Warmth

I Hate You (Don't Leave Me)


Jimin and Jungkook held onto the railing. They ran their eyes over their destroyed city. Some buildings were on fire and others were diminished into a pile of bricks where they once stood. The sky above was no longer blue, but the same dull grey color as those of the Canus species.
 

Even in the far distance, where their eyes couldn't see, had plumes of dark smoke rising up from more burning buildings. The streets filled with immobile cars and the sidewalks held corpses for miles.

"Jimin!" Jungkook hit Jimin’s arm, who was looking in another direction, and pointed to a certain building’s entrance.
 

Jimin turned and saw one creature coming out of the building, bloodied. Another stood in front of it, and soon the other attacked the bloodied one thinking it was his prey. He sniffed the human blood and tore at the skin of his fellow creature. He soon realized he attacked the wrong species and walked away, searching for more prey.
 

"What the hell happened?" Jungkook asked to no one in particular.
 

"That." Jimin pointed at what he was previously staring at.
 

Jungkook turned his head to the left side of the building. "An alien ship..?" Jungkook questioned as they walked toward it.
 

"I guess..." Jimin said eyeing the ship.
 

Jungkook bent down and put his hand on the ship. "How many do you think it held?"
 

"What does it matter Jungkook? All that matters is keeping ourselves alive. Why do you always hafta ask such retarded questions? It's so ing annoying." Jimin attacked Jungkook with his brutal words.


Jimin walked back to where they previously watched the peril that had been made.

Jungkook stayed bent down, his back to Jimin, his hair falling in his face, covering his watery eyes. Throat hurting, and mouth shut, he resisted the urge to bawl.
 

'Why does he always have to be like this...' Jungkook wanted to so badly release his anger.

He stood up and walked to Jimin’s side.
 

"Jimin," Jungkook started.
 

"What?"
 

"Do you think...." Jungkook paused wondering if he was about to ask another retarded question. "Do you think our parents are still alive?" Jungkook asked, staring into the never ending broken city.
 

Jimin blinked. He turned to Jungkook, who had streams of tears already falling down his cheeks.
 

"Jungkook..." Jimin placed his hand on Jungkook's shoulder.
 

Jungkook snapped out of his thoughts and wiped his tears quickly, not wanting to look like a coward and give Jimin another reason to . "I'm sorry, I just-"
 

"It's okay."
 

Jungkook looked up at Jimin who also had a few tears walking down his face. The sight triggered a glassy look in Jungkook’s eyes again. Jungkook broke the silent moment when he suddenly hugged Jimin. Jimin wasn't expecting the sudden move of affection. He slowly brought his arms around Jungkook. He felt the black haired boy's tears stain his exposed shoulder. The older held on tighter.
 

"It's okay Jungkook, we can make it." Jimin tried to comfort the crying boy as he restrained from crying himself.
 

He wants to stay strong for Jungkook, give him something to look up to. He vowed to himself to never waste time crying when he could be using it to save Jungkook.
 

"This doesn't mean I don't hate you, because I still do." Jungkook said after he let out his frustrations.
 

Jimin laughed, "Is that why you're still hugging me?"
 

Jungkook released his grip. "No." He said folding his arms.
 

Jimin laughed. "C'mon, we need to go find supplies."
 

Jungkook nodded and followed Jimin back into the school.
 

"So, what do we need?" Jungkook questioned out loud.
 

"First off, we need first aid kits and flashlights, oh and batteries for the flashlights." Jimin answered.
 

"Ok, you get the first aid kit and I'll get the flashlights and batteries." Jungkook offered.
 

"I don't think splitting up would be a good thing." Jimin doubted Jungkooks plan of separation.
 

"Jimin, look, our only light is coming from the windows and it's sunset, an hour or two more and it'll be completely dark and we'll be vulnerable. So instead of arguing over this let's just split up and look for anything of use." Jungkook lectured.
 

"Alright, alright. Let's do it, we'll meet here in an hour, but if you get hurt, don't yell for me because I'll just say 'I told you so' and let you get eaten." Jimin rebutted.
 

"Whatever." Jungkook said, walking away.
 

"Little punk." Jimin scowled.
 

Jimin began walking to the nurse's offices. He twisted the handle. It was locked.
 

"Ahh." Jimin kicked the door. He walked around the floor, checking the bodies for a janitor. He eventually found one in the cafeteria. The upper part of the janitor was gruesome, clawed, and bloodied, his lower half, however, was clean. Jimin unhooked the keys from his belt and put them in his pocket. He searched the janitors pockets but found only money, which was, now, no use to anybody.
 

