vignettes

shh...still dreaming

The year was 1995.

 

Summer, 1995. The year that marked Kim Jun Myun’s ungraceful downfall into the blackhole that was Wu Yi Fan.

 

Their love was at its peak.

 

Do you know when you love someone so much that you’re ready to risk everything for that person? Risk your whole life, your dreams, your future, just so that person can be happy, just so he can smile and stand by you, kissing away your pain? You know it’s wrong, you know he has a family, and that he will never love you back, but you keep trying, because just to be able to look into those eyes is enough.

 

But just loving Wu Yi Fan... would never be enough.

 

“Your wife came earlier. She told me to get out of your life.”

 

Jun Myun was lying on his favorite spot in the sun, at the beachhouse Yifan bought him on his eighteenth birthday. The vast blue sky stretched out before him, an expanse of cloudless cerulean on which Yifan and he painted their castle of love. He sighed deeply as memories of the last encounter with Yuri Wu replayed itself at the back of his mind, something bitter tasted bitter in his throat.

 

“And?”  

 

“Of course I say no. Yifan, you know I would never leave your side.”

 

Yifan moved his position so he could tower above Junmyun, sandwiching the younger between his body and white sand, both shirtless, both sweating in the heat of the summer. Junmyun found himself lost in the dark orbs of Yifan’s eyes that promised him a good future. But he remembered Yuri’s sneer when she slapped him, hard across the cheeks. Yifan kissed it better.

 

“Even if you leave me one day, hide well, Myun. Because I will find you. I will always find you.,” Yifan whispered, and Suho could almost hear the man’s heart beating against his chest. He closed his eyes momentarily, letting the lullaby of the ocean comfort his senses as Yifan’s warmth permeated throughout his body.

 

Back then, Junmyun was docile enough to believe every single word.

 

“What if one day, I wake up and you’re not here anymore?”

 

Junmyun was hopeless. Working night shifts at every bar he could get, Junmyun was making ends meet. Even living through the day was hard for him as he had to pay hospital fees for both of his parents who were suffering from the aftermath of a traffic accident. They went into a coma. It seemed like the pain never stopped coming.

 

“Why are you doubting me? Why are you doubting us? That day will simply not happen.” Yifan looked mad. Junmyun didn’t mean to make him mad. But how could he lay his worries at rest, when there was a vicious woman threatening their happiness? How could he pay no mind to the fact that he was being followed every second of the day, who would stop at nothing to get rid of him? Lovin Yifan came with all these things, so just loving him wasn’t enough.

 

“But...Yuri...she...”

 

“I will make sure she’s out of our lives, Myun. It will only be us. Only us.”

 

“Us against the whole world...” Junmyun said bitterly. Yifan leaned down to kiss him fully on the lips. Once. Twice. And Junmyun lost count of the times those lips trailed up to his eyes, his hairline, his ears, down, down, down his neck and hands,...Junymun found himself caught somewhere between the sea, the sky, and the love in Yifan’s eyes.

 

They seized his house. The loansharks. They took all of his possessions. He didn’t have enough to pay rent. The people at the hospital were about to unplug the machine that gave his parents life, if he hadn’t met Yifan. Yifan paid for everything. Yifan gave him a hug, a house, and a family. It wasn’t perfect, but Junmyun loved every bit of it.

 

How ironic. How hypocritical of him, Junmyun thought. How could he enjoy such a makeshift family when he was the one ruining Yifan’s? He wrecked Yuri and Yifan’s relationship. He caused the older to have irreversible arguments with his mother. He caused a married man to abandon his family to the mercy of the storm, so that the man could be his and his alone.

 

“I just want to be with you, Junmyun. To have kids, to raise them well and send them into dayschool so we can have all day long. To grow old together, to have a farm in the outskirts of the city, growing the flowers you love and the peach trees that I adore. Even in the next life, I still want to be with you.”

 

Yifan sounded like he meant it. And Junmyun didn’t doubt him, not once. Growing old together....that sounded like a ing movie.

 

But as long as Yifan stayed by his side and kept his parents breathing, everything should fall into place, right?

 

He had the whole beach house, furnished with imported furniture and luxurious things. He had a pool in his front yard, the beach in his backyard, and a king-sized bed steady enough not to creak when they made love every night. What was there not to like about being the Kim Jun Myun who had Wu Yi Fan locked in his tight embrace?

 

And the was great.

 

So what was he so worried about?

 

“Wu Yi Fan, I really don’t want sand in my so you better pick me up and carry me into your bedroom, or you’re getting nothing tonight.”


So why was loving Yifan never enough?

 


a/n:

brace yourselves for a major truth next chapter...why kris hates suho and out for revenge. why suho is running away. why the twins were seperated. everything will make sense. 

but some of you have guessed it right hohoho

also whoever made that pic above, i will love you forever T____T way to mess up with my feels T___T