Chapter 8 "Alone"

The Sound of Rain

Nicole sat on the swing, at Jaebeom and her secret park. The rain kept pouring. Her eyes were swollen red, her heart kept beating faster and faster. She was speechless, while being soaked in the rain, she was left confused and disappointed.

"Ah you're here." DooJoon stood in front of Nicole while holding his umbrella over Nicole and himself. "Are you okay?" He grabbed Nicoles hand and she stood up slowly.

"How did you find me?" Nicole question him.

"Ah I was on my way to the store, I thought I'll come by this place..."

"I want to be left alone for now." Nicole's voice was cold and low, she shook off his hands and started walking back home. DooJoon stood dumbfounded at the same spot Nicole had left him, he then turned around to see Nicole blending in the crowd. He gave out a heavy sigh and walked away.

JunHyung entered his apartment to find Gyuri gone. He silently walked back into his room and slam the door shut. He pulled out the ring he had gotten and stared at it for a while. He remember Nicole's emotionless face, her teary red eyes. He remember her lost expression just staring at him. He put the ring back in his pocked and laid on his bed, he listened as the rain poured. There was silence.

"The Sound of Rain sounds soothing...should I feel at ease? Is this how I'll remember him...I'm left behind, by the one person who promised to keep me forever..." He remember what Nicole had wrote in her Dairy...He quietly repeated the words to himself, he than stood up...."He died...on October 25, 2006" JunHyung heart started to ache...

-Flash Back-
********************************************************

"Jaebeom oppa." Nicole whispered, "Did you know you remind me of him...the day I met you at the parking lot and you asked for me to help you...I never give in to anyone easily...but something down her..." Nicole grabbed JunHyungs right hand away from the wheels and caught JunHyungs attention, he stop the car since their was no one in the empty road expect for the both of them. "Here..." Nicole put his hand where her heart was and the tears roared down once again. "Because you reminded me of him, because the way we met was similar to the way I met him back then."

-End of Flash Back-
********************************************************


JiYoung was waiting again at the same spot for KiKwang, she sat drinking her coffee slowly, she watched outside as the rain was pouring, it made her think of Nicole. She then turned her attention back to her coffee.

"Have you been waiting for a long time?" KiKwang asked as he took the seat next to JiYoung. JiYoung quickly turned her gaze to KiKwang and gave him a small smile.

"I just got here," she reassured him.."Lee KiKwang what did you want to tell me?"

"I'm really sorry about the other day...I want to take responsibility with you." JiYoungs face was shocked, she felt her heart pounding. She touched her stomach and felt tears forming from the tip of her eyes. "I was shocked, I didn't know what I wanted...but seeing you walking away I notice how I couldn't lose you..."

"I just wanted to let you know, out of everyone...you were the person I was scared to tell...I wasn't afraid of being hit by my sister my mother or my father...I was scared to get hit by your words." Her voice became low and more weary..." I just wished, I just wished those where your words the first time I told you..." Her tears started to fall, "I'm sorry but I'm no longer pregnant with your kid...I granted you your last wish...it's time we go our separate ways. Lets not see each other anymore. 5 long years down the drain. From the look on your face, you want to take responsibility because you feel the need not because you want too." JiYoung leaned over to kiss KiKwangs cheek and pulled herself back, "I can't do this anymore...when I'm hurt, you left me to hurt alone, but when you feel hurt I must hurt with you. I'll no longer be that kind of girl...I don't fit you..." JiYoung grabbed her bag and left.

KiKwang watched through the glass window as JiYoung walked away holding her umbrella in the street of Seoul. He felt like running after her yet his feet was glued and he couldn't seem to move. The words JiYoung had spoke were now just seeping through his skin. He could still see her walking further away. He then quickly stood up and ran out the door and toward her.

"JiYoung-AH!" He yelled and she stopped in the middle of the crowd. "JiYoung-AH!!" he sprinted as fast as he could, the rain weighed him down as it soaked his clothes. She turned around to find KiKwang, she smiled and kept walking away. She felt his hand grabbed tightly onto her left hand she stood shock and he dragged her to the nearest park where it was only her and him now.

