Chapter 5

Missing

                Terrah was preparing herself for the worst. She had no idea where he was going with this. He suddenly smiled innocently and backed up. “Sorry, the twins told me to do that. They wanted to know if you would be easy to tease. I guess not.” She laughed. “Yeah, I’m not all that fun to tease.” He nodded and rubbed the back of his neck. “They also said that I should spend some time with you since it’s your first day and you already met them and Ren. We are all living together now.” She smiled and nodded. Her mission to find Hoon would be much easier if she was close to Jonghyun. He also knew all the information about this place. She also thought that she should get close to Ren as well.

                Jonghyun walked her back to their common area. Ren was back at his desk. She was getting curious as to where he went all the time. Ren just nodded at them as he kept doing whatever he was doing on his laptop.

                The twins weren’t in the common room; it was just Terrah and Jonghyun. She sat on the couch and he sat next to her. “So are you finding your way around easily?” She nodded. “Yeah, it reminds me of a mall.” The dark haired man started laughing. “It is kind of like a mall, isn’t it? It’s much cheaper though.” She laughed and pretended to look around the room. “I’ve never seen so much 21st century technology in one place before.” He nodded and stood up, turning on the TV. He grabbed two white controllers. “Have you ever played the Wii before?”

                She smiled and lied, shaking her head no. She had quite a few missions back to the time when Wii was popular. He grinned and handed her one of the controllers. “Then how about I teach you? Let’s start with an easy game…” he started going through the discs stacked next to the console and grabbed Wii Sports. “Let’s teach you with Wii sports.”

                Terrah pretended to not know how to play as Jonghyun taught her how to play bowling. Soon she was getting pretty good scores and the tan man laughed. “Well, it seems that you have gotten the hang of how to play. Should we try a different sport?” The twins came in and excitedly sat down on the couch. “Jonghyun! How good is she?” Jonghyun laughed “She is alright. She is doing well for her first time. I just taught her bowling and now she is going to choose a different sport.”

                She smirked. She figured that she should show off now. “Let’s try boxing.” The twins laughed. Kwangmin patted her on the shoulder. “That one takes a lot out of you, especially if you are just beginning.” She laughed. “I think I can handle it.”

                Jonghyun chose boxing and was about to put it on practice mode. “No! Not practice mode, let’s do versus mode.” He grinned, thinking he was going to beat her. The twins gasped. “Fine by me, but I won’t go easy on you just because it’s your first time.” She nodded and chose versus mode.

                The match started and the twins were staring in shock as Terrah was beating the crap out of Jonghyun. His person could barely throw a punch. Soon Jonghyun was sweating as the match ended. He stared at her. “What are you…?” He asked as he took off his shirt and wiped his sweat off with it. The twins suddenly started cheering for her. “Terrah! You are amazing!” She laughed.

                She lied. “My grandpa had one of these. He took good care of all of his antiques.” Jonghyun smirked. “So you just pretended to be bad at bowling?” She laughed and nodded. Kwangmin suddenly stood up. “I want to play too!” Terrah handed him her controller. “Here you can play for me.”

                She sat down next to Youngmin on the couch as Jonghyun just shook his head smiling. The two of them laughed watching Kwangmin flail around trying to out-box Jonghyun. She took note of everything about Jonghyun. He had a tattoo on his shoulder that seemed to be just random symbols. She smiled. He was probably told at the tattooist that it meant something in Arabic or something. A lot of tattooists didn’t really know the languages they claimed to know, but neither did the person getting the tattoo.

                Soon Kwangmin switched with Youngmin as Ren came in. The blonde boy sat down on the other side of Terrah. Youngmin seemed to be much better at boxing than his brother. Terrah looked over at Ren. “Hey! Now if the mystery person in the last room comes in, everyone will be here.” Ren scoffed as Kwangmin leaned over Terrah. “Yeah, Ren, where is that guy all the time? Me and Youngmin still haven’t even seen him.” The blonde boy sighed. “He is usually always in his room or working down in storage. That was the job he wanted.” The twin pouted and leaned back against the couch.

                Terrah continued asking Ren about the mystery neighbor. “So why did he choose a job in storage?” Ren shrugged his shoulders. “I’m not sure. Most people who come here are usually very social or at least pretend to like it. He just stays to himself or talks to Jonghyun.”

