Chapter 5 "Trouble"

The Sound of Rain

"Aish...pick up, pick up" JiYoung walked around her room impatiently holding her phone closely pressed against her right ear, "Unnie..." JiYoung mumbled to herself over and over again.

"Hello, you've reached Nicole right now I'm to busy to come to the phone leave..." JiYoung hung up and redial Nicole's number again.

Nicole awoken to the sound of her phone ringing. She found herself laying in her bed,she rubbed her tired eyes and reached for her phone which was sitting on her night stand. JiYoung's name was showing on the caller id.

"What is it?" Nicole picked up.

"Ahh Unnie you finally picked up. Were you still sleeping?" JiYoung's voice became hyped up and loud.

"JiYoung-Ah it's 7 in the morning." Nicole mumbled.

"I know...I need you to come pick me up." JiYoung's voice became desperate, Nicole sat silently for a while. "Unnie please..."

Nicole grabbed her jacket, a pair of her faded blue jeans and her rain boot. She brushed her teeth and walked out of her room to find DooJoon asleep on the sofa.

"Ah..why is DooJoon oppa still here?" Nicole question herself. Nicole stared at DooJoon then out her balcony window which the blinds where slightly opened, the rain in Seoul was pouring and it was pouring hard today. Nicole went back in to grab her blanket and went back to the living to cover DooJoon. With that Nicole left the apartment silently.

As Nicole pulled up to her parents house JiYoung was already outside under the porch waiting for Nicole. As JiYoung notice Nicole's car she ran towards Nicole, covering her head from the rain and quickly slipped into the passenger seat.

"JiYoung, does umma and appa know?" Nicole question JiYoung before pulling out to the drive way.

"Unnie, can we just go to your place first to talk about everything?" JiYoung didn't dare to look at Nicole.

"Yah! Yong JunHyung!!" Gyuri kicked JunHyung off her bed, "Why are you in bed with me Huh?!" Gyuri quickly stood up. JunHyung gave out a loud cried.

"Aish! Why did you do that that for?" JunHyung question Gyuri while scartching his head. He was sitting on the Gyuri's bedroom floor.

"I told you we can't sleep together yet!" Gyuri covered her body up with both of her arms, "I said we can share a room after we get marry!! You!!" Gyuri pointed at JunHyung who was now slowly getting up on his feet still scratching his head.

"Aish you're bed is so hard." JunHyung complained, "I must've fallen asleep yesterday coming to say goodnight to you." JunHyung stared at Gyuri.

"Y...you came to say goodnight to me?" Gyuri know became more calmed in her tone, "You never say goodnight..." JunHyung just gave Gyuri a smile and headed out of her room. Gyuri stood red as a ripe strawberry. She stared back at JunHyung who walked back into his room, "That...that jerk." she smiled to herself.

Nicole unlocked her door, JiYoung and her enter the apartment together and Nicole closed the door behind her. Nicole opened the closet to her left and took out another pair of slippers for JiYoung.

"Ah unnie you have a guest over?" JiYoung smiled looking at the pair of shoe. "Wah, you never have anyone sleep over before, not even me." JiYoung grabbed Nicole's right arm, "Who is it?"

Nicole glared at JiYoung and walk into the living to find her blanket all fold up, she heard the bathroom water running. JiYoung walked straight into the kitchen and searched for snacks in the fridge. DooJoon walked out of the bathroom to find Nicole in the living room.

"Ah Nicole I hope you don't mind that I spent the night." DooJoon smiled, "I saw some extra toothbrushes here so I used one...Oh I didn't know you brush your teeth in this bathroom too." DooJoon question

"Oh no I had a friend..." Nicole paused, "Oh yeah, I brush my teeth in their too when I'm to lazy to go back into my bedroom." Nicole unemotionally respond back to DooJoon and head into the kitchen.

After DooJoon finished cleaning himself up he joined Nicole and JiYoung in the kitchen for breakfast. Nicole ate her cereal slowly, DooJoon sat across from Nicole and JiYoung in the middle.