Right next to the janitor laid a security guard. 'Perfect.' Jimin ransacked the security guards items, he took the revolver from the guard’s hand. Jimin propped open the cylinder and saw only 2 bullets of the 5 that were suppose to be in there. He searched the guards straps and found a case holding just enough to fill the gun. Jimin loaded the weapon and fastened it using his pants as a temporary strap to hold it.
 

He noticed the fallen down creature in front him. 'So it takes 3 bullets to take one down huh?' Jimin noticed the missing blood from the creature's wounds. 'They don't bleed?'
 

Jimin went to the janitor's cart. The cart itself was splattered with blood, but the contents inside were clean and untouched. He moved the minor cleaning towels and rags out of the way and found a quantity of face masks. They were thin and made of fabric, but they helped filter the smell of death better than their shirts. Jimin grabbed all of them and figured they could just wear one over the other. He stuffed them in his pockets.

'My pockets can't hold first aid kits...' Jimin started toward the last class he had before the invasion happened. He opened the door and the closet that held his bookbag. Not a shed of blood stained it due to the closed closet protecting it.
 

'Good man, this thing was expensive.' Jimin thought selfishly. 'And since there's no blood, they can't sniff us out as easy.' Jimin smiled, remembering the vicious, cannibalistic attack earlier. Thinking about that now, staying in the fresh blood-spilled school could lure new creatures.
 

He put the masks in the bag cleanly, quickly and with organization after he emptied its contents, though he kept the water bottle he had. He wore two masks over each other so as not to smell the rotting stench anymore.
 

He made his way back to the nurses quarters and opened the door with one of the janitor's keys. He stepped into the untouched room. Jimin rummaged through the cabinets finding 6 first aid kits. The brown haired boy opened the kits, examining the contents and making sure they were all in there.
 

They contained, sterile gauze pads in different sizes, adhesive tape, elastic bandages, antiseptic wipes, soap, antibiotic ointment, ibuprofen, tweezers, sharp scissors, safety pins, cold packs, heat packs, alcohol wipes, a thermometer, latex gloves, and antiseptic solution.
 

He stuffed the kits into his backpack and continued searching. He found nothing else of use and walked out. He looked at his watch. The hour was almost up and probably had 40 more minutes of sun left. Jimin walked back to their meeting spot where Jungkook was already waiting.
 

"Did you find anything?" He asked noticing his backpack. They both seemed to have the idea of retrieving their backpacks because Jungkook had his too.
 

"Yeah, about 6 first aid kits, a loaded gun, and," Jimin took his backpack off. "These face masks." He finished, handing two to Jungkook.
 

Jungkook put them on and shed his backpack to show Jimin what he had found.

"I got," Jungkook ped his backpack revealing its contents. "5 flashlights and a bunch of batteries from the front offices junk drawer." Jungkook rattled his book bag. He opened the first pocket on his backpack and it was filled with usable batteries of different sizes and types.

"Alright. What else do we need...?" Jimin pondered.
 

"A place to sleep safely?" Jungkook answered.
 

Jimin looked at his watch. "Yeah, we'll find a place and eat whatever they have in that house. And I don't think we should stay in the same house for too long. It'll have our scent. So we need to switch it up." Jimin said in detail as they walked to the exit.
 

"They don't have eyes, so scent is the next best thing." Jungkook agreed. "So, we'll jump from house to house?"
 

"Yeah." Jimin said reaching outside, the sun's orange glow was minimal and disappearing. "We'll look for more necessities in the morning."
 

They walked through the silent streets, trudging over bodies and passing around stopped and crashed cars.
 

"Jimin," Jungkook said looking into the cars.
 

"Should we steal a car? What if they find us? We have to have a getaway ready." Jungkook justified his answer.
 

"I guess. But we'll look for one tomorrow, and we'd have to siphon gas for it from other cars when the gas runs out." Jimin explained.
 

"Do you know how to do that?" Jungkook quized, not knowing how to himself.
 

"No... We'll figure it out later." Jimin brushed the subject away. "How ‘bout this one?" Jimin stopped in front of a house, the door was kicked open, but nothing was damaged or broken inside.
 

"Maybe they weren't home when they attacked… so they just left it alone." Jungkook threw the possibility in the air.
 

Jimin walked slowly inside having Jungkook holding onto his shirt. The house was clean and no sign of disturbance was present. The boys walked into one of the bedrooms.
 

There was one bed in the middle, Queen sized, a closet, a bathroom, and wardrobes.

As Jimin put there stuff down Jungkook walked out of the room. Jimin put their things in the closet and checked the bathroom. The plumbing didn't work. Jimin opened the mirror above the sink and found toothpaste and toothbrushes, combs, mouthwash and other similar things.
 

