Chapter 18 - The Talk

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~N.O P.O.V~

The father and son duo were in their intense staring competition for about 1 minute when Lee Dongwan, Donghae’s father suddenly burst out laughing, surprising Donghae with his unexpected reaction to Donghae’s confession because honestly, its been years since he last saw his father laugh like that. But then again, Donghae hasn’t been spending much time with his family since he doesn’t like going to social gatherings that they attend almost regularly. So he preferred living by himself.

The only thing Donghae is thinking about now is whether his father is mocking him or is amused with the news that his son has a guy for a lover.

 

A few seconds passed before Donghae’s father was finally done with his outburst of laughter. He finally calmed down and faced his silent son.

 

“Well, I must say Donghae. I never expected you to have a lover because of your personality even though you have great looks thank to the great genes of yours.” DOnghae’s father said with a proud smirk.

“So I am honestly surprised that you do have a lover, much less a boy.”

Lee Dongwan paused his talking but DOnghae still waited for him to continue instead of replying to what his father said. But his father was waiting for him to give a reply.

So because of the long silence of them waiting for the other to talk, Donghae finally sighed and said “Sooo, are you ok with it?” He asked while nervously playing with the cuffs of his sleeves.

“My, my, are you asking permission from me son? Considering when you were still a teen ager you just did whatever you wanted” His father answered making Donghae even more nervous that before hearing his father’s words.

“I-I’m sorry about my past behavior appa. But I really want your approval in my relationship with Hyukjae because Hyukkie is really important to me and I know based on his personality he would like it if you approves of my relationship with him.” Donghae said in one breath while seriously looking at his father in the eyes but widened his eyes when he noticed the amused glint in his father’s eyes.

“Hyukkie eh?” His father asked amused.

“ummm neh” Donghae answered.

“Well… Since it looks like you really love the guy,, who am I to separate you? And seriously do you think I would separate the two of you when in truth that I am happy that you finally found someone and that is what I have been worried about all these years, if you would grow old and alone, despite your good looks from me” His father said playfully.

And with hearing what his father said, after so many years, Donghae acted like a kid jumping from his seat to hug his father, surprising Lee Dongwan because its been years since DOnghae acted like this.

“Thank you appa. This means so much to me. I promise I’ll visit you guys more” DOnghae said grinning at his father when he let go of the hug.

“Ahh,, I missed that smile of yours

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter