Chapter 6 "Truth"

The Sound of Rain


Nicole opened her bedroom door to find JunHyung lying on the wooden floor of her apartment, talking to himself.

"Why is that every time I come here I...I see just tragic." JunHyung sigh and laid on the ground and closed his eyes. "Aish, I shouldn't have listen to their conversation...."

"I'm sorry..." Nicole softly replied to JunHyung. She took a step towards him and JunHyung quickly stood up to his feet surprised.

"I'm..I'm sorry.." He quickly apologized as Nicole stood in front of him. He stared down at Nicole and both of their eyes met.

"Yong JunHyung why are you here?" Nicole question, "As I remember you have a girlfriend, you should go home."

"I can't..." He replied and turned his gaze to the floor..."I can't let her see me bruised up like this, I can't go home because my father will lecture me..." he now turned his gaze back to Nicole, "I know that we don't know each other well enough to be doing this..but you're my only hope..."

"I'm your only hope..." Nicole smirk. "Then you have to do me a favor." To her surprise she stuck out her pinky, JunHyung gave Nicole a confuse look.

"I'm sorry I don't make promises." JunHyung chuckled as if this was a joke.

"Well, you are going to now." Nicole suddenly grabbed his hands hooking her pinky to his. "You promise you'll go with me somewhere tonight?" Nicole eyes became red, her heart was beating fast her voice was low and JunHyung could tell it was filled with sorrow.

The rain was still pouring, JunHyung found himself sitting next to Nicole at the bar across from town. Nicole drank away shots after shots. JunHyung stared at her, who seemed so strong, who seemed so fearless, who seemed so cold, turn into someone filled with sorrow...

"How much do you plan to drink?" JunHyung asked Nicole.

"I don't know." Nicole replied flatly and grabbed for another shot, but before she could JunHyung grabbed for her hands.

"Stop lets go back to your place." JunHyung insisted. Nicole stared at JunHyung, she was obviously drunk, but she agreed.

JunHyung was holding onto Nicole escorting her back to the car. He opened the passegner seat and seated Nicole in and seat belt her and closed the door. He mad his way to the driver seat, as he enter Nicole had already fallen asleep. He stared at her for awhile, closed the door shut and drove off. Going back across town was going to take about 1 and a half. Nicole opened her eyes and stared out the window. JunHyung quickly turned his attention to Nicole's direction.

"Why do you drive so far just to have a drink?" He then focused on the road. He knew she was drunk, he knew she would tell him honestly, so he took the chance to get to know her more.

"Honestly," Nicole voice started to falter "this is my first time drinking..." she wiped away the tears that made its way down her pale cheeks. "I've heard that drinking makes you feel better, that it helps you relief stress and all that hurt that boils deep down in your bones." Then silence came about.

JunHyung knew what he was doing was wrong, yet something inside of him ached every time he saw Nicole. For some reason, it felt like home to him when he was with her. The night he had laid in bed feeling the sharp pain of guilt pressed down on him, was the night he had realized that Nicole was someone he felt comfortable yet shy around. Something he had never felt before. He felt guilt crept upon him again like a shadow that won't go away no matter night or day.....Gyuri was in the back of his mind...

"Jung Nicole, so you don't have a boyfriend?" he cleared his throat, waiting on the answer..

"Jaebeom oppa." Nicole whispered, "Did you know you remind me of him...the day I met you at the parking lot and you asked for me to help you...I never give in to anyone easily...but something down her..." Nicole grabbed JunHyungs right hand away from the wheels and caught JunHyungs attention, he stop the car since their was no one in the empty road expect for the both of them. "Here..." Nicole put his hand where her heart was and the tears roared down once again. "Because you reminded me of him, because the way we met was similar to the way I met him back then." Nicole let go of JunHyungs hands and he quickly pressed on gas again.

"I'm sorry if I'm being sensitive right now." She told him, "I'm a girl and I do have feelings too...I put up a wall trying to act strong locked my smile and laughter away. I've thrown the old me into the ocean, to find myself just drowning in my own tears. I've cried every night of my life. Thinking maybe one day it'll stop and someone would hear my cry...then I realize it's only him that I want to hear my cry, so I lock everyone out and locked myself in. Thinking I'll wake up to find that I've been asleep this whole time...but tonight I realize I'll only wake to find reality and he'll slowly fade away from dreams like always."

As Nicole finished her last word, she fell into a deep sleep. JunHyung pulled into Nicole's parking space, he had Nicole on his back and took her up to her room. As he enter the apartment he closed the door behind the both of them, he kicked his shoes off and slip the slippers, with Nicole on his back. He carried her into her room, took off her shoes and lay her on her bed. He carefully pulled her blanket over her small body and with that Nicole was asleep. He moved her bangs to the side of her face. He made his way back but her notebook caught his attention once again. He stared back at Nicole who was fast asleep. It was 3 in the morning. He sat down at her desk, he turned the small night lamp on and opened the notebook and started to write.

