Separated

I Hate You (Don't Leave Me)

When Jungkook woke up, the first thing he saw was a boy with his back against a closed door. He was breathing heavily.
 

Jungkook groaned, rubbing his eyes to get a better look at the boy. His hair was black and he looked hurt. He was gripping his right shoulder and had a gun in his hand.
 

The younger backed up until his back hit the wall. He didn't know who the stranger was and he was in the room alone with him. Jungkook needed to find something to defend himself with quick.
 

“Don't be scared.” Jungkook heard the boy say. “I won't hurt you.” the stranger cringed at his shoulder pain
 

Jungkook bit his tongue the second he saw Jimin come from the bathroom.
 

“You're awake! Are you okay? What did he do to you?” Jimin badgered Jungkook.
 

Jungkook just shook his head. He couldn't remember anything.
 

Jimin sighed. “Hoseok is safe by the way, he's in the bathroom, he has a pretty deep cut on his arm, but I think he’ll be fine.”
 

Jungkook looked over at the stranger.
 

“Oh, he's Yoongi, Hoseok said they were able to survive together, but lost each other afterwards.” Jimin explained as if he read Jungkook’s mind.
 

Jungkook slowly stood up, staying quiet. Jimin handed him a gun before going over Yoongi and checking on his shoulder.
 

“It ing hurts.” Yoongi cursed.
 

“It's either sprained or broken. How did it happen?” Jimin asked.
 

“Hoseok told me to get that kid away from Taehyung. The first time I tried one of those huge things grabbed me by the arm.” the new addition to the team explained.
 

“Where is he?” Jungkook finally spoke up.
 

“Taehyung? Outside of the door. We haven't heard any movement since we were able to bring you up here.”
 

“Why aren't they bursting in?” Jungkook asked.
 

The boy, Yoongi, held up a crushed yellow/red rose in his hand. “These things, they don't have scents, I don't know why yet, but those things run away from them.”
 

“Maybe it's something we can't smell, but they can? Like how human eyes can't see certain things, but a camera could?” Jimin suggested.
 

Jungkook ran his fingers through his hair, overwhelmed by everything.
 

“There's a search team, All we have to do is set off my firework and we can finally leave.” Jimin added in smaller voice, trying to lighten the mood.
 

Hoseok walked out from the bathroom, throwing bulletproof vests on the bed.
 

“I raided a store for these, just before I saw that green firework. I know those things don't have guns, but maybe it'll protect us from their sharp nails.” Hoseok said, pointing to the healing scratch on his arm.
 

The boys quickly put on the vests, Jimin helping Yoongi put his on.
 

“What's our plan?” Jungkook asked.
 

Jimin pointed at the window. “Shoot my yellow firework from there?”
 

“One rose won't protect us for long.” Yoongi said.
 

Jungkook peeked out the window. It was night. He could see the moon and stars clearly.
 

“What about this search team? What if they don't see it?” Jungkook interrogate.
 

“That's the risk we take. We could try and get more.” Yoongi answered.
 

“How did you find out about it?” Hoseok asked.
 

“I heard it on a radio I wired. Something about a helicopter rescue that was dispatched yesterday morning.”
 

Jimin hummed, taking out his firework. “Then we’ll set it off once we-”
 

“Shhhh!” Hoseok shushed. “Do you hear that?”
 

The boys listened intently. It was the sound of grunting.
 

“We have to go back to the woods.” Jimin spoke up. “Our scent will be covered there.”
 

“The woods?” Jungkook questioned before looking at the crushed flower on the floor. “Those flowers are in the woods.” he pointed, remembering the dead looking flowers.
 

The three other boys stared at the flower.
 

“What do we do about Taehyung?” Hoseok asked, making sure all their guns were fully loaded.
 

“If we set off a firework he’ll know where we are.” Yoongi said.
 

“He knows we are locked in this room, why isn't he bursting through the doors?”
 

“What if those things killed him? I mean, can he really control them? Maybe he wasn't part of them and had his own plan all along?” Hoseok suggested.
 

Jungkook sighed, walking over to the flower and picking it up, shoving it in his pocket.
 

“Let's get out of here quick before they find us.” Jungkook held onto the door handle.
 

“We’ll go to the forest and camp out in the trees, and then set off the firework.” Hoseok said.


Yoongi looked out the window up at the sky. “Guys, look.”
 

There was a helicopter in the air, lights blasting.
 

“Is that the search team?” Jimin asked, watching it. He stood pretty close to yoongi.
 

“What…What else happened while I was knocked out?” Jungkook asked, staring at the two boys, ignoring the subject.  
 

The duo raised their eyebrows. “You were only knocked out about half an hour, at least.” Jimin informed.
 

“Oh…” Jungkook bit his lip. “Let's go before they get too far.” Jungkook shook his head, he’ll worry about his relationships when they are safe.
 

Jungkook opened the door and the boys walked quietly, all of them looking in different directions. They only had Jimin’s and Jungkook's survival backpack with them, Taehyung snatched Hoseok’s bag while they were in the forest.
 

“So that’s why he had your firework.” Jungkook mumbled.
 

They were stealthily making their way out of the house, weapons out and ready to kill when then heard the grunting noise increase.
 

Jimin handed his backpack to Jungkook.
 

“If we get attacked, run and climb a tree to set off the firework, okay?” Jimin whispered.
 

“What? Why me?”
 

“Because you're the quickest one out of all of us.” Jimin explained. “Just run and don't look back.”
 

Jungkook took the backpack, slipping it over his shoulders. “Okay.” he hoped it wouldn't come down to that.
 

The four held their breaths, waiting for another noise. They made it to the grassy field before one of the creatures ran out of the forests, straight towards Jungkook.
 

Without thinking, Jungkook fired off all his bullets until the trigger wouldn't release anymore. He heard more shots ring out, so loud his ears were starting to ring. Jungkook felt a hand push on his shoulder.
 

It was Jimin signaling him to run. Jungkook bit his tongue and ran into the forest.
 

“Where is he going!? He’ll be found right away!” Hoseok yelled.
 

“Don't worry, he has that rose in his pocket, they won't find him.” Jimin answered.
 

They were all scared. They were hoping Jungkook would make it and catch the eye of the helicopter.

“Jimin!” Yoongi shouted aiming his gun above the brown haired boy.
 

Jimin fell to the ground, he felt the push and heard the scrapes, but his vest protected him for the most part, although he sprained his wrist trying to keep himself up from the harsh fall.

He turned and tried to crawl away from the giant monster. Hoseok fired off his shots and watched while creature fell down on his back with a loud thud.