Chapter 2 "Meeting"

The Sound of Rain
Nicole awoken to the sound of the wind passing by. She opened her tired eyes, it was 7 in the morning. She lied in bed staring out her bedroom window. The wind was calm yet fast. She didn't feel like getting up, getting dress or visiting her parents for this " MEETING " that she knew she wouldn't agree too anyways. She relax her eyes and listen as the wind whisper into her ears.

"Maybe it won't be as bad as I think" she thought to herself. "This can be a chance to start new.." Nicole opened her eyes slowly and headed towards the shower. After washing up, she grabbed the blue strapless dress and wore it with the silver heels that her mother had gotten her. Nicole stared at herself in the mirror. She brushed through her hair with her fingers, she grabbed her wallet and her coat, before she was about to head out her cell-phone ranged. Nicole stared at her phone "Incoming Call :Mom"

"Hello Umma?" Nicole answered her phone.

"Nicole-Ah! We've changed the date. Us parents have deicided instead of an engagement since it might be too soon, tonight we do a little get together for the two of you to meet each other" Mrs.Jung informed Nicole, "so be here at 8pm sharp you hear me?! Oh and Hara-shi and your other relatives will be here along with some of his parents relatives so wear the dress I got you."

"I'm...never mind" Nicole finished, "Fine I'll see you at 8" and Nicole hung up before her mother could say her bye. Nicole walked back into her room and changed out of the dress that made her feel uncomfortable and he shoes that made her feet ache. "I hate wearing these kinda of clothes she mumble to herself."

Nicole changed into a much simpler outfit, her long sleeve white-t and a pair of black sweats. Nicole walked into her tiny living room, opened the blinds to let in some light. She stared out and saw that the clouds were approaching. She opened her window and felt the wind rush in. She could smell rain approaching. It was a cold morning. The sun was hidden behind the thick clouds. It was now around 9 and Nicole had almost another 12hrs to kill.

"Smells like rain..." Nicole went back to the sofa and the T.V. Nicole changed the channel one by one. As she got tired of switching the channel around she turned the T.V off and headed into her bedroom. Nicole grabbed a pair of her black straight down jeans, she kept her long sleeve on and grabbed for a jacket. Nicole grabbed her scarf and pair of mitten and put on her black rain boots. She left the apartment.

She decided to walk around instead of driving around, since it would've be no used since she would be stuck in traffic, she knew how busy Seoul was. Nicole walked into the crowded streets of Seoul towards the secret park she went when she was feeling down. As Nicole got to the park there was the grass and the play ground, since today's weather was a bit dull there was no one there. Nicole went towards the swings and sat down. She stared at the old bridge that no one ever goes too. Nicole sat up and headed towards that way. As Nicole stood in front of the bridge she felt a gush of wind pushing her in.

-Flash Back-
********************************************************



"Aish Jung Nicole why are you just standing there."

"Oppa are you sure it's safe to go over there, I've heard no one ever cross over this bridge. There's only old factories in the back" Nicole voice sounded afraid.

"Yah Jung Nicole never judge a book by it's cover or listen to stories of others when you haven't seen it for yourself." He grabbed onto Nicole's right hand and dragged her across the bridge."Close your eyes" Nicole closed her eyes and gripped tight onto his hands...as they took further steps, Nicole felt herself walking off the bridge and they were now walking on cement. As he pulled her further she felt herself walking onto newly cut grass.

"Ah Oppa, the grass feels nice." He sat her down on a parked bench.

"You can open your eyes now." He slowly removed his hands from Nicole. As Nicole open her eyes they were sitting under a willow tree and in front of her eyes she could see a little clear pond. "Wow oppa this place is so beautiful." He smiled at Nicole.

"I have something to ask you"

-End of Flash Back-
********************************************************



Nicole step onto the old wood that was still holding the bridge together. She took a deep breath and walked across it. She felt her heart beating faster and faster. She was more afraid then almost getting shoot and having to deal with thugs. As Nicole reached the end of the bridge, she could see behind the willow tree, park benched and clear pond was the old factory. The willow tree had lost its shade and the leaves were gone, the pond was still clear, the bench was old and the wood were starting to peeled off. She looked at her watch it was now already 12. She sat down on the bench and listen as the wind blew past her. She looked down at her rain boots. She closed her eyes, tears were forming. One rain drop hit Nicole's cheek and she opened her eyes. She wiped away the tears that had yet not fallen.

