled herself inside the blanket and clasped her hands together beside her head. “Tell me.. do I deserve this?”

 

“Deserve what?”

 

“Being left by the people I love and care for.” She looked at him with longingness in her eyes. “Why do they leave me? Can't they just stay?”

 

“Maybe they aren't the ones meant for you.” Minho answered softly. “Maybe soon you'll find someone that would make you even happier. Someone who won't leave you. Someone who will be there everytime.”

 

“If they aren't meant for me then why did they have to enter my life?” She sighed, tears peacefully leaving her eyes again. “I should have listened to you when you told me we should give Angel to the officers. I shouldn't have kept her, that way I won't be attached and won't be hurt like this.”

 

“You did great.” Minho answered. “You were right to keep her. You did it not for yourself but for her. If you didn't keep her, then her real family won't be able to find her. She'll grow up alone, and I'm sure you will never want that to happen.”

 

“Did I really do great? But why am I not happy?”

 

“Because not everything that is right can make you happy. Just like letting Jonghyun go. It was the right thing, but that didn't make you happy as well. It even gave you pain.”

 

“Then, should I just do the wrong thing instead so I can be happy?”

 

“Happiness won't last that long then.” He smiled and leaned in forward to brush her hair with his fingers, gently caressing her forehead at the same time. “You know what I believe in? That we experience pain in order to appreciate happiness in the future. The more we get to be challenged and the more we feel pain, the more happiness we will have in the future. And I'm talking about the real happiness.. that one that lasts forever.”

 

“Forever? There is no such thing as forever.” She said still smiling weakly.

 

“There is. You just haven't find your way there.” He answered and continue caressing her forehead. Little by little, she started closing her eyes, and few minutes later, she was finally asleep.

 

Minho smiled and fixed her blanket on her. He then stood up and was about to leave her when he thought of something. Slowly, he leaned down on her and planted a small kiss on her forehead. “Sleep tight, my dear one. I'll do everything to banish all your worries away.” and for the second time, he planted another kiss before slowly leaving.

 

“Minho-yah...” He was suddenly alarmed when Yeojin talked, looking back, he saw her eyes opened. She was awake. “I hope you won't apologize with those last two kisses.” She said, and before he could even talk back, Yeojin closed her eyes again.


A/N: Can I cry?