Chapter 3 "Her Past"

The Sound of Rain

The silence grew thicker as Nicole stopped at a red light. The two sat awkwardly waiting. The night was still young it was only a little pass 9. Nicole leaned back waiting for the red light to turn green. JunHyung seemed a bit uncomfortable as he sat looking out the window, he loosen his tie and gave a small grunt trying to clear his throat.

"Ahh Jung Nicole is a nice name" He finally spoke. He turned his head to face Nicole's direction..."Are you really that quiet of a person?" He asked...Nicole ignored his presence and kept looking ahead of her, "Aishh so I guess, you're a quiet one...well"

"If you want to stay at my place be quiet" She interrupted him. She leaned inward, the light turned green and Nicole pressed on gas once again.

"Well, instead of just sitting here like two total strangers lets talk" He kept pestering Nicole.

"We are strangers." She replied.

"Technically we aren't since we know each others name." JunHyung smiled and sat more comfortable in his seat.

"I don't remember your name." She turned into her apartment parking garage.

"Oh Well my name is.."

"We're here," Nicole interrupted him again, as she pulled into her parking space in the huge garage. She turned off the engine and opened her door; JunHyung followed behind. "I have to leave for work so you can make yourself comfortable in my house."

"You're very kind," as he was still walking behind her."You just met me and you're welcoming me to your home." He smiled shyly..."but aren't you afraid that I might be a or that I might rob you?" He sounded more serious.

"I'm a cop." Nicole pressed the button for the elevator doors, "and you're very feminine too me...you're no harm." She gave him a lazy grin. The doors open and Nicole walked in, JunHyung followed behind.

"Ah you're a cop...that's cool. I'm in a band.." JunHyung proudly replied.

"Band?" Nicole stared up at JunHyung, as the doors open Nicole walked out; towards her apartment room. She unlocked her door and nudge for JunHyung to enter the house first. As JunHyung walked in he notice a pair of pink slippers and next to the pink slipper was a blue one, that looked new and never worn before.

"Do I just wear this one?" He looked back at Nicole who was closing the door behind the both of them.

"Just wear it, it's not like anyone's going to anyways." Nicole slipped on her pink slippers and headed straight into her bedroom. She shut the door, and JunHyung could hear the water running.

JunHyung slipped on the blue pair of slippers, in front of him he could see the living space, the closed blinds which he thought might lead to the balcony. He walked towards the living room, there was three doors, one to the kitchen, the second was the outside bathroom and Nicole's closed bedroom door. He sat down and the T.V. He changed the channel several times and decided to watch the news. As he was getting into what was happening Nicole stepped out
in her uniform.

"Wow you..." he was speechless.

"If I'm not home by 12 you can make yourself comfortable out here. There's an extra pillow in my room and blankets." With that Nicole left without hearing another word coming out of JunHyung's mouth. JunHyung sat still, he slowly shook himself.

"She's pretty attractive..." He smiled.

3hrs had already passed and yet Nicole hadn't return back from work. JunHyung's eyes became tired as he stared at the Television. He turned off the power. As he tried to make himself comfortable without having to use Nicole's pillow nor her blanket he couldn't seem to fall asleep, since the cold just seemed to grow thicker. He sat up straight looking at Nicole's bedroom door which was wide open. He stood up and walked into her bedroom.

Nicole's bedroom wasn't big or small. The perfect sizes for about a couple if she had a husband. He saw she had left the bathroom lights on and decided to go turn it off. As JunHyung went to grab the extra pair of pillow and blanket he came across the picture of Nicole and Jaebeom. Nicole was wearing a gold low cut dress, her hair was longer back then and curled in the picture, while Jaebeom was wearing a suit with a gold tie. They were standing in a ball room, Nicole's hands locked around Jaebeom's neck while his hands lock around Nicole's waist, her head was laying on his shoulders. On the other frame was a picture of Nicole and Jaebeom standing next to each other smiling happily on a sunny day.

"Must be her boyfriend." He told himself. He grabbed the pillow and blanket as he turned around to leave his left leg accidentally slammed onto Nicole's small desk and her notebook that she had left there felled onto the ground. JunHyung dropped that pillow and blanket onto the floor and grabbed for the notebook. As he was about to close the notebook he felt the urge to read what Nicole had wrote.

"Is this some kind of diary?" He question himself. "Aish I guess every girls does keep one; even the tough hardcore looking ones," he flipped through the pages thinking to himself 'I'm only here for one night, we won't see each other after tomorrow so what if I read this.' As he read through Nicole's diary he randomly chose pages to read.

