Stranger

I Hate You (Don't Leave Me)


Jimin quickly looked behind him and stood up. He grabbed Jungkook’s hand and led him to the attic quietly.
 

"You stay up there, okay? Don't make any noise." Jimin warned.
 

"Wait! What about you?" Jungkook whispered loudly.
 

"I'm gonna check the video cameras before the battery dies out." Jimin answered.

Jungkook held onto Jimin’s arm to keep him from going.
 

"No, either you come up with me or we both go." Jungkook stated firmly.
 

Jimin sighed. He didn't have time to argue. "Uhg. Fine." Jimin gave a gun to Jungkook. "Be careful."
 

He snatched the gun away. "I know what to do." Jungkook felt angered at the fact Jimin was babying him. 'I can handle myself . I'll show you I'm not the baby you think I am.'
 

The boys quietly walked towards the door. Jimin grabbed the keys and silently unlocked it. "Wait." Jimin went back to the attic and left the stairs leading to it down. "Just in case we need to hide fast." He explained and proceeded.
 

Jungkook nodded and followed Jimin. They walked down the stairs and peeked into the convenience store. No movement. Jungkook held his teeth from chattering. 'C'mon Jungkook, you can do this.' He reassured himself. Jungkook stepped in front of Jimin and bravely walked a few steps in.
 

"What are you doing!?" Jimin quietly scolded.
 

"Shhh!" Jungkook hushed.
 

Jimin stared at his transformation from a frail, little boy to a beaming, confident protector. He followed and they held their weapons high and ready. They crept around the crevices professionally.
 

"Jimin." Jungkook whispered.
 

Jimin looked at Jungkook who was pointing at a broken light bulb on the ground. "Maybe it was just loose."
 

Jimin nodded and loosened up a little. "I checked the front door and it isn't damaged."
 

"Jimin." A whisper traveled behind the older.
 

Jungkook stared at the person behind him and raised the gun to aim at his head. Jimin turned around and scanned the silhouette.
 

The stranger raised his hands in the air. "No, it's okay. It's me, Taehyung." He pleaded.
 

Grabbing his flashlight, Jimin quickly turned it on revealing his close friend’s face.
 

"Taehyung..." Jimin mumbled.
 

Jungkook lowered his gun. "Who?" The black haired boy interrogated.
 

"He's my friend." Jimin answered.
 

"Y-You survived?" Taehyung asked, stuttering a bit. "I-I thought-"
 

Jimin interrupted, voice shaking. "How did you survive?"
 

"I was on the roof... You know, our ditch spot. I saw that..." Taehyung paused remembering the black swirl hurdling towards the school. "ship...coming. I ran back down and hid in the locker room.." He explained how he crammed into one of the lockers and watched the horror show through the slits in the locker.
 

After his story ended, the boys decided to move upstairs where it's safer. They maneuvered through the mouse traps and made their way to the door. Once they stepped inside, Jimin closed and locked it securely after checking the cameras. All three sat at the kitchen table discussing each other's survival story.
 

Jungkook seemed unsettled about Taehyung. He found himself repeatedly staring at him, trying to find at least one single flaw in his story. Every question Jungkook asked was answered perfectly. 'He has a damn answer for everything.' Jungkook complained to himself.
 

Jungkook thought back. In school, he'd see him with Jimin all the time. Always hugging to greet each other, eating lunch together, ditching together, even giving Jungkook the dirty eye together.
 

'I don't like this...' Jungkook looked off somewhere else as Jimin and Taehyung talked.
 

"Ok, so we'll all sleep in the same room." Jimin announced, getting Jungkooks attention.
 

"What?" The younger of the two questioned. "You trust him!?"
 

Taehyung stared at Jungkook, lost as to what was happening.
 

"He's my best friend! Why wouldn't I!?" Jimin answered back as forceful as Jungkook, shocked at his reaction.
 

Jungkook stared at Jimin and walked off into another room to cool down. 'What the is he thinking? What if he's infected!? What if he leads the alien things to us!? He doesn't think at all. !' Jungkook vented to himself, squeezing the apple he prepared by his bed for a midnight snack until it juiced out.
 

"What was that about?" Taehyung asked looking at the entryway Jungkook left through.
 

"He's just a crybaby. He's sensitive as ." Jimin said, annoyed at the actions.
 

"Why are you even with him?" Taehyung gave a disapproving stare.
 

"W-With him?" Jimin eyed Taehyung widely, slightly blushing.
 

Taehyung tilted his head. "Yeah, You know everyone hates.... hated... him."
 

"I know… but-" Jimin stopped his words when he saw Taehyung raising his eyebrow.  "Never mind… but we can't just abandon him..."
 

"I know, but be careful… he hates us too." Taehyung said standing up. "You never know… he could turn his back on us." He stuffed his hands in his pockets.
 

"Yeah..." Jimin paused. "I'm glad you survived." He flashed a smile
 

Taehyung returned the smile and hugged him. "I'm glad you did too."
 

After Jungkook cooled off, he entered the kitchen again, not expecting to see Jimin hugging Taehyung. He scoffed to himself and rolled his eyes. 'I don't give a anymore.' Jungkook moved to the fridge and grabbed a new snack.
 

"It's getting late." Jimin scratched the back of his head. "We should all go to sleep." He smiled.
 

Jungkook ignored Jimin and walked back to his room. Jimin sighed to himself and followed, having Taehyung tailing.
 

"We're all sleeping in this room." Jimin said.
 

"No. You two can sleep in the other room." Jungkook disagreed. "There's not enough room in one bed here."
 

"I'm not leaving you to sleep by yourself." Jimin protected.
 

"I'm sick and tired of you treating me like a baby! I can handle myself! Leave me the alone! You hate me anyway, why the do you care?" Jungkook teared up at the end of his screech. He rubbed his eyes to keep from crying. 'Why do I like you?'
 

"I think he's right Jimin." Taehyung placed a hand on Jimin’s shoulder.
 

"Fine." Jimin said, not wanting to argue further, angered and hurt by Jungkook’s words. He shook Taehyung’s hand off of his shoulder and stormed out the room into the one adjacent to it.
 

He stopped and secured every door and window along with closing the attic entrance. He walked back to his room, where Taehyung was sitting on the bed.
 

"He's right Jimin. Why do you care about him?" Taehyung asked, concerned.
 

Jimin shook his head. "Maybe I shouldn't even try anymore..."
 

As the doors closed and locked for both rooms, the boys fell asleep. Jungkook hugging the pillow Jimin slept on, pondering in his thoughts. 'How did this Taehyung even enter this shop without setting any of the alarms off?' Jungkook shook his head. 'Is it really alright to fall asleep with him here?' He kept his eyes open. 'I wish it was only me and Jimin...'

Taehyung and Jimin crawled into their bed, backs facing each other. 'Something doesn't feel right.' Jimin thought as he closed his eyes. 'Something's missing… from my arms… I'm sorry.' He thought as he fell asleep thinking about Jungkook.