"You're a liar." KiKwangs was huffing for air, "You're such a liar." His tears became visible and JiYoung was shock. "I know you to well Jung JiYoung..." He stared at her and his voice started to shake, "You didn't abort the baby," JiYoung turned her attention toward him her eyes grew bigger her body shook toward his words, "You're not that kind of person, if you think I'm only taking responsibility because I feel the need to then you must not understand me at all. You say when I'm hurt you must hurt with me, but when you're hurt you're hurting alone...Have you ever thought about how I would feel? Hurting silently hurts more than showing you...I don't know how to really express my feelings for you but I know for a fact that you're the one I want...separation is not in my dictionary when it comes to you." JiYoung became silent, "I'm not letting you raise that baby by yourself...not without me." He leaned in to kiss her lips, his soft lips where pressed against her as JiYoung closed her eyes her tears slowly fell down like the rain. Her umbrella slipped out of her hands.

Nicole walked into her bedroom soaked. She felled onto her knee in defeat. She covered as she gave out a loud cried not wanting to hear herself.

As JunHyung walked out of his bedroom, Gyuri walked through the door soaked she looked pale her body was shivering and she gave JunHyung a weak smile. Gyuri looked wobbly as she took another step forward before she fell JunHyung quickly went to her side and held onto her. He could feel how cold her body was.

"What happened!" JunHyung quickly asked her, he voice seemed to panic as he quickly got down and put her on his back, "You've caught a cold." He said while grabbing for his keys and rushing himself and Gyuri out."

"I went looking for you all night..." with that Gyuri went unconscious. JunHyung rushed Gyuri to the hospital and waited as the Doctor gave treatment to Gyuri. He had his hands folded and nervous.

Nicole's body swung down onto the floor she laid, her headache, she was quivering her lips were purple. The tears kept falling one by one just as the rain that hadn't stop falling from outside, she thought about Jaebeom she thought about JunHyung. Her heartache more and more. Nicole was hitting hypothermia anytime soon.

JunHyung stared at his watch it was almost 9p.m. the doctor hadn't come out yet, he stared at his key chain to find the extra copy that he had made from Nicole. He was worried if Nicole had went home or if she had gone somewhere else, especially since it had been pouring all morning. The last time he saw her she was soaked.

"DongWoon did you get a hold of Nicole yet?" Officer Kim asked.

"She isn't picking up her phone...it's weird she never ignore work calls." DongWoon hanged up and gave out a sigh. "I'm a bit worry."

"Go over to check on her, there's something that doesn't seem right.." Officer Kim had a worried face on and walked out.

DongWoon grabbed his keys and left the station, as he pulled in front of the apartments he stared at his address sheet to make sure it was Nicoles. He walked out the rain just wouldn't stop pouring it was now already 9 and he walked in and got in the elevator.

JunHyung pulled up to Nicole apartment and quickly got out of his car, Nicole hadn't picked up his phone call either. He was told by the doctor Gyuri needed some rest and he was able to head back home, but instead he went check on Nicole. He waited for the elevator but go impatient and took the stairs.

DongWoon got our and walked toward Nicole's room number, he walked over and knocked on the door three times and no one came. He stood still and grabbed the lock, it wasn't lock and he was surprised. He walked into the apartment it was pitch black but he could see a small light from across. He walked slowly into the room and found Nicole laying on the floor.

"Nicole!" DongWoon yelled and went straight down to grab Nicole. He could feel her body was cold, her lips where purple and her skin was pale as snow, "Nicole!!" He patted her face, "Nicole wake up!!" She was unconscious DongWoon carried her as quickly as he can out the apartment.

JunHyung reached the top of Nicole apartment level to find DongWoon running out carrying Nicole. He was shocked, DongWoon ran passed JunHyung and pressed the elevator doors and it opened and went in. He heard the sliding doors close behind him, he felt his heart sink. He was alone in the hallway. He saw Nicole's pale body her eyes were closed...he ran into her apartment to find her bedroom light was still on...he could see the wooden floor filled with rain water from Nicole clothes. He sat on the floor clenching his fist. He stared at her desk he stood up and stared out the window to see DongWoon carefully laying Nicole in his car and driving off. Before he turned back he found her notebook again...he sat down open the book and started to write away.

