Chapter 12 "This Part"

The Sound of Rain


Nicole’s eyes stared into the whiteness of her ceiling. Her heart was racing towards the thought of everything that came crashing down onto her emotions. She thought about Jaebeom and the more she thought the more she wanted him next to her again. The coldness grew thicker as if it was going to eat her whole.
“You fool…” Nicole whispered to herself silently, “you have to find a way to get over him…”
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1 week later…

JunHyung awoken to the sound of the rain pouring against his window shield. He slowly stood up and yawned while his two hands were up in the air as he stretched them out. He got out of bed and walked over to his calendar. He stood dumb as he stared at his calendar, he reached over toward his desk and grabbed his pen, he then crossed out "October 23,2010"

"What do I do? I'm one day away from never seeing her again..." He silently thought to himself, "Do I go on and live with the choice I've made?"

JunHyung hadn't kept in contact with Nicole or stopped by her apartment for the past weeks that had gone by. His days were longer his feelings didn't fade yet they only grew stronger. He threw his pen at his desk and opened his bedroom door there he found Gyuri setting the table up.

"Oh you're awake" She gave him a warm smiled and put his chopsticks down and sat down first, "since you're awake lets eat" JunHyung gave her a smiled and walked towards the bathroom. Gyuri's bright faced fell into a small frown.

Nicole brushed off her fallen hair as she stared at herself in the bathroom mirror. She stared at her refelction, then turned away and headed out into her bedroom. She grabbed for her name tag and snipped it on to her shirt. She gave out a long sigh and stared out her bedroom window. The clouds weren't going away yet the wind was calm. She smiled at the world as she turned away she accidently bumped into her desk and there she saw the invitation card. She stared at it for a while then walked out of her bedroom and out of her apartment.

JiYoung packed up her belongings as school was starting again for her. She was moving back into the dorms. KiKwang gave a silent knock on her bedroom door. JiYoung turned to see who it was.

"Oh...KiKwang-ah" She said with a low tone, "why are you here?"

"I came to check up on you." He gave her a smile and walked next to her, he leaned down and started helping her pack.

JiYoung watched as he began putting her stuff into her box. Her emtions started to kick in, her feelings started to spill.

"I'm sorry." She blurted out.

"For what?" He question her without looking at her. "It wasn't your fault." He stopped and then stared at her and the both of thier eyes met.

"It's just..." JiYoung felt her voice faltering, "It's just..." she broke down and the words couldn't come out KiKwang gave her a smile and hugged her.

"Shh, don't cry." He held her tight in his arms, "As long as I didn't lose you everything is fine."

As Nicole enter the entrance of the station a gush of wind passed through her and out the door. She stood still for awhile, her right hand on the handle of the door holding it open. She stared down on her feet and took a deep breath an walked in.

"Good morning," she was back to her unemotional expression.

She walked in to find DooJoon sitting at her desk, he turned around and stood up to greet her.

"DooJoon..." Nicole was surpised, "why are you here?" She gave him a smile.

"Before I left I wanted to tell you something."

"Leaving?" She question him as she stood at the same spot,

"I'm heading back to the States." He moved towards Nicole, he was now infront face to face with Nicole

"DooJoon-Ah" Nicole stared up to look into his eyes, "aren't you and Hara together?"

"No, she knew all along that it was you. She thought maybe if we pretended we were together you'll notice that you had feelings for me too...but it seemed as I lost that chance" He gave her a warm smile.

"DooJoon..." His name was all she could say,

"This is the part where you tell me don't go and that you want me next to you." He gave her a weak smile, "That's if we were in a movie, because if we were you would be with me...but I'm not the main charater in your life...I know you're stronger than all those time I've seen you cry." He leaned forward and kissed Nicole on the forehead, "I'll miss you Jung Nicole, you always had a way to make everything so easy, but letting you go you made that impossible." With that DooJoon walked away from Nicole open her office door slowly, he turned back to Nicole's back turned to him, "This is the part you say your goodbye and I pretened I'm alright with it all. That I'm not hurt leaving everything behind." He said his last piece to Nicole, then he closed the door behind him and Nicole could hear his footsteps getting further away.

She turned around and stared at her door. Nicole felt her tears coldly slipping off her eyes, she walked toward her door and swung it open and ran through the hall.

"Nicole where are you going?!" Some of the officers asked shocklingly as they watched Nicole running out of the station doors.

Nicole stop and turned her body angle trying to find DooJoon in the crowd. She took out her phone and clicked her speed dial. She was puffing the cold air in and out of her lungs.

"Sorry the number you've reached as been disconnected." Nicole slowly removed her phone away from her ears and her hand slowly fell to the side of her body. She searched the crowd with her eyes but DooJoon was nowhere to be seen.

From the building across the crowded street DooJoon watched Nicole who looked confuse and lost. He knew she had been looking for him, his tears ran down his cold face. He wiped away his tears and started walking away there he blended into the crowd and was gone.

JunHyung and Gyuri were both at the church getting everything ready for the big day tomorrow. His parents and her parents were talking outside as the two couple were inside.

"Do you think you made the right decision?" Gyuri asked him.

"I don't know," he smiled "do you think it's a mistake?"

