Chapter 4 "Confession"

The Sound of Rain

As Nicole came to a stop light she stared at her phone, she went through her contact list and found DooJoon's name. She smiled and went to her message the one that she had locked. Nicole re-read the message.

"Remember to eat...I haven't seen you in awhile, don't be to harsh on yourself. Hopefully I get too see you soon...^^"
The light turned green and Nicole drop her phone onto the passenger seat. She was heading towards home, JiYoung was coming home for the week. JiYoung was 3years younger than Nicole and was living at her college dorm. Nicole haven't seen JiYoung for almost a year now. As Nicole pulled up to the drive way she could see JiYoungs car already parked. Nicole felt excited. JiYoung always brought Nicole's mood up. As Nicole go out of her car, JiYoung came running out.

"Unnie!!" JiYoung ran towards Nicole and grabbed Nicole into her arms. "I've missed you so much!!!" JiYoung yelled with excitement.

"I've missed you too" Nicole returned the hug and the two went inside.

Nicole hanged her coat on the coat rack. JiYoung went into the kitchen to tell her mom that Nicole was there. Mrs.Jung came into the run and gave Nicole a kiss.

"Where's appa?" Nicole question.

"You know how busy your dad is, he left for China." Mrs.Jung smiled and walked back into the kitchen, Nicole followed behind.

After breakfast was finally done, the three ladies sat down to eat. Nicole stared as JiYoung stuffed with her mothers cooking and Mrs.Jung scolding JiYoung to take smaller bites, after that Mrs.Jung turned her attention at Nicole.

"Yah..why did you leave the party so soon?" Mrs.Jung putting her chopsticks down on the table and grabbing for her water. "Did you know how upset you made the Yong's?" Nicole sat silently eating her food."Aish you're already 22 turning 23 soon and you have no boyfriend. Are you planning to live a long for the rest of your life and cope with what happened to Jaebeom?!" Mrs.Jung was now furious."I'm trying to help you make your future brighter and yet you're turning down all these great opportunities. Maybe thats why JunHyung didn't show up either. Did you hear?" Mrs.Jung seemed more calmed now.

"Don't bring Jaebeom into this..." Nicole finally replied.

"Umma what are you guys talking about?" JiYoung speaking with fulled.

"Aish swallow your food first before you speak." Mrs.Jung scold JiYoung again.

"Fine." JiYoung went back to eating.

"Umma I already told you I won't go through with this delusional act of you adults. This isn't the 1900's it's the 20th century who is still arranging marriage for their kids?" Nicole put down her chopstick in anger.

"Yah why are you so mad?" Mrs.Jung stop and stared at Nicole, JiYoung slowly looked up towards her mom and sisters.

"I hate it okay. I'm tired, do you want me to get marry so bad because you feel bad for me? Do you think I'll be happy even after marriage?! HUH!?" Nicole range with anger. "I've tried to be the best daughter, yes I've blown my full ride to medical school to become a officer, yes I have no boyfriend, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to have a bright future!!" Nicole felt her tears forming at the tip of her eyes.

"Unnie...calm down" JiYoung put down her chopstick and stood up walking towards Nicole. Nicole pushed JiYoung's hands away.

"I'm tired. I'm sorry I couldn't be the daughter you and appa had planned me to be. I know I'm selfish, I know I only think of what I feel inside. But umma for you to bring Jaebeom up in this situation...don't you think you're being a little bit to selfish? Huh?" Nicole's voice was cold and low. "I'm...I'm leaving now. Thanks for the breakfast." Nicole bowed to her mom and JiYoung and left. The door shut and Mrs.Jung put her hands over her face JiYoung was standing in the middle of all of this, she stared at her mom.

"Have you guys been giving Nicole a hard time Umma?" JiYoung was now getting frustrated. "Umma she told you from the beginning never to mention Jaebeom's name..." Mrs.Jung stood up and left the table. JiYoung gave out a long sigh.

After JunHyung enter his parents house, he went upstairs as quickly as he can. As he laid in his bed he felt relieve.

"Yong JungHyung, you come out here right now!" He heard his fathers voice through his door. JunHyung laid in silence. "Hana...Tu..."

"Fine!" JunHyung yelled back, "I'm coming." JunHyung stood up and walked over to unlock his door. As he opened the door he found his parents standing outside looking straight at him.

"Where did you go yesterday night?!" Mr.Yong's hand flew straight to the side of JunHyung's head. Junhyung felt his body moved in motion to the right and felled onto his the wooden floors. "Do you know how embarrassing it was when we found out you were nowhere to be found?!" Mr.Yong yelled with anger. "Maybe thats why Nicole didn't want to stay! Who raised you to be like this huh? Why can't you ever be an obedient son?!" Mrs.Yong quickly pulled JunHyung up to his feet again.

