Chapter 13 "This Ending"

The Sound of Rain

Feeling the softness of the cool breeze brushed against her right cheek, Nicole shut her eyes tight.

"Go to sleep, go to sleep..." She repeated in her mind.

JunHyung awoken to Gyuri nudging him.

"Wake up you have to get ready now." He heard her voice and opened his eyes, he could hear people outside his bedroom. He was tired and exhausted, "your best man are out there waiting for you already." Gyuri walked away and out his room.

JunHyung sat up and stretched before getting out of bed. He stared at his clock it was 5 in the early morning. He then remember what he had done last night, he then thought of Nicole. He could hear the rain outside his bedroom window, he stood up and walked out his room.

That morning everyone was rushing, JunHyung was all ready by 7a.m. He left to the church before Gyuri who was still getting herself all glam up, obviously since she was the soon to be bride.

Nicole opened her tired swollen red eyes. She could already feel her heart dropping down into her stomach. She sat up pulling back her fallen hair back. She looked at her window, the rain was pouring. She felt a gush of wind passing by her. She stood up and walked over towards her calendar.

"I'll see you." She gave a weak smile and walked into her bathroom and turned the shower on.

JiYoung had all her belongings in the back of car and her trunk. She gave her parents one last hug and kissed before getting into her car.

"Tell Nicole unnie, I said bye..." JiYoung smiled, "tell her to stop being so harsh on herself & tell her to get out more." JiYoung walked towards her car while holding her umbrella. As she turned around she found KiKwang down on one knee. "Ki--KiKwang?" JiYoung stared at him shocked then back at her parents who were smiling at her.

"Jung JiYoung," KiKwang smiled in the pouring rain, "would you marry me?" JiYoung's eyes smiled and she felt her lips moving...

"Lee KiKwang.." She gave him a smiled. "You already know the answer to this difficult question"

Nicole pulled back her fallen piece of hair behind her ears and stared at her reflection in the mirror. Today seemed so different.

JunHyung was in the waiting room in the church, he took one last glance at himself in the room that had an old mirror.

Gyuri pinned the last piece of her hair. Her bridesmaid all smiled at her brightly with excitement in their eyes. Gyuri stood up and walked towards the mirror.

Nicole snipped her name tag onto her collar shirt and fixed her tie carefully. She then grabbed for her hat and watched herself putting her hat steadily on.

JunHyung was now getting nervous as he stared at himself, he retouched his tie for the last time and gave one last look at his reflection before heading out into the hall to greet the guest that were already coming in.

Gyuri turned to face her bridesmaid and gave them all a warm smile.

"Gyuri the ceremony is going to start soon." One of them said.

"I know," She smiled, "You guys can go first..." Gyuri looked around the small room, "I seemed to be missing something.." Gyuri gave them a worried look.

"We'll help.."

"No it's fine," Gyuri interrupted with a gentle smile on her face, "You've guys already helped me enough today, go greet everyone I'll follow behind in a bit." with that they all left Gyuri alone.

Nicole stared at the invitation card that sat silently on her desk still, she walked toward her desk and grabbed the card and headed out. In her left hand was a dozen of red roses. Nicole shut her apartment door shut and walked towards the elevator and enter between those two sliding doors.

JunHyung greeted the people as they came in one by one. In the back of his head he was wondering if Nicole was going to be coming or not. He stared at his watch it was now already 11 almost in the afternoon. As the last of the guest were coming in JunHyung found himself face to face with Gyuri.

Nicole stopped her car in front of the cemetery and walked towards Jaebeom's gravestone. She put down the flower and held back her tears this time.

"It's been a while now haven't it?" she question, "I've met a boy who's just like you...handsome, kind, sweet & his passion to make me happy." Nicole bit her upper lip so she wouldn't falter on her words..."you know I love you. I promise I'll find him I'll find the man that took you away from me." With those words Nicole walked back into her car and drove off.

"Gyuri why are you.." JunHyung was shocked he was looking at Gyuri who was wearing jeans and a sweater.

"I can't..." She gave him a bittersweet smile, "I can't say I do to someone who doesn't want to." Gyuri stared at both of their feet, and slowly slipped off the engagement ring he had gotten her, "I love you...I really do and I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier but when I was going to the night before I found you gone and then I knew where you had gone." Gyuri felt her tears falling, "Like how when you yelled out her name from that hill, I knew then it was her not me that you want to spend the rest of your life with." She handed the ring towards him, "take it...this doesn't belong to me, not anymore." She wiped away her tears and drew him a smile on her face. "I'll let everyone know. Don't you think you should at least go after her if you don't want something good to get away?" Gyuri watched as JunHyung hesitancy took back his ring, he leaned in-forward and gave her one last kiss on the forehead.