He closed the book cleaned up the water and headed out the apartment. It was a little past 11 he had headed back to the hospital. As he walked through the entrance he saw DongWoon in the front counter talking to one of the nurse.

"Ah thank you," DongWoon bowed and walked away back to the waiting room. JunHyung stared as he walked away. He walked over to the counter.

"Hello, I'm here to see Park Gyuri." JunHyung smiled and the nurse told him where she was and with that JunHyung walked to Gyuri's room.

Nicole awoken to herself laying in the hospital bed, she found her mother father and JiYoung sitting in her room. She stared out the window to see the clouds where a bit dull but the sun was shining a bit brighter than the other day.

"You're awake!!" JiYoung walked over to Nicole and grabbed her hand.

Nicole was confused, how long had she been sleeping and she didn't remember being brought to the hospital. Mr.&Mrs. Jung walked over to give Nicole a hug and kissed her forehead.

"Oh thank goodness you're awake. I didn't think you'll ever wake up." Mrs.Jung started to cry.

"What day is it?" Nicole question despite knowing what happened to her.

"It's the 5th day of October already." JiYoung told Nicole. "You've been asleep for a whole week."

Nicole stood up and pulled out the hospital equipments that were attached to her hands. She stood up lazily,

"Where are you going?" Mr.Jung asked Nicole and quickly walked over toward Nicole who was weak. "You're not suppose to do that to yourself."

"I want to go home." Nicole stated, she then stared at JiYoung,"Have you told Umma & Appa yet?"

"She already told us." Mrs.Jung walked over to Nicole, "As long as the two are taking responsibility then we won't have to worry about anything." Nicole stared at JiYoung and then walked out of the room.

"She's so stubborn." Mrs.Jung sigh,

As Nicole walked out she found herself face to face with DongWoon, he had flowers in his hand.

"Oh Nicole you're awake." He smiled and handed her the flowers, she stared at him and just walked past him. He stared back to see Nicole weakling walking away from him.

Nicole walked past Doctor Choi, to his surprise he quickly grabbed onto Nicole.

"Nicole you're up?!" He said with excitement, "You've bee asleep for a long time. Why aren't you in your room you should be resting." Nicole didn't look at him, she stared at the floor.

"I was wondering can I leave today." Nicole asked him in a low voice. "I don't like hospitals."

"You'll have to go back I'm sorry, I can't let any patient leave without proper treatments."

"No matter what you say, I'll leave." Nicole pulled away from him and walked out." He watched as Nicole disappear.

DongWoon ran past Dr.Choi and outside. He found Nicole walking away and caught up to her. "Nicole" he asked her, while she ignored him, he grabbed her hands and drag her toward his car. He made her sit and closed the passenger door and drove her to her apartment.

"Your clothes are at home," Nicole was still in her hospital clothes, she ignore him and sat silently."I know you don't like hospital but when I found you laying on the floor...I didn't know what to do, so when I brought you to the hospital they say you were in critical condition..."

"It's okay, I just want to get home." As they pulled up to the apartment building Nicole walked out of the car and closed the door. DongWoon watched as she enter the building then he drove off.

Nicole enter her apartment and slowly closed the door behind her. She slip on her slippers and walked into the living it was the same exact way she had left it the day her and JunHyung left. She opened the balcony blind to let in the dull light. She walked over to her calender and ripped off the September month. She then went into her room and grabbed a pen an crossed out the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. She stared at the calendar for a short while and then headed toward her bedroom.

She washed up in warm water, she walked out and changed into her work clothes. She clipped her name tag onto the left side of her chest. She pulled back her short bob cut hair into a small pony tail and stared at herself in the mirror. She turned around and grabbed for the picture of her and Jaebeom.

"I’m lost, I can’t stand being in love alone" she then put down the frame and stood up to leave, before she walked away she went in to close her window and found the dozen of roses that JunHyung had given to her was now dull and lost it's color. She then looked at the flowers that were given to her by DooJoon, though the flowers were becoming dull it had not yet crumble since it was put in a vase. She grabbed for JunHyungs flowers away from the window and threw grabbed one of her old boxes, she put the flowers in there and slid it underneath her bed. She took DooJoons flower and refilled the vase with newer water. After that Nicole left her apartment and headed to work.