Fears

I Hate You (Don't Leave Me)


"Jimin! How 'bout this one?" Jungkook hollered, touching the hood of a red lamborghini.
 

"Jungkook, that's red." Jimin pointed out, walking to other.
 

"Ohh, look who passed the 3rd grade. Do you know your numbers too?" Jungkook teased.
 

"Jungkook,"
 

"Yeah?" Jungkook swiped his hands on the roof of the car.
 

"Do you know what color blood is?"
 

"They don't have eyes." Jungkook retorted, sensing the lecture.
 

"We don't know that for sure, so let's go with that black one." Jimin sprinted towards his chosen car as Jungkook followed.
 

"Go find the keys to this." Jimin eyed the car.
 

"Why do I have to do it?" Jungkook complained.
 

"Because I told you too." Jimin ordered, scanning the car.
 

"You're a ." Jungkook turned away and started walking to the dealerships building. Hands in his pockets, secretly in fists.
 

Jimin watched Jungkook as he walked into the building. 'I'm trying to watch your back, .' Jimin shook his head, forgetting both comments.
 

Jimin strolled around the car, no scratch in sight. He stopped in front of the car. 'Why am I stuck with him? I hate his attitude, I hate his style, I hate... I hate him. Why couldn't I be with Jin?' Jimin shut his eyes, letting a few frustrated tears hit the hood of the car.
 

After a moment of sniffles and deep breathes, the brown haired boy initiated wiping his tears, realizing he's outside and could be attacked at any moment.
 

'Okay Jimin, no more crying, you promised to take care of him no matter what.' Jimin recalled.
 

"Jungkook! Hurry up!" Jimin yelled as he dried his eyes with his wrist.
 

Jimin began walking toward the decrepit building. He stopped at the entrance. The door had been ripped off and thrown somewhere out of sight. Jimin took a few steps inside and stared straight. It was dark in the building, a few rays of light crept through the structures broken walls, revealing the dust particles in the air.
 

Jimin continually stared into the emptiness. He was in a hallway, a hallway that went left, straight and right, leading to closed doors. Jimin looked to his right at the faint sound of grunting. 'Don't tell me he-' Jimin heard a familiar scratching on the floor, but couldn't tell from which direction the sounds had come from. He stood there, holding his breath.
 

'Jungkook, where did you go?' Jimin thought turning his head straight again only to be grabbed forcefully behind a wall. Mouth covered, Jimin’s eyes widened at the sudden feeling of being kidnapped. His eyes trailed to his mouth. A human hand.
 

"Don't say anything." Jungkook whispered. "They can smell fear." Jungkook had a shining confidence in his voice.
 

The boys stayed by the wall, holding their breath, trying not to sweat, trying to erase their releasing pheromones of fear. Jungkook discharged his hand from Jimins mouth. The older stood up straight and pulled out a loose brick from their wall of a shield.
 

"What the are you doing?" Jungkook scolded quietly.
 

"I want to see if they can hear." Jimin gripped the brick and flung it across the room. The brick broke in half as it hit a metal trash can, knocking it down making a bigger ruckus.

Jimin watched the creatures shadow in the right hallway. The creature remained motionless, nose stretched in the air.
 

"Do you have the keys?" Jimin questioned.
 

"Yeah." Jungkook took the keys from his pocket and pressed the on button. The car beeped. Still no movement.
 

"Okay, let's walk slowly. Gimme the keys." Jimin held out his hand.
 

"No. I got them. I risked my life for them." Jungkook spat back.
 

"First of all, you can't drive. Second of all, I thought you would be safer in here than outside, okay?" Jimin sighed. "I'm sorry. I was only trying to keep you safe."
 

Jungkook blinked at the unexpected apology. The younger looked at the keys in his hand, then handed them over to Jimin.
 

"Okay, let's get outta here." Jimin grabbed Jungkook’s hand and rushed outside to the car lying in wait. Jimin hit one of the buttons and the doors to the car opened, waiting for passengers to be seated. Both boys stared behind them, making sure they weren't being chased.
 

In the rush, Jimin stopped.
 

"What the Jimin!? Hurry up! Are you trying to commit suicide!?" Jungkook turned his head toward Jimin.
 

"Do you wanna get into that!?" Jimin yelled pointing the car surrounded by the brute, lower beings.
 

"What are we gonna do?" Jungkook’s voice cracked at the sight of so many surrounding the car. He gripped Jimins shirt tightly. "Jimin.." Jungkook hid his face in Jimin’s shirt. "Jimin, I'm scared."
 

