Hoseok

I Hate You (Don't Leave Me)


Taehyung turned in his sleep, unable to find the right position.
 

"Uhg..." Taehyung sat up, stretching his shoulders around, laying a hand over the back of his neck.
 

The boy got out of the bed and stretched his sore muscles, bending variously. "Ahh, jinja, this ing hurts." Taehyung groaned as he gripped his shoulder, still rotating it as he walked in the kitchen.
 

"Orange..." Taehyung rubbed his eyes, opening the refrigerator and grabbing orange juice. He eyed the fruits at the bottom and decided to go the extra mile. They're going to spoil soon anyway.
 

The cupboards were flung open and a glass cup was stolen from it, along with a wooden tray. He cut up the fruits neatly and placed them on the tray. Taehyung tried to keep his eyes wide opened while pouring the juice. He was getting sleepy again.

Taehyung yawned and fidgeted quickly with juice and spilled some as he heard the sound of the wood creaking. He turned to see his rooms door. Still open. 'Maybe it was Jungkook or Jimin...' Taehyung thought and brushed the sound off quickly, maneuvering to the sink and grabbing paper towels.
 

Taehyung cleaned the table and crouched down to clean the floor. He held his hand on the table for support.
 

Two legs stood stiff near the opening of the kitchen. Taehyung spied through the chairs and traced his fingers over the knife on the table, gripping it. But that's when he heard it. The gun cocking.
 

Taehyung let go of the knife, figuring his best odds were to talk his way out of it. What does a knife have on a gun anyway? Not speed. Taehyung lifted his hands up and slowly stood up, staring at the black haired boy in front him. The boy held the gun firmly. He seemed ready to kill. Fearless.
 

"Who are you." The question came out as more of a demand with a steady voice.
 

Taehyung scanned his face. Something about it seemed friendly, but deadly as well. His hair was messily spiked. And his eyes never left Taehyung’s.
 

"I think I should be asking you that question. Who the hell are you?"
 

"You're cocky. What are doing here." he spoke in the same demanding tone.
 

"It's my temporary home." Taehyung answered willingly. "Your turn."
 

"What?" He asked, sounding surprised this time "Only you?"
 

"No."
 

The stranger lowered his gun. "Jungkook and that other boy too?"
 

Taehyung cocked his head and lowered his arms. "How do you know Jungkook?"
 

"I've known him for a long time... I'm Hoseok or Jungkook calls me J-Hope."
 

"I'm Taehyung." The boys relieved the tension in the air. He's glad that this boy doesn't seem to be an enemy. They have enough of those already.
 

"Is it just you three?" Hoseok asked, watching Taehyung intently. Something about the boy was off. The older tilted his head, trying to profile the boy. Hoseok was known to know a lot about someone by just watching them for five minutes. 'Confident, but cautious.' Hoseok eyed the knife on the table. 'But why did he choose to let go of a protective weapon...?'
 

"Well, four now." Taehyung ate one the fruit slices.
 

Hoseok sat down on the chair across from Taehyung. "And you're not gonna share?" Hoseok grinned, immediately trusting the boy as he saw more of him through those few seconds.
 

"I don't know you. You're not my friend." Taehyung looked up blankly. "I don't have to share." Taehyung gathered his snacks and walked passed Hoseok.
 

Hoseok laughed to himself. "Yet." He sat there still smiling.
 

"Hyung! Stop that! You're always smiling like that!" Jungkook pouted as he squirted Hoseok with a water gun. "Get mad!"
 

Slowly, his smile disappeared at the memory. 'There's no time for smiling anymore...' Hoseok sighed and scratched the back of his head, getting up and checking up on the boys.
 

Hoseok trudged in their room for the first time. He saw Taehyung stuffing his face by a desk and the other two boys sprawled out on each other as they slept soundly.
 

"Are you the same age as Jungkook?"
 

"I'm a little older." Taehyung answered, drinking his orange juice before making a discomforting face. 'Oh man, already rotten?'
 

"Good. I wanna hear you call me hyung from now on." Hoseok stared at Taehyung.

Taehyung stared back, setting his juice on the table. "Ok, Hoseok."
 

"And since I'm obviously the oldest here, I guess that makes me leader." Hoseok leaned against the wall, crossing his arms.
 

"Leader?" Taehyung eyed him through his bangs. "We work together."
 

