Chapter 21

Missing

                Terrah and Woosang were quietly going through all of the case information about Jo Kwon. He was an average graded student. He hadn’t joined any extra classes than what was required. His rank was mid-level. He was completely average in school records to the point of being almost invisible, up until he never returned from his mission with Daniel.

                Terrah groaned and laid her face down on the table. “This guy is either a genius or really boring.” Woosang nodded mindlessly as he sipped from a cup of coffee, reading one of the pages. The door opened and Daniel came walking in, rubbing his neck. “Those debriefing chairs leave a mess of your neck after having to download almost 5 years of memories.” He said complaining as he sat down in a chair, ignoring all the digital documents hovering around in the air.

                After another five minutes, Terrah sat back up straight and looked over at the door. “Isn’t one of the Admirals supposed to come in here and brief us?” Admiral was the only rank higher than a Commander in the Time Agency, above them was only the General himself, who created the time agency. He was barely ever actually at the academy and at the agency even less. No one really saw him that often.

                Woosang shrugged his shoulders and put his coffee down. “The Admirals are probably busy with their classes.” Daniel poked one of the holographic files floating in front of his face and sent it slowly over towards Terrah. “Isn’t it kind of dumb how they have the highest ranked agents as the teachers instead of out in the field? I mean if I had been assigned with one of the Admirals, I wouldn’t have been locked in a room and left to die…” Terrah nodded in agreement as she reached up to stop the slowly moving file. “Are the files from your debriefing available yet?” She asked Daniel as the door flew open.

                A tall muscular man in sunglasses and short bleached hair came walking in, grinning. Woosang and Terrah immediately stood up and saluted him. Daniel looked at them confused but followed them in the salute. “At ease agents, Commander Sangsoo.” He said nodding in his direction as he removed his sunglasses. “General Park.” Woosang replied as the General motioned for the three of them to sit back down. “Please, call me Joonhyung. Have you found anything interesting in the files?”

                Terrah shook her head. “No sir. This Jo Kwon guy is average almost to the point of being invisible when it comes to his records. He was never in trouble in school, wasn’t overly smart or lacking. We are currently waiting for Daniel’s debriefing files to be translated.” The General nodded as he sat down and looked over at Daniel. “Why not just ask Daniel directly about what he can consciously remember for now?” Daniel nodded awkwardly. “General, I have only just gotten into the room.”

                Joonhyung smiled at him. “You must be Daniel. How do you feel being back? Do you think you want to be an agent again?” Daniel shook his head. “I don’t really want to go back into the field… As you know, my first mission wasn’t very successful.” The older man nodded. “In my 44 years of life, I haven’t ever seen a lost agent recovered. I’m glad you were located.” Daniel looked confused. “Isn’t the agency only like 20 years old?” Joonhyung nodded “I founded it when I was 25, so almost. I would like you to at least assist with this final mission before you formerly retire. Are you alright with that? Of course the mission commander will be Sangsoo and Terrah will be the other agent assigned. As you know, it’s customary for two agents to be on each mission. Speaking of, Terrah Hammerstrom. You were given a mandated vacation but you did a mission anyways on your own.”

                Terrah looked down at the table and nodded. General Joonhyung laughed. “I heard it was the LC9 police who asked you for assistance with a separate smaller case, which led to you uncovering something suspicious. Since you recovered a missing agent, I will overlook you avoiding your vacation. Of course you know it’s over now.” Terrah nodded again and smiled. “Thank you, sir.” Daniel nodded as well. “I will help catch Jo Kwon as my final mission.”

                Joonhyung stood up and stretched as he rubbed the back of his neck. “Well then, I will leave this mission under the charge of Commander Sangsoo. Feel free to contact me if you need anything.” Woosang stood up and saluted the older male as he left. Daniel sighed and ruffled up his hair. “He’s really the founder of the BTSA and the creator of time travel? If I saw him on the street, I would think he was like some construction worker or gangster or something. He doesn’t let people talk much either.” Terrah nodded and sighed in relief. “I almost thought I was going to get fired…”

                Woosang laughed at his two friends. “You two are fine. He’s not a scary person. Anyways, it seems that our mission objective is to find and capture Jo Kwon. Until Daniel’s data gets translated, let’s make a mission plan.” Terrah crossed her arms and leaned back in her chair. “Amber and Ren seem to be our easiest connection to finding Jo Kwon. I could call the LC9 station and have them transfer him here to us. He might help us find Amber as well. Jonghyun and Wooyoung have some minimal knowledge of him as well.”

