Chapter 17 - At the Hospital

Puppy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Donghae P.O.V~

I arrived at Lee Medical Center in less than 20 minutes. And the second I got there I quickly went to the receptionist who was typing on her computer.

I slammed my hand on top of the table gaining her attention. And she looked at me with surprised eyes.

“M-Mr. Lee what h-how may I help you?” She said standing up and giving a quick bow to me.

“I wanna know where a guy named Lee Hyukjae is. He was rushed here less than 30 minutes ago” I said while holding my rapidly beating heart.

Hearing what I said she quickly searched it in her computer.

“He was taken to operation room number 4” She said, but before she could look up again, I was already making my way to Hyukjae.

When I got to the operation room, I saw Sunmin, Kyuhyun, Yesung, Ryeowook and the DBSK members all waiting outside. The only person I didn’t know is a woman who was crying in between Sungmin and Junsu. She looked like she was in her early 40s.

I ran to them still panting because of tiredness and worry.

“Any news?” I asked in front of Sungmin while resting my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath.

He looked up at me with his red eyes still hugging the woman.

“They said that they still didn’t know what to expect yet.”

And with Sungmin speaking, the woman finally looked up at me and stared at me.

“umm,,h-hello” I stuttered.

She tilted her head in a similar way how Hyukjae does.

“Donghae, this is Hyukjae’s aunt. This is aunty Hyori” Sungmin introduced seeing I had no clue at all.

“Ah annyeonghaseyo, Lee Donghae imnida” I bowed to here.

“ah,, so you’re the Donghae our dear Eunhyukkie has been telling me about” She said to me while smilng to me a bit with her red eyes.

Even though we were in this situation I couldn’t help but bashfully scratch my nape, making everyone especially Sungmin smile at me since that wasn’t my usual behavior.

But when that moment passed, we were back to our solemn atmosphere.

 

~

 

In 4 hours, the doors to the  operation room finally opened and the man I have known all my life came out taking off his surgical gloves.

“Appa” I approached him.

Everyone except Sungmin was shocked hearing this but I couldn’t care less right now.

“How is Hyukjae’s condition?” I asked him with my voice slightly wavering just thinking about my baby. My father looked at me like I grew a second head hearing me like this when he knew my personality inside and out. But it wasn’t only me who said this but also Hyukjae’s aunt Hyori.

“well” He started and paused for a bit.

“Please tell me he is okay, I promised my sister I would take care of his baby boy” Aunt Hyori said with tears pouring out of  her eyes.

“well, his condition is stable for now, it was a good thing he didn’t suffer any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter