people who use people

shh...still dreaming

(Guangzou, 1995)

 

“Anything else, Mrs. Wu?”

 

“Yes, Yunho-ah. Just make sure the boy hates Yifan until the day he dies.”






 

It started with an arranged marriage.

 

One  between two prestigious families, the Kwon and the Wu. A relation that secured their mutual benefits as well as economic power. There was no love to begin with. No chemistry. The bond that tied them together was one of obligation, urged by their parents to get married for the sake of their companies.

 

It was all lies. It was all money. Wu Yi Fan had never loved her. His heart was too cold, bitingly cold. He had never seen her as a wife who would kiss him on the lips whenever he came back home, tired from work.

 

And he wasn’t planning to.

 

But that didn’t mean Kwon Yu Ri couldn’t go to lengths in order to make him hers.





 

///


 

“Mom. Dad. I’m here.”

 

Junmyun stepped into the hospital room as quietly as he could, trying not to choke at the smell of antiseptic surging up his nostrils. With teary eyes, he stared long and hard at his parents who were confined to their sick beds. The endless beeping of the machine was eerily deafening. It was the only indication that they were still alive.

 

“How are you doing?” Junmyun whispered, mostly to himself. Taking a seat next to the hospital bed, Junmyun made himself comfortable while peeling off a ripe apple, as if they were going to wake up from their coma the next moment.

 

But they were not.

 

“They closed your case. They said something about the culprit not being found in 10 years, so they just gave up. They let it go, but I...I can’t. I can’t give up on you. I still have hope.” Junmyun said sadly. But it could have been worse. Yifan stopped them from removing the oxygen masks from his parents’ pale faces. Yifan kept them alive by pouring more and more money into those hospital bills. Junmyun couldn’t be more thankful toward the man. Even if he became a slave to him, Junmyun wouldn’t be able to pay back this debt. Not in this life. And he doubt that he would in the next. Even if he sold his soul, Junmyun doubted that it would be enough as well.

 

Junmyun swore he saw her eyelids flutter. Barely, but they moved and it was enough to fire up the young man’s hope again.

 

“You have to be there when I walk down the aisle and into Yifan gege’s life. He says he’s getting a divorce. He will be able to accept me, soon. So you have to wake up.” Junmyun put a hand on his mother’s, feeling the warmth creep up his fingers and into every fibre of his being. It had been a while that he heard her voice, her beautiful singing voice that cleansed the soul. He often heard it in his dreams, but soon forgot it when he lied awake in his bed, in cold sweat. “I am...ten weeks pregnant, Mom. I just wish they grow up having a better life than I do. They deserve better than this, Mom. And Yifan will be able to provide them just that.”

 

Junmyun knew his mother wouldn’t accept him if she knew. That she wouldn’t accept such an insolent, good-for-nothing son who ruined other people’s families and lived off a married man’s wealth. It was nothing to be proud of. That he was so used to being slapped, called names and treated like a e every time he was caught with Yifan gege, it was nothing to take pride in.

 

But Junmyun didn’t know any better.

 

Standing up abruptly, Junmyun knew he had to go. He couldn’t stay any longer, for the helpless look in his parents’ unmoving bodies made him feel weak. Hopeless, stupid, and weak. Tears were streaming down his face before he left the silent room.

 

His heart were aching. His body were craving Yifan. It was raining hard, droplets of water pelted at his body mercilessly. It was bitingly cold as well. Junmyun assumed that crying was bad for the babies, but he couldn’t stop. He blamed the estrogen for making him feel this way. But most of all, he blamed himself.

 

“If this isn’t the little manwhore...”

 

Junmyun looked up into the eyes of an unfamiliar man who stood a good 10 inches above him. Accompanying him was three other guys, as muscular as he was, bearing the same dragon tattoos that made them seem superior. Junmyun was shaking from the cold.

 

“What’s that, are you scared we’re going to hurt you?” One of them sneered. Junmyun looked around, but didn’t see an escape. It was already dark and he was far from the hospital. Not a lot of people were around, either. So it was just him and the hooligans. One against four.

 

“Then you shouldn’t have tried and messed with the Wu family, should you, boy?” One of them pushed Junmyun hard on the shoulder, causing him to stumble back a few steps.  He decided that it was best to stay silent. it up and he’d stay alive. The twins would stay alive.

 

“Some guts you have here, .” The larger of the four advanced on him and punched him hard on his cheek. Junmyun fell on his back onto the cement wall, tasting iron on his lips. Laughter hung in the air. They got him cornered.

 

Just then, a dark figure stepped out from the gang. Junmyun knew this face too well.

 

“Kwon Yu Ri. Of course it’s you,” he said bitterly while the said female smirked, her lush brown hair glistening in the night.

 

“It’s Wu Yu Ri, you . You haven’t thanked me for sparing your life after you’ve stolen my husband,” Yuri spat before kicking Junmyun in his face. The sharp heel of her stiletto left a bruise.