October 25,2004
Dear Dairy,

Today Oppa took me to our secret park, I guess you can't judge a book by it's cover or you might just miss out on a great story that lies behind those covers. The place was beautiful with a willow tree, the pond was the most gorgeous scene it felt like those movie scenes ^^ Oppa asked me to be his girlfriend today...I'm taken now !! Ekkk I'll write to you later, Umma's yelling at me to study...bye.

Love, Nicole


"So it is her boyfriend after all..." JunHyung smirked and flipped a more and more pages ahead.

February 14,2006
Dear Dairy,

It's been 2yrs, 3months and 2weeks. He makes me the happiest girl ever. Umma told me not to take this relationship to seriously...but I know he's the one for me. I'm turning 18 in 8 more month. Today he brought me flowers like he always have been doing very valentine. He got me a necklace that says his name on it. I have to study for my exams. Senior year is so bothersome. Goodnight.

P.S. I really love flowers, it's funny how he doesn't seem to know but yet is still able to please me. I don't expect them...but it's sweet that he gives it too me...I feel special.

Love, Nicole


"So she likes receiving flowers" JunHyung kept flipping, "She's 1 year younger than me...interesting"

October 26,2006
Dear Dairy,

The Sound of Rain sounds soothing...should I feel at ease? Is this how I'll remember him...I'm left behind, by the one person who promised to keep me forever...

Love, Nicole


"I wonder why all of sudden she start to sound..." JunHyung flipped back one page and started to read, "October 25,2006 Dear Dairy......" as JunHyung kept reading he realized this was Nicole's longest entry. His eyes widen, he had a shocked face on as he drop the book onto the floor. His jaw dropped and he felt his heart ache. He grabbed the book slowly again and placed it on Nicole's desk. JunHyung grabbed the pillow and blanket and headed out Nicole's bedroom into the living room onto the couch.

He felt bad that he had read her Dairy. She had offered him to stay, she helped him get away from the mess his parents handed him and this was how he repaid her.

"I shouldn't had read that..." He told himself..."I didn't know...I wonder how she feels," as those words escaped his mouth his tired eyes began to shut.

Around 2 in the morning Nicole enter her house, she closed the door behind her and locked it. She put on her slipper and realized that the blue slippers was gone.

"Where is it?" She thought to herself and found JunHyung's pair of shoes. "Ah I forgot.." She walked towards the living to find him sound a sleep. She walked past him and into her room. It was still dark as she turned her lamp light on that was sitting on her desk so that the light wouldn't be so bright. She threw her hat on her bed, she was to tired to wash up, Nicole her shirt and walked towards her closet searching for t-shirt, she found the couple shirt that her and Jaebeom had bought together she grabbed for it and slipped it on. She threw her work clothes into the basket, she bended down to sear for a short, as she found her black short she ped her pants and slipped on the short.

Nicole walked toward her bed, she lied down reached for her hat and threw it at her desk, which it landed nicely. She closed her eyes, she heard tiny raindrops hitting on her windowpane.

"I feel at ease..." She silently told herself. "Should I ?" She then question herself as she slowly opened her eyes. She turned her head slightly to the right and stared at the picture of her and Jaebeom. She gave a smile. Nicole sat up and walked out of her room, all she could see from JunHyung was a dark object laying there, she walked past him into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water. After she finished, walked back into the living room, this time on the coffee table she could see his wallet.

"I don't remember his name," Nicole thought to herself. She walked slowly toward the table and grabbed his wallet. Since Nicole had the wallet in her hand she walked back into her room, so there would at least be a bit of light to see his name. Nicole opened the wallet and found his license in the front..."Y..Yong JunHyung," Nicole confusingly mumble, "I swear I heard that name before..." Nicole then remember...

-Flash Back-
********************************************************
"Ah so you must be Nicole."

"Oh Yeh, Nice to meet you two" Nicole bowed.

"JunHyung just went to the washroom he said he'll be back soon." Mrs.Yong stated, "We had a little argument earlier I hope you don't mind."

"No it's okay." Nicole and her parents smiled. "You guys didn't really have to set everything up...we could've just met with each other instead of having everyone here." Nicole stated.

"We were planning for you two to meet each other first, so there won't be any awkwardness after the engagement." Mr.Yong smiled.

-End of Flash Back-
********************************************************


Nicole stood shock staring at JunHyung's license, she bit her lips and gave out a long sigh.

"You got to be kidding me" Nicole grinned her teeth together and mumbled out the words. "Is this some kind of a joke?" She walked out slowly once again and placed the wallet the way it was before onto the coffee table and walked back into her room. Before closing her door she turned off the light and walked back, right before she walked back she heard JunHyung mumbling...

"Umma..I don't want to marry Jung Nicole..." JunHyung said in his sleep. Right as Nicole closed her door, she heard him moving around from side to side.

"He talks in his sleep?" She closed the door behind her and went to bed.

