Chapter 11 "Rain"

The Sound of Rain


"DongWoon-Shii?" He turned around and gave her a smile.

"I have something to ask you...remember?" Nicole was confused at his words. DongWoon stood up and walked over toward where Nicole had been standing. "Are you still getting engaged?"

"It's been over a month, if I was engaged don't you think you'll know?" Nicole gave him a small grin and walked over to her desk and sat down. "If that's all you wanted to ask me the door is right in front of you." Nicole started to look through the piles of files that lied on her desk.

"Jung Nicole, there seems to be an open sea between us that we can’t seem to cross" His voice was low, his head was bent looking down staring at his feet. "But I know if you just meet me half way maybe...maybe we can be something." Nicole stop searching the file she was stunned by his words, DongWoon lift his head up and stared right at Nicole. "Jung Nicole, would you date me?" Nicole shift her attention towards him her face was filled with shocking expression. "So...what do you say?"

"How about this one?" Gyuri asked JunHyung who was sitting in front of her who looked lazy searching through his phone. "JunHyung!" Gyuri asked louder still wearing the wedding dress. He still payed no attention.

After the two finished shopping and preparing the last arrangement the two sat in the car awkward not talking to one another. Gyuri stared out the car window from the passenger side not saying a word. She watches as the rain started to pour down onto the cold cement of Seoul.

JunHyung who was driving payed no attention toward Gyuri who seemed a bit down and sadden. He pressed on gas as they came to a end.

"Where are we?" Gyuri question as she notice the view outside was different. "JunHyung?" She stared at him who took a deep breath and got out of the car.

The two had came to a stop, it was near some houses that were stacked up in the hills from there view they could see over Seoul. Gyuri watched as JunHyung was getting soaked out in the rain he was standing near the edge or the hill. He walked back in the car turned the engine on.

"Gyuri blast the music on okay?" He asked her and the music player and blasted the music on. He then closed his door and went to stand next to the edge again while Gyuri waited in the car where he wasn't audible only the music.

"YAH!" Gyuri could only see him body movements, his arms were both rising in the air. "Jung Nicole!!" Gyuri lower the music and he became audible. "I'm sorry that I can't be the person to remove all the hurt! I'm sorry that I've become only a memory that will only stay in your past! There's that wall that we both couldn’t overcome," His voice started to falter, Gyuri could hear him clearly as he shouted in the rain. JunHyung's eyes became weary and red as the rain mixed with his tears. "My own rain is being swept away by the sound of the rain, I told myself if me leaving you alone is doing something good for you then I'm fine...as long as you're happy" JunHyung's arms fell back to his side Gyuri saw as he used his right hand and pounded onto his heart. "Right here, right where you left your mark hurts...but since I'm a man I'm told not to shed tears...but how am I not to when it's you I'm losing." Gyuri covered as felt her body aching her heartbeat became faster as her tears that began to fall, Gyuri closed her eyes he tears ran down coldly. "Jung Nicole, lets end now. Unknowingly I fell in love."

JunHyung watched over Seoul, Gyuri wiped away her tears and watched him again.

"Gyuri!" He gave out another loud shout, "I'm sorry..." She watched him as he took a deep breath, "I'm sorry that I wasn't able to hold onto the feelings you gave to me back then...I told myself over and over that maybe if I stayed with you I'll forget everything that had happened but it aches when I'm next to you, knowing you've done me wrong..." Gyuri covered her ears and shut her eyes tight, she heard herself gave out a soft sob, "I'm an awful person!" With that Gyuri opened her eyes and saw JunHyung's back turned toward her still. She wiped away her tears and blasted the music back on.

JiYoung had finished packing her belonging at her parents house. KiKwang was downstairs talking to Mr. and Mrs.Jung about JiYoung and the baby.

"Aish, where's my notebook?" She question herself as she searched her room.

"Ah, I promise I'll take good care of her." KiKwang smiled as he took another sip of his coffee.

"You two are still young, but I'm sure you'll both learn a lot from living together." Mrs.Jung smiled and grabbed onto Mr.Jung's hand.

JiYoung pulled out her small stool as she tried to reach the top of her bookshelf. She carefully stood on the stoop and tip toed trying to reach for the notebook she was looking for. Her hands were trying to reach as far as she could.

"Omo!!"

KiKwang and JiYoung's parents heard a loud thud from upstairs they all stood up and headed upstairs.

Afternoon came by fast, Nicole was already heading back home from work. She was exhausted more than ever. As she enter her car she sat in there with her eyes closed there she rested for a good 5mins. She listened as the rain was dropping little by little outside.

As Nicole got home, she threw her belonging onto the sofa and headed into her room. She changed into a more comfortable outfit. As she pulled her bob cut hair back she stared at her desk and saw the invitation card to JunHyung and Gyuris wedding just sitting there. She then thought about what DongWoon had said earlier.

