Chapter 8

Missing

                Terrah kept scanning every direction, she felt very unsafe here. She had to resist the urge to crouch down like she had done while back with the dinosaurs. Amber was taking a really long time. She couldn’t even hear her making any noises in the back of the truck. Terrah slowly walked towards the back to check on her.

                She got to the back of the truck and Amber was just standing there, frozen. A boy in black and white striped clothes with a black long sleeved shirt tied around his waist had one arm around her shoulders and his other hand over . Terrah stopped in her tracks. She quickly looked in the back of the truck and really tall boy, also in striped clothes was searching the back. He had a striped hat on and multiple bandanas around his neck.

                “Youngjae-hyung… There is nothing in here.” The tall boy in the truck called out. Terrah clenched her fist. “What is going on here?” The tall boy in the truck stumbled over the hover cart at hearing her voice. Youngjae smiled at her. “Well, what does it look like? Zelo, tell Jongup we need him.” Terrah could hear the one called Zelo talking, presumably into a phone.

                Suddenly a boy in black clothes with a white striped vest jumped down from a tall boulder. He cracked his neck as he walked over to Terrah. She allowed him to grab her. Zelo leaned out of the back of the truck. “Hyungs… There isn’t anything worth stealing yet. We should have waited for them to come back.” Youngjae groaned.

                Three more boys showed up. One in all black and the other two were also in stripes. Terrah was carefully studying all six of the boys. The one wearing all black crossed his arms. “What’s going on?” Youngjae sighed. “Himchan, they don’t have anything.” Himchan crossed his arms and looked at the two who came with him. “Daehyun, Yongguk, check the girls. See if they have anything on them. Jongup, Youngjae, keep them still.”

                The one who had white mixed in with his black hair started patting down Terrah. She wiggled free of Jongups hand. “What do you guys want?” The one who was patting her down stood up and looked in her face “We want anything you have.” He smirked at her. Terrah looked over at Amber. She looked really scared.

                Himchan laughed. “Daehyun, don’t play with her. If they don’t have anything in the truck worth taking, we can just take them instead.” The one Terrah assumed to be Yongguk helped Youngjae lift up Amber and she started wiggling and screaming into Youngjae’s hand. Zelo was just sitting on the edge of the truck.

                Daehyun tried to grab Terrah’s feet but she suddenly kicked him in the shoulder, sending him backwards. She quickly leaned forwards, flipping Jongup flying into Daehyun. Terrah turned and ran towards Amber. She jumped and kicked Yongguk in the head, causing him to drop Ambers feet. Zelo and Himchan ran and tried to take down Terrah.

                Terrah ducked and tripped Zelo who fell onto Himchan. She punched Youngjae in the side of his head, causing him to let go of Amber. Terrah helped her up. “Run! Get help!” Amber took off running in the direction of the compound.

                The six boys started getting back up. Yongguk stood up and grabbed his head. “What the hell? Who just kicks someone in the head?!” Daehyun stood up and rotated his shoulder around. Himchan walked towards Terrah. She automatically punched him in the face, sending him back to the ground. “UGHH!! I was not paid enough for this! No one said this woman would punch me in the face!”

                Terrah glared at him. “Someone paid you?” Yongguk and Jongup tried to take her down again. She easily dodged. She was definitely much better trained than these guys. She sighed as Daehyun and Zelo tried throwing punches at her this time.

                She suddenly punched Zelo squarely in the face. He fell to the ground with a thud, unconscious. Daehyun stopped in mid punch and just stared. Terrah quickly looked over the remaining five boys, trying to pick out which one would be easiest to get information out of. Himchan was the leader, which meant that he would be hard to break. Yongguk looked too angry to give her anything useful. She hadn’t heard Jongup speak at all and Youngjae seemed to be the smartest. Her choice was Daehyun.

                She made a b-line for Yongguk, who she considered the biggest threat and crouched down and kicked him in his kidney. He bent forwards in pain and she kneed him in the face. He fell to the ground next to Zelo. Next she jumped up onto Himchans back and punched him in the base of the skull. He also fell to the ground with a thud.