 

“It won’t be your last name any longer, your “highness”. And I’ve never stolen him from anyone. It’s been his choice all along.” Junmyun stumbled back up on his feet. He looked into Kwon Yu Ri’s eyes, but all he saw was wrath and contempt.

 

“Cut the crap, you son of a . You only like him for the money, don’t you. You’re filthy poor. You can barely hold a job. Selling yourself to Yifan earns you a living, isn’t it?” Yuri screamed.

 

Junmyun screwed his eyes shut. He wanted her to go away. Away from him, away from Yifan, away from their life. But she never backed down. Junmyun didn’t understand how she could stand loving a person who paid her no mind, who never returned her love, who never kissed her back. How could she wanted to have Yifan all this time, while knowing full well that Junmyun’s the one Yifan wanted?

 

But then again, love was blinding.

 

“Yes. I only dated Yifan for the money. He’s loaded, and I love me some cash. So what if I’m a gold digger? You’re the one who doesn’t seem good enough in bed to keep Wu Yi Fan in your arms, aren’t you now, Kwon Yuri.”

 

The smile on Yuri’s face diminished, and Junmyun was glad he said it. That he stood up for himself all this time, even if it was a lie. Junmyun couldn’t care less about Yifan gege’s money. Even if he reincarnated as a dirt poor fruit vendor seller, Junmyun would still love him. Junmyun loved the man because...because he was being Yifan.

 

But just loving Yifan...would never be enough.

 

“Silly child...It’s Wu Yi Fan that wants you out of his life.” She snickered.

 

Yuri turned around to leave, not saying another word. Before Junmyun was able to run from them, they caught him by his arm, sending another deadly blow to his face. Junmyun had his air knocked out of him and before he knew it, one of them slapped a piece of cloth on his mouth and nose. Seconds lazy, Junmyun started to feel hazy. The world was spinning hundreds of miles per hour. His brain was shutting off before he could kick them back and run away. All he was thinking of were his babies. His beautiful babies who deserved better than this.

 

And then the world turned black.







 

Junmyun woke up in a moving van. The world was spinning again. His head was throbbing with every movement, and his stomach churned in discomfort. He wanted so bad to throw up, but his hands were tied behind his back. There was a black cloth on his eyes, granting him no vision. All he could hear was the rain pelting hard at the windows again. And the voices.

 

“What are we doing next, hyung?”

 

“Well, we do as Mr. Wu Yi Fan said. Get rid of the boy.”

 

“You mean...K-kill him?”

 

“No one will know. No one cares.”

 

Tears were already soaking the cloth on his eyes as realization hit. Junmyun’s breath hitched in his throat as he processed what was happening to him.

 

Yifan was getting rid of him.

 

Months ago he had foreseen this happening, but he was so lost in Yifan’s eyes to snap out of his dream.

 

But now it was happening, and all Junmyun could blame was himself.







 

///



 

I only dated Yifan for the money. He’s loaded, and I love me some cash. So what if I’m a gold digger?...

 

So what if I’m a gold digger?...

 

So what if I’m a gold digger?...

 

Yifan growled as he threw the recorder across the room. It smashed into the wall and broke into pieces. He was fuming as the betrayal unfurled before his eyes.

 

“He ran away with your money, Yifan. 100,000 dollars. You won’t be able to find him now.” Yuri had her arms around his waist, her breath ghosting over the small of his back as he heaved in anger.

 

“You liar!” He yelled, the monster inside of him was shaking with wrath.

 

“See it for yourself.” Yuri said nonchalantly before shoving a document into his hand. Yifan shook profusely as he tried to process the information.

 

Junmyun had just deposited a check totaling 100,000 dollars from Yifan’s account, according to the bank statement. He remembered giving Junmyun a blank check a few days ago, but Junmyun refused to take any money from the older man. Yet he kept it for emergency purposes. Yifan did not believe in his eyes when he went to the beachhouse he bought for the younger, only to see it empty, devoid of any traces of Junmyun. All of the furnitures were sold, and even the house was sold to an old Korean couple under Junmyun’s name

 

Dejected, Yifan broke everything he could find, as to alleviate the anger in his chest. It felt like dying, to see the one he loved most betray him. Memories of their love flashed through his mind, of the bliss he felt when they became one and promised a good future together, it poured more oil into the fire inside of him. He found it hard to breathe. The more he thought about Junmyun, the more painful it felt.

 

Yifan heard it himself. Yifan heard Junmyun admit that he was just dating Yifan for the money.

 

Reality hurt.


“You better hide well, Junmyun. If I find you, I will never let you go. I’ll make your life a living hell, that’s what I’d do.”

 

///





 

“Yixing...I...”

 

“Don’t be scared, gege. I’ve got you.”

 

a/n:so...who wants to have a prayer circle so we can talk about our feels and cry for suho?

damn i feel so much pain T____T

like this yo

btw, as of right now, SEKAI dominated the Polls BY A FREAKING LANDSLIDE, yo