devil beside me

shh...still dreaming

“Go away, kid. I told you, we can’t hire a kid like you.”

 

“Please, noona...I need this job. I will do anything. I can do anything! Wash dishes, clean the floor, do laundry,...there’s nothing I have never done before! Please...I have a mother who is old and not capable of working at home, waiting for me...”

 

The despair look in Sehun’s eyes touched the manager noona’s heart. Sehun mentally jumped in excitement as his puppy dog eyes and sob stories did the trick. Feelign quite guilty about duping the female employer, Sehun assured himself that even though Junma taught him not to lie, Sehun didn’t lie, no, not one bit. Junma was indeed old. And Junma never did work at home. What Sehun said to the manager noona was none other than the truth.

 

“Alright, alright.” The woman’s eyes softened as Sehun pouted, the cutest thing she’d seen in years. “Since you don’t look like the type that slack off much, I’ll see what we can give you.”

 

While the lady behind the desk was rummaging through a hell lot of documents, Sehun peered outside the window where Jognin was waiting for him. He gave the older boy a little thumbs up before turning his attention back to the woman with that pitiful look again.

 

“We can’t give you a job at the restaurant. However, the Wu family still needs people to help around the house. Will you be able to do it?”

 

Sehun widened his eyes, mostly from accomplishment. Finally, he nailed a job at the Wu estate! With the newfound income, Junma wouldn’t have to work day shifts again. As long as his father kept working at the club so Sehun could sneak out to the Wu famly at night, everything would be fine.

 

But there was this little problem...

 

“Helping out at the house? You mean...like a maid?”






 

\\\


 

There was blood in his hands.

 

But it wasn’t his blood, no, but it felt like acid on his skin, eating into his bones like a plague.

 

It was Wu Yi Fan’s blood.

 

Junmyun slashed the older male across his arms, right where the scorpion tattoo resided. He immediately let go of the knife when a stream of crimson liquid oozed out from the cut and poured onto the cold tiled floor. He couldn’t go on. His chest hurt like somebody had stabbed him countless times in his heart. But yet he couldn’t kill the man that gave him so much pain. Junmyun couldn’t, for the life of him, end the suffering.

 

“You ! I think you’re not aware of all the things I am capable of!” Yifan growled as he grabbed Junmyun’s delicate wrists and threw him onto the kitchen floor. Junmyun in the pain while Yifan straddled him, pinning Junmyun on his back onto the floor.

 

“Curse you, Wu Yi Fan! I hope you die a painful death!” Junmyun spat, his words drenched with venom. With the older’s glare piercing through his skin like a blade, Junmyun realized that the person towering above him was a no less than a monster.

 

“This mouth of yours...You really need to think before you say things, Kim Jun Myun.” Yifan fumed as he pulled Junmyun back by the hair, admiring the milky expanse of the prey’s neck. Almost instinctively, he leaned down to force a chaste kiss on the other, as if reliving the moments of their love-saturated past.

 

But the memories did not last long. Just when Yifan was sneaking a hand up Junmyun’s shirt, the younger sent a lethal kick to Yifan’s lower region, causing a sharp pain to permeate through Yifan’s whole body. It felt as if air had been knocked out of his lungs. Yifan could barely stand as he let go of his playtoy, now scurrying off as far away from him as possible.

 

“If you don’t get out of here, I-I will kill myself!” Junmyun threatened as he picked up the butter knife yet again.

 

This time, he meant it.





 

\\\







 

“Sehunnie, just do as we do, and you’re good, okay?”

 

Nod.

 

“Don’t say anything. Don’t do anything. Don’t flinch. Don’t blink. Only speak when spoken to. And always refer to Mr. Wu as Master Wu, Mrs. Wu as Madame, and the young masters as xiao ye (young master in Chinese).”

 

Nod. Nod.

 

“Sa we?” Sehun asked, his brown eyes glistening with confusion. Xiao Hua, one of the maids, gave him the look before rolling her eyes.

 

“No, xiao ye!”

 

“Tha ye?” Sehun repeated, mostly to himself, but the maids started snickering as soon as both his accent and lisp were shown.