                She was about to keep asking him questions when suddenly Jonghyun handed his controller to Kwangmin and plopped on the couch between Terrah and Ren and put his arms out on the back of the couch, behind them. The blonde boy scooted away. “You smell like sweat. It’s gross.” The older man laughed. “I don’t smell that bad. Do I?” he asked looking at Terrah. She scooted away and laughed. He didn’t smell, but it made everyone in the room start laughing.

                His attention turned back to watching the twins playing. “So what were you two talking about?” She smiled. “I was asking about the person who lives in the other room. The twins told me they haven’t met him either.” He nodded. “My cousin? He is a bit shy. He will talk to other people eventually. I hope.” He laughed a bit. “It does get tiring being the only person he talks too. I will go see if he is in his room.

                Jonghyun got up and left the room. Terrah figured she was probably irritating Ren with all her questions. She had plenty of time to ask questions. There wasn’t a reason to get all the info at once. Soon Jonghyun opened the door again and was pulling on someone. She heard a voice “No! I don’t want to come play video games! I want to go back to my room!” Jonghyun kept pulling “No! I want you to come meet everyone and play with us! We even have another new person!”

                Terrah and the twins were staring at the door waiting for the mysterious person to come into view. Terrah was shocked as the man came through the door. It was Hoon.

                Jonghyun forced him to sit on the couch next to Ren as he ran and closed the door so his cousin couldn’t escape. “Jonghyun… You know that I like being alone.” Jonghyun nodded and smiled at him. “Then you can be alone in here with us.” Everyone, besides Terrah looked at Jonghyun like he was an idiot. Terrah was looking Hoon over head to toe. He now had reddish brown wavy hair and he didn’t seem to be injured at all. The only place he seemed to be against his will was this room.

                Terrah smiled at him and introduced herself. “Hello, I’m Terrah. Today is my first day here. How long have you been here?” He nodded at her. “My name is Seunghoon. You can just call me Hoony though. I have been here less than a week.” She nodded. He was obviously Yeo Hoonmin. Her job wasn’t as easy as she thought. Now she had to find out why he joined under a fake name and why Jonghyun was claiming he was his cousin.

                The twins took over the conversation. “Hoony! How come you took so long to meet us?” “Yeah! How come you want to be alone all the time?” “Do you like it here?” “Why did you want to work in storage?” The two boys kept firing questions one after another. Ren groaned. “You two! Stop it! Even I couldn’t answer all those questions. Stop being annoying.”

                Ren got up and unlocked the door and left. The twins stood there awkwardly for a moment. Jonghyun was holding back a laugh. Hoon was just sitting there confused. The twins started laughing and Jonghyun joined in.

                Terrah smiled. “So, how long till I know what job I have?” Jonghyun sat down on the couch next to Hoon. “Well, what are you good at besides boxing on the Wii?” She laughed. “I’m good at everything.” She smirked to make it seem like a joke. Truth is that she was trained to be good at everything. He laughed. “I will think of something. Till then, you could just help Hoony out.” She nodded. Perfect.

                Hoon looked confused. “Help me with what?” She looked at Jonghyun confused as well. Jonghyun looked confused at himself as well. “Well… You can both get lost and figure things out together.” He snapped his fingers “Yeah! Like the buddy system! Hoony, you teach her how to work in storage and she can teach you how to box on the Wii!” Everyone was now staring at him.

                Youngmin sighed. “How about she teaches him how to talk to people?” Kwangmin nodded. The leader laughed and nodded. “Even better! This way you will talk to more people than just me!” Everyone, besides Hoon, laughed. Terrah smiled at Hoon. “I’m not scary. I promise.” He nodded reluctantly and looked at his watch. “Well, it’s getting late. I’m going to go to bed. I will see you later.”

                He got up and quickly walked off to his room. She was very curious as to what was going on. The file on Hoon said he was a very kind and outgoing boy. Jonghyun pouted and looked at the clock. “It’s only 9! What does he mean it’s getting late?” The twins looked at each other with scared looks on their face. “Oh no!! Heechul wanted us to meet him at 9!” Youngmin said as he quickly threw his controller onto Jonghyun’s lap. Kwangmin flailed and dropped his controller onto the couch. “Heechul is going to murder us!!”

