Chapter 7 " Memories"

The Sound of Rain


Nicole, DooJoon and Hara sat chatting away in Nicole's living room. Nicole was silently watching the news, while Hara kept questioning DooJoon. DooJoon who sat in between the two girls, was staring at the T.V. yet tried to keep interest in Hara's question also.

"Oppa," Hara leaned in closer to DooJoon holding on his left arm, "This is the last question..." DooJoon turned his head toward Hara and they were now looking straight into each others eyes. Nicole on the other hand didn't pay attention to them. "What type of girls do you like?" Hara eyes became bright and her smiled turned neutral as she waited.

DooJoon was a bit shock by the sudden question, for some reason this simple question seemed like a difficult math problem, that might have a wrong answer. He cleared his throat and turned his attention back to the T.V.

"Oppa." Hara nudge him, "You didn't answer me yet." Hara pouted her face and held onto his arms a bit tighter. Nicole shot DooJoon a slow glance from the corners of her eyes. DooJoon turned his gaze to Nicole, who quickly turned her attention back to the television. He then turned and smiled at Hara.

"I like..." he paused and stared at Nicole, who didn't pay attention to him and Hara, "I like girls that are independent, a girl that looks tough on the outside but inside, needs and cares for someone..." He then turned his attention back toward Hara.

"Do you think I'm like that?" Hara pointed to herself, after letting go of his arm. Nicole glanced at the two and stood up walking towards her room. DooJoon stared as Nicole closed her bedroom door slowly behind her.

"You're cute" he turned his focus on Hara and patted her head.

"Do you like cute girls then?" Her eyes droop with sadness.

"Cute is good." He smiled and stood up picking up the wrappers that was on the coffee table and headed toward the kitchen.

"Oppa what if I told you I liked you?" Hara slowly question DooJoon who was near the kitchen entrance.

Nicole quickly closed her door slowly again, to the sound of Hara's voice asking DooJoon, she leaned inward toward her door to listen. She felt her heart pounding faster and faster.

"Hara..." DooJoon turned around to find Hara up looking at DooJoon from where he had left her.

"If you told me you liked me, I'll tell you not too." He smiled and went into the kitchen, Hara found herself dumbfound to DooJoon's answer. Did he think she was just joking, did he not take her seriously? All these thoughts ran through her head, she felt like crying, her stomach felt like it was chewing her heart then her tears came streaming down. She grabbed for her bag and ran out the door. DooJoon with closed eyes was standing near the sink while he heard Hara ran out the door.

"Go after her." DooJoon heard Nicole's voice, and saw her leaned against the entrance of the kitchen, "She really likes you..." Nicole gazed at him with no emotion and turned around.

"Nicole-ah" DooJoon question..

"I have to go to work." Nicole interrupt, "You can ask me later." DooJoon stood at the entrance of the kitchen and stared as Nicole closed all the blinds, he then reached for his wallet and went to put his shoes on. Nicole was waiting as he finished and the two walked out of the house.

"Get back home safely." Nicole told him and left first.

DooJoon watched as Nicole walked down the stairs, he silently question himself.

"What if I told you I liked you?"

The day was slowly coming to another end, JunHyung sat in his desk in his room. He stared out the window where the gray clouds became thicker as the clouds moved away. He then turned his attention back to his pen and paper that laid in front of him. For the past hours after him and Gyuri had a that conversation he was writing lyrics over and over again. His heart thump steadily but his head ached.

-Flash Back-
********************************************************


2months Earlier

"Gyuri!" JunHyung screamed with anger.

"Oppa it's not like that..." Gyuri's voice started to falter as she tried to calm him down.

"Who's this?" He stared at the guy who tried to grab his clothes from Gyuri's bedroom floor.

"What did I tell you?!" Mr.Yong yelled from the living room, "She can't be faithful for the 1week you're gone working to keep the two of you alive." he sat with disappointment.

"Gyuri...this isn't the first time." JunHyung's voice was low and cold.

"Oppa...I'm so sorry.." Her cried grew louder

-End of Flash Back-
********************************************************



JunHyung had given Gyuri chances after chances, the reason was the fact that he couldn't let her go too. In his eyes though she had done him wrong twice he believe everyone deserved a second chance or maybe even a third chance. This time it got to his head, he didn't know how to feel. The image of that day still disturbed him.

"Loneliness will take over my heart,
then I'll only become a stranger to you.
well both eventually go our separate ways..."



JunHyung scribbled on the paper and crumple it up throwing it to his trash can. He gave a heavy sigh and rested his head on the palms of his hands. He felt his eyes began to burn with the cold tears that would slowly followed behind. Its was already 8p.m. he felt like running away. He grabbed for his wallet and keys, he walked out of his room to find Gyuri asleep on the sofa.

"Loneliness will take over my heart,then I'll only become a stranger to you. Well both eventually go our separate ways..." He whispered the words he had scribbled away and walked out silently. As he enter the elevator he stared at his key chain, he had made a copy of Nicole's apartment keys and was heading over there.

"Jung JiYoung" The Doctor Hwang called from her office. JiYoung stood up and walked toward the door and shook hands with her.

"Hello, I'm Jung JiYoung"

"Please follow this way." JiYoung followed slowly behind.

"So, you're here for an abortion?" JiYoung gave a nervous smiled and shook her head. "Okay let's get started then, you are over 18 right?"

"Yes."

"Here sign this form first and well get to the operation." JiYoung stared at the paper work and signed her name.

KiKwang walked around his small dorm room waiting for JiYoung to pick up her phone, he held his phone tightly pressed against his ears.