"Honey, stop it he's been having a hard time okay." Mrs.Yong tried to calm down her husband."JunHyung go get some rest before you leave." Mr.Yong glared at JunHyung and made his way back to his room.

"Appa" JunHyung question without looking at his dad. "Whats so wrong with Gyuri?" Mr.Yong stopped where he was standing and stared back at JunHyung who still had his head down.

"Everything" he silently replied back to JunHyung and walked into his room. JunHyung lifted his head to watch as his father walked into his bedroom.

"Junhyung go get some rest." With that Mrs.Yong followed her husband. Junhyung gave out a sigh and walked into his room closing the door slowly behind him.

Nicole enter her apartment, slamming the door behind her hard. She put her slippers on and walked into her room. She pushed herself onto her bed and laid with tears in her eyes. Nicole stared at the picture of her and Jaebeom, she for once wished her cried was heard. She had closed everyone out, and had locked him in. Yet he was nowhere to comfort her. As Nicole laid in bed her phone rang. She stared at her phone but no one was calling her. She heard the phone coming from the living room and walked over there. She saw a glow coming from her sofa and moved the cushion to find a phone hidden.

"Who is this?" Nicole grabbed the phone staring clueless at it. Nicole picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Yah! JunHyung!" The women on the other line yelled into Nicole's ears. "Why didn't you ever return my call or my text message?! Huh"

"Who is this?" Nicole question.

"Aishh it's me Gyuri! Did you all of sudden forgotten about me?!"

"I'm sorry but he's not here right now."

"Wait...." there was a long pause and then Gyuri spoke again."Is this a girl that I've been talking too?!" Gyuri seemed angry.

"Oh it's not like that he left his phone at my place last night." Nicole then realized what she had said seemed to worsen the situation

"He spent the night at your house? Whats your name huh? Don't you know he's my boyfriend!!" Gyuri yelled more and more.

"I'm sorry I'll just have him call you back bye" Nicole hanged up on Gyuri without hesitation. "Phs no wonder his parents doesn't like her." Nicole stared at his phone. "I should bring it back to him." Nicole grabbed her coat and slipped on her rain boots and headed back to Junhyung's place.

Junhyung laid in his bed rubbing the right side of his head. He didn't live with his parents. The reason why he had told Nicole to drop him off there was because him and Gyuri lived together. He couldn't risk letting Gyuri seeing him with another girl. Gyuri would've been crazy. He loved her very much even though he knew she could have her days. She was beautiful, caring at times. He loved her for who she was.

"Junhyung" Mrs.Yong knocked onto Junhyungs bedroom door.

"What is it umma?!" Junhyung yelled lazily turning around in his bed.

"There's someone here too see you." Junhyung stood up quickly and stared outside his bedroom window to find Nicole standing outside leaning against her car with her hands crossed.

"Aish what the hell is she doing here?!" He mumbled to himself. He swung the door opened and walked right past his mother.

"Who's the young lady?" Mrs.Yong question. She couldn't recognized Nicole in her jeans with her coat and hood on. She remember Nicole looking elegant and flawless.

Junhyung walked outside towards Nicole. Nicole stood up straight and grabbed the phone out of her pocket handing it to Junhyung. He stared at Nicole and grabbed for the phone.

"Aish it must of fallen out of my pocket while I was sleeping." Junhyung said looking at Nicole who was walking back to the drivers seat. Mrs.Yong came out of the house and walked towards the both of them. Nicole slammed her door shut and her engine and drove off.

"Wahhh...who was that?" Mrs.Yong question and watching as Nicole's car got further away.

"Just my friend." Junhyung replied. "Umma I'm going back home now." Junhyung walked back inside grabbed his keys and walked back out.

"Aish, you and your dad are just the same. You know he just wants whats best for you." Mrs.Yong told Junhyung before heading back inside. Junhyung stood lost for awhile and walked over to his car, opened the door and slipped in and drove off.

The rain fell down once again. Hitting on Junhyung's car and Nicole's car. Nicole stared at her phone as she came to a stop light. She grabbed for it and went through her contact list. She came to DooJoons name and clicked call. She waited as the phone rang.

"Hello. Nicole-ah!" DooJoons voice seemed excited.

"Ahh DooJoon" Nicole's voice lowed yet a bit excited. "Lets meet today. You're back in Seoul right?"

"I'll come pick you up at your place." DooJoon replied on the other line.

"Ohh okay. Ah oppa I'll let you know when I get home then. I'm driving now."

"Okay. I'm excited to see you." DooJoon hanged up and Nicole did the same.