                Daniel nodded. “I think Ren will voluntarily talk to me.” Woosang nodded and started putting the digital files back into the table. “Then let’s get going. Daniel, you get Ren here and Terrah, you go see Dara. You still have quite a few bruises. She can easily fix you up.” Daniel laughed a bit as they left the room. “You two should take it easy on each other when you spar.” Both of them shook their heads. “No need to go easy on me. I’m more than capable of taking Woosang down.” Terrah said with a smirk as she broke away from the guys and headed towards the medical building.

                Dara was excited to see Terrah come into her office. “Terrah!! Are you finally going to let me take a look at your damage?” Dara looked closely at the large bruise on her shoulder. “That’s already starting to turn a gross color. Let’s get you on the scanner.” The small doctor handed her the clothes to change into.

                After the scan, it was revealed that her collarbone had a crack in it, which caused the huge bruise. Her ribs were bruised as well. Dara forced her to stay on the table, under the healing particle lights until every single injury was repaired and all bruises had faded.

                Dara handed her clothes back. “So are you going back on vacation or do you have another mission already?” Terrah quickly got dressed. “The General himself assigned me, Woosang and Daniel to a mission. My vacation is over.” Dara laughed. “You didn’t even go on vacation!” Terrah nodded and tied her hair back up into a pony tail. “True, thanks for fixing me up Dara. I have to go check on my mission now.” The doctor stopped her before she could leave. “So… Terrah?” She started pressing her two pointer fingers together nervously. Terrah smiled at her, knowing what she was about to ask. Dara took a deep breath. “Do you think Daniel will come back here sometime? Well not that I want him to get hurt or anything! But just come back to the medical building sometime. Not injured of course!” She asked making herself more flustered.

                Terrah laughed and nodded “He will definitely be coming back here, just to see you.” Dara tapped her fingers together faster as she blushed and giggled to herself. Terrah patted her on the shoulder. “Good luck!”

                Terrah made her way towards the interrogation rooms. She found the room where Daniel was talking with an unrestrained Ren. She went into the viewing room and saw King and Rasa sitting there with Woosang observing the questioning. King immediately jumped out of his chair and smiled at her. “Terrah! You look great! No more bruises.” She smiled back at him. “Thank you for bringing Ren.” She looked over to her Commander. “Are we doing an informal interrogation?”

                Woosang nodded. “Ren is honestly answering everything that Daniel is asking. It seems that Ren really does think of Daniel as a friend.” He looked back at Rasa who was looking over the messages on his bracelet. It seemed that Jun and AO were literally giving him a live message feed of everything happening at the LC9 station. Woosang chuckled a bit. “Rasa, you are free to go back to your station. Could you also send an officer to pick up Wooyoung for me? We will make sure that Ren stays in custody. However, King.” He looked over at the dark haired boy. “I would like you to accompany Terrah back to the compound she was undercover at. I would like to bring Jonghyun in for questioning as well. He will not be arrested, just ask him to come answer a few questions.”

                King nodded excitedly as Terrah sighed and closed her eyes. Woosang noticed. “I’m only sending him with you because he is an officer and the people inside the compound have personal connections to you.” She nodded. “I’m not worried about King. I’m worried about Jonghyun seeing me again.” Woosang walked over and gently pressed his forehead against her forehead. “Don’t worry about him. You were only doing your job.”

                She nodded as Woosang went back to observing the questioning. King looked a bit jealous as he followed her outside. Rasa let the two of them take the LC9 police car to the compound. He took the train.

                King drove her directly to the compound, asking her a bunch of questions about everything that was happening. She avoided most of the questions by saying it was classified.

                At the compound, King made sure his badge was showing and that he looked as official as possible as he pounded on the metal door. There was no answer. He pounded on it again, getting the same lack of response. King checked the time. It was about 5 in the afternoon. “You don’t think they are eating already or something, do you?” Terrah shook her head and tried the door and it was unlocked, which was very odd.