                The remaining three boys just stared at her in shock. Youngjae started stuttering. “J…Jong…Jongup! Get her!!” She stabilized herself as the boy threw himself at her. She blocked some of his punches, accidentally taking one to the side of her face. Her lip started bleeding. She tried to punch him in the face but he was able to block them. She suddenly thought that she should have taken him out first. He crouched down, attempting an uppercut, giving her the opportunity to elbow him in neck. He fell face first into the sand.

                Daehyun was still just standing in awe. Youngjae was rambling something about not being told about taking a monster. She ran full speed towards him and grabbed his head, turning it just far enough and fast enough to knock him out but not kill him. She looked over at the only remaining conscious one, Daehyun.

                He tried to run, but she was faster. Terrah tackled him to the ground and pinned him down with a knee on his chest and held his hands above his head. She looked him directly in the eyes. “Now… Tell me. What do you want from us?” Daehyun looked like he was about to cry. “How… How did you do that??” he stuttered. She glared at him. “Tell me what you were after. Who paid you? What did they want?” Daehyun bit his lip. She could tell that he was trying so hard to not look scared. She really didn’t like having to do things like this, but she was trained in multiple ways to get information out of people.

                He gulped. “W... why should I tell you?” he whispered, still trying to be brave. She smirked and dug her knee into his chest. “Because, I’m dangerous.” Daehyun once again looked on the verge of tears. She sighed “How about you tell me what I want to know and I won’t harm that pretty face of yours.” He nodded quickly.

                “Some blonde kid came and asked us to attack this truck. He said that the girl who looked like a boy would know what was happening. It was supposed to just scare you. They said that it was just a prank. That you would think it was funny once we revealed it to you!” Terrah immediately knew who was behind this, Ren and Amber.

                She got up off the boy and helped him up. “I am so sorry. I thought that we were in real danger.” The scared boy stood up, still shaking. “Your friends are just unconscious. They should be fine. The one I kicked will be in a lot of pain for a while.”

                Daehyun nodded, still visibly shaken. The two of them walked back over to the truck and checked on the five that were unconscious. Terrah kept looking towards the compound. Daehyun looked as well. “How far away did she have to go? I thought your friend was in on it…” Terrah nodded. “I don’t think she is coming back.”

                He looked at his friends. “How are we supposed to get them somewhere safe? I think they might need to go to the hospital…” Terrah sighed. “What I am about to do, you can never tell anyone. Especially the one who hired you or that girl I was with.” Daehyun nodded.

                Terrah reached down to her shoe and took out the earpiece. Daehyun was impressed. “Call E.Den.” Almost immediately there was an answer. “This is E.Den.” Terrah sighed. “This is Terrah. I need a couple ambulances at my current location.” She heard him yelling at King and AO. “What happened?! Are you injured?” She bent down and checked Youngjae’s neck. “No, I’m fine. There are 5 injured. All unconscious.”

                She could hear E.Den yelling at Rasa who was giving orders to everyone. “They are sending a med team to your location. We are coming too. You aren’t far.” He hung up and she put the ear piece back into her shoe. “They are coming. You will all be fine.” Daehyun sighed and just sat on the ground. “What are you?” She looked back towards the compound. Still no sign of Amber.

                “I can’t tell you. E.Den and the others from sector LC9 should be able to explain it to you.” Not even ten minutes later, ambulances and two SUV’s came down from above them, hovering only a foot off the ground. The paramedics quickly ran over to the unconscious boys. The SUV’s opened and all the LC9 officers ran over to Terrah. AO grabbed her and turned her in every direction. “What happened?? Your hair is white now?? Why are you out here??”

                Rasa yelled at him to knock it off. He smiled over at Terrah. “We have a surprise for you.” He said as he looked over at the second SUV and motioned for someone to come out. Terrah looked and saw a very familiar face get out of the car.  He ran to her and picked her up. She was in shock. “Woosang??!”