Victims

I Hate You (Don't Leave Me)


"Yah, Jimin hurry up!" Jin shouted into the school bathroom.
 

"Hold up." Jimin responded, washing his hands slowly, sounds of the faulty sink water rushing out filled the room, echoing off the dirty walls. Of course he'll take his time to miss seconds of class.
 

"You take too long to piss bro." Jin hollered as he walked away, returning to his class.
 

Jimin laughed to himself. He looked into the faded, scratched mirror. He remembered the day when he first met Jin.
 

"Yah! Jimin, he blocked your kick!" Jin shouted at his friends poor soccer skills.


"He was in the way!" Jimin yelled back.
 

"He's the goalie! That's what he's suppose to do !" Jin scolded, kicking the crisp, green grass below him.


"Goalie my !"

 

Jimin reminisced. The words echoed in his head as a smile crept upon his face.
 

He lowered his head to the running sink. Cupping water into his hands, he splashed his face with the icy cold water.
 

Jimin dried his face with his black, buttoned up, sleeveless shirt, feeling awakened. He placed his hands at the sides of the sink. The 17 year old eyed the flooded sink. The sound of dripping water disturbed the silence and rippled the water.
 

The ripples grew bigger and more violent with the passing second. His hands felt the sink shaking and he heard the mirror rattling. An earthquake. He looked up at the mirror grabbing a glimpse of his shaking reflection before the lights went out.
 

"Ahh, jinja?" Jimin questioned as the rumbling came to an abrupt and eerie stop.
 

Jimin looked around, trying to adjust his eyes to the bleakness. Alarms began to go off. The flashing red light in the bathroom broke the darkness in intervals of two seconds.
 

"Emergency, teachers lock your doors..." The announcer on the intercom read directions for protection.

"What?" Jimin asked, confounded at the unusual drill.
 

He took a few steps forward before he was knocked to the ground by the impact of an unknown object hitting the old building.
 

Echoing through the hallway, Jimin heard the sounds of running, screaming and then bones snapping instantly.
 

Breathing heavily, Jimin got to his feet and ran inside the bathrooms closet, though stumbling due to the now poor structure of his school. He strained keeping his footing. The closet door swung open, spilling its contents loudly on the beige tiled floor.
 

The High Schooler heard the sound of grunting and heavy breathing, certainly no noise any human could make. Sounds of overgrown sharp toenails scratching the floor were in an ear shots distance.

Jimin climbed up the closets shelves, hoping he'd be able to hide in the vent above from whatever is nearing. The shelves surprisingly supported his weight as he neared the vent. He propped the old rusted bars off, carelessly letting it fall to the ground, making his presence known.
 

"Son of a ." Jimin cursed under his breath as he wiggled his way into the air vent.
 

He stopped his movements as he heard the intruders below him, still grunting. The cleaning equipment on the floor shuffled around but soon came to a stop. Motionless, the intruders left the vacant bathroom. Jimin let out a sigh of relief and continued crawling through the spacious vent.
 

He crawled to what he saw through the marble sized holes was the hallway. He instantly smelled death. Putrid odors seeped into the vent, making Jimin use his shirt as a filter. He looked through the holes and witnessed his peers laying on the floor, bones sticking out, missing faces, pools of blood. He noticed the bloody footprints left in the hall. They seemed to have been left by triceratops himself.
 

"What the is going on?!" Jimin thought.
 

He scanned the mauled bodies, silently crying at the horror show. His eyes glistened and his tears hit the metal vent. After a few moments of grief, Jimin wiped his tears.
 

"Stop! Motherer, get away from me!" Jimin heard a faint voice shout.
 

He listened carefully. The disembodied voice ran through the halls, making its way to Jimins hall. It was a girl. She yelled for the creature to leave her alone. However, yelling only made her situation worse. She was letting herself be found.

She looked back to check the status of her followed distance. The seemingly fragile girl tripped over a severed arm and landed in a pool of blood in the middle of the hall, directly in Jimins line of sight.

Jimin watched the unknown creature creep up, finally getting a glance at what has been doing this gruesome and irreversible damage.
 

The creature was a dull grey color. Having a head slightly bigger than its body; oddly shaped with saber-type teeth throughout its jaw. It's arms stayed at its sides, perked like t-rex, serrated claws, and dinosaur-like feet, it came at the defenseless girl.
 

Jimin shut his eyes as he heard her screams and flesh being ripped. Yet another creature approached.
 

Jimin flashed his eyes open, directly seeing the 2nd creature. He was dragging a lifeless body behind him by his arm, which was attached only by a few strings of flesh. The creature flung the body onto a pile of corpses, and just before it dove in to feast, Jimin caught a glimpse of the boy.
 