Nicoles eyes opened, she quickly sat up covering , she ran as fast as she could to her bathroom and threw up. The burning pain of vomit enter and out of , she sat on the bathroom floor, she could still taste the bitterness of the alcohol. She stood up to rinse her face and mouth with cold water. She stared at herself in the mirror for a few seconds and could see her eyes were puffed and swollen. She then remember JunHyung grabbing her hands, JunHyung escorting her out and seating her in the passenger side of her car, she remember grabbing for his hands and that was it.

Nicole made her way out of her room and into the living room. No one was there. She walked to the front door, no shoes were there expect for her pink slippers and the blue one. She walked into the kitchen to find a dozen of roses laying on her kitchen table with covered food and lemon water attached with a note.

" I didn't think you would want to wake up to find me in the morning...drink some of the Lemon Water I made, it's suppose to be good for your stomach after drinking...feel better.....see you around... - JunHyung "

Nicole took the flower and the sticky note back into her room. She stared at the flowers that DooJoon had gotten her the night before. She only had once vase, she put the flowers that JunHyung had gotten her near the window and she stick the note on wall.

Nicole went back to the kitchen and drank the lemon water slowly, she could feel the water draining down into her empty stomach, it made her stomach rumble a bit, and she sat down uncovering the food. It was a bowl of rice, scramble eggs and a side dish of meat. Nicole stared at her food and then started to eat.

As JunHyung enter his apartment, he found Gyuri setting the table for breakfast. He closed the door and slipped on his slippers. Without looking up at JunHyung Gyuri minded her own business and sat down to eat. JunHyung walked past her and into his room. He could see from the corner of his eyes, she had set the table for two people; yet he kept walking.

Gyuri put her chopstick down slowly and stared as JunHyung made his way into his room silently. She was getting angry and she could feel her heart beating faster and faster. She stood up and walked toward his room. She banged onto the door louder than usual. JunHyung furiously opened the door.

"TELL ME HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO LIVE LIKE THIS?!" Gyuri cried. "IF YOU'RE TIRED OF ME TELL ME!!" He stood shock, he felt guilt and yet didn't know what to do. "TELL ME SO I KNOW WHAT TO DO..." Gyuris head fell onto JunHyungs chest and it rested there. "You've changed ever since...ever since that incident..." Both of JunHyungs hands went to comfort Gyuri. He held onto her.

"Forgive me..." He rest his chin on her head and hugged her tighter. "I'm sorry because of me you're going through so much..."

"Are you still mad at me?" Gyuri question..."I know I made a mistake, but why are you doing this to me now??"

"I still can't seem to accept this...Park Gyuri.." JunHyung said in a sad tone.."I love you, I really do...but.."

JiYoung was waiting by herself at the coffee shop. She sat staring out, the weather was clearing a bit now. She had her right hand on her stomach and her left hand with her cup of coffee.

"You're here" KiKwang tap JiYoungs right shoulder and took the seat next to her. "So whats up?"

"KiKwang...you promise you won't freak out?" She asked him and put her coffee down.

"What is it?" JiYoung was now feeling uncomfortable.

"I'm pregnant." KiKwang face was shocked, his stomach started to feel funny. He was stunned and couldn't say a word. "Don't you have anything to say?!" JiYoung question...

"H-h-h..how many months are you into it?" He stared at her.

"I'm...6weeks.." she answered him flatly. "I asked you to come here to let you know what you want to do with it..." JiYoung's voice started to falter...

"Abort it.." KiKwang found himself saying without thinking.

"What?!" JiYoung was shocked. KiKwang grabbed for her hands.

"I mean what do you want?"

"I don't know..." she furious, "but I guess I'll just abort it." She felt tears streaming down her cheeks she grabbed her bag and quickly headed out. KiKwang quickly followed JiYoung.

"JiYoung wait!" KiKwang grabbed for her hands.

"Wait for what?!" JiYoung turned to face him, "wait to see what you want?! I thought maybe we could at least think about this together.."

"Hey you asked me what I wanted and gave you an answer" He started to fight back with JiYoung.

"That wasn't the answer I wanted." She huffing and angry. "I guess wanting you to take responsibility was asking you too much." JiYoung pulled her hands away from KiKwang and walk into her car and drove off. KiKwang gave out a yelled and had both hands on his head. He kicked the cement and stared as JiYoung's car got further away.

After Nicole finished washing the dishes, there was a knock at her door, she walked over to open it to find Hara standing.

"Oh Nicole you're home!" Hara smiled and walked into the apartment. She slipped off her shoes and wore the slippers and Nicole closed the door behind her.

"What is it?" Nicole asked Hara.

"I heard DooJoon oppa is back in Seoul" Haras eyes became brighter. "I had something to ask you."

"Oh..." Nicole and Hara sat at the living room together.

"Nicole do you think me and DooJoon are a good fit?" Hara smiled and moved in closer to Nicole. "I really like him, like really really!!"

There was another knock on Nicole's door and she quickly went to open it. She opened the door to find DooJoon standing there with a smile on his face and in his hands, a bag with food. Nicole gave him an awkward smile and gesture him to come in. DooJoon took off his shoes and found Hara standing in front of him.

"Oh Hara Goo." DooJoon smiled and stared back at Nicole who was leaning against the door.

"Oppa" Hara smiled "Today must be my lucky day"