Exposure

I Hate You (Don't Leave Me)


Jungkook stayed awake the whole night, expecting Jimin to feel sorry and come back to his room making him feel safe again, though no one woke through the still night. Jungkook let out a sigh as soon as he realized the sun was shining through the window.
 

"I didn't stay up for him... I stayed up because I don't trust them together." he tried to convince himself.
 

The black haired boy dragged himself out of bed and stared into the mirror. He looked like a hot mess; eyes puffy, face pale, his bangs were obscuring his line of sight. He tried to fix it like he would normally do but gave up quickly feeling frustrated. He let it hang in his face as he got ready for the day.
 

Jungkook walked out of his room and into Jimin and Taehyung. He stopped at the foot of the bed and stared at the boys, who were as far apart from each other as possible.
 

Jungkook raised his eyebrow, letting his hair fall into his face again. He blew it away but was soon fed up with it. 'Their not gonna wake up for another hour or two.' he thought.
 

The wide awake boy walked downstairs and sundered around, picking up toddler toys, looking at the birthday cards, and eventually stumbling into the hair care section, he shrugged, 'Why not... my hair needs a trim... how hard can t hair be?'

Jungkook grabbed all the hair products he had in mind, fumbling with all of them as he walked back to the bathroom upstairs and poured everything onto the counter. He looked through the products and grabbed the scissors, cutting away at his bangs. Once that process was over, his hair strewn over the counter, he began mixing the dyes and chemicals.
 

Cleaning the bathroom quickly, he placed all of the products in the drawers under the sink. Jungkook walked out, hair slicked back because of the dye, wandering into the kitchen and fixed himself breakfast; an apple, cereal, and water. Nothing too special. Jungkook laid his head on the table after eating, watching the water slide off the cold water bottle. 'I should only drink water from now on. I'll need the natural energy without a crash.' he wiped his finger along the condensation of the bottle, slowly writing a cursive 'J'. Jungkook sighed at it and decided it's time to wash his hair out.
 

As the door opened to the bathroom, the youngest of the two survivors eyed himself in the mirror with gleaming determination. 'I'll show them I'm not who they think I am. I mean it this time.' He said to himself before washing his hair out, revealing his new brown hair. He picked up the hair dryer clicking the 'on' button, but it stayed silent. 'Oh... no power.' Jungkook put it back and towel dried his hair, styling it with hair gel as it dried and smirking in the mirror when finished.
 

He walked out and raided the makeup part of their bags that Jimin stored. 'If we're gonna live in Hell, might as well look stylish.' Jungkook laughed to himself at his repeated words. He surprisingly pulled off the look without any type of experience. The youngest smiled at himself in the mirror forgetting, for a moment, about the world he now lives in.
 

Walking into Jimin’s room, Jungkook shook him awake. "Jimin, get your up already."
 

In reaction, Jimin opened his eyes and covered his face with the pillow he was resting on. "Go away Jungkook." he mumbled into the pillow, gripping it.
 

The now brown haired boy furrowed his eyebrows and exhaled his anger softly. He started walking a few steps away before Jimin stopped him.
 

"Jungkook..." He said softly.
 

"What?" Jungkook didn't move or even turn to look at Jimin.
 

"Your hair... it's brown?" Jimin peeked through the pillow, staring at the back of his head, curious at his new style.
 

"Yeah, and?" Jungkook felt annoyed.
 

Jimin’s eyes fell from Jungkook’s hair, scanning the rest of his body before he felt a sensation of engulfment. Jimin sat up and with a raised eyebrow, partly because of his foreign feeling. "W-Why... how did you do that?" his words came out in a stutter.
 

Jungkook stood there, only turning his head slightly. "Because I could? Got a problem with it?" He said with spite, acting as jimin did before the takeover.
 

Jimin widened his eyes. 'Your personality changed too...' he thought to himself.
 

"Jungkook..." Jimin said getting up and taking Jungkook’s hand, leading him back to the second room. "I want to talk to you about something..." Jimin lamented, wide awake.
 

"What about?" Jungkook sat down next to the door having Jimin join him before closing the door.
 

"That night... when we heard the noise... we were sitting right here..." Jimin paused, remembering the night. "t-the kiss."
 

"Kiss? What kiss?" Jungkook repented the thought. He remembered it. He liked it. But can't stand that his lips touched Jimin’s.
 

"W-We leaned into each other-" Jimin slowly mimicked the actions, moving closer to Jungkook. "and it... it just happened... our lips touched." Jimin stared into Jungkook’s eyes, hoping Jungkook wouldn't reject him.
 

Jungkook leaned in with Jimin, unresistant to the thought of kissing him. 'Where is this coming from?' Jungkook question, unsure about whether he is talking about Jimin’s actions or his returning feelings. Both boys leaned into each other, closing their eyes slowly.
 

"Jimin, where are you?" Taehyung opened the door to Jungkook’s room and spotted the two on the ground, moving away from each other quickly.
 

"What... what are you two doing?" Taehyung questioned skeptically.
 

"I-I was just telling Jungkook about the new plan." Jimin quickly covered up their actions as he stood. "Didn't want to wake you." he smiled.
 

Jungkook stood up, angered by Jimin’s actions. 'You're gonna lie about it!? You wanted to kiss me! You're never gonna change.' Jungkook walked out without saying a word.
 

Jimin watched him and frowned slightly. "Let's talk in the kitchen." He suggested and followed Jungkook into it. 'Jungkook, I'm trying. I really am.' Jimin regretted lying.
 

Taehyung pulled a chair from the table and sat down waiting, still skeptical about the situation. The oldest sat in front of Taehyung and Jungkook sat the furthest away from the two. Jimin looked down at the table, trying to come up with something to say to ease the tension.
 

"You know... There are still those creepy things roaming around. Last night, before I saw you two, I was hiding from at least 4 or 5." Taehyung announced.
 

"Well, none have broken into this building yet. So I guess we are too far up from the store for them to sniff us out." Jimin came to the conclusion.
 

"So..." Jungkook crossed his arms. "We have everything we need here."
 

"Until it runs out." Taehyung interrupted.
 

Jimin got up and started to cook some of the meat they had, not wanting to participate in the discussion.
 

"So where do we go after this?" Jimin asked, knowing where Taehyung was going with this, quickly getting to the point.
 

He smiled. "The manor."
 

"Manor?" Jungkook questioned.
 

"Yeah, it's not too far from here, but we'll need to move quick to get there with our lives. We'll take everything we need from here and go first thing tomorrow." Taehyung explained.
 

"I don't understand why. We have an all around store downstairs." Jungkook shot down the idea.
 

"But that castle-like manor offers way more protection than just mouse traps." He scoffed. "I think our lives are more important than merchandise." Taehyung mocked.
 

"But we'll be risking our lives to get there." Jungkook argued back.
 

"Why are you so difficult?" Taehyung turned to Jimin. "How did you handle this?"
 

Jimin sighed and sat back down as the meat cooked. "Look, you're both right, but whatever's at the manor can wait until we run out of necessities here. Ok? It'll be plan B." Jimin set down the rule.

The two disagreeing boys looked in different directions, silently agreeing with the rule. Jimin eyed both of them, wondering how he's going to get his friend and his secret crush to get along.