-Flash Back-
********************************************************
Jung Nicole, would you date me?" Nicole shift her attention towards him her face was filled with shocking expression. "So...what do you say?"

"DongWoon, let's not joke around in here..." Nicole smiled at him and went back to the files.

"I'm just a joke huh?" DongWoon gave out a small sigh and walked out of her office.
-End of Flash Back-
********************************************************


Nicole heard her phone ringing and picked up.

"Hello?"

Nicole rushed to the hospital and found Gyuri sitting. As Nicole approached closer Gyuri turned toward Nicole's direction and stood up to greet her.

"Hello," Gyuri greeted Nicole warmly.

"Hello," Nicole returned her a smile.

"Why are you here?" Gyuri asked her.

"I'm here for my little sister, she seemed to had have an accident."

"Nicole!" Mrs.Jung yelled from across the hallway, her eyes were red.

"Umma.." Nicole turned her attention away from Gyuri and walked toward her mother. "How's JiYoung, how's the baby?" Mrs.Jung shook her head in disappointment. Nicole felt her heart drop.

Nicole enter JiYoung's hospital room, as she walked in she say JiYoung fast asleep. Her face seemed pale her lips were dry and Nicole felt her tears falling, she sat down beside her and grabbed for her hand.

"I'm so sorry," Nicole whisper, "I'm sorry I wasn't supportive about everything and how I yelled at you...I know you're disappointed in me, I know you're sad because out of everyone you thought I would be the one on your side and you're right I should've been on your side" Nicole brushed JiYoung's hair, "I wanted to be a aunt, I wanted to apologize."

"Unnie..." Nicole heard JiYoung's weak voice whispering her name. JiYoung opened her eyes and gave Nicole a weak smile, "I don't want you to apologize..." her tears began to run down outer corner of her eyes, "As long as you're here with me I'm okay..." Nicole face was shocked and her tears had fallen, "You're my big sister and I'll never be mad at you." Nicole gave JiYoung a hug but she could feel JiYoung's pain and how hurt she must've felt.

Nicole enter her bedroom door, it was now already late into the night, she had been with JiYoung the whole afternoon. Her parents had told her to head back home KiKwang was staying overnight with JiYoung at the hospital. She sat on her bed looking at the picture frame of her and Jaebeom once again. She felt her heart beating away and her tears began to form. She lied down her bed staring at the ceiling, the wind was passing by faster than any other night. The rain poured harder outside thunder and lightning followed behind.

Nicole stood up to close her bedroom window, it was now darker in her room, she had the lights off and there in bed she lied only a small pitch of light was coming from outside even with that small light it was dark since the clouds were moving in the night sky of Seoul. Nicole turned to sleep on her right side and looked at the picture carefully and with that she feel asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Nicole awoken to the sound of thunder roaring outside, she rubbed her eyes and found herself resting her head on Jaebeom's shoulders. In front of her and his secret park, they were sitting at there hiding place.

"You're awake" He smiled at her, Nicole quickly sat up straight and stared at him, "Are you okay?" He gave her a confuse look," Nicole was shocked, she must be dreaming she told herself. She saw him smiling warmly at her, "why aren't you saying anything?"

"Jaebeom..." Nicole felt her lips moving, "Is it really you?" He just kept smiling at her.

"If it wasn't really me would I be here with you right now?" Nicole smiled and reached out to hug him, it felt nice his warmth she could feel his hands wrapped around her. It was a sunny day the willow tree was beautiful the pond was clear. They sat there watching as the world was passing by them.

"Nicole." Jaebeom finally spoke, "I have to go now."

"Why?" Nicole turned to face him with a disappointment

"I can't stay..." Nicole felt her tears becoming visible, "don't cry...I know you're missing me and the pictures you hold tight doesn't do you any good," his words became loud and clear "you're forever mine Nicole, I'll take you with me if I could but I can't." He leaned forward and kissed Nicole's forehead, "I'll kiss you in your sleep but heaven's calling me. I hope you understand...just because I'm not with you all the time doesn't mean I don't love you, I'll see you again.." He stood up and began walking away. Nicole stood up and chased after him, he was already walking across the bridge heading back toward the playground, as Nicole got to the bridge she fell off."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicole sat up straight on her bed, she heard the wind passing slowly by her bedroom window, the rain had already stopped she stared at her clock it was already 6 in the early morning, Nicole stared at the picture of Jaebeom and her, Nicole's tears ran down her face once more. She slowly touched her forehead where Jaebeom had kissed her.

"I wish you got down on that one knee, I wished you pulled out that ring..." Nicole closed her eyes and her tears rushed out from the outer corner of her eyes and then she fell back onto her bed laying listening as the wind passed by her.


P.S. I'm sorry this is a short chapter, I've been super busy & school's starting soon for me noooooooo :(