"Jungkook.." Jimin whispered. Jimin looked around the city searching for a place to keep them safe, a shelter. "Follow me." Jimin said as he started sprinting toward another building.
 

The brown haired boy made it a few feet before he realized Jungkook wasn't tailgating him. "Jungkook! C'mon! Move your !"
 

"I-I can't!"
 

"Why the not!?"
 

"I'm-I'm" Jungkook broke down. He brought his hands to his eyes and started shaking. "Jimin!" Jungkook screamed. "I'm scared! Help me!" He cried. Jungkook shut his eyes tightly and dropped to his knees.
 

"Get on." Jimin bent down in front of Jungkook.
 

Jungkook opened his eyes, wiping his tears. 'He... He came back for me?' Jungkook froze.
 

"Wh-"
 

"C'mon! Get on my back!" Jimin demanded.
 

Jungkook did as ordered and held onto Jimin’s neck. Jimin rose from the ground, holding Jungkook’s legs and started running to his intended destination. his weight doubled as he carried Jungkook, slowing him down.
 

"Jimin..."
 

"It's okay Jungkook. I'll protect you. No matter what. Don't worry." Jimin promised, running through the alleys.
 

Jungkook closed his eyes and buried himself in Jimins neck. "Thank you." He muffled. 'I thought you were going to leave me again...'
 

Jimin kicked the loose door leading into a convenient store open. He looked around, supplies scattered everywhere in piles, bottles broken, stands kicked down. Jimin looked up at a lopsided sign indicated stairs were ahead. The latter trudged up the stairs until he reached another loose door.
 

"Are you okay Jungkook?"
 

"Mhm. You can put me down now." Jungkook blushed, looking off in a distance.
 

Jimin released his grip on Jungkook and the younger slid down Jimin’s back, hitting the floor with both legs firm.
 

They walked into the home. The home had a living room, kitchen,  3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and an attic.
 

"So, the owner of the store downstairs... lived here?" Jungkook questioned, opening the fridge.
 

"This should be a great place to stay. We've got everything we want downstairs. Clothes, food, water." Jimin recounted.
 

"Then let's live here." Jungkook closed the fridge.
 

Jimin blinked. 'Me and Jungkook... living together?'
 

"Jimin." Jungkook snapped. "Let's go and get what we need from downstairs."

"...Right. Okay." The twosome searched around for their needed items and checked them off their list.
 

"Guess we don't need extra bags after all." Jimin said, popping a lollipop in his mouth.
 

"Okay, you get what we need and I'll clean out our new... home." Jungkook hesitated.
 

"Okay." Jimin looked around in the aisles for their emergency backpack items, not paying attention to Jungkook’s word choices.
 

cpbr_Ix4GxC8RsH3HtyenPnRO7KCHQFRqTlnx_fd
 

After Jimin gathered all the things on their list and Jungkook made space for the two to live in, they settled their stuff into the drawers of the house and made it their own.
 

"Okay. That room is yours," Jimin pointed to the left. "And that room is mine." Jimin pointed to the right. "There close to each other so we don't have to worry." Jimin said folding his arms.
 

"I think we should make traps. You know, so we can be safe while we're sleeping. Extra precaution..." Jungkook offered.
 

"What kind of traps?" Jimin quizzed Jungkooks idea.
 

"Like alarms and obviously add a load of locks on each door, especially the attics door since that'll be our safe hole. Maybe nets? Like the ones they use to trap animals." Jungkook explained.
 

"Okay. But it's too dangerous to do that now, there might be more out there lurking around. Maybe tomorrow. I can put some locks on each door from the stores supply downstairs." Jimin offered, knowing Jungkook had a rough day. "You can go to sleep for now."
 

Jimin gestured to Jungkook as he went back downstairs in search of locks.
 

Jimin looked out the window, it was already sunset. Rummaging through the piles, Jimin found a few locker locks per pile. They weren't the best but they were at least something.
 

'One lock per door until I find something better.' Jimin walked over to the entrance and shut the door, installing the quick lock. He rammed against the door to test the stability. The door shook, but didn't knock down. 'Okay, that'll at least give us time to hide.'
 

Jimin moved back upstairs and locked the front door with two locks. He went to the windows and covered them with dark curtains. Jimin stuck all the keys onto a keychain. He looked through a junk drawer in kitchen and found a black Sharpie marker. Labeling each key to its lock, Jimin sat on a chair by the kitchen table, labeling away.
 