 

“Oh gosh...” Sighing disappointingly, she stood up to join the other maids. They were garnishing the dishes which Sehun presumed were meant for the Wu family. Anyone could tell just by looking at the luxurious ingredients, not native to the Korean soil, at extravagant brands of wine and at that sophisticated way of plating. Anybody could tell that this family was blessed with immense opulence and an exotic taste for foreign food. But of course. This was the Wu family. It was nothing short of a surprise that a Chinese entrepreneur who made it in the world, with his line of top-notch restaurant for that matter, could have such a virtuoso as a personal chef.  

 

Sehun followed the other maids to the main dining room, a bottle of wine in his hands. The object suddenly felt dreadfully heavy in his arms. It’s not that Sehun was weak, no, he was not feeble at all. Don’t judge his physical strength by his effeminate looks and delicate hands. What bothered him was the fact that the bottle of lush liquid was worth more than twice his monthly income - and thus, would not do him any favor if he suddenly slip and break the fragile thing.

 

When this ends, I have to go to church and pray more!, Sehun thought as he stood at the end of the row of people, watching as each of the other maids present the family with food. Sehun looked away, afraid of eye contact with the rich. However he could tell that there were four people: a middle-aged woman and a tall thirty-something man was facing him while two young males were sitting across from them. The sight of food made Sehun’s stomach rumbled in protest.

 

“Yifan, honey, what is wrong with your arm?” The old woman said, and Sehun looked up to see the huge gash of the man’s arm. Crimson blood tainted the gauze that he had over his cut.

 

“It’s nothing, mama. I came across...a thief, that’s all,” The man pondered for a while. Sehun identified him as Wu Yi Fan, the person he saw on that magazine that morning.

 

Damn, he looks even more handsome in real life!, Sehun mentally squealed.

 

“Looks like it hurt, baba. You sure you okay?”

 

Sehun’s head snapped up in surprise at the familiar voice. Craning his neck to get a better view of the owner of that voice, Sehun widened his eyes in horror as reality struck, and before him sat his worst nightmare.

 

Wu Shi Han.

 

Orange hair, disheveled clothes and a smirk.

 

And sitting right next to him, was Wu Zi Tao, who Sehun secretly named “The grim reaper”, for those eyes that seemed to emit the aura of death.

 

What had he done to deserve all of this? Sehun questioned the Omija God as he planned his escape. In his past life, Sehun must have robbed a bank, because there was no reason why he would be cursed with being a servant to Wu Shi Han the jerk and Wu Zi Tao the killer.

 

“Wait, aren’t you Oh Se Hun?”

 

Sehun looked up at Luhan who was eyeing him with something more than interest. Trying to look away, Sehun stuttered for a coherent answer.

 

“I-I-...I work...here. Yes..Yes I am Sehun.”

 

“Of course you are! Sit down. Sit down and have dinner with us.”

 

Before he could even refuse, Luhan stood up from his chair in a congenial manner and grabbed Sehun’s wrist, forcing the younger onto the chair next to him. The other maids were looking at him weirdly now. Sehun knew that it would be hard to live through this day in one piece, seeing that Tao was already glaring at him from up close.

 

Sehun fidgeted as the Wus began their meal. Luhan wouldn’t stop smirking, and it made Sehun want to punch it off the orange-haired boy’s face.

 

But he couldn’t.

 

He couldn’t let Luhan interfere with his desire to work. This was his job, and this was his duty to earn money and help Junma. Just because the guy hit him and caused him an asthma attack, Sehun couldn’t let the fear get the best of him now.


But in all honesty, Sehun was more afraid of the way Wu Yi Fan was staring at him the whole time.

 

 

 


 

a/n: Double update! Is anyone imagining Sehun in a maid uniform? Dayummmm 

on the other hand, there will, hopefully, be more fluff in the future T_____T i'm so sorry for making Suho suffer thus far. but it has to be done! there is no character death as far as I know, so rest assured my lovelies! *hearts hearts*

even though yifan gets lots of hate in this fic, well, at least he got kicked in the crotch by Suho *evil laugh x10000*