"JiYoung, I'm sorry I was shocked. I know it was selfish to had only thought about how I would feel...I'm so sorry please please pick up...I have something to ask you...." he left his 10th voice mail and hanged up his phone and laid on his bed with a big sigh.

As JunHyung enter Nicole's apartment he slipped on the blue slippers and walked straight into her room. He sat at her desk and saw her notebook was where he had left it, untouched. He opened to the new page and started writing away once again. After he finished he put the book back and walked out. He lied down on the sofa and had fallen asleep.

Nicole enter her house to find a pair of converse, she walked in toward her living room to find JunHyung asleep. She had gotten used to seeing him around, the weird thing was when she didn't seem him around it felt weird. She left the corners of her lips curled up. She walked past him and into her room. She walked over to her window and opened them. The rain was pouring once again. Nicole stared at her phone.

September was coming to an end already. She stared at the pictures of her and Jaebeom. She changed into her shorts and plain t-shirt. Nicole walked out with a pillow and blanket. She covered him with the blanket first. She then slowly grabbed his head and slid the pillow underneath him, while she slid the pillow underneath him her hand got stuck in an awkward situation she didn't want to move it or else he would wake up. They were now faced to face closer than ever. JunHyung turned his body, as Nicole slowly tried to pull herself free, in the darkness she could felt something warm and soft against her lips. She then realized they both had their lips on each others, her face burned red Nicole was shock. They had kissed. Nicole pulled herself away and got free. She bite her lips and walked into her room as quickly as she can. She got on her bed and pulled the blanket over her body. She then fell asleep.

Nicole awoken to the sound of the dishes moving around and remember JunHyung was over. She walked out of her bedroom into the kitchen to find JunHyung setting the table up. Nicole yawned and sat down watching as he ignored her presence. After he finished setting the table her sat across from Nicole and started eating right away. She grabbed for her chopstick and started eating away.

"Why are you over again?" Nicole asked while chewing her eggs. "My house isn't a hotel and next time if you make an extra copy of my key let me know." JunHyung sat not talking. He just kept eating. Nicole stared at him yet he payed no attention what so ever.

"I'm done eating now." He finally spoke and put his plate in the sink and washed it up. Nicole look down on her plate and stood up and put her plate in the sink. She stood next to him and then she remember the kissed they both shared last night. She then became uncomfortable. "Can you do me a favor?" He asked Nicole while rinsing his plate.

"What?" Nicole tried to sound calm.

"Can you go somewhere with me today?" JunHyung then turned to look at Nicole who was next to him.

JiYoung woke up, and touched her stomach. She felt the pain kicking in, she grabbed for her phone. She had listen to all of KiKwangs voice mail but did not call him back. She dialed his number and stood up slowly.

"Ah JiYoung-Ah!" KiKwangs voice was suprised on the other line.

"Where should we meet. I have something to tell you too."

JunHyung and Nicole enter a ring store.

"Hello welcome," the lady in the front entrance greeted the two.

"Why are we here?" Nicole asked.

"Come over here." JunHyung grabbed for her hand and dragged her to a counter. "Do you like that one?" JunHyung asked Nicole.

"The ring right there?" Nicole pointed to the same one he had just told her about.

"Yeah."

"Is it for your girlfriend?" Nicole question, "You're planning to propose to her?"

"I've already have.." He smiled, "It's just our date is coming soon...that's why my parents rushed the whole thing with you." His voice was becoming low. "I'm buying our marriage ring today."

"Did you give her a engagement ring yet?"

"Nope, she told me asking her was already enough...Excuse me miss" JunHyung turned his attention the lady, can you take out this one?" The lady opened the glass sliders and handed the ring to JunHyung.

"Nicole can you give me your hand?" JunHyung asked shyly. Nicole gave her left hand to JunHyung and he put the ring on her marriage finger.

"Why are you trying it on me?" Nicole asked him.

"Because the both of you have the same size hands" He smiled then turned his attention back to the lady. "I'll take this."

Nicole watched as JunHyung was buying the ring, she felt something deep down, as if her stomach had swallowed her heart whole. She felt stupid, that for the past night she had started to feel something towards him, now to only see that those feelings would become nothing more. She was still staring at him.

"Nicole...Nicole-ah?" JunHyung waved in front of her.

"Oh." Nicole quickly shook her head and smiled. "Are you done?"

"You smiled." JunHyung smiled, "I think this is the first time I've ever seen you smiled."

"You should feel special then." Nicoles smiled turned back to a neutral look.

The same girl I used to be is coming back...Nicole told herself as the two walked out and back to JunHyungs car. The old me feels like breaking through this wall. I want to smile with someone again...I want to laugh like I use too, I want someone...being with him makes me happy for some odd reasons. Looking at love through a glass door, unknowingly I fell in love, I don't know when it begin...

The rain started to fall little by little, JunHyung watched as Nicole stood looking at him with no emotions. He watched her standing there as the rain started to now pour, her body turned and she started to walk away. He got out of his car.

"Nicole!" but she kept walking, "Nicole-ah!" he slam his door shut and locked the door and ran after her. As he reached her and grabbed her wrist. In the crowded street of Seoul the two were getting soaked. The people passing them pushed the two back and forth.

"Let go of me Yong JunHyung." Nicole announced without looking back.

"We have to get back." JunHyung told Nicole and dragged her back to his car. When the two arrived Nicole pushed away his hands. "Whats getting into you? Why are you so different today?" He asked her, the rain was pouring over them. He could see from her eyes that they were turning red, the rain made it seemed as if she hadn't been crying.

Nicole stared at him and then began walking away again.

"Don't follow me." Nicole reassure him. He watched as Nicole disappeared into the crowd. He slam his hand on his car door and gave out a heavy sigh.