                The twins scrambled out of the room and Terrah stared after them confused. She heard Ren scream at them to stop running, to which the twins responded with loud incomprehensible words. She looked over to Jonghyun for answers. He was staring at the controller equally confused.

                He started laughing. Terrah leaned a bit towards Jonghyun. “Who is Heechul?” He nodded and turned the Wii off. “He is the main hair dresser here. He is teaching the twins how to be hair dressers as well.” She nodded. She had to admit, everyone here had amazing hair. “I see. Everyone does have really good hair.” Jonghyun ran his hand through his own hair. “Yup. He is amazing. We are lucky to have him.” She smiled “So you really do have everything here?” He nodded. “I guess we are more like a city instead of a mall. We have a hair dresser, a doctor, a dentist, personal trainers, everything. Not all of them are professionally trained to be those things, but they want to be. So I let them have the job and they teach themselves.” He smiled at her “What do you want to be?”

                She thought about it for a moment. She had always been in training to be what she is now. She couldn’t remember if she had ever wanted to be anything different. In her line of work, there was the possibility of being anything when undercover. She saw a stack of magazines next to the TV and the headline on the top one said ‘How to become a writer in 10 easy steps!’ She nodded. “When I was little I always wanted to be a writer.”  He smiled and nodded. “I can tell that you have a lot of stories to tell. I will see if there is anything writing related I can get for you to do. You can always just write stories for us to read. Maybe we can make a newspaper or something.”

                She laughed. If stories were what he wanted to read, Terrah had plenty of stories. Most people would see them as fiction but she really lived it. “Thank you.” She smiled sweetly at him. There was no harm in flirting with the leader. He had been very helpful to her today, pairing her with her target without even knowing.

                Terrah stood up and was about to go to her room. Jonghyun gently grabbed her wrist. “Do you want to watch a movie with me?” She smiled again and sat back down. “Sure.” He suddenly got all excited and ran over to where he had all the DVD’s and started going through them. “What do you want to watch?” She laughed and shrugged her shoulders, sitting cross legged on the couch.

                He grabbed a batman movie from 2012 and put it in and sat back on the couch next to her. She smiled and acted interested as he started spouting off all the information about Batman and his story. He was acting like an excited little boy. Eventually he stopped talking and was into the movie. Usually in situations like this, the girl would be expected to fall asleep and the boy would take her back to her bed and it was supposed to be romantic. However, Jonghyun soon fell asleep with his head next to Terrah’s lap.

                She laughed at the shirtless man who was lying asleep on the couch. She stayed till the end of the movie and turned it off and grabbed a pillow from the pile near the book shelf and put it under his head. His bedroom was still locked so she couldn’t get him a blanket, instead she went into her room and grabbed one from her bed and covered him with it.

                Terrah went back to her room, Ren had gone from his desk. She pulled out her old style laptop and started writing down everything she learned today, as well as profiles of each person she met. She really didn’t think that Jonghyun was a threat, but he did seem to be easily controlled and that could potentially be a bad thing.

                She turned the laptop off and shoved it back into her backpack and put in under the bed. She decided to call it a night and go to sleep.

                Terrah was back at the academy. It was the day of graduation and the day before the new BTSA time agents went on their first missions. Her partner was her boyfriend Woosang. Their best friend, Daniel was paired with some guy who graduated the year before them. She didn’t pay much attention to his name. Today was the last day they were considered civilians. It would also be the last day she would be allowed to be in a relationship with Woosang. She suddenly realized where she was when graduation was over.

                She saw Daniel waving at her and Woosang, who had his arms around her. She pushed his arms away and ran after her best friend. She knew that she was a time agent and couldn’t interfere but that didn’t stop her. She kept running and running. Daniel never got any closer. There was a silhouette of a man that wrapped his arms around him. Daniel smiled and waved as he got engulfed by the black shadow of a man.

                Suddenly she heard noises in her room like someone was in there. She opened her eyes but it was pitch black so she followed their movements using her hearing. Suddenly the person crawled onto her bed and she felt that they were carrying something, possibly a large heavy bag. She saw a shape of a man crawling towards her.

                Terrah waited for the person to get closer and quickly pinned them down to the bed, sitting on their chest with one hand around their throat and her knees on his arm. “What are you doing here?” she demanded from the person before her eyes adjusted.