"Gyuri..I"

Nicole was outside in her car looking at the church, she stared at the parking lot that was filled with cars. She stared at her invitation card and then back at the church. She couldn't do it, she could get herself to get out of the car and go in, as Nicole turned off the car engine and was about to take the seat belt, she was getting a call from the office.

"Hello?" She question.

"We found him" Nicole's eyes widen,

"I'll be right there." Nicole dropped the invitation card onto the passenger seat and started her engine and drove off.

"Go," She gave him a smile, "Go after her." JunHyung stared back at the people already seated. "I'll take care of it, trust me." JunHyung gave her a smile and ran out the church doors and into the pouring rain. Gyuri took a deep breath and walked into the room filled with guests.

Nicole enter the station in a hurried. Everyone stared at her. Nicole walked into her office and found DongWoon and Office Kim both waiting for her already.

"You guys found him?" Nicole questioned. The two nod their heads and handed her the files.

Nicole scammed the files carefully reading "Kim Jing Su" name over and over in her head. She put down the files and stared up at the two officers.

"I'll take care of this by tonight." She gave both of them a relief smile.

"Nicole you can't do it alone." DongWoon smiled, "I'll be going with you."

"Son DongWoon," she smiled and reached out her arm DongWoon reached out and the two shook hands.

As JunHyung was getting his car started he started to had doubts running through his head. How could he be so selfish, he got out of his car and ran back into the church. He could hear people whispering amongst themselves. He then heard Gyuri's voice speaking through the microphone.

"Hello, good evening everyone."

"Why isn't she in her wedding dress?" JunHyung could hear some of the guest asking, "Ahh, it's true what the Yong's said then, of course JunHyung would run out on her."

JunHyung walked through the doors of the aisle and all eyes turned to him, Gyuri was surprised to see him. He was looking at Gyuri the whole time, he walked towards her down that aisle. Gyuri stood still watching as he approached her.

"JunHyung-Ah" Gyuri whisper to herself softly. He was now standing next beside her.

"Hello everyone, good evening..." He then turned to Gyuri and gave her a smile, "It was selfish of me to leave with no explanation...I'm sorry that you've wasted your time to come this far to see that me and Park Gyuri will not join hand in hand, vows in vows." As Gyuri was standing beside him her heart was still aching, but she knew the longer she hold onto him, she'll only feel pain since his love had already been given to some other than her. "There is no wedding today." JunHyung finished his last words and grabbed onto Gyuri's hands and the two headed out the church doors.

As they reached the parking lot Gyuri jerked her hands away from JunHyung,

"You can stop now." She said with a bitter smile on her face, "I'm not yours to save anymore." JunHyung turned around to face Gyuri, "It's getting late...hurry and go check on her."

Nicole stared at her watch it was now already 7 almost 8.

"So they'll be at this bar before 8, if we go now we can catch them." DongWoon stated as Nicole listen.

"We'll have backup waiting following you guys." Officer Kim said and told the two to hurry and go if they wanted to get the man.

Nicole grabbed her things and prepare herself for a night she knew she wouldn't forget. DongWoon and Nicole headed out into the night.

JunHyung stopped by Nicole's apartment and walked in. He got to her floor and knocked on her door. Nobody answer. He sat on the floor with his back against the wall waiting for Nicole.

As the two reached the Club, they sat in the car searching the crowd, Nicole then suddenly felt the coldness sweeping in on her, she saw the man that had killed Jaebeom 4 years ago staring right back at her then he walked into the club. Nicole turned away as calmly as she could.

"Do we just wait until they come or do you want to go in." DongWoon question.

"No, we'll just wait." Nicole reassured him, "a slow pace always win the race." Nicole loaded her gun and made herself comfortable in the seat.

JunHyung looked at watch it was now already 8 almost 9 he was wondering where Nicole could be. He then thought "Maybe she's a work" He stood up quickly and ran down the stairs into his car. As he go in his car engine wouldn't start, since he was in a rush he decided to go by feet. He slammed his car door shut and ran towards Nicole's workplace which was about 3miles away from where he was.

Nicole watched intensely and finally she found him walking out of the club with 4 other mans. They all got into a car and drove off.

"Follow them." DongWoon followed behind. Nicole felt her heart beating faster and faster, this was the first time she felt this scared.

JunHyung had some trouble fighting the crowded street of Seoul, as people were pushing against him. He finally was now standing in front of the police station huffing and puffing for some fresh air.

"It's a good thing that the rain stopped." Nicole reminded DongWoon. "Ah..." Nicole said in surprised. "Stop the car." DongWoon stop the car there were at least 3 other cars between theirs and Kim Jing Su's car. "DongWoon" Nicole was now speaking faster, "I'm just saying this once so listen carefully. Go park the car somewhere where you aren't noticeable, I'll be going on by feet now. Call for back up that they're here." Nicole looked out the window and it was her and Jaebeom's secret park. She felt her heart pounding faster and faster now. "Got that." Before DongWoon had the chance to react Nicole was already out of the car walking to the front entrance of the park.