Nicole and DooJoon were childhood friend. He was someone Nicole could run to when she had problems. He was her best-friend. Someone that would always offer Nicole a shoulder when she didn't know who to ask for a shoulder. DooJoon had just recently got back from the states after 4 long years of studying abroad. Nicole knew the date he was coming back. She was excited. She hadn't been this excited ever since Jaebeom left.

As Junhyung pulled up to his apartment department he gave out a long sigh. He saw Gyuri already sitting outside on the steps, he knew she had been waiting for him to come back. He could see that was looking for him and when she spotted him Gyuri quickly stood up. Junhyung went to park his car in his parking space, turned off his engine walked out of the car, he clicked for it to lock the car. Gyuri walked toward him and hugged him.

"I was worried!" she then pulled herself away from him and punched him in the chest. "Yah who was that girl that picked up your phone huh?!" Junhyung just walked pass Gyuri and into the apartment building. "Aish this guy." Gyuri followed him behind. The two walked into the elevator together with an awkward silence. Gyuri moved a bit closer to Junhyung and grabbed for his hand. Junhyung still did not acknowledge her.

Nicole enter the elevator back at her apartment building. She walked in and pressed the button that took her to the 5th floor. Nicoles stop came and she stepped out.

JunHyung and Gyuri's elevator door slide open and the two step out walking towards their room. Gyuri looked up at JunHyung who wasn't saying anything.

Nicole walked toward her room with her head down.

JunHyung grabbed for his key and unlocked the door.

Nicole got to the front of her door, she lifted her head up and found DooJoon standing there already waiting for Nicole smiling.

"Oh Oppa." Nicole was suprised

"JunHyung!" Gyuri finally broke. She slammed the door shut behind the two of them."Why are you ignoring me!?"

"Yah. I'm tired now. Lets not argue alright" JunHyung walked into his bedroom and closed the door behind.

"I'm NOT THE ONE WHO WENT OUT ALL NIGHT LAST NIGHT & LEFT THEIR PHONE AT A GIRLS PLACE!!" Gyuri yelled out this words in anger. "I'm not scared to leave you!" JunHyung opened his door and stared at Gyuri.

"What?" He question her.

"So tell me...who is she?!" Gyuri looked at JunHyung more intense now.

"I stayed at a friends house. That is all." JunHyung closed the door again. Gyuri stood shocked and fell to her knees.

"How did you know where...I lived?" Nicole question setting the cup of hot chocolate down on the coffee table for her and DooJoon.

"JiYoung called me before you called." He smiled grabbing for the hot chocolate. "So how have you been?"

"Ohh..." Nicole nodded. "I've been..."

"Don't lie." DooJoon looked straight into Nicoles eyes. "Are you still blaming yourself?"

"It's not that.." Nicole mumbled

"You seem so different." DooJoon took a sip of his hot chocolate. "I was told you're an officer now. Wahh I guess it has been ages. You let your full ride to medical school go. I didn't even know you were living by yourself. I guess we need to really catch up don't we?" He looked down. Nicole stared at DooJoon apologetically.

"I'm sorry...it's just I wasn't taking any calls from anyone in the past year."

"When are you gonna get over it?" He now turned his attention to Nicole. "Because I don't know how to tell you how much I like you if you still love him." Nicole looked at DooJoon with a surprise shocked look written on her face.

"You're...you're kidding right?" Nicole hesitated. "I mean you and me..."

"Nicole." DooJoon grabbed Nicoles hands, "listen carefully...I Yoon DooJoon LIKE YOU." Nicole quickly pushed away DooJoons hands.

"Oppa..."

"Nicole I was just joking.." He smiled. "I thought you would at least be happpy." He leaned back on the sofa. Nicole sat still and turned to face DooJoon.

"I forgot you love joking around with everyone. I'm already happy that you're here." Nicole smiled.

"No boyfriend yet?"

"Haven't had the time to look." Nicole leaned back on the sofa now too.

"Thats not what I heard." DooJoon stared at Nicole who didn't say a word. It was already getting late in the night. The two had talked the whole evening. Nicole had fallen asleep on DooJoons shoulders. He looked as Nicole who looked so peaceful in her sleep. "Only if you were this peaceful..." He moved her bangs to the side. "We can never be serious with each other when it comes to you and I right?" He question Nicole who was already asleep. DooJoon gave out a long sigh. It was now 1 in the morning.

JunHyung stared at his ceiling. For some reason he felt guilt stabbing in his heart. He stared out, the dark clouds were fading away the stars were nowhere to be found, even the moon was shining a bit dull. He stood up and walked out of his door. He stood in front of Gyuri's bedroom door and slowly opened her door. He could see Gyuri was already fast asleep. He walked over to her and kissed her forehead. He kneed next to her bedroom and pushed aside her hair that had fallen in her face.

"I'm sorry." He whispered in the night. "I love you."