Dose

I Hate You (Don't Leave Me)

 

The trio combed over the mansion until they deemed it safe to stay. Both Jimin and Taehyung boarded up the windows and doors as fast as they could. It was already passed midnight.
 

Jungkook couldn't stop worrying about Hoseok. Images were invading his mind constantly of all the horrible possibilities and situations he might be in.
 

Jimin approached Jungkook and sighed. He left Taehyung to comfort Jungkook.
 

“He said he shot up the blue firework. We can't trust him anymore.” Jimin whispered to the younger boy.
 

Jungkook rolled his eyes. “I've been telling you since the beginning, .”
 

Jimin watched Taehyung boarding up the last of the windows.
 

“Why aren't you doing the higher windows?” Jungkook asked, looking up.
 

“We won't have enough time for that, we’re not staying here for long and I'm pretty sure those monsters won't be able to get that far.” Jimin answered.
 

Jungkook rested his cheek on his palm, he was sitting down on the bottom steps of the grand staircase.
 

They left the front door alone as a means of an escape. The mansion was already guarded by a stone fence.
 

Jimin started walking up the stairs and motioned Jungkook to follow him.
 

They entered a bedroom and shut the door. Jimin handed Jungkook a walkie talkie.
 

“If we ever get separated, or if one of us is in trouble, we’ll use these.” Jimin explained. “They don't have much distance with them, but it's something at least.”
 

“Does Taehyung have one?” Jungkook asked.
 

Jimin shook his head. “Not until I can trust him again.”
 

Jungkook hummed in response. He was still mad at Jimin for taking Taehyung’s side all the time earlier.
 

Jimin sat down on the bed and smiled at Jungkook. “Everything will be okay, don't worry.”
 

Jungkook scoffed. “How can you say that? Hoseok is missing and we have limited supplies. This mansion has nothing to offer us.”
 

Jimin bit his lip. “We’ll make it work.”
 

Jungkook slid the walkie talkie into his waistband and covered it with his shirt.
 

“What do we do about Taehyung?” Jungkook asked, turning his back to Jimin.
 

Jimin looked up at the ceiling. “We’ll arm ourselves and confront him about it. If he tries to do anything sketchy then I guess we’ll…”
 

“Kill him?” Jungkook suggested eagerly.
 

“No. What if he knows something that could help us? Anyway this is all speculation, we may just be paranoid. Maybe I did mix up their fireworks.”
 

“I think he's a traitor.” Jungkook admitted. “What if he is, what do we do then?”
 

“If we can, restrain him. If not, then we run like hell.” Jimin shrugged.
 

“You're taking this too lightly.” Jungkook ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.
 

“He's my best friend.” Jimin glared at Jungkook.
 

“Whatever.” Jungkook had enough of the conversation and walked out of the room.
 

On his way out, he bumped into Taehyung.
 

“Oh, where's Jimin?”
 

“He's resting upstairs.” Jungkook brushed passed Taehyung quickly, walking over to the kitchen.
 

Taehyung followed the younger with his hands in his pockets.
 

“Are you hungry?” Taehyung watched Jungkook opening the fridge through his bangs that were slightly over his eyes.
 

“Thirsty.” Jungkook gulped down some orange juice.
 

Taehyung tilted his head. “Did you fight with lover boy?”
 

Jungkook coughed up some of his drink. “What?”
 

“Oh, it just looked like he dragged you upstairs because he wanted some.”
 

Jungkook threw away the empty orange juice container angrily. “He was just comforting me about Hoseok, .” Jungkook lied.
 

“Hey, you don't need to be mean about it. Is that all you talked about?”
 

Jungkook could feel Taehyung staring at him. He turned to the boy and stared back. “Yes.”
 

Jungkook’s best abilities were fighting and lying with a straight face. He's use to it by now.
 

Taehyung hummed. Taehyung didn't really believe the boy, but he let his suspicion go. He had to follow through with his plan to get Jungkook on his side.
 

“Here,” Taehyung pulled out a red/yellow rose from his pocket and extended his arm to Jungkook. “I found this in one of the vases.”
 

Jungkook stared at the flower. It looked like the one in the forest, but this one was more lively. How could he have found a perfect, filled with life flower in a mansion no one was tending?
 

Jungkook was reluctant, but he took the rose, still staring at it, twirling it in his hand.
 

“Why are you giving this to me?”
 

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders. “It reminded me of you. That rose has two colors, just like how you have two sides.”
 

Jungkook rose an eyebrow. “Two sides?”
 

“Yellow is like your soft, cautious side, red is like your daring side.” Taehyung nodded at his explanation. “Fits you perfectly.” he grinned.
 

Taehyung walked closer to Jungkook. The younger wanted to move away, but he could only back up as far as the wall.
 

“It's also really nice to look at.” Taehyung’s breath ghosted over Jungkook's neck as he whispered.
 

Jungkook tensed up. He didn't want a repeat of what happened before.
 

“Taehyung?” Jungkook mustered the courage to speak.
 

“What?”
 

“Why did you have the blue firework?” Jungkook interrogated.
 

Taehyung back up a few steps and blinked. “What are you talking about?”
 

“You were suppose to have the red firework. Why did you send out Hoseok’s firework?” Jungkook crushed the rose’s stem in his palm.
 

“Hey, be careful, it's got thorns you know, your hand is bleeding.” Taehyung changed the subject, gripping Jungkook’s wrist to get a closer look.
 

Jungkook snatched his hand away. “Answer me.”
 

Taehyung sighed. “We must've switched backpacks.”
 

“That's a piss poor excuse. how the hell could that happen?”
 

“I told you we were attacked. While we were running we fell. We probably grabbed each other's backpack in the rush.” Taehyung looked Jungkook up and down. “What? Are you suspecting me of killing him? Who knows, maybe he did blow up that firework and I had to shut him up, right?” Taehyung scoffed, shaking his head.
 

Jungkook gritted his teeth.
 

“Jungkookie, relax. I didn't do anything. I told you we separated. He's smart. He probably climbed a tree and is camping out until morning. He doesn't want to worry you and put you in danger by shooting one off. That's what he said.”
 

Jungkook relaxed, surprised by the information. “H-He did?”
 

Taehyung only nodded. “If he's not back in a few hours, we’ll go look for him, alright?”
 

Jungkook stared at the floor. The tiles had an intricate spiral pattern and he gazed at them, lost in thought. Maybe he was wrong about Taehyung. Maybe Jimin was right about the duo being paranoid.
 

Taehyung leaned closer to Jungkook. “Did you smell the flower?”
 

Jungkook widened his eyes at the action. He looked down at the flower, his blood staining the crimped stem. He brought it up to his nose and smelled the flower.
 

What scent did it have? If it had one, Jungkook couldn't smell it. Was it unscented? Jungkook slowly looked back up at Taehyung. He couldn't see the other clearly. He was blurry and fuzzy. Jungkook could feel his eyes failing him. It was getting harder to stand and stay awake.
 

Taehyung waved his hand, trying to get Jungkook's attention. The younger swore Taehyung's lips were moving, but he heard nothing.
 

The next thing he was able to register before knocking out was a dull knife to his neck. When did Taehyung get behind him? Why was everything moving in slow motion. He could feel Taehyung’s arm around his waist, moving him closer to the escape exit.

The last thing he saw was a black haired boy pointing a gun. Maybe Jungkook was wrong about everything.