"Wah it feels like you and DooJoon oppa are a couple." JiYoung interrupted the silence, "Did you know that Nicole doesn't like anyone sleeping over and she let you oppa?" JiYoung turned her attention towards DooJoon who was eating.

"Ah really?" DooJoon looked up from his cereal towards Nicole who didn't pay much attention towards the conversation.

"Yeah she wouldn't even let me sleep over," JiYoung smiled "You must be someone special to finally make Nicole change her mind." Nicole stood up, walked over to the sink and washed her bowl and headed out of the kitchen.

"She's changed a lot." DooJoon smiled and then stood up to wash his bowl.

"I miss the old her." JiYoung sigh, "Oppa." JiYoung stood up and walked over to DooJoon who was washing his bowl. "I think Nicole likes you, if not then try to win her heart...she's been sad ever since you know what happened to JaeBeom oppa...she never really forgave herself...she's very lonely try to comfort her." JiYoung became more serious in her words. "She barely goes out...I'm sad for her and that's all I can ever do..." DooJoon turned off the water and stared at JiYoung who was looking at the floor.

JiYoung and DooJoon walk over to the living room to hear the shower running from Nicole's bedroom. The water turned off, the two sat down and watched T.V. for the time being. Nicole stepped out in her uniform holding her hat in her left hand and her bag hanging from the side of her right shoulders.

"JiYoung-ah, I'll be back home around 8 tonight. We can talk then." Nicole then turned her direction toward DooJoon. "Oppa, it was nice seeing you again. I'll see you later and get home safely." Nicole walked toward the door and left.

"JunHyung." Gyuri knocked on his bedroom door. "Breakfast is ready." JunHyung opened the door already dressed for the day. "Where are you going today? It's only 8 right now." Gyuri question following behind him towards their little table in the small kitchen of their apartment.

"I have to meet with the other band members today." JunHyung sat down grabbing his plate and spoon. "Ah the food smells good, better than what I had back at..." JunHyung paused and gave out a grunt. "Lets eat ." He started to stuff his mouth with rice and the meat Gyuri had cooked.

"At her house?" Gyuri quietly question JunHyung before sitting down across from JunHyung, "JunHyung-Ah." Gyuri stared at him who was still trying to avoid eye contact, "Who is she?" JunHyung just kept stuffing his mouth, "Why did you spend the night at her house huh?"

JunHyung stuffed one last piece of meet into his mouth and stood up to leave. He went to grab his bag and guitar case and with that he left Gyuri sitting alone at the table. Before he slipped his shoes on he kissed Gyuri's forehead and left. Gyuri sat still looking down at her plate, her tears began to race down her cheeks.

"What am I going to do with him?" She question herself softly and began to eat slowly.

Nicole enter the office with the same expression on her face, she greeted her seniors and the officers in the front desk and headed toward her office. As she enter she found DongWoon already seated waiting for her. She closed the door behind her and walked over to her desk. Now her and DongWoon were facing each other.

"Why are you in my office?" Nicole question him while taking a seat and going through the files that were laid on her desk. "You know I don't like it when you guys are in here when I'm not." She advise, him.

"I just have one question for you." DongWoon stared at Nicole without hesitation.

"What is it?" Nicole still didn't look up at DongWoon and was more focus on the files that she was reading through.

"About the engagement wedding you're having..." a knock came from Nicole's office door and an officer walked in.

"Nicole-ah...Oh DongWoon why are you in here? Are you in trouble." Nicole slowly looked up at the officer standing at the door way. He gave a small chuckled then return his attention towards Nicole. "There's a man out her who needs help, I think he just go robbed." Nicole stood up and walked past DongWoon back out into the front counter.

As Nicole enter she found JunHyung sitting with a cup of warm water in his hand, his left eye was bruised and his hands were scraped and bloody. He was talking to Officer Kim from the front desk. Nicole walked over toward his direction and to JunHyung's amazement he saw Nicole walking towards him.

"What happened?" Nicole ignored JunHyung's presence and asked Officer Kim.

"Aish Nicole, can't you tell he was beaten up and got his guitar stolen." Nicole stared at JunHyung and walked closer to JunHyung.

