Cry

I Hate You (Don't Leave Me)


Jungkook tossed and turned restlessly. He sat up and fluffed his pillow before dropping his head down on it, sinking into it.
 

The youngest eyed the ceiling. He fixated on a certain spot, squinting his eyes trying to figure out what the sudden stain was. 'How can someone stain a ceiling?' he sighed, looking to his left.
 

'What do we do now? Live with each other? I should just let them go to that ing 'manor.' It's not my problem... not my problem.' Jungkook closed his eyes softly, repeating the words while flaring his nostrils. His thoughts began consuming him. From the day he first entered the new school, to being admitted to a hospital for a punctured lung, to being one of the only survivors in this invasion.
 

Jungkook breathed out his flooding thoughts angrily. The memory of hiding in the closet, watching everyone he knew being maimed by those beasts, listening to the bones and flesh being ripped apart, shutting his eyes with hope that he wouldn't be found, feeling the blood splatter creep its way through the closet cracks, smearing Jungkook’s face.

'Blood...' Jungkook cringed remembering the feeling, wiping his cheek in memory. 'Why does this feel too real?' Jungkook opened his eyes staring at his bloody fingertips. His eyes widened immediately as he felt another dark, red drop hit his cheek.
 

Jungkook quickly squirmed away from the bed, crawling off it, scared out of his mind as he watched the blood drip from the ceiling, the off-white, darkened color of the stain was now a blood red, mockingly shedding tears at Jungkook's troubles "J-JIMIN!!" he yelled.

Jimin dropped the towel he was using to dry his hair, he stood there registering his name being yelled.
 

'J-Jun-Jungkook...?' Jimin thought as he processed the voice that cried for his help.
 

"JUNGKOOK-" ran out of his room and into Jungkook's within seconds, being trailed by Taehyung.
 

The boys stared at the shivering Jungkook, wondering what was wrong.

"Jungkook," Jimin walked closer, hearing the dripping sound. He stopped and diverted his eyes to where Jungkook was staring. His eyes wandered up, watching the blood soaked spot in the ceiling.
 

"What the-" Taehyung spoke Jimin's thoughts.
 

The eldest shook off the scene and helped Jungkook up, feeling his shaky body against his, staring at the blood dripping down Jungkook's cheek. Jimin took him into the bathroom while Taehyung stayed in the bedroom, staring at the ceiling with his hands in his pockets. He held his mouth open wondering how this is suddenly appearing now.
 

'It's fresh.' Taehyung concluded, before snapping out of his thoughts. The blonde haired boy grabbed a bucket and placed it on the bed to catch the drips as Jimin tried to calm Jungkook down.
 

"Stand there." Jimin told Jungkook, pointing in front of the sink.
 

Jimin began washing Jungkook's cheek while the younger stared into the mirror, watching his hair shake.
 

"Jungkook..." Jimin washed his hands. "Are you ok...?" he asked as he finished, turning to the shocked boy with sympathetic, yet revealing eyes.
 

Jungkook blinked and began nodding. "Where-" Jungkook couldn't finish his question and looked down at the sink. 'Damn it Jungkook, stop being a baby or else he'll treat you like one!' the shaken up boy thought, biting his tongue in anger at his own actions.

"Where did it come from?" Jimin finished his question, tilting his head.
 

The brown haired boy nodded and leaned against the wall, facing Jimin. 'Get over it...toughen up.' Jungkook commanded himself.
 

"The attic? Wherever it is, it needs to be gone before the scent becomes strong enough." Jimin crossed his arms, staring at Jungkook.
 

Jungkook looked down, trying to stop shaking before feeling Jimin's arms around his waist.
 

"Don't be scared. Nothing's gonna happen to you, ok? I won't let it happen." Jimin confessed.
 

Jungkook stood there, in a maze of conflicted thoughts. 'I can protect myself... but I don't want your warm embrace to disappear.' Jungkook was fed up with thinking and wrapped his arms around Jimin's neck, not caring about his thoughts for a moment of bliss.
 

"I'm doing what feels right." Jungkook spoke aloud, smiling a bit.
 

"What feels right?" Jimin questioned at the sudden words.
 

"I mean-" Jungkook blushed slightly.
 

"It's ok. You don't have to explain." Jimin smiled, wanting to relieve the situation rather than crossing the lines of stress.
 

'Why do I feel protected in your arms? Why is a simple hug making me feel safe?' Jungkook closed his eyes in his enjoyment of relief.
 

Taehyung turned the knob, opening the door to the bathroom, demolishing Jungkook's blithe satisfaction. "Oh, um, sorry to interrupt the moment but," Taehyung rubbed his neck. "What are we gonna do?"
 

The boys pulled apart from each other, each one regretting leaving each others sanctuary.
 

Jimin looked at Jungkook. "Obviously you're not gonna be sleeping in that room anymore. Separate bedrooms isn't working. We all need to be together." Jimin sighed at the feeling of returning back to his alert and cautious self.
 

The two other boys nodded.
 

"Should we check out where that blood is coming from?" Taehyung asked.
 

"I'm pretty sure we all know where it came from..." Jungkook said under his breath grimly. The room grew silent before Jimin walked out to close Jungkook's door.
 

"Did you spray-"
 

"I did. Perfume, cologne, hair products. But the smell is just gonna get worse." Taehyung interrupted.
 

"I guess we have no choice but to check." Jimin looked at the attic entrance and sighed again.
 

"Do you want to stay here Jungkook?" the eldest asked, turning his attention toward Jungkook.
 

Jungkook shook his head. 'I don't want to be alone.' he thought.
 

Taehyung looked through the suitcases and handed everyone a flashlight after making sure they worked. "Should we take weapons too?"
 

"We've opened the attic stairs before, nothing was there. If something was there, it would've killed us by now." Jungkook spoke up. "Right?"
 

Jimin nodded. "But it'll be just in case. It won't hurt to have the guns with us." Jimin left to his room to retrieve them, loading and cocking them before giving the younger ones the guns. "I'm still not completely sure if they can hear or not so don't pull the trigger unless necessary." Jimin stated.

The boys nodded slowly and followed Jimin down the hall to the attic. "Ready?" Jimin asked as he gripped the handle, preparing to pull down the steps, leading them into a puzzle of darkness.