Sparks

I Hate You (Don't Leave Me)


“No.” Jungkook rejected the already established mansion idea.
 

“Why not?” Taehyung persisted.
 

“Why should we risk our lives to live somewhere that's so huge we couldn't possibly cover the whole area for security? Besides, no monster has yet to find us here.” Jungkook defended.
 

Taehyung sighed. “Why are you so negative?”
 

Taehyung thought for sure he’d be able to turn Jungkook. He needs to try harder. Jungkook isn't easy, or so he's learned. He knows Jungkook is loyal to Jimin and Taehyung is racking his brain, trying to figure out how Jimin gained Jungkook’s trust so quickly.
 

“You want positive? Maybe one day there'll be a rescue helicopter or some .” Jungkook spat.
 

Right now, Taehyung is taking huge steps backwards. Steps that he already progressed. He needs to get Jungkook alone again. Away from Hoseok and Jimin. His biggest threat is Jungkook and he needs him on his side.
 

“Stop, both of you.” Hoseok had enough of the two kids bickering. “Why don't I go with Taehyung to check out the area and you two can stay here for now.”
 

Jungkook crossed his arms, leaning back in his chair and scoffing. “Fine.”
 

Jimin gathered all the necessities the two will need for their trip. “If you guys need help and your close enough, sound the horn I gave both of you. If you're too far, set off a firework. Got it?”
 

“Jimin and I will be listening and watching every second.” Jungkook said specifically to Hoseok.
 

The two boys nodded.
 

“It shouldn't take long to get there. We should make it before the sun even starts to set.” Taehyung added.
 

Taehyung and Hoseok set out quickly. They didn't need to waste precious daylight. They needed every second of the pure light.
 

Jimin and Jungkook watched out of a window until they turned a corner and couldn't see them anymore. Jimin moved away from the window and sat down on the bed.
 

“Jungkook?” Jimin looked at the younger who was still looking out the window intently.
 

Jungkook hummed in an answer.
 

“I really thought you and Tae were getting along for a minute.”
 

Jungkook tensed at the subject of the conversation. Jungkook wanted to tell Jimin about that time alone with Taehyung, but he kept his mouth shut. They didn't need drama at a time like this.
 

Jimin kept his eyes on Jungkook. It's obvious Jungkook wasn't in a mood for talking. You can't force someone like Jungkook to do anything.
 

“I'll take the first watch.” Jungkook spoke.
 

Jimin nodded. “I gave Hoseok the blue firework and Taehyung the red one.”
 

Jungkook made a sound of understanding, taking his water bottle and sipping it.
 

“I never thought we would ever live together like this.” Jimin tried to get Jungkook to open up.
 

“It's not like we have a choice.” Jungkook replied.
 

Jimin went back up to the window and looked around, changing the topic. “Don't you think it's weird? None of those creatures have been around. They only show up when we bait them.”
 

Jungkook has realized that. He even said it himself. None of those creatures have found them out. The last one they saw was when Jungkook deliberately brought one out. Are they hiding close by or did they leave all together?
 

“What if they moved on to a new town?” Jungkook suggested.
 

They have seen survivors walking the street. All were adults, but they wouldn't dare take in someone they didn't know personally.
 

“Do you really think we’ll be rescued?” Jimin asked, referring to the helicopter idea.
 

“I dunno. Shouldn't they be looking for survivors by now?”
 

“Not until the area is cleared.” Jimin ended up answering his own question.
 

Jungkook sighed. It's been hard on all 4 boys. Nobody would talk about it but they all had their moments, crying at night over family and friends and overall their past life. If anything that made them more determined to stay alive.
 

Throughout the day, Jimin made lunch for the two boys and tried to switch positions with Jungkook multiple times, but the other refused.
 

“You should rest for now.” Jungkook suggested. Even if something happens, at least one of them will be rested and good to go. Jimin was reluctant, but agreed in the end.
 

“You stocked food and water for them, right?” Jungkook was mainly referring to Hoseok.
 

“Of course.” Jimin answered plainly before retreating to the bed.
 

Jungkook stayed by the window for about an hour and even brought a chair to sit by it. Jimin, on the other hand, was sleeping soundly. He wasn't going to sleep for long. He was resting for his turn to guard watch because Jungkook needs sleep too, even if it is only a few hours.
 

Jungkook turned his attention to the sleeping boy. He doesn't like the idea of Hoseok alone with Taehyung. He should've said no.
 

Jungkook yawned. He only trusts Jimin and Hoseok. Even though he hated Jimin’s guts not too long ago, he's grown attached to Jimin. Jimin must feel the same way. He has to feel the same.
 

He needs to tell Jimin his feelings before things become more complicated. Maybe now is his chance.
 

The brown haired boy knows he's retreated to his bratty ways, but that's all Taehyungs fault. He ruined everything. Jungkook sighed. He can't be looking at his ally as an enemy. The real enemies are those creatures.
 

Jungkook turned his attention to the sun. It was beginning to set, but they weren't back yet. Jungkook was starting to become worried.
 

Jungkook walked over to Jimin and woke him up. “Jimin, I need to tell you something.”
 

Jimin sat up and stretched his arms. “Did something happen to the others?” Jimin’s eyes widened.
 

“No.” Jungkook shook his head and took a deep breath. He thought back to the moment when they kissed and he could swear that he was blushing. Jungkook was acting completely out of character.
 

He knows he should be on guard, but Taehyung isn't there to interrupt again so this is the perfect time to get this off his chest. A few seconds away from the window couldn’t hurt.
 

“Jungkook? Are you ok? You're not sick are you?” Jimin worried over the boy, placing his hand to Jungkook’s forehead.
 

Jungkook pushed Jimin’s hand away and stared at him.
 

“Jimin, I-” Jungkook was interrupted by a loud bang, similar to a firework sound.
 

Jungkook whipped his head to the window as Jimin registered the sound.

Jimin got out of the bed and ran to the window in time to see the blue sparks vanishing from the skyline.