Free

I Hate You (Don't Leave Me)

A/N - I wanna let you guys know that the reason why this chapter is shorter than the last is because it was part of the last chapter, but I decided to seperate them. Also thanks to everyone who read all these chapters, subscribed and especially commented, it's time to close it out. Hope this ending is good enough!!

 

Jungkook, almost like a squirrel, climbed up the closest tree and settled himself onto a sturdy, high up branch before rummaging through his backpack. He pulled out the lighter and the firework, trying to spark up the lighter. Jungkook always hated heights. Being up this high on a branch reminded him of when he hid in the coat closet the day of the invasion.

 

The youngest looked up at the sky, eyeing one of search helicopters. He bit his lip and ignited the stem of the firework, positioning straight away and away from any branches or leaves.
 

Jimin looked around, trying to spot the younger, but couldn't find him. He was so focused on Jungkook’s safety that he neglected his own.
 

“Jimin! Pay attention!” Hoseok called out as he watched Yoongi take down another monster behind Jimin.
 

“Don't get distracted!”
 

“He should've set it off by now, I'm gonna go look for him!” Jimin yelled back, running off after Jungkook's footsteps, calling out his name.
 

Jimin ran off into the forest with the other two trailing him.
 

“Jungkook!” Jimin called out, searching the tree tops.
 

“Jimin wait!” Yoongi called out, bending down and grabbing a hand full of roses, handing them out to the other two. “Let's split up and look for him.”
 

Hoseok opened his mouth to turn down the offer, but Jimin spoke first.
 

“No, we need to stay together and find him.” Jimin said boldly. “We don't have time to stop and plan, I need to make sure he's ok.”
 

Yoongi sighed and continued following after Jimin, having all three boys calling the younger's name.
 

“Are you two close?” Yoongi asked.
 

Jimin shook his head. “I hate him, but I can't leave him. I promised I would take care of him.”
 

Yoongi kept his on Jimin. He knew those two had a weird aura when they were together. They hate each other, but are willing to protect each other. Yoongi thought that was strange.
 

Hoseok sighed and kept his eyes on the sky, watching one of the helicopters. He was about to look away when he saw remnants of a firework off in the distance. “Guys over there! I saw it!”
 

Hoseok dashed in the distance of the firework, leaving the other two behind.
 

“I didn't hear it, did you?” Yoongi asked Jimin, but Jimin shook his head in response before going after Hoseok.
 

Yoongi stayed still and listened to the sounds of the forest before deciding to follow after the two boys.
 

After Hoseok made it to a tree he was certain the firework was shot from, he called out Jungkook’s name.
 

Hoseok watched one of the helicopters descending to his area.
 

“Jungkook! Where are you?” Hoseok yelled as the other two boys finally arrived.
 

Jimin heard someone in the helicopter telling something as they dropped a rope ladder for them to climb, but he was too focused on finding Jungkook.
 

Yoongi gripped onto the rope and started climbing up first.
 

Once Yoongi made it inside the helicopter, another firework was shot off in the distance and this time Jimin saw it.
 

“Hoseok, tell them to search over there too.” Jimin hollered as he ran off in the direction of the new firework before Hoseok could object.
 

Jimin rushed through greenery until he heard his name being called.
 

He looked and saw Jungkook climbing down from a tree.
 

“That other firework, it wasn't me.” Jungkook said. “I was gonna set mine off but I saw Taehyung roaming around and I-”
 

“Where? Where did you see him?” Jimin questioned.
 

“He ran in the same direction you came from. I had to put out the fuse when I saw him.”
 

Jimin raised his eyebrow. Why would Taehyung set off a firework to signal a rescue team? To trap them? Or to escape himself?
 

Jimin's thinking was cut short when he heard the sounds of the helicopter.
 

“Let's get out of here.” Jimin said, looking up, watching the rope ladder reaching them.
 

Jungkook sighed at the sight.
 

“You first.” Jimin said.
 

Jungkook gripped onto the ladder, climbing up. He smiled seeing Hoseok peeking out of the side.
 

Jimin followed after Jungkook, he settled himself next to Jungkook.
 

The helicopter started ascending again and all the boys were relieved. Yoongi and Hoseok fell asleep right away.
 

Jimin leaned back in his seat and smiled. They were finally leaving.
 

“Jimin?” Jungkook said, having Jimin hum in response. “Why are you staring at me, it's creepy.” Jungkook snickered.
 

Jimin blinked. He didn't realize he was staring at the younger. Jimin mentally groaned and leaned his head against the seat.
 

Jungkook watched the older. “Do we still hate each other?” Jungkook asked in a soft voice.
 

Jimin looked back at Jungkook who was currently looking down at his lap.
 

“Of course we do.” Jimin laughed and watched Jungkook's lips form a smile.
 

Jungkook slipped his fingers through Jimins and they stayed holding hands the entire ride.
 

Once the helicopter landed, all the boys rushed out and stretched their sore muscles
 

“Finally!” Yoongi said.
 

Jungkook yawned and Jimin smiled, still holding hands with each other. He couldn't shake the feeling of how good it felt to not worry anymore, and the feeling of holding Jungkook's hand wasn't bad either.
 

Hoseok turned to the pilot. “Thank you.”
 

The pilot, whose name tag read Namjoon, smiled. “Don’t thank me, thank your friend. He told us where to find you guys. He didn't give up until we found you.”
 

Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows at the words, trying to figure out what the pilot meant. “I'm sorry, but which friend?”
 

“The orange haired one,” Namjoon paused and looked up, pointing in front of him. “Him.”
 

Jimin's relief of finally getting out of the danger zone disappeared when he looked up in front of him, staring at the eyes of his ex-best friend.
 

“Taehyung?”
 

Taehyung just smirked in response.
 

Jimin looked back at Yoongi for an answer but Yoongi simply shrugged. He had no clue and was just as angered and confused.
 

Jimin stared at Taehyung. Taehyung’s eyes were somewhere else though. They were staring next to him, straight at Jungkook.



END