As morning started to approach, JunHyung found himself waking up first. He opened his eyes, he looked around at the unfamiliar place he found himself at. He sat up quickly and stared around the room. He looked at the blind next to the sofa, and stood up to open the blinds up. To his surprise it did lead to the balcony. He then remember he had stayed at Nicole's place. He could see the rain was pouring outside. He stretch and stared at the clock that was hung on top of the T.V. it was already 8, he walked into the bathroom to do his daily routines. He flushed the toilet, washed his hands and realized he didn't have a tooth brush. As he walked out the bathroom, Nicole walked out of her bedroom door.

"Oh good morning" JunHyung bowed at Nicole.

"Oh...Good morning" Nicole bowed back and walked into the kitchen.

"Oh Nicole-shi" JunHyung quickly asked.."Do you have an extra pair of toothbrush that I can use?"

"Check in the bathroom counter." Nicole replied without looking back.

"Oh Thank you." JungHyung went back into the bathroom took out the toothbrush and started to brush his teeth. After he had finished he walked into the kitchen where he found Nicole sitting down eating cereal. Next to Nicole was a bowl and cereal ready for him.

"Hurry and come eat." Nicole looked at him.

"Thanks" JunHyung took the seat next to Nicole and poured the milk into his cereal.

The two sat in awkward silence. Nicole who knew who JunHyung was, yet she was curious if he knew who Nicole was. Nicole haven't felt this awkward with a person in the longest time. She was now feeling uncomfortable...which wasn't usual.

"Ah Nicole." JunHyung asked while chewing his cereal. "I had a weird dream last night." He then swallowed and looked at Nicole who was still eating her cereal slowly. "Do you want to know?"

"Was I in it?" Nicole tried to sound unemotional so that her voice wouldn't sound awkward.

"How did you know?" He looked shocked and then smiled.

"I heard you sleep talking last night."

"Oh well, I had a dream that you were the girl that I was supposed to meet last night at the party." as he picked up his spoon he then stop himself...JunHyung looked at Nicole and Nicole looked at JunHyung. "Aish I might just be thinking too much it's only a dream and it's just happened that you have the same exact name as her..." he tried to joke it off, but he was now feeling uneasy...

"Yeah and you just happened to be Yong JunHyung...the guy I was suppose to meet last night at the party" Nicole grabbed her bowl stood up and walked towards the sink.

"WHAT!!!" JunHyung spit out his cereal, and started to cough..."You're the girl that I was suppose to..."

"Meet yes." Nicole scrubbed her bowl and put it in the dish washer. "Hurry eat so i can drop you off and pretend we've never met each other." Nicole wiped her wet hand on her shirt and quickly walked back to her room.

JunHyung sat still, his spoon barely hanging in his mouth. He shook himself and snapped out of his shock mode to his manly myself. He grabbed his bowl of half eat cereal and walked towards the sink. He poured the mild and cereal out into the sink and washed his bowl. After JunHyung was finished he walked over to the living room to find Nicole already dressed up in her jeans and plain tshirt.

"Are you ready?" Nicole question.

"Oh yeah...I'm ready." With that JunHyung walked to the front door and took off the blue slippers he had been wearing around the apartment. He put back his shoe and Nicole did the same. She opened the door and JunHyung walked out; Nicole followed behind. The two had reached Nicole's car, she unlocked the car and was walking over to the driver seat.

"Nicole-Ah" JunHyung said and Nicole turned back. "I just wanted to say thank you for everything." He bowed down and walked into the car. Nicole gave a small bowed back and opened the door and drove off.

The car was filled with silence once again. JunHyung stared out the window, while the rain poured down. He stared at Nicole who seemed more interested in watching the road rather than talking, he gave a small sigh and lowered himself in the seat.

"JunHyung..." Nicole question.

"What?"

"Where do you live?" She question.

"Oh" JunHyung told Nicole where to go. After he told her, silence crept upon the both of them again...

"Nicole.." JunHyung shyly asked.

"What?"

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Nicole took a little longer to answer his question. "You don't have to answer if you don't want too. I just saw a picture of you and this guy back at your place and I just got curious." He gave an apologetic smile and scratched his head with his right hand.

"No...that's just a friend of mines..." Nicole replied back..."Do you have a girlfriend JunHyung?"

"I actually do." He smiled..."that's why I didn't want my parents to get me into this situation...they don't want me to marry my girlfriend..."

"Ah I see..." Nicole stared at JunHyung for a moment. "Well I've already told the parents I wouldn't go through with this too. Ah is this the house?" Nicole pulled over.

"Thanks" He smiled and opened the door. JunHyung walked out without a goodbye and just headed straight towards his house door. Nicole waited as he enter the house. With that Nicole drove off.