Chapter 10 "Tears"

The Sound of Rain


"Nicole..." JunHyung's voice tremble and Nicole slowly turned to face him. He could see her eyes were swollen red, her tears were pacing down and fast.

"October 25?" Nicole's husky voice question him, "Is this a joke?" her voice started to falter, her face expression filled with hurt emotions.

"I can explain." JunHyung drop down next to her and grabbed her body towards his. He held her and there they stayed as Nicole gave out a small cry. Her arms suddenly were now wrapped tightly around his waist. JunHyung had his arms around her body, while his head was resting lightly onto hers. "Nicole..." She didn't answer he then became silent and throughout the room all you could hear was Nicole's loud sobs.

He held tighter onto her, he could fell her arms gripping onto him. He was speechless at that point. He didn't know weather he should let go, or hold onto her a bit longer. He then felt Nicole pulling herself away from him.

"I'm sorry." She wiped away her tears as she slowly pulled away from him and stood up. "I overreacted a bit...it's just that fact that you're wedding date is..." Nicole stop herself and turned away putting the card onto her desk. "I'll try to make it..." She then turned around looking at JunHyung who now pulled himself up from her bedroom floor.

"Nicole." JunHyung replied, "What Gyuri said..."

"No need to apologize, every girl gets angry seeing their boyfriend with another girl...I understand." Nicole gave him a weak smile. She then turned around to open her bedroom window the clouds were still grey but the rain had stop pouring. She then turned back to face him, "I don't think we should meet again."

"What?" He question her.

DooJoon and Hara stood outside Nicoles front door waiting as they had already knocked. Nicole walked past JunHyung out the door and checked who was knocking. JunHyung then turned around following behind Nicole.

"Hara & DooJoon" Nicole was confused, yet she gesture for the two to enter her home. The two slipped off their shoes and walked into the living room as Nicole closed the door behind her.

"Oh Hello" JunHyung politely bowed and greeted the two.

"Hello." They both greeted JunHyung back.

"Oh aren't you..." DooJoon stared back at Nicole who was standing near the entrance of the the living room. "The guy who was here last time?"

"Nicole-Ah?" Hara question, "Is this your boyfriend?" She then turned to give JunHyung a confuse look.

"Oh no, he's just a friend...he was just leaving right?" Nicole smiled at JunHyung and eyed him towards the door.

"Oh right, it was nice meeting you guys. I'll be taking my leave now." JunHyung quickly went to slip his shoes back on and then he was out of the apartment. The door slam shut and Nicole gave Hara and DooJoon a sweet smile.

The three sat around in Nicole's living space and chatted away. Nicole felt uneasy as she watched DooJoon and Hara sitting together closely as if they were a couple, she was confused on how their friendship had suddenly become so strong.

"Oh." Hara smiled, "Nicole we have something to tell you." Her eyes became bright and big.

"What is it?" Nicole tried to sound enthusiastic.

"I'm sure you've notice...but me and DooJoon are actually a couple now." Haras smile was huge and Nicoles smile turned emotionless.

"That's great to hear." Nicole turned her attention toward DooJoon who had his attention on the floor. "How long now?" Nicole smiled and turned her attention back to Hara.

"We've just been together for a couple weeks...or you can say just a few weeks." Hara smiled, "We came to tell you the news...Aren't you happy for us?" Hara question Nicole and her smile turned into a frown.."you don't look to happy are you okay Nicole?"

"Oh no it's just I..I just got back from the hospital today again."

"Why?" DooJoon interrupted Nicole without glancing at her, "Why where you in the hospital again?" Nicole and Hara were both silent. DooJoon stood up and grabbed for Hara's hands. "Hara let me take you home." Hara stared up at DooJoon and lightly nod her head in confusion.

"Nicole, stay healthy I'll call you later." Hara bowed to Nicole and stood up.

"Hara how about you go start the car and wait for me, I'll be down in a bit." Hara just shook her head and left the apartment first.

After Hara left, Nicole stood up and walked past DooJoon. He grabbed onto her right arm and Nicole stop.

"Please let go of me." Nicoles voice was low and shallow.

"You're not one bit hurt?" He question her.

"Why would I?" Nicole question him back, "A close friend of mines is dating my best-friend...why would I be hurt?" From the sound of Nicoles voice, DooJoon knew she was lying. "There's nothing else to do but be happy right?" Nicole then turned around to face him, "If you think this is hurting me, you're wrong." Nicole felt her tears falling slowly one by one, "I thought I've hidden all my tears away so deep that no one would ever see them except me...but it seems as if everyone just wants to see them fall..." she gave him a weak and bitter smile "I thought maybe...maybe you could've been the one, I guess I'm wrong. It should've been your flowers, I should've left it to die not his...it should've been your flowers that I buried away..." Nicole slowly pulled DooJoons left hand off her right arm. "make her happy..." Nicole walked slowly into her room.