"I promise I wouldn't hold this place as a burden." She reassure herself, stood up to leave.

Nicole crossed the bridge, walked through the play ground and back on the crowded street of Seoul. The rain now started to pour. Nicole put her hood on and headed toward the nearest coffee shop she saw.

"Hello" The lady politely greeted Nicole.

"Oh Hello." Nicole replied back with a low bow.

"What can I get you?" The lady asked Nicole, as Nicole slowly approached the counter.

"I'll just take a hot chocolate to go please."

After Nicole got her hot chocolate she paid and left. Nicole drank her hot chocolate heading home now. Nicole reached to front of her apartment department. She stared up to where she knew her room was. The rain was still pouring and harder now. Nicole was soaked, she threw away her cup of hot chocolate and headed inside. Nicole opened her door. She slipped on her slippers and walk into her room. It was now 4. She took off her wet clothes and changed into dryer clothes and sat at her desk. Nicole leaned in to open her window, it was cold but it felt nice. Nicole leaned back and made herself comfortable in her seat.

"Since I have another 4 hours to kill..." Nicole sighed. She found herself looking at her old notebook. She grabbed for it and opened up the book. She flipped through the pages and smiled. It was her dairy that she had wrote in throughout High School. She grabbed her pen and started writing.


September 1,2010
It's been awhile since I've wrote in here...so I don't really know what to talk about. It's been almost over a 4 years now. I'm already 22 years old can you believe that? The last time I wrote to you was when I was 18 still in high school. Hows everything going? I'm in a state of denial...I guess you can say. My parents are forcing me on another blind date. This time with everyone there. I don't know why I gave in so easily. 1month and 4weeks left, then I get to meet him again. Everything's been different since he left am I excited...very indeed like always. I decided to write since I have some time to kill...................................................I'm sorry........................I'm so sorry...It kills me every single day, I hate goodbyes...I guess its true that writing out your feels is a bit more helpful when you have no one to talk to about your problems...I miss him so much it hurts. Even though I knew of good-bye,I still expected myself to love him forever...They say it's not good to hold onto old flame. I don't know why but, I want to hold onto him without knowing I shut everyone out. Am I a bad person to be like this...he told me to find someone better, should I grant him his wish...can I ever find someone like him...I keep waking up believing he'll be next to me. Telling me everything's okay...

Nicole's phone ranged and Nicole put down her pen. She stared at the incoming call, it was her mom and Nicole stared at her alarm clock it was already 7. Nicole clicked ignore and closed her notebook, but before she closed it she added Love Nicole. The rain had stop and the clouds started to drift away, the sun was at the horizon and the moon was starting to wake. Nicole went to wash up, after she finished she threw on the dress and the gray heels. She combed her hair nicely, grabbed her coat and headed out. It was 7:45p.m. As Nicole reached her parents drive way it was 7:58, she turned off the engine and got out of the car. She could hear the chattering of everyone inside. She walked towards the front door and stared at her clock 7:59p.m. she waited, 8:00p.m. she then knocked on the door and before she knew it, it was Hara in front of her.

"Ah Nicole!!" Hara gave a loud greeting.

"Oh Hara-shi" Nicole surprisingly smiled."Everyone is already here?" She asked already knowing everyone was already there just waiting on her.

"No it's just me here." Hara smiled "Why?" Nicole walked in and Hara closed the door."Oh I think I know what your talking about. The party?" She followed Nicole to the living room.

"Honey your here" Mrs.Jung walked towards Nicole and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Yeeh Umma." Nicole smiled.

"You're here..." Mr.Jung walked towards Nicole and gave her a hug.

"Where's everyone." Nicole asked again.

"Well if you had listen.." Hara said grabbing her coat, "You're mom and them aren't having the party here but they and your 'Princes Parents' wanted to have it at a recession room instead. Everyone's over there. We have to be there by 8:30" Hara finished. Nicole stared at her parents.

"So since you're here lets go together." Her father said, grabbing his keys.