"Yah, do you remember how the person looks like?" Nicole question.

"Their was three of them, but I only remember how one of them really look like...he was about my height, dark drown hair, his skin if fairly white...He's a bit skinny." DongWoon walked out of Nicole's office and towards the front counter too.

"Where were you when this happened?" She question JunHyung while taking note of what he was saying.

"Nicole maybe we can still catch this crook." DongWoon butted in and Nicole just ignored him.

"Okay stay here well be back." Nicole notify JunHyung and officer Kim. "DongWoon hurry lets go." With that Nicole walked out and DongWoon followed behind. 30mins later Nicole and DongWoon came back with a 3 teenagers in cuffs and a guitar case.

"Are these the guys?" Nicole gave a small shout and JunHyung turned around from where he was sitting.

"You PUNKS!" JunHyung walked over and grabbed for his guitar.

"We're sorry sir." All of them apologize to JunHyung who was already pissed.

"You're sorry?! HUh?" JunHyung yelled. "You beat me up stole my guitar and now you want to be sorry?!" Nicole stared at JunHyung and escorted the teens into the back where they were going to spend the night, in jail. Nicole walked back to JunHyung.

"You can go now." Nicole told him and started to make her way back to her office.

"Nicole-ah." JunHyung question...Nicole stared back at him. "Do you think..." He stared around at the people looking at them and quickly ran over to Nicole to whisper in her ears. "Do you think I can spend the night at your place again?" He pulled himself away from Nicole and was standing face to face with her.

"No" Nicole cold replied and started making her way back, JunHyung quickly chased after Nicole and grabbed her right hand. Nicole turned back with a shocked face.

"What are you doing?" Nicole grinned her teeth, in confusion and looked around the office where everyone was now focusing on the both of them. "Let go of me," she leaned toward JunHyung.

"Not unless you say yes." He grinned, and looked at Nicole.

"I helped you out of trouble twice already...what have you done for me?" Nicole tried to get lose from his grip, but every time she tried to pull away his grip got tighter.

"Fine, if you want me to make a scene in front of everyone..." JunHyung declare.

"What do you plan on doing?" Nicole examine to see what JunHyung was planning. He cleared his throat and smiled. Then he changed the expression of his face and gave a hurtful sob.

"Nicole how could you?!" JunHyung cried out and everyone was stunned, "Why would you..." He leaned inward and whispered, "If you don't want to let everyone know that you're going to abort your baby then say yes now."

"Why should I care?" Nicole inquire, "It's not even true..."She hesitated her last line."

"Of course its not true.." He chuckled," but even if you deny it afterward everyone is just going to think that you already aborted the baby." He went back to his plan and cried louder this time. "Why would you a..." Nicole cover his mouth and finally gave in.

"FINE!" She whispered loudly into his face. "This is the only time. You got it?!" Nicole question him.

"Got it" He smiled and Nicole gave him her house keys. Everyone was still looking. "Oh you're so beautiful he loudly said and started to walk away." Everyone gave Nicole a weird look and went back to what they were doing.

"You better not go anywhere!" Nicole shouted, "thats the only copy!" JunHyung waved bye to Nicole without turning around, he grabbed his guitar case and walked out the door. "Ohs, this guy." Nicole sigh and walked into her office.

Eight o'clock came by fast, Nicole was grabbing her belongings and headed out. She said her goodbyes and walked toward her car. Before entering her car she saw a man looking suspicious walking into one of the small alley way of the buildings a couple block away from the station. She stared as the man disappeared, she thought to herself for a while before getting in the car and drove off. As Nicole reached her apartment she parked her car and heading toward her room. Nicole knocked on the door to find JiYoung opening the door.

"Ah Unnie you're already back good." JiYoung smiled and Nicole walked into and closed the door behind her. She only say JiYoung's pair of shoe and her pink slippers and the blue one.

"DooJoon oppa already left?" Nicole question JiYoung who was walking back into the living room. Nicole slipped on her slippers and took off her hat.

"He left about 4hrs ago." JiYoung inform Nicole. "Are you going to get washed up first?" JiYoung asked.

