never too grown-up for me

shh...still dreaming

Being treated like a goddamn child .

 

Sehun wishes there is something, just anything, that beeps every time he crosses the line so that Junma would never caught him sneaking out at night. It used to be easy, getting away with things, but Junma has been strict about him going out. And it’s all good when Jongin’s the one to cover it up for him. Even so, Junma has been strange, always so nervous and angsty, as if he’s having midlife crisis. Sehun blames it all on the estrogen(?), if Junma even has one.

 

But there isn’t a beeper. And he’s not a kid. Not anymore, at least.

 

“Oh Se Hun! Didn’t I tell you not to go out at night? What if somebody kidnaps you? Would you start listening to me then?” Junmyun is wearing that frown again, the one that Sehun knows will leave wrinkles on his father’s flawless forehead. He’s downright angry. In fact, he’s beyond furious. With all the things happening to him these days, with Wu Yi Fan coming back into his life, Junmyun is undoubtedly on edge.

 

“Junma...I...”

 

“Not a word from you, young man. Go to your room. You’re grounded for the rest of your life!” Junmyun raises his voice, and regrets it immediately when he sees the tears forming in the corner of the younger’s eyes.

 

He didn’t mean it. He didn’t mean to sound so harsh. But Sehun...Sehun doesn’t know what’s in store for him, in the darkness and the hands of the devil, Wu Yi Fan. Sehun doesn’t know it would kill Junmyun if the younger is taken away from him. Sehun’s still a clueless child, but he’s Junmyun’s child, and he would protect him no matter what it costs.

 

“This is not fair! Junma! I’m all grown up. Don’t treat me like a freaking child, okay? I’m sick of being pampered like one. Can’t you just give me some freedom? It’s not like I’m doing drugs, or hang out with bad guys. Can’t you just at least, try to understand how I feel?” It didn’t take long for Sehun to finally lose it. He stands a whole head above Junmyun, a grown child he is, shouting at his own father.

 

None of them think before they speak. None of them hold back the frustrations building up in the cavity of their chest.

 

Slap.

 

Sehun widens his eyes.

 

Junma has never slapped him before.

 

Not when he turned the kitchen upside-down when he was two, throwing plates and chopsticks onto the floor and refusing to eat. Not when he was kicked out of kindergarten for being too “stupid”  for them to teach, too weak for them to handle. Not when he was not good enough a child to function properly. Not when he let Junmyun down in a city of false hope and tear-soaked dreams.

 

But now, everything changes.

 

Evrything changes when Junmyun takes Sehun by his collar and drags the younger up the stair, his chest throbbed with a sharp pain coming from his broken heart. Everything changes when Junmyun throws Sehun into his cramped bedroom, locking the door behind while his mind shuts down, dread filling his stomach. Everything changes when he yells for his son to shut up because he can’t take it no more. He can’t take the younger’s cries. They make him weak.

 

“Let me out! Let me out!” Sehun is pounding on the door, the one Junmyun is leaning against. He can’t breathe and his hands are already on the knob, wanting to unlock the damn door and pull Sehun into his tight embrace.

 

His hands are shaking. He can’t. He can’t let his emotions get the best of him. Sehun has to learn things the hard way. This is life.

 

Sehun-ah...Please understand that I’m doing this for your own good. I don’t know what I would do if they take you away...



 

///

 

Sehun doesn’t bother checking Jongin’s messages when he sinks into the mattress, sobbing his eyes out in the middle of the night. He’s sure his eyes will get swollen tomorrow and he’s going to look like crap, but he can’t stop the tears from falling. Chanyeol is staring down at him from his place on Sehun’s wall, but unlike most times, Sehun can’t feel the joy permeating from the idol. Sehun can’t even smile.

 

It’s not fair.

 

It’s not fair that Junmyun is doing all the work and he gets to lie around all day, living off Junmyun’s blood and tears. It’s not fair that he can’t even work an easy job to earn some money for his father. It’s not fair that people like Luhan can have all the riches in the world, all the fun things and intelligence and trophies up in his sleeves, while the unfortunate Sehun is locked in this poorly-conditioned room, crying a river while the slap on his cheek aches more and more.

