Chapter 18

Missing

                Terrah sat down next to where Jonghyun was standing. “Are we really going to interrogate him?” she asked while looking up at him. He smiled down at her. “Well, I never had a situation like this. I don’t have any security people in place so I guess that makes me the police. I’m pretty sure building secret passageways is against the rules.” He sighed a bit as she laughed at him and Hoon just shook his head while heading towards the stairs to go back to work.

                “You don’t know your own rules?” she asked trying not to laugh at her sort of boyfriend. He rubbed the back of his neck “Well they are all written down somewhere and I don’t have them memorized.” Thunder laughed out loud first this time. “So this whole time, our protection was a leader who doesn’t know the actual rules?” Jonghyun just smiled awkwardly. “Sorry… I never needed a police force or anything till recently.”

                Terrah stood back up and nodded. “Then how about the three of us become the police?” Kwangmin pouted. “What about me?” Thunder, Terrah and Jonghyun all shook their heads in unison.

                Suddenly Youngmin yelled down the stairs. “Kwangmin-ah! Heechul has him in the salon!” Kwangmin motioned for everyone to follow after him.

                At the hair salon Heechul had a towel over Ren’s face and was rambling on about the different ways he could bleach Ren’s hair. As soon as he saw Youngmin open the door, he stepped on a lever on his chair and suddenly Ren’s wrists and ankles were strapped onto the chair. The blonde boy immediately tried to get out of the chair, making the towel fall off of his face. “Heechul! What is this?!” He yelled until he saw Terrah, Jonghyun and Thunder.

                “I knew I should have just left.” He looked over at Heechul. “I liked you too…” he said glaring at him. The older man just smiled sweetly at him. “I really hope you guys won’t mess up his hair. I really am proud of it.” Ren turned to glare at Terrah. “You really did show up just to ruin my life didn’t you?” She smiled back at him. “Heechul-nim? Will you please take the twins out of here?” He nodded and dragged out the arguing twins.

                Thunder closed the salon door behind them and locked it. Jonghyun sighed and sat down on the counter facing Ren. “So, what is inside the secret passage in the fridge? How did you end up in storage?” The blonde boy just stared at him with no expression, blinking a couple times. “Tell me what you are keeping from me down there!” Jonghyun yelled at him. It was the first time Terrah had ever heard him yell. It wasn’t all that intimidating. He obviously wasn’t used to being mean.

                “Jonghyun, come here.” Terrah said motioning her head over towards Thunder. The three of them gathered together. “When watching TV shows, it always has a good cop and a bad cop. How about Jonghyun, you can be the good cop and I can be the bad cop?” She said smiling. He nodded. This was good for her cover, she could be as scary and intimidating as she wanted during questioning and they would now think it was just an act. “Thunder, you stay by the door and make sure no one gets in.”

                Jonghyun went back to his spot on the counter. “Ren, you have been here since the beginning with me. Why would you keep this from me?” He still had no reaction, besides blinking a couple times. Terrah sighed and spun Ren’s chair around so he was facing her. “You are already aware of what I am capable of, correct? Our conversation this morning seemed to show that you were afraid of me. Now tell me what is in that secret passage way before I show you why you should be afraid of me.”

                Ren swallowed a bit but didn’t say anything. Terrah punched the chair next to his head. “Next time, that will be your pretty face.” Thunder smiled a bit. He sort of enjoyed seeing Ren almost get punched in the head. Jonghyun looked shocked. “Terrah…” he said softly. She wasn’t sure if he was really worried about Ren or was just doing his part as the good cop.

                She stood up straight and tilted her head to the side and sighed. “I guess if I punch you in the face, it could possibly make you unable to answer our questions.” She looked back at Thunder who was smiling at her and then over to Jonghyun who winked at her.

                Jonghyun spun the chair back towards him. “Ren, please just tell me what is in there or even better, give me the key. We are a community here. Everything is shared with everyone.” Terrah kicked the chair, causing Ren to jump a bit.

                “Why are you even doing anything that she says?!” Ren suddenly yelled at Jonghyun and Thunder. “She has only been here for like a week! Can’t you see that all she is doing is ruining everything you have here? You are even dating her already aren’t you?” He glared over at Thunder. “I don’t even know why you follow her around… She is just gathering up all of the guys to ruin their lives! Even that police officer Sangsoo was already protective of her! Amber told me that the fight only lasted a few moments but she was gone all day! You have no idea what she did with that police officer!”

                He had just started talking and had already gotten on her last nerve. How dare he speak a word about Woosang again? She grabbed the chair and turned it towards herself again and immediately slapped him across the face. Thunder gasped. He had watched her when Krystal was in her face and she never once got that angry.

                Terrah leaned down so she was looking directly into his eyes. “Give me the key to the door.” His face was turning red in the shape of her hand. Jonghyun grabbed her and pulled her away. “Terrah calm down. We don’t believe him. Don’t hurt him.” She took a deep breath and calmed down a bit. “If we don’t rough him up a bit, he will never give us what we want.” She leaned in towards Jonghyun’s ear and whispered. “I figured that my slaps would hurt less than if you guys hit him.” She lied. Ren was probably in a lot of pain right now. He was lucky she slapped him instead of punched him.