"Ah" Nicole nodded and enter her room.

Nicole walked toward her desk to find a dozen of roses laying nicely with a card attached.

                                          "I hope you like them" - DooJoon


Nicole smiled and went into the bathroom too look under the sink looking for a vase and found her Dark Peony Bloom
Vase. She filled the vase half way with cold water and walked back to her desk and nicely put the flowers in it. She walked outside and set the vase in the middle of her coffee table.

"Do you like it?" JiYoung smiled. "Isn't oppa sweet?" Nicole crinkled her eyes and gave a small smiled and went back into her room. JiYoung heard the shower water running and watch T.V. patiently for Nicole.

After Nicole finished cleaning herself, she walked into the living and sat next to JiYoung who now seemed worried. Nicole eyed JiYoung and knew JiYoung was now feeling uneasy.

"Did you tell umma and appa you're planning to drop out of collage because you got dropped?" Nicole finally broke the silence. "How could you fail three of you're classes huh? I was pretty shocked, I know you're smarter than that." Nicole leaned back on the sofa to make herself more comfortable.

"Unnie...I lied." JiYoung lower her head, "I didn't fail any classes.." JiYoung mumbled. Nicole sat up straight now more focused on JiYoung. JiYoung's tears started to fall.

"JiYoung-Ah" Nicole sat closer to JiYoung's shoulders and forcefully force JiYoung toward her, they were now facing each other. "Why are you suddenly acting like this? You're really scaring me."

"Unnie..." JiYoung's sob turned into a cry, she hugged onto Nicole..."I'm..."

While Nicole and JiYoung were talking JunHyung slowly unlocked the door and enter silently. He shut the door quietly and stop as he heard JiYoung's cry.

"I..I'm pregnant" Nicole's eyes widen, JiYoung's grip got tighter clinging onto Nicole's body. Nicole pushed JiYoung away. Nicole quickly stood up...

"You're kidding right?" Nicole nervously question JiYoung who was still crying. "I don't believe you...I don't know how too.." Nicole put her right hand over her head..."TELL ME YOU'RE LYING" Nicole shouted in anger for the first time at JiYoung. Nicole walked over to JiYoung and slapped her across the face. JiYoung stared up at Nicole with watery eyes.

"Unnie...unnie I'm not lying, I've haven't been on for 2months...I checked at a small clinic I'm 6weeks..." JiYoung had her right hand on her left check from where Nicole had slapped her.

"I...I'm so disappointed in you." Nicole felt anger ranging inside her chest, her tears started to act up.

JunHyung was shocked, he had saw Nicole slapped JiYoung. He turned around opening the door quietly again and pretended to had just came in, he pretended to shuffle the key into the key hole and gave out a loud sigh.

"Aish Jung Nicole!" JunHyung called out. JiYoung wiped away her tears, Nicole stood still. JunHyung walked into the living room. JiYoung stood up shocked.

"Nicole who's that?" JiYoung asked.

"Get out." Nicole told JiYoung, "Don't pretend nothing happened just because someone is here." Nicole walked back into her room. JunHyung stood there in silence. Before closing the door behind her, Nicole stared back at JiYoung. "Take a cab home, don't walk around at night, it's not safe..."

"Unnie.." JiYoung stared at Nicole. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't change the fact that I'm still disappointed in you" Nicole turned around and closed the door behind her.

JiYoung stood up and bowed at JunHyung and grab for her things. Before leaving she turned back towards JunHyung who escorted JiYoung to the front door.

"Are you Nicole's boyfriend?" JiYoung question. "Oh and your eye...are you okay?"

"Oh, no I'm just her friend." He replied. "And I'm alright..." he covered his left eye that had bruised on it.

"Ah I see." Jiyoung gave a weak smile, "Please take care of her tonight...I must've given her a hard time." JiYoung bowed before leaving.

JunHyung closed the door behind him and walked back into the living room. He dropped onto the floor and sat feeling guilty.

"Why is that every time I come here I...I see just tragic." JunHyung sigh and laid on the ground and closed his eyes. "Aish, I shouldn't have listen to their conversation....