adrenaline (part 1)

shh...still dreaming

By the time the frail boy has dropped down the floor with a hard ‘thud’, Luhan can still feel spasms of adrenaline flowing through his veins.

 

His mind burning with rage, his heart aflame, Luhan can’t hold his iron fist back from beating the younger senseless.

 

It didn’t have to be like this. He didn’t mean it to be like this. Before it all went wrong, Luhan was already having a bad day by the presence of his father in Korea, and the dumb Oh Se Hun just happened to be sitting in his seat, adding more fuel to the fire. Luhan was just about to scare at him, show him who the boss is around here. But one look into the boy’s innocent eyes, hazel eyes devoid of anything malevolence, something in Luhan just snapped.

 

“Stop! Luhan! Stop this right now or you will be expelled for good!”

 

Luhan gritted his teeth as the Sociology teacher dragged him to his feet and away from the bruised body on the floor. Sehun was coughing up blood, and Luhan smirked. That innocent look on Oh Se Hun’s face was the very look Luhan used to wear years ago, oblivious to the corruptions of society. It irked him.

 

“Don’t touch me!” Luhan yelled while shrugging off the hand on his elbow, yet Mr. Kim would not let go.

 

“Wu Shi Han! I am telling you this once! Don’t make me repeat myself!” Mr. Kim bellowed on the top of his lungs. The murmurings around them stopped. It was as if the world had ceased spinning. And so Luhan backed down, trying not to test his luck as the twenty-three year old teacher has always been scary if need be. Luhan knew exactly who not to mess with, even though the birth name of “Wu Shi Han”, when said, was like a needle in his eyes.

 

“ you! . You. Seongsangnim.”

 

Luhan feels the grip around his arms loosen as Mr. Kim runs to Sehun. Sehun was gagging while coughing up blood. It looked as if breathing was a difficult task for him, while every other student in the room was holding their breath..

 

“Oh Se Hun, try to slow down your breathing. Goddamnit. Breathe slowly. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale...” With his arms cradling the younger’s head, the Sociology teacher was in panic himself. It amused Luhan how Kim Jong In could be calm and stentorian one second, just to lose his composure the next. How Oh Se Hun, a child too young to know the asperity of life, could draw such a reaction from Kim Jong In, is something Luhan wouldn’t mind looking into.

 

“Let me in! Let me in!”

 

Aruptly, Chanyeol, out of nowhere, was screaming for people to make way. The whole classroom was in chaos as the giant pushed his way in near Sehun. Luhan widened his eyes at the scene unraveling before him.

 

What is this? What the hell is he doing?

 

Park Chanyeol sent him a deadly glare, which was beyond explanation as they both have been on good terms with each other. Frantically, Chanyeol ran towards the direction of Sehun’s school bag and poured the contents onto the floor. Nobody knew what the young Hallyu idol was up to.

 

Luhan diverted his gaze to the Oh Sehun writhing in pain. It reminded him greatly of a dying fish. Mr. Kim was about to pick Sehun up, the later’s dilated eyes indicating his fading consciousness.

 

Then, murmurs roar into a commotion, blocking Luhan’s stream of thoughts. Chanyeol picked up an inhaler somewhere in the piles of textbooks and ran towards Sehun with teary eyes. Nobody knew of how the idol’s heart was beating erratically in his ribcage, threatening to jump out.

 

“Oh my god...Oh my god... Oh my god... Sehunnie you have to wake up...” Chanyeol was already sobbing when Sehun took his first breath. Luhan wanted to yell at him to shut up, but the situation didn’t look too good for him at the moment. After a while, Sehun’s breathing was stable again.

 

In the corner of his eyes, Luhan saw Zitao sending him an apologetic look as Mr. Kim drags him away. “To the principle office,” Mr.Kim said, his voice icy and devoid of emotion. Luhan knew Kim Jong In was mad angry when he tried to keep his cool and let Chanyeol take Sehun into the infirmary instead.  Chanyeol picked Sehun up easily, as if picking up a sack of feathers. And it amused Luhan even more. Even when Jongin’s iron grip was beginning to hurt his forearm.

 

Smirking, Luhan fixed his vest and tie, awaiting another tedious parent-teacher conference and a lot of nagging in store for him. His father hates these parent-teacher conferences. He hates it when his sons ‘malfunction’.

 

It was actually a good thing, he thought, to actually challenge his almighty father again. He had always hated the man in the guts, ever since they moved to Canada a few years ago and the older completely neglected his sons. When Luhan went to Korea to study, the hatred subsided for a while. Now that his father was back, this time making a bigger business in Korea, Luhan felt uneasy yet again.

 

Luhan thought this as the corridors felt longer and longer under his feet. Then he thought about Oh Se Hun and how the younger managed to make him snap. Bony arms, pale cheeks and dark hair. Too bony it hurt to look at him. Too malnourished it seemed as if he hadn’t eaten in years.

 

It was those eyes, of course it was. Those eyes that lit a fire inside of him. But...why?

 

And then it occurred to him.


Those eyes shared the same color as those of Wu Yi Fan, his loving father.

 

 


a/n: sorry for the short update. it was supposed to be longer, with 3 scenes in total. but idk i decided to cut it in 2-3 parts. i feel like this chapter deals more with Luhan's conflict as a character. Idk anymore I wanna build him as a cold and nonchalant, yet belligerent character who yearns for love which he lacks as a child. as of right now he doesnt know that Sehun is his twin, due to the fact that they are raised apart and all, but when he does in future chapters its gunna be messy lol. dayum sekai and chanhun idk which to choose :3 :3

thanks for all of your comments! i lub u <3 <3 <3 please give lots of love for this story juseyo :3 <3 

snippet for next chappie: Suho remembers how his relationship with Wufan ended in blood tears. Luhan learns that Sehun is his precious Suho-ssi's son.