Unlucky

I Hate You (Don't Leave Me)


“Jungkook, get your bag!” Jimin ordered as he grabbed his, slinging it over his shoulder.
 

The boys packed their own emergency bags earlier, filled with weapons, water, food and other survival needs.
 

Jungkook bit his tongue, doing as ordered and following after Jimin in the direction he assumed the firework blew off.
 

“Jimin… what color?”
 

“What?”
 

“What color was the firework?” Jungkook repeated. He hadn't seen it. Only heard it.
 

Jimin took a minute to answer, he reluctantly sighed. “Blue.”
 

Jungkook couldn't contain his anger. He needs to shred whatever monster threatened Hoseok.
 

Jimin noticed the quickness in Jungkook, it seemed Jungkook was leading, although he doesn't know the direction.
 

“Jungkook, he could've sat it off for Taehyung or he wants to show us something.” Jimin said, knowing his words were empty suggestions.
 

Jungkook didn't answer. He continued, his eyes glued to the trees in the forest.
 

“In there?” Jungkook asked, pointing to the trees.
 

“Yeah.” Jimin confirmed.
 

“This is off the course they were suppose to take.” Jungkook blurted. “Why did they run into the woods of all places?”
 

“Maybe it was their only cover. They could climb the trees, hide in the streams, cover their scent with other animals.” Jimin stated as they entered the forest, looking at what he was describing.
 

Jungkook groaned, yelling out Hoseok’s name.
 

“I knew this was a bad idea, why did he go with him!?” Jungkook gritted his teeth.
 

Jimin grabbed Jungkook's hand, leading him deeper into the greenery. The only thing flourishing since the takeover was nature. It looked untouched.
 

Jungkook obediently followed Jimin's footsteps, lost in his imagination of what could've happened to his friend.
 

Jimin stopped, causing Jungkook to crash into his back.
 

“What the hell?” Jungkook gasped when he was pulled into a bush.
 

“Shh.” Jimin covered Jungkook's mouth.
 

Jungkook widened his eyes as one of the creatures passed by them not too far off, sniffing around. This monster was different, he was monstrous. Twice the size of the normal ones. Could that thing be the reason for the firework set off?
 

“It doesn't have blood on it.” Jimin whispered, relaxing Jungkook from his thoughts.
 

It seems like the two are complete opposites. One thinking only of the bad, while the other equaling in thinking of only the good.
 

Jimin got up once he was sure the creature was gone, continuing to pull Jungkook along.
 

Jungkook stopped Jimin when he spotted Taehyung against a tree, breathing heavily.
 

The boys ran to him, checking if he was hurt.
 

“Where's Hoseok?” Jungkook interrogated, checking their surroundings.
 

“I dunno, we lost each other, we agreed if we could escape from the creatures to meet at the mansion.” Taehyung said, sitting down to catch his breath.
 

“You were attacked by how many?” Jimin asked.
 

“Three, maybe more. I saw more while I was running away.” Taehyung looked up at Jimin. “I blew up my firework when I lost them.”
 

Jungkook stared at Taehyung. “You blew up your firework?”
 

Taehyung only nodded in response. “If Hoseok were in trouble he would've blown his up by now. Don't worry too much about him. He's lucky, they mostly ran after me.” Taehyung sounded confident in his conclusion.
 

Jungkook stripped Taehyung of his back pack.
 

“What are you doing!?” Taehyung stood up, only allowing Jimin step in front of him while they both watched Jungkook rummage through the bag.
 

“There's no firework.” Jungkook trailed confusedly. “Jimin, are you sure-” Jimin cut Jungkook off by mouthing a few words to him. It looked like he said “Play along.’?
 

“I just told you I fired it up. What's wrong with you two?” Taehyung growled.
 

Jimin is a hundred percent sure he gave Taehyung the red firework. Could they have switched backpacks?
 

“Let's go look for Hoseok. We’ll head to that mansion and if he’s not there, we will shoot our fireworks for him, right Jungkook?”
 

Jungkook blinked at Jimin’s plan, agreeing to it, and giving Taehyung his backpack back.
 

They started walking after Taehyung rested a bit longer. The mansion isn't far but they still need to get there before the sun fully sets.
 

Jungkook monitored the back, Taehyung monitored the front, and Jimin kept eyes on the sides in between the boys.
 

“It's bothering me how this forest is crawling with those creatures, but nothing is disturbed or destroyed.” Jungkook blurted, glancing at the red, untouched flowers growing around a few trees. “Not even stepped on.”
 

Jimin hummed in agreement. “They have to have a weakness. Maybe it's something here they don't want to chance an encounter with?”
 

“Wouldn't they be able to sniff it out then? Everything here reeks of nature.” Taehyung butted in. “Plus they only care for blood.”
 

Jungkook pursed his lips and continued monitoring. Everything looked alive. Everything was alive. Jungkook spotted a few more roses along their way. They looked like they were withering away and being drained of color. The red tips of the roses were a dull, fading shade of red while the yellow base looked like it was tea stained. They were the most dead-looking things in this forest.
 

“We’re almost there.” Taehyung announced, seeing the end of the forest.
 

Jimin looked ahead of him. It didn't make sense. Taehyung said he kept running into multiple creatures, but he and Jungkook only ran into one on accident. Where did they all go? The only sounds that could be heard were birds and the wind rustling the leaves.
 

The boys ran up to the mansion, making sure to close the high, rusted fence that guarded it. They walked inside and Jungkook walked toward the balcony.
 

“I don't like this place. It's surrounded by the woods. Isn't that where all the creatures are? We’re basically inviting them to a feast.” Jungkook announced, stepping onto the balcony and rummaging through his backpack, taking out the firework.
 

“We’ll discuss that when we’re all together again.” Jimin said. “For now let's check out if there are any sources of blood that could draw them in.”

Jungkook sighed and set off his firework. It exploded into green sparks of dust, and in a matter of seconds, it disappeared leaving a trail of smoke.

'Please be okay.'