 

No, he’s not giving up.

 

Sehun can’t give up.

 

He’s already making a good impression on his boss, Wu Yi Fan of all people, and he’s not letting go of this job.

 

Tomorrow he’s going to sneak out.

 

Yes he will. And Jongin will help him. Junma will have to go to his night shift, and Sehun will go to his. Wu Fan will pay him a good sum, he will return in time, and Junma will never have to know.







 

///



 

“You’re fired.”

 

Junmyun felt like a ton of bricks are thrown at his head.

 

“Why...What..How...I don’t understand, Mr. Choi. I have been working here for five years. I make no mistakes. I come early. The customers love me...Then why..”

 

“We have a new boss. Some Chinese guy bought the whole building complex and he’s going to turn this into some sort of a dirty host club. I’m sorry, Suho. We are replacing everyone and sad as it sounds, we have to let you go.”

 

It’s not like everyday that the club gets refurbished like this. Everything is a mess. His bar table is nowhere to be found. There is no music. People are going berserk rearranging the whole place, removing his favorite lounge chairs and carrying in some huge speakers that he sure will destroy the aesthetic aura of the bar. And Junmyun feels like God is playing mind games with him again. Talking about the neverending suffering that he has to go through.

 

“Please, Mr. Choi. I need this job. Without this job, I have nowhere else to go. I have no license to be a barista elsewhere. Please, Mr. Choi. You know I have a child to be taken care of, bills to be paid and no spouse to share the burden with me...”

 

“No is no, Suho. I’m not a nun.”

 

Junmyun isn’t aware of the tears forming in his eyes until his cheeks start to get wet. It’s like seventeen years of suffering has taken his toll on him, and there is nothing that can suppress the pain. Junmyun is truly getting old, too old for his own good.

 

“Alright, alright. I’ll take to the new boss, see if we can squeeze you in. But no barista job for you, boy. The new nazi is an uptight son of a ,” Mr. Choi grunts, and Junmyun feels like his ex-boss doesn’t like the new boss very much either.

 

“Yes, Sir. I’d do anything!” Junmyun says, before pulling the older into a choking hug.

 

There is hope.

 

And as long as there is hope, Junmyun will make sure that Sehun is safe in his arms.

 

Packing up his stuff from the locker, Junmyun dreads that he will not be doing what he love to do anymore. Sure the new job as a host won’t be half as bad as it sounds - it could be worse - but Junmyun has been a barista forever. The job he has carried from China is indeed something dear to him. It’s just sad that he won’t be able to do it anymore.

 

But thinking about Sehun again, Junmyun has to it up and do whatever he can. There is no choosing. It’s not a choice he can make. Not when he’s Kim Jun Myun, runaway from home, living under somebody’s name, and at risk of being sued for kidnapping a rich man’s son for seventeen years.

 

It could be worse.

 

And then he thinks too soon.

 

“Luhan-ssi? Luhan-ssi!”

 

And there he is, picking up a stranger from the sidewalk. A very drunk, beaten up and disheveled stranger who may or may not have flirted with him for several times last week. A stranger who is undoubtedly underage and a student in his son’s class. Luhan smells like he's had more alcohol to be considered legal, and his shirt is smeared with blotches of dried blood. He seems to have ben robbed of every penny - and expensive watch that he has. Junmyun's not surprised. Nobody in their right mind would venture into this district with their pocket full of money.

 

 

Talking about bad parenting...


(on Junmyun’s part or Luhan’s parents’ part, he would rather not think about.)

 

 


a/n: i need to focus on my studies i swear T_____T sorrynotsorry

also, if you guys want more chanhun/sekai/krisho/sudo/sulay/chanbaek/seho/hunhan/taohan...(and the list keeps going)moments please do say so, becasue i feel like this fic has become too family oriented (?). not sure if this is a good thing, though (?) but i'm trying T_____T

thank you so much for the subs and comments T____T its really nice to wake up to a lot of comments because it keeps me hyped all day long T___T you guys are really my angels T____T *sobbing in mah pillow*

one more thing, if you see this little can you punch him in the face for me T__T yes the one with pink hair T___T his face is bothering me oh god...why... *sobbing*