Hoseok shook his head, laughing softly and walked back to his room, sprawling in his bed with his hands behind his head. 'The only one I can trust right now is Jungkook.'
 

Hoseok didn't like the idea of strangers sleeping in the same room as his childhood friend. He sighed. 'Well, I guess if they wanted to kill him, they would've done it already.'
 

Hoseok bit the inside of his lip. convincing himself to stay up the night to make sure. Be a guard. To hear nothing and everything.
 

'I guess I can trust him.' Taehyung stared at Jungkook.
 

He stretched one more time before walking up to Jungkook and shaking him.

"Hey. Wake up." Taehyung continued shaking Jungkook, making sure not to wake Jimin up.
 

Jungkook whined and opened his eyes slowly. "What?"
 

"Why didn't you say anything about this new guy staying with us?"
 

"You were passed out." Jungkook reminded Taehyung.
 

"Is he your ex or something? He looks too old for you." Taehyung profiled.
 

"Shut up Tae." Jungkook nuzzled in his pillow.
 

"Tae? Since when did I allow you to call me that?"
 

"Since when have you had this attitude? Damn." Jungkook groaned and covered his ears. "He's trustworthy ok? He helped save our lives."
 

Taehyung laughed softly at the complaint but quickly widened his eyes when the memories of that day flashed by. His shoulders started to hurt again and he attempted to massage them.
 

Taehyung watched Jimin. His breathing was irregular. 'He's been awake.' Taehyung thought as he stared at Jimin's eyelids.
 

"What is it between you two?" Taehyung asked as he stared at the seemingly sleeping Jimin.
 

"What are you talking about?" Jungkook answered. "Who?"
 

"You two cuddle up against each other. You think I don't know what you two have been hiding?" Taehyung still directed his question toward Jimin.
 

"Hyung, shut up and go to sleep. You're losing your ." Jungkook complained in his pillow, unaware that he wasn't the one to be answering.
 

'What are you after?' Taehyung sighed and laid next to Jimin, watching as the elder’s arm draped around Jungkook. 'I get middle next time.' Taehyung got up again and walked to Hoseok’s room.
 

"Hey." Taehyung opened his door
 

Hoseok tilted his head to the doorway, still in his previous position. "What's up?"

Taehyung stared at him. "I need to to talk to you."
 

"What's there to talk about?" he asked, watching Taehyung nearing him.

"We can't stay here. We need to convince Jungkook and Jimin to get their asses up and leave this death trap."
 

"And go where?" Hoseok raised his eyebrow.
 

"That mansion across the river. The river is gonna provide us some protection at least. We could build a fence around it."
 

"A mansion? That's a lot more work." Hoseok doubted.
 

"It's better than mouse traps on the floor." Taehyung glared.
 

"I guess you're right but... We have to lock every window, every exit, every entrance. And we'd need to carry all the food we can gather, and we'd lose the supply downstairs." Hoseok sat up.
 

"Well now that you're here, there's four of us. We can fill our bags and bring them along. Plus the mansion has a lot of hiding places, especially in high up areas where those gruesome things can't find us." Taehyung defended.
 

"What if we run out of weapons?"
 

"We still have that same problem here... We are gonna have to find an armory shop or something and raid their . Taking any and all weapons. Who knows what we could use as protection in one of those stores. I'm sure it's better than 5-round glocks we have now."
 

Hoseok thought about it and rationalized that it would be safer to live in a mansion rather than a beaten down convenience store.
 

"How do we know those things aren't living in it already?"
 

"We'll do a search, and besides, they all are going east right now." Taehyung surmised. "The mansion is up north."
 

"I think we should talk with them about it first..." Hoseok suggested
 

"Are you on my side at least?" Taehyung tilted his head.
 

"I guess it would be a good idea, but I'm still not sure about the cons for it. Maybe Jungkook and Jimin know something we don't."
 

Taehyung groaned. "I've thought about it all day and night. The only danger is getting there and obtaining weapons. I'd take that risk if it means our lives."
 

Hoseok stared at him. "So what do we do right now?"
 

"Pack." Taehyung said quickly. "I can tell you're not going to be sleeping anyway. Might as well do something useful. Plus, Jungkook and Jimin won't complain about it being a con later."

"...Alright." Hoseok agreed.