                Jonghyun nodded. He assumed that she was just doing the bad cop thing now. “Try not to hit him again.” She sighed. “Fine.” Ren was still in shock of being slapped. He never thought that Jonghyun would let that happen to him. Terrah went back to questioning. “Where is the key to the door in the fridge? We know that you have it.” The blonde boy pursed his lips together in defiance. She pulled away from Jonghyun and grabbed his shirt collar. “Should we strip search you?” She snapped in his face.

                Ren’s eyes went wide. She smirked at him. “Oh, I see that got a response! Are you really hiding the fact you are a girl from us or something? Is that why?” Ren’s face snarled at her, Terrah finally struck a nerve. “I am a man! I am not a girl! You are just jealous that I am prettier than you!” She just started laughing in his face. “Just tell me where the key is or I really will search every inch of your body for it.”

                She stood up and looked over at Jonghyun. “Or would you prefer Jonghyun do it for you? Or maybe your type is more like Thunder.” She could see Ren getting angrier. “No wait! I know! You really wanted Heechul to be the one to search you! You did say you liked him did you not? I think maybe you liked him a bit more than we thought.” Ren started pulling at the restraints on the chair.

                He looked directly over at Jonghyun. “Why are you letting her talk to me like this? Please let me go!” He just sighed and shook his head. He felt bad about this but he knew that this needs to happen. “I can’t let you go because you are obviously doing something bad in there or else you would have already told me about it a long time ago.” Ren finally looked frustrated now that he knew Jonghyun wouldn’t be saving him.

                He looked back at Terrah. “Why do you even care about what happens here?!” Terrah sighed. “We are the ones asking the questions here. Not you.” She leaned in next to his ear, whispering “You should probably answer before you end up like those guys I put in the hospital the other day.”  Ren started trying to escape his chair again.

                There was a knock on the door and Thunder opened it slightly. Hoon was standing there. “The twins told me that you were here. Dinner is ready.” Jonghyun walked over to the door. “I’m hungry. Terrah, Thunder, are you hungry too?” Thunder nodded. “I’m starving.” Terrah smiled towards the boys at the door. “I will stay here with Ren to make sure no one comes to let him go.” Thunder followed after Hoon without a second thought.

                Jonghyun paused for a moment and looked at Ren. The restrained boy looked like he was pleading with his eyes. “Don’t leave me alone with her!! She will put me into the hospital!!” Both Jonghyun and Terrah laughed. Jonghyun sighed and stepped out the door. “Don’t be silly Ren, she is covered in bruises still and has an injured shoulder. She can’t beat you up.” He closed the door behind himself.

                Terrah took a deep breath and sat on the counter. “Did you hear that Ren? I am injured and can’t possibly hurt you.” Ren glared at her. “Who are you?” She leaned forwards a bit. “No, the question is, who are you and why did Jonghyun’s benefactor place you here?” Ren his bottom lip. “You know about him?” She nodded. “I know way more than you think I do. Now give me the key and I won’t hit you again.” He closed his eyes and shook his head. “Screw you. When I get out of here, I will make sure that Jo Kwon hears about you and you will be kicked out here in a heartbeat.”

                Terrah froze. She had heard that name before. She couldn’t believe it and stood up. “Who? Jo Kwon?” Ren went silent again after realizing he gave her information she didn’t have. She needed him to clarify if she had heard him correctly. If she had, then this was a much bigger case than previously thought. She grabbed a pair of scissors. “You said Jo Kwon? As in family name Jo, and first name Kwon?”

                Ren stared at the scissors and tried to get his wrists out of the chair again. “Heechul said not to touch my hair!” She snipped the air a few times. “These aren’t for your hair. I can’t very well strip search you for the key while you are attached to the chair. So I will just have to cut your clothes off of you.” He started yelling for help and she cut a section of his shirt off and shoved it in his mouth. “Now, I will take that out once you decide you are ready to tell me where the key is.”

                She started to search all of his pockets and clothes. There was no key on him. She groaned. “Will you tell me where the key is? Or tell me more about Jo Kwon?” Ren just spit the section of shirt out of his mouth, trying to hit her with it. “I see how it’s going to be.” Terrah started cutting his shirt all the way up from his waist to the collar. “It’s been a long time since I got to be the bad cop. You shouldn’t try moving too much, my hand might accidentally slip.”

                Ren was actually starting to tear up a bit so she backed off. She set the scissors down on the counter and leaned back against it. “So now tell me either where the key is or more about Jo kwon.” He glared up at her through his tears. “Jo kwon gave me that key and put me in charge of it. It was the real reason I was placed here. Do you think I really like running this stupid place for that idiot Jonghyun? I don’t want to live in this stupid caveman way. Jo kwon saved me and made me do this in exchange.” He paused for a moment “Can you please cover me now?” He said quietly as a tear fell down his face.

                Terrah nodded and grabbed a smock from one of the other chairs. She gently put it over the younger boy’s shoulders. “Now tell me where the key is or just let us into the passage way and I will let you go.” Ren kept crying and Terrah turned him away from the mirrors so he wouldn’t have to see himself crying. “Will you take us inside?” The boy nodded slowly.

                Thunder, Jonghyun and Hoon came back just in time to see Terrah hug a crying Ren. She smiled at the guys. “He said he will take us inside the passage. Will someone get him a shirt?” The boys just stared at her in shock.