"Jin!" Jimin widened his eyes.

Jimin shut his eyes again. "What the is happening, please! Please! Wake up Jimin! Wake up!" Jimin cried to himself.
 

KOWpgxWW2XnYPtsInz0BldFEUFYAwgtOtsBe5rZo


Hours passed as Jimin waited for the grey creatures to leave. He speculated that the coast was clear after not hearing anything for quite some time, though there were hundreds of them.
 

Jimin crawled out of the air vent stealthily and quietly walked out of the bathroom. He stepped into the hallway, checking left and right as he crept through out the now graveyard of a school. A few lights were still at work, thankfully.
 

Jimin walked into one of the classrooms. He stepped carefully over the bodies. Desks were flung to the windows, chalkboards had blood splatter on them. Jimin walked over to a specific desk. He checked the bodies of the students, trying to find one specific person.
 

"This is his class, where the is he?! Could he have...” Jimin trailed, thinking hopefully. He's already lost one friend, he can't lose another.
 

Jimin stuffed his hands in his pockets.

What seemed like a coat falling off its hanger disrupted Jimins thoughts. It came from the elongated closet in the room.
 

"Maybe he's...!" Jimin rushed to conclusions. The brown haired boy walked to the closet, gripping the handles.

He took a deep breath and swung the doors open.
 

"Jungkook!" Jimin shouted at the sight of Jungkook holding a BB gun in front of him, aiming at him.
 

"Jimin!" Jungkook put his gun down. "I thought you were one those grey things you !" Jungkook scolded.
 

"Where did you get that!?"
 

"I found it the teachers desk. It's loaded." Jungkook said, looking at the gun.
 

"So you got away by staying in here?" Jimin questioned.
 

"Yeah, I was putting my hoodie away when it happened, so I climbed to the top shelf." Jungkook pointed above of him. "What about you?"
 

"I was in the bathroom, so I hid in the closet and climbed into the air vent." Jimin told.
 

"Well great. Are you the only one?" Jungkook quizzed, disappointed at the idea of teaming up with Jimin for survival.
 

Jungkook and Jimin never liked each other, it was always a rivalry between the two.
 

"Yeah, I am, don't tell me you're the only other survivor." Jimin felt the same of the situation.

"I haven't seen anyone else." Jungkook folded his arms.

 

"Okay, look," Jimin began. "We have to put our hatred on hold, we have to get out of this hell hole alive and together. As much as I hate you, I'm willing to tolerate you. We all know two is better than one...." Jimin held his hand out to Jungkook. "So... Waddya say?" Jimin said stepping up to the situation.
 

Jungkook stared to his left, contemplating the situation. He blinked a few times and turned his attention to Jimin. Jungkook took Jimins hand in a firm hold.
 

"Fine. This doesn't mean anything. I'll never like you even if you save my life." Jungkook informed.
 

"That's okay, I'm the same." Jimin half smiled.
 

-FTS1Bo4KrOZqvb816E66fpLdTTdNDuOeutDcMSo
 

The boys carefully made their way through the now decrepit halls. Step by step they came closer to the teachers lounge. Jungkook opened the door and both boys cleared the area.
 

"Turn on the TV. Jimin told Jungkook as he looked around for a weapon for himself.
 

Jungkook reached the hanging TV and pushed the button. Nothing.
 

"It's broken." Jungkook hit the TV.

Jimin found nothing of use and they both walked out of the room.
 

"The lights are out." Jimin said, taking notice of the now burned out lights. "Maybe we have no power. Check your phone." Jimin pulled out his phone, as did Jungkook.
 

"No signal," Jungkook said. He put the phone to his ear.
 

"It's just static." Jungkook put his phone away.
 

"I don't think there are any more of those grey things in the school." Jimin eased up.
 

"Canus.”
 

"What did you call me?" Jimin tensed up again.
 

"No, ." Jungkook laughed. "That's what he called them."
 

"Who?"
 

"My teacher. He yelled it before they came in and... You know."
 

"Oh.." Jimin thought back at the sights he witnessed because of those creatures.

‘Why… why didn't you stay in the bathroom with me?’
 

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked Jimin, whose eyes were glistening.
 

"Yeah," Jimin sniffled. "Look, that's the rooftop exit." he pointed to the open door leading to outside. He's ditched to the roof before, though never with Jungkook. It was still daylight.

The boys ran to the exit. They ran up the stairs to the very top of the roof. But, what they saw was pure catastrophe.