"Jimin." Jungkook walked into the kitchen.
 

"What's up?" Jimin asked, labeling the last key.
 

"I don't want to sleep alone." Jungkook said hesitantly, averting his eyes to the left avoiding Jimin’s stare.
 

"Aiggoo, you want me to protect you Jungkookie." Jimin teased putting the keys down and the sharpie away.
 

Jungkook folded his arms. " you. Never mind." Jungkook stormed away back into his room, shutting his door.
 

Jimin raised his eyebrow.
 

Jungkook slid against his door. 'Stupid Jimin. I hate him. He's a jerk, a punk. Why does he always treat me like a baby? I'll show you. What the is wrong with me? How can I think he'll change his opinion about me? I'll prove to you Jimin. I'm not a baby.'
 

Jungkook got up and crawled into his bed. He made himself comfortable as he slid into his sheets. The latter closed his eyes and tried to relax.
 

"Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Jungkook." Jungkook announced to his new classmates.
 

His new teacher assigned him a seat in the front. Jungkook sat patiently listening to what his peers were saying about him. About the fresh meat.
 

"He's cute."
 

"He is. I hope he doesn't have a girlfriend."
 

The comments made Jungkook smile. He was the gossip of the school. Between the girls that is. The guys weren't too fond of the new boy.
 

Jungkook went outside to eat his lunch. He sat by a tree and ate the school lunch watching everyone play around.
 

"You seem kind of lonely." A voice said, grabbing Jungkook’s attention.

Jungkook turned to the voice. He's only talked to the girls of his new school. He hasn't made any guy friends yet. Maybe this will be his chance.
 

"Oh, no, I'm-" Jungkook was interrupted.
 

"C'mere. Follow me." The male student turned his back walking to the back side of the school. The crew behind the classmate followed him.
 

Jungkook got up and followed his classmates. They stopped behind the school. Jungkook leaned against the wall as his classmates faced him.
 

"You're the new guy right? Jungkook? All the girls are talking about you." The male student said, cocking his head.
 

"Oh, well I didn't really mean to-" Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck.
 

"So is my girlfriend." Jungkook’s classmate announced cracking his fingers.

Jungkook stared at the classmates hands. Jungkook realized he was going to get hurt.
 

But he didn't care, he knew it would happen. He always gets picked on for having a mischievous persona, or stealing attention.
 

'Well I guess she isn't your girlfriend anymore, now is she?" Jungkook smirked, stuffing his hands in his pockets.
 

Jungkook looked behind the male student. He noticed a boy sitting on a bench watching. He wasn't part of the students crew. He wore a black and green cap. All he did was sit there. He had marshmallow cheeks but a strong demeanor. The boys stared at each other. 'Who's he?' Jungkook questioned to himself, having high hopes. But before Jungkook could ask, he was punched back into reality by the male student in front of him.
 

They battled it out but Jungkook ended up being attacked by 5 male students. Outnumbered. Kicking him and punching him repeatedly, his clothes ripped from the brawl and in the heat of things, he started coughing up blood. Once the students witnessed Jungkooks bloody condition, they stopped and ran away, leaving Jungkook on the floor whimpering from the pain in his stomach and chest.
 

'You just sat there. You didn't even call for help.You're a jackass Jimin. Why didn't you help me!? You saw I was in pain and you sat there! You laughed while I was getting hurt!' Jungkook restrained from crying, gripping his blanket. 'I saw you... And I thought we could be friends. I forgot about the guys in front of me. When I saw you, everything slowed down. All I wanted to do was impress you. But you're a pure jackass. You laughed and left me on the floor coughing up blood!'
 

"Jungkook..." Jimin slowly opened the door.
 

Jungkook flashed his eyes open, abandoning his thoughts. The room was dark, Jungkook could only make out Jimins outline.
 

The younger didn't respond to Jimin. The black haired boy closed his eyes and pretended to sleep.
 

Jimin crept into the room, carefully, making sure to make no noise to wake the 'sleeping' Jungkook up.

Jimin walked to the opposite side of where Jungkook was sleeping. The older lowered the blankets from that side and quietly crawled on the bed.
 

Jungkook felt Jimins weight pushing the bed down, he felt Jimin getting closer to his side, he felt Jimin laying next to him, and finally, he felt Jimins warm arm around him and the warmth of his breath hit his neck.

"I'm sorry Jungkook."