"Is Nicole here by chance?" JunHyung question the lady if the front of the office.

"I'm sorry but she isn't in her office at the moment," The lady responded back.

"Do you know where she is?" He asked again. She looked at her computer screen since Nicole had a tracking device with her.

"I'm sorry I'm not suppose to give out any information," JunHyung nodded his head.

"Thank You." JunHyung walked out of the department as he got out he saw 5 cops car pulling out from the station. JunHyung walked back towards Nicole's apartment.

Nicole watched as the man were crossing over the bridge into the back of the old building, she followed behind without being notice.

JunHyung was walking and he stared from across the streets at the park, "She's probably over there." He thought to himself...he looked both ways and crossed the street as fast as he could.

Nicole followed them behind quietly and watched as the man walked into one of the buildings. Nicole was now pacing herself a bit faster and was now in front of the door. She could hear people talking.

"Aish you son of a" Nicole heard one of the man yelling, "Where is out money!"

"Shoot him." There words came cold down Nicole's spin, it was his voice...the man she had been searching for years, "It's not like anyone's going to be searching for him after tonight."

"No Please!! I have a----" Then there were shots being heard.

JunHyung turned his attention towards the bridge, "What was that?" He question himself and walked across the bridge. He was pacing himself.

Nicole could hear the footsteps of those man coming out she hid behind one of the old trashcans. As JunHyung reached the entrance he walked over to where he thought the sound was coming from.

"Hey!!" One of the man shouted, Nicole was staring at the figure infront of the man now.

"I heard a shot and I just..."

"Get out of here!" One of them shouted, she then realized it was JunHyung's voice.

"Alright alright..." JunHyung had his hands in front of him, "I'll be going now." As JunHyung turned around and was about to walk away the man pulled out his gun right as he was about to shoot Nicole stood up and yelled.

"Put down your gun!!" Nicole was now pointing her gun at the man. JunHyung turned around and found a gun pointing at him and Nicole standing there. "I said put down the gun!" The man had his hand up and dropped the gun, Nicole was moving back towards where JunHyung was. "Get out of here NOW!" Nicole yelled at JunHyung.

He was shocked and was speechless.

"Yong JunHyung I said get out of this place now!" While Nicole yelled out those words there were more of those thugs coming out of the buildings.

Nicole saw Kim Jing Su coming out clapping.

"Bravo Bravo, you found me." Nicole felt a board swing straight toward her knees and she fell onto the ground dropping her gun, as JunHyung tried to pulled Nicole a bat swung across his knees.

The two were blindfolded and had lost conscience.

Nicole felt her body aching, sore and she then realized she had been beaten. Nicole opened her eyes and saw a dim light in front of her she could hear a voice echoing.

"Nicole---Nicole.." She then saw a figure on the ground, it was JunHyung. Nicole quickly tried to gain her vision and she pulled herself towards him, her feet ached but she knew she could still walk on the pain.

"JunHyung-Ah!" Nicole voice cracked as she yelled his name.

"Awh, doesn't this remind you of something?" She heard a voice and all the lights . They were now inside the building and all those thugs were standing behind Kim Jing Su.

As Nicole got to JunHyung she tried to pull him up and JunHyung had the strength.

DongWoon sat in his car now worries, it had been 3hrs since Nicole had come, he took out his phone and called for backups. After he finished he got out of his car and walked over towards the park.

"Shoot them!" One of the man said and everyone started to chant it.

"SHUT UP!" Kim Jing Su shouted and everyone quiet down, "Say your last words to each other," he gave both of them a smile, JunHyung's body was tied up. He was bloody, but he still kept a smile on his face as he looked at Nicole,

"I just wanted to say..." JunHyung smiled at Nicole who had tears in her eyes.

"You can't! We'll get out of this place trust me!!" Nicole shouted.

"Alright," Kim Jing Su laughed and walked towards the two he pointed his gun right on JunHyung's heart and smiled.

Nicole felt her head spinning round, her vision became blur again she saw Jing Su talking to her pulling JunHyung's head and pointing the gun towards his heart, the whole time Nicole was trying to loosen the rope on her hand the blood on her hands were now noticeable and she could feel it.

"One, two..."

She slid the rope off her hands and her vision became clear again, she reached out to grab the gun and two shots were heard.

All the cops came in from different direction sirens were now being heard.

"PUT ALL YOUR GUNS DOWN OR WE'LL SHOOT!!" Cops came from the back door and the front door, there were cops coming from onto of the roof through the glass windows. The thugs were all on the floor now including Jing Su, Nicole turned to where JunHyung's body was laying.