"It is if you're not happy." Gyuri pinned the last flower on the back of the seat and walked away from JunHyung. As she got to the front of the doors she turned around watching as JunHyung engaged into fixing the church up for tomorrow. She smiled and walked out.

After they've finished setting everything up the two went out for lunch. The two sat in silence only hearing the people around them chatting away. As their food came they both ate not talking to one another. Gyuri stole some glances at JunHyung who barely touched his food but was only interested in his phone. After the two got back in the car Gyuri was exhausted.

"JunHyung." She asked him in a low tone, "You've been acting so different these past few days." Too Gyuri's suprise she felt his hands on hers.

"You know I love you," with those words her smile became visible, he turned to look at Gyuri with a smile on his face "Then the two drove off. The day was already coming to an end.

Nicole enter her apartment, she closed the door behind her and slipped on her slippers. She headed back into her room. She sat at her desk with both hands over her face. The night was fogging up with the grey clouds. The wind passed her bedroom window that was closed. She uncovered her face and saw JunHyung's invitation card just sitting there. In-front of Nicole was her notebook. She grabbed for it and opened the book to where her pen had been put in there.

"Entry#1 Dear Jung Nicole," she whispered it to herself and started to read.

September 15,2010
Entry#1 Dear Jung Nicole,
Tonight was the first night I saw you like this...you're not a women who knows how to drink yet you wanted to. You told me I reminded you of your boyfriend. I saw your tears fall tonight and I being a fool didn't know how to comfort you I'm sorry. I guess it's true what they say, so many things can change in just 1 or 2 weeks. I know your heart hurts and is filled up with pain, but drinking only makes it worst. Hope you feel better ^^
Sincerely,
Yong JunHyung


Nicole flipped through her notebook reading every entry JunHyung had wrote, it was around 11o'clock.

"Entry#8," she said to herself, "Entry#17" Nicole kept reading entry after entry.

October 5,2010
Entry#33 Dear Nicole,

It's been a while since we've met face to face, but I think it's about time we don't meet at all. Seeing your cold expression today, always having trouble trying to reach out to you is just too much now. Have you been well, are you okay? That's all I care about...this heart of mines doesn't understand my head. Unknowingly I fell in love, but who can I tell? This guilt that stabs repeatedly, I already have someone waiting on me...is this a bad thing? Watching you from a distance, seeing you hurt is that something I do for you? Jung Nicole, meeting you was no regrets...the only regret I have is not being able to tell you all these feelings I've hidden here in your notebook. Love is not intentional, falling for you is not intentional not stopping myself was. This is my last entry.......this is my biggest regret not being able to be with you...

Love, Yong JunHyung


Nicole felt her heart drop, she closed her notebook and slid it away from her. She stood up and changed into her sleeping clothes. She curled up in bed and stared at her ceiling listening to her heart beat beating away and now the rain became audible to her ears. She closed her eyes and blackness was all she saw.

JunHyung laid in bed tossing and turning. He finally sat up on his bed and stared at his clock it was 2 in the morning and he had to be up at 5 to get ready for his and Gyuri's big day. He sat looking out his window now, he could hear the rain he then grabbed his phone. He waited as the phone ranged on the other line.

"Hello?" JunHyung was shocked and couldn't say anything,

"Hello?" Nicole question again,

"Nicole..." he finally spoke, "Can we meet each other tonight?"

Junhyung was outside Nicole's apartment building he saw her walking out of the building, wearing a jacket sweatpants and her rain boots. He got out of his car holding on an umbrella and walked towards her covering her from the rain and escorted her back to his car open the passenger sear door for her and walked back to the drivers seat.

As he got back in the car he could she her sitting shivering trying to keep herself warm. He close the door and put his umbrella in the back seat and the two drove up to the hill top looking over Seoul. It was almost 3 the two sat as the rain poured on top of the car.

"What did you want to say?" Nicole asked him as she stared out the window.

"I just wanted to see you before today came..."

"I saw your entries that you wrote..." JunHyung was surprised and looked at her. "I've just finally saw it a couple hours back." She smiled, "you're getting married Yong JunHyung, but why are you here this late at night with me?"

"I wanted to tell you," he grabbed her hand and put it on his chest where his heart was, "because right here is where you left your mark..."

"Then erase it," Nicole gave him a bittersweet smile as the tears came down her face, she looked at her phone it was 3:30 in the morning now "in less than 5hrs from now you and I would be forgotten. It's felt like I've known you for my entire life...even though it's only been a month. I guess it is true so many things can happen and change all so fast in a month. After today this is all just history we won't be able to go back. Unknowingly I fell for you too...but while we both were falling for each other we both were still holding onto our past, that's why we couldn't overcome that wall between us." Nicole wiped away her tears, "I don't want to hear what you have to say." She try to give him a smile, "take me home."

As the got back to Nicole's place it was already a little past 4:04 Nicole opened the door and walked back into the building JunHyung watched as she went in without looking back at him. As the door shut behind Nicole JunHyung drove back to his place.

As he enter his room he had less than an hour left to finally relax, he lied down on his bed and fell asleep. Nicole was curled up her eyes shut but the tears wouldn't stop falling just like the rain outside her bedroom window.