"Oh alright then." With that they all left. Nicole had decided to take her car and followed her parents with Hara sitting at the passenger seat. When they pulled up to the building Nicole saw through the class door everyone already seated inside. Nicole and Hara got out of the car at the same times as Nicole's parents. They all walked in together.

"Nicole I'll be right back." Hara ran over to some other relatives and started chatting away.

Everyone greeted as the Jung Family enter, the parents of Nicole's "Blind Date" came over to greet Nicole.

"Ah so you must be Nicole."

"Oh Yeh, Nice to meet you two" Nicole bowed.

"JunHyung just went to the washroom he said he'll be back soon." Mrs.Yong stated, "We had a little argument earlier I hope you don't mind."

"No it's okay." Nicole and her parents smiled. "You guys didn't really have to set everything up...we could've just met with each other instead of having everyone here." Nicole stated.

"We were planning for you two to meet each other first, so there won't be any awkwardness after the engagement." Mr.Yong smiled.

"So no matter what we're both are getting engaged?" Nicole looked at her parents.

"Oh come one lets go eat I'm so hungry" Mr. and Mrs. Jung appointed the Yong's and they quickly left.

"What?" Nicole stood shock...She felt betrayed that her parents had done this to her. Nicole glared at the relatives that were gather there. She knew her parents and the Yong would be telling everyone after everyone had finished eating about the engagement party next week. She heard her phone and picked up.

"Nicole-ah" DongWoon said on the other line."We need you back at the station, this is an emergency."

"I'll be right there" Nicole hanged up and walked towards her parents."I have to go now, tell everyone I said thank you for coming. I won't go through with this stupid plan of your guys." She stared at the Yong and bowed." I'm sorry but this just isn't fair to me and your son. I have work to worry about, I just got a call." Nicole left.

As Nicole made her way out the first door, she bumped into a tall guy, with brownish hair. He turned around.

"Aish can you at least watch were you're going." He complained. Nicole stop and stared back.

"Can you at least watch were you're also going next time." Nicole flatly replied back. He turned around to look at Nicole.

"I'm not in the best mood so don't try to argue with me" He lazily informed Nicole.

"I wasn't, I just wanted to make myself clear like you did." Nicole turned around and walked away. He watched as Nicole walked away.

"Crazy women who do you think you are..." As JunHyung was about to walk into the room, he glanced back at Nicole. He peeked into the room filled with people, he spot his parents talking to the Jung parents and ran towards Nicole's direction. As he reached outside he saw as Nicole was about to get in her car he ran towards her as fast as he could. "Yah!" He yelled and caught Nicole's attention.

"What is it?" She said giving him a cold expression.

"Hmm are you leaving by any chance?" He question her. Huffing for air.

"Why you need a ride?"

"Kinda." He looked helpless. Nicole stared at him for a few minutes.

"Didn't you drive here?" She question.

"My parents forced me here, so they knew if I took my own car I would try to leave." He said.

"I have to head to my place without making any stops." Nicole informed him. "After that I have to head to work, it's an emergency, so I won't be able to give you a ride." As Nicole was about to get into her car, JunHyung walked over to the drive seat and before Nicole could close the door he held onto it.

"Then can I stay at your place for the time being?" Nicole was shocked that this stranger that she had just met and even rudely yelled at her before this was asking to stay at Nicole's place.

"This is my first time meeting you..." Nicole reassure him. "I don't think so."

"Please..." For some reason Nicole felt guilty if she had she left him here.

"Fine hurry before I change my mind." She forcefully slammed her door shut and JunHyung quickly ran to the other side of Nicole's car and pulled open the passenger door and sat down just in time before Nicole drove off.

"I'm sorry for earlier" He stated, "Lets start new and pretend we didn't have that argument."

"I don't consider it an argument.." Nicole explained to JunHyung. "You were just being rude."

"Well I'm sorry for being rude to you earlier then." He sounded really apologetic, "Well let's pretend that never happened. Hi My Name is Yong JunHyung." Nicole was more focused on the road than what he had to say. The first thing she heard him say was, 'Lets pretend that never happened' and that was it.."So whats your name?"

"Jung Nicole." She said flatly after that the car filled with  silence.