Junhyung was rushed to the hospital, Nicole assured the officers that she was fine that she didn't want any treatment due to her stubbornness they gave into her words. Nicole sat in the waiting from with DongWoon, as the two sat there waiting, DongWoon heard dripping sounds he looked at the floor there he saw blood forming he turned next to him and saw Nicole had been shot in the back.

"Nicole!" He gave a shout and the other police office came rushing in, "I NEED A DOCTOR!!! I NEED A DOCTOR!!!"

"DongWoon-Ah..." Nicole's voice was faint, "I'll be okay," her head fell onto his chest there she rested her head.

The doctors rushed Nicole into the emergency room. The Yong and Jung's were informed and were all at the hospital hoping for the best.

"Oh what to do what to do?" The mothers cried into the fathers arms.

Nicole woke up to find herself sleeping on the hospital bed. The rain was audible outside, her room was dark the only light was coming from the window and underneath the hospital door. She saw the door opening and a figure walking towards her.

Her vision wasn't so great in the dark but she notice the flower that the person put next to her, it was the flower she had brought to Jaebeom's earlier in the day. His face was now clear to her it was Jaebeom in his suit, he sat beside her.

"Nicole, you're awake now." He smiled at her as he grabbed for her hand. She stared at him who had tears in his eyes.

"Jaebeom." She felt cold tears running down her eyes, and she gave him a smile "have you come for me?" He shook his head.

"No...I came to see you before I go, I came to send you a message it's not your time to go yet." He leaned forward to wipe away her tears, "you've found someone new so my job is done now. Those winds that you felt every night was me trying to comfort you. As I watched you cry every single night of your life. It hurts. Now you'll be sleeping with a smile on your face."

"No..." Nicole's voice was low and weak, Jaebeom looked back at the door.

"I gotta go.." He leaned in and kissed her lips, "I gotta go." He stood up and walked away. He opened the door and stared back a Nicole one last time and vanished through those door.

"Jaebeom!" Nicole scrambled off the bed and fell hard onto the cold floor, "DON'T GO!!"

Nicole's eyes open and she could hear the people around her chatting away.

"Nicole! You're awake!" Nicole saw the officers and her family around her in her room. The rain was pouring hard She was laying on the hospital bed beside her was the flowers she had saw. In the crowded room in the back she could see Jaebeom with his head down, then he turned around walking towards the door, Nicole didn't lose sight of him, before he walked out he turned around and gave her one last bittersweet smile and walked out the doors.

"JAEBEOM!" Nicole yelled and scrambled off the bed the officers held Nicole back onto the bed, "You can't go!!" Nicole's tears roar down her checks her parents holding onto each other as they watched the officers trying to calm Nicole down, "Why couldn't it be me!! WHY!"

3month later

Nicole was moving her room around, she grabbed the picture frame of her and Jaebeom she stared at it for awhile, she slid her hands across the glass and smiled.

"I won't be stuck on you anymore huh?" She question herself. "I can't feel you here anymore...it was me keeping you here this whole time."

She put the picture frames into a box and slid it under her bed. She grabbed her journal and open the pages and ripped out the pages that she had wrote about Jaebeom and threw it into the trash and only kept the journals of JunHyung.

Nicole walked out of her bedroom door and found the blanket and pillow nicely folded on the couch, as she made her way towards the kitchen JunHyung came out of the bathroom.

"Oh good morning" He smiled, Nicole gave him a smiled and kept on walking towards the kitchen he followed her behind.

The two sat down and ate their cereal.

"Ah Nicole." JunHyung asked while chewing his cereal. "I had a weird dream last night." He then swallowed and looked at Nicole who was still eating her cereal slowly. "Do you want to know?"

"Was I in it?" Nicole smiled,

"How did you know?" He looked shocked and then smiled

"I heard you sleep talking again"

"Well in my dreams I told this girl named Jung Nicole, would you marry me?" He smiled,

"Well you want to know something?" Nicole smiled "I had a good dream last night you want to hear it?" JunHyung nod his head. "I dream that this boy named Yong JunHyung asked me to be his wife."

JunHyung smiled and put up his left hand and Nicole did the same, the two were wearing each others ring.

"Well, you want to hear something?" He smiled, "I love you"



---------------------------------------------------------
Authors Note: Hello to my readers! Thank you guys for the support on this fanfic. I hope you guys enjoyed it. I know sadly this story has to come an end somehow right? Hopefully you guys aren't to disappointed in my ending. I must say this has got to be one of the most enjoyable fanfic I had written. I'm glad I was able to share with you guys.

P.S. A SHOUT-OUT TO SHINeeKara~ @Karaholic I want to thank you for being with me from the start and for always checking for my updates, you really help me to finish this story!! I can't thank you enough.