"What if I told you I liked you?" his voice was low and hurt. Nicole stop and turned around wiping away her fallen tears.

"If you told me you liked me, I'll tell you not too." Nicole gave him a force smile and turned around closing her bedroom door behind her.

As she closed the door she fell onto her knees and used both of her hands to cover so that her cried wouldn't be heard. DooJoon stood outside dumbfounded he remember when he had told Hara the same exact words. He turned around and walked out of Nicole's apartment he locked her door before heading out. He shut the door slowly behind him and walked into the elevator. As he enter the garage he found Hara touching her phone waiting patiently for him. She looked up to find DooJoon and gave him a sweet smile, he returned the smile and got in the car. The night was still young, with that the two drove off.

JiYoung was at the clinic with her mother and KiKwang she was already 1month into her pregnancy and was checking up on the baby every 1month.

"Hello how are you doing today Jung JiYoung?" Dr.Hwang asked as she entered the room.

"I'm doing fine thank you," JiYoung replied back with a smile.

"Okay if you would just lay up here for me," She patted to the bed beside her. Dr.Hwang pasted the cream onto JiYoungs stomach and began the altra sound. "Since you're only 1 month into your preganacy you won't see much result." She smiled and kept rolling the device around JiYoungs stomach.

KiKwang and Mrs.Jung watched the t.v. screen and could see a little baby figure like.

"Is that it?" KiKwang moved next to JiYoung who was laying down staring at the t.v. screen.

"Yes, oh and if you guys don't mind I think I might just have gender for the two of you." Dr.Hwang smiled with excitement.

"Ah," JiYoung stared at KiKwang who now held onto her hands and nod his head, "Yes we would like to know the gender." She smiled at last.

"Well congratualation you two are going to be parents to a handsome boy."

"We...we're having a boy.." KiKwang's face became shocked and happy at the same time. "JiYoung-Ah! We're going to have a boy!!" He shout with joy and kissed her in the forehead.

"Oh JiYoung honey," Mrs.Jung had her hands over and tears began to form. "I'm so happy for you and KiKwang" She walked over and kissed JiYoung's left cheek,"

"We're really having a boy.." JiYoung smiled and stared at the t.v. screen.

JunHyung was in his bedroom practicing the new song he had made just a couple of hours ago after he had gotten back from Nicole's place. He had his guitar and played the song, he could still hear Gyuri outside setting the table up for dinner.

He ignored it and kept writing down his lyrics.

"JunHyung." Gyuri knocked on his bedroom door. "Dinner is ready, come eat it while it's still hot." He could see Gyuris shadow moving away from the bottom of his bedroom door. He put his guitar on his bed and stood up and went into their small kitchen.

Gyuri was already eating when she saw JunHyung walking out of his bedroom and taking the seat across from him.

"Are you still mad at me?" She asked him.

"You already know the answer." JunHyung picked up his chopsticks and grabbed his bowl of rice in his left hands and started to eat.

"So you're not?" She question him clueless again.

"Gyuri stop it," he put down his chopstick and bowl of rice, "you're not the victim here...she is. I'm not in the mood to eat, please don't bother me I have a song to write." JunHyung left the table and Gyuri could hear his bedroom door slowly closing.

JunHyung picked up his phone and waited as the phone ring on the other line.

"Hello?"

"Oh Yoseob...I got a new song down, lets meet up tonight."

"Hyung, it's so late lets practice tomorrow..." Yoseobs voice was tired.

"I'll be over at your place in a bit, call HyunSeung too. Bye" JunHyung hanged up before Yoseob had another chance to speak.

"Hyun...Aish" Yoseob stared at his phone and scratch his head, "why is he acting like this all of a sudden?" He stared to dial and waited. "Oh HyunSeung Hyung, JunHyung Hyung wants you to come over to my place...he has a new song he wants us to practice...yeah now."

Nicole was sitting at her desk looking out the window, the rain was still pouring. She sat in the darkness and silence crept upon her. She looked at the vase filled of DooJoons roses. Her hands leaned forward touching the pale flower petals. She then turned away and her small lamp that sat on her desk.

She stood up and sat down on the floor next to her bed and reached under her bed pulling out the box she had hidden underneath there. Nicole opened the box and stared at the dull flowers she had left to die. The color had faded into nothing but a dull green and dark pale red where shown.