'Ok, I am not using other people's toothbrushes.' Jimin thought, thinking he could just use bottled water as a substitute for no sink.
 

"This needs to go on the list of things to get." Jimin said to himself out loud.
 

Jungkook opened the door and walked in with a bunch of food, mainly fruit.
 

"What are you doing?" Jimin asked watching Jungkook smash the food in a circle around the bed.
 

"Getting rid of our smell." Jungkook squeezed a tomato and flicked the juice onto their backpacks to eliminate the human scent.
 

"Now that we have a scent barrier, it makes us a little safer, right?" Jungkook asked sitting on the bed eating a peach. "I did it at the doors and windows too."
 

"Right..." Jimin hated to admit that Jungkook was right. He snatched an apple from Jungkook and they filled their stomachs with the fresh fruit.
 

"In a couple of days, all the refrigerated items will be gone." Jimin informed. "We'll raid a drug store for anything we can use." Jimin said handing his half full water bottle to Jungkook, realizing Jungkook went without drinking anything for half the day.
 

"Thanks.." Jungkook said shyly, taking the water bottle. "You know what?" Jungkook asked.
 

Jimin didn't answer.
 

"We could go and get ourselves some new clothes. We don't hafta pay. If we're gonna live in hell, I wanna look stylish." Jungkook stared at Jimin who laughed.
 

"Yeah, let's do that. Man, we need more backpacks to carry all that ..."
 

Jungkook smiled. "So," He pulled out his iPod which still had full life left. He went into the notes. "Let's make a checklist on stuff we need." Jungkook labeled the note.
 

"Well, we need food, water bottles, clothes," Jimin counted with his phalanges.
 

"Toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash?" Jimin snapped his fingers. "BB Cream."
 

"Jimin, I'm serious!" Jungkook hit the older.
 

"I am too! You said you wanted to look stylish! Okay, food, water, clothes, makeup, toiletries," Jungkook wrote down Jimin’s list.
 

"Weapons, medicine, blankets and pillows," The list went on, even to the point of needing a 2nd backpack for the weapons they need to defend themselves with.
 

The backpacks they have already are to be filled with emergency items for dire situations; separation, living outside, ect. The boys thought hard for what is needed to survive... and a little luxury items couldn't hurt. Jungkook detailed the list, that way they could grab their items faster to avoid meeting a dangerous situation.
 

Jimin got up and threw the rest of his 3rd apple away. "I hope we can fit all those things in them." Jimin smiled.
 

"We'll keep all of that in the car, the trunk, we won't have to lug it around, except for our emergency backpacks. Those have to be on us all times. Man, cars are a great thing." Jungkook smiled.
 

"I don't think those monsters have ears so they might not be able to hear a car in drive." Jimin said.
 

"What kind of car are we gonna ride?" Jungkook asked excitedly.
 

"There's that lamborghini dealer shop a couple blocks down." Jimin smiled widely at the thought of driving that specific car. "I've had my eye on the black display one."
 

"No way." Jungkook laughed, "We're gonna own that y car. Let's do it."
 

Jimin crawled into the bedsheets. "Well, we gotta get some rest. We gotta loooong day tomorrow. Oh, and we should get those body straps, you know, to keep a couple guns closer to us so we can get to them quicker, like the cops have. I think we should have one around our waste, with an ammo holder, and one on our ankle so we can carry 2 extra guns with us, just in case." Jungkook turned his head to Jimin who chose the right side of the bed.
 

"We're gonna share the same bed..?" Jungkook capped the water bottle, ignoring Jimins words.
 

"I don't think sleeping in different rooms would benefit anything," Jimin stated. " it up."
 

Jungkook crawled into the covers on the left side of the bed. Now being night outside, their source of heat, due to power loss, was gone. All they had were blankets.

Jimin faced Jungkook’s back. The younger's back slightly shivered from the cold, the blankets didn't help much for warmth.
 

"Jungkook." Jimin broke the short silence.
 

"Yeah?"
 

"Are you okay?" Jimin asked, worrying about him.
 

"It's just cold..." Jungkook said embarrassed. "I can handle it." Jungkook tried avoiding looking weak.
 

"Wh-wha-what are you doing??" Jungkook asked feeling Jimin’s arms wrap around him.
 

"Keeping you warm." Jimin replied.
 

Jungkook widened his eyes. He's sleeping in the same bed as his rival. He looked in front of him in the mirror the closet had. He was blushing. He stared at Jimin’s arm through the mirror. It was strange. He suddenly felt warmer, safer, and protected.

The boys quickly and comfortably fell asleep in the bed, they slept away all the stress from the day and accepted their new lives. Having Jimin’s arms encasing Jungkook, they kept each other warm.