"Because you remind me of him, because you care so much just like him, because everything that you do reminds me of him...because you'll also leave me on the same day he did, I don't want my past to repeat..." Nicole slid her hands across the dead flowers. The silence made the rain seem so loud. She wiped away her fallen tears again, "Tried so hard, but I'm at my breaking point...tears will fall just like the rain. Then would I feel at ease?"

Yoseob and HyunSeung took a look at the lyrics that JunHyung had been writing.

"On Rainy Days?" HyunSeung question JunHyung who was sitting across from the both of them with a warm cup of coffee in both of his hands.

"Yeah, On Rainy Days..." JunHyung nodded his head, "You don't like it?"

"Hyung I like it." Yoseob smiled. "Sing it for us," JunHyung reached over and grabbed his lyrics. He pulled out his guitar and started to play.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪ ♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪ ♪♪♪♪♪
When the world turns dark, and the rain quietly falls, everything is still
Even today, without a doubt, I can’t get out of it, I can’t get out from the thoughts of you

 

Now I know that it’s the end, I know that it’s all just foolishness, Now I know that it’s not true
I am just disappointed in myself for, Not being able to get a hold of you because of that pride

 

On the rainy days you come and find me, Torturing me through the night, When the rain starts to stop, you follow
Slowly, little by little, you will stop as well

 

I must be drunk, I think I need to stop drinking, Since the rain is falling, I think I might fall as well
Well this doesn't mean that I miss you, no it doesn't mean that, It just means that the time we had together was a bit sharp
When it's the type of day that you really liked, I keep opening the raw memories of you
Making the excuse that it's all memories, I take a step forward, I don't even make the effort to escape

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪ ♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪ ♪♪♪♪♪

As JunHyung stopped himself from singing further on. He stop strumming his guitar Yoseob and HyunSeung sat amazed.

"Why did you stop?!" Yoseob stood up to pat JunHyung's back, "is this song for Gyuri Noona?"

"This song is really good," HyunSeung smiled and grabbed the lyrics. "How did you come up with all of this?"

"Someone encouraged me," JunHyung gave both of them a small smile. In his mind all he thought about while singing was Nicole's image. He stared at his watch it was a little past 12 already. He packed his things and made his way towards the front door.

"Hyung why don't you just spend the night here?" Yoseob asked, "HyunSeung is..."

"I'm alright kiddo, thanks anyways." JunHyung swung the door opened and shut the door with a hard thud. He got into his car and drove into the rainy night of Seoul. As he came to a stop light he knew he would pass her apartments.

Nicole had fallen asleep on her bedroom floor. She awoken to the sound of keys unlocking the front door. She was too tired to care and turned her back towards the bedroom door. From a faint distance she could hear her bedroom door slowly opening and then she heard footsteps.

"Nicole," she turned but all she saw was a black figure kneeling down beside her. "why are you sleeping down here?" The voice was so similar to a voice she once knew, her heart started to pound she slowly rubbed her tired eyes the figure became clear to her.

"Jaebeom..." her tears began to fall she quickly pulled herself kneeling in front of him. As she grabbed for him he slowly disappeared. Nicole then awoken up to the wind passing by her window. She stood up from the floor and looked at her phone.

It was 2 in the early morning, the rain had stop pouring the sky was dark, the stars were hidden and the clouds were closing in on each other.

"It was just a dream..." Nicole told herself and then stared at the picture frame of her and Jaebeom. She walked toward her calendar and crossed out October 8,2010. "16 more days left..." She whispered in the dim light of her bedroom.

The morning was cold, Nicole was already taking a shower getting ready for the day. She walked out and got her uniform on. She took one last glance at herself in the mirror and headed out. The wind pressed itself against her pale skin. It had been awhile since she had gone back to the station since her stay at the hospital.

JunHyung started his day going to pick a Tuxedo for his wedding while Gyuri went to pick her wedding dress. As the two got to the store JunHyung seemed less excited as he sat while the lady brought out the different types of Tuxedo for him. Gyuri on the other hand was trying one three different dresses.

"Hello, I'm back" Nicole greeted everyone at the office with a warm smile.

Everyone was surprised she had given them a smile. All those years Nicole had just greeted them with an emotionless face and headed toward her office, but today she seemed so different.

"I'll be going to my office now." She bowed and left.

"Is that really our Nicole?" One of the officer asked.

"She should smile more, she's so beautiful," another replied.

"Oh she's changed!" One of them yelled.

Nicole closed the door behind her, while she could still hear them. As she closed the door a smile crept upon her face and she found DongWoon waiting for her at her desk.

"DongWoon-Shii?" He turned around and gave her a smile.

"I have something to ask you...remember?" Nicole was confused at his words.