Chapter 16

Missing

                Terrah smiled at Ren. “I’m glad that you found Amber and she is safe.” The blonde boy just smiled and nodded so Terrah continued “Did she report the kidnapping to the police?” Ren shook his head no. “She didn’t. I’m sure you know why. Amber told me how scary it was. It’s impressive that you were rescued out there in the middle of nowhere. The police never come out this far.” She stayed straight faced and nodded. “I’m very lucky. I just continued to fight back as best as I could till help showed up. I was really worried about Amber. The police said they would be searching for her.”

                Ren sat up a bit in his chair. “Yes, you seem so worried about her that you are now sharing a room with Jonghyun and Hoony has taken over her job.” Terrah put on a fake frown. “Hoony volunteered for that job since no one was able to eat.”

                Suddenly he stood up and walked past her and into the common area. He sat down on the couch and Terrah immediately sat down next to him. Ren sighed and smiled “So how did you get the locks open on the fridge and freezer?” She laughed a bit. “A blow torch and sledgehammer.” He looked a bit stunned but composed himself. “Who figured that out?” She smiled at him and nodded. He nodded, understanding her answer.

                “Wow, impressive. First you take down five guys all on your own and you can use a blow torch. I wonder what kind of person you really are. Amber did report to the police just enough to let them know she wasn’t a missing person. The police sure seemed to be defensive of you, especially a big one named Sangsoo? He kept telling the other officers not to talk about an active case, even with people involved in it. He really didn’t want anyone answering questions about you.” Terrah felt really angry that Woosangs name came out of Rens mouth but she smiled anyways. “Really? Was one of them named Sangsoo? What did they tell you about me?” He just smiled and crossed his legs. “Nothing really, but they said the guys who attacked you had to be hospitalized except for one. They didn’t believe that Amber was kidnapped.”

                Terrah just shrugged her shoulders and looked towards the door. “Well last I saw Amber, she was running away and I told her to get help but she never came back.” Ren sighed and crossed his arms, trying to figure out how to break her and get her to slip up. Ren suddenly turned towards her. “I don’t know who you are or why you are here but I will make sure that everything goes wrong for you from now on. Stop trying to get close to Jonghyun and stay out of my way. I run things properly around here and I don’t need you meddling. So you should just move back into your room and stay there, or leaving the compound is a better idea.”

                She wasn’t going to react but Jonghyun, Thunder and the twins came in. Youngmin had heard the last sentence Ren had told Terrah and looked utterly offended. She looked up at them and her eyes started to tear up and she looked down at the ground and put her hand up to her face, messing with her bangs to hide her face.

                The twins immediately started yelling at Ren as Jonghyun went and crouched down in front of Terrah and grabbed her hand. “Come on…” he said softly as he led her towards the bedroom and away from Ren. She turned around to look back and Thunder was now trying to hold back both twins as Ren was leaving the common area.

                Jonghyun let Terrah sit on the bed. She kept hiding her face behind her long hair. She kept crying, even though they were fake tears. As an agent, she could cry on cue to any level. Jonghyun suddenly stood up and ran from the room.

                He came back almost immediately and was holding his stuffed fox. He put it onto her lap and crouched down in front of her, smiling up at her. “This is Key.” He said as he made the cute fox look up at her. Terrah gently grabbed the fox and stared at it. She hadn’t held a stuffed animal in years. It kind of made her want to cry for real.

                She planned on looking at the fox and slowly letting the tears stop but Jonghyun leaned forwards and gently pressed his lips against her forehead. She realized that there was no escaping how he felt about her. All Terrah knew is that she needed him to be on her side instead of Rens, for now at least.

                She looked up at him with her eyes wide. He smiled at her and gently cupped her cheek with his hand and wiped a tear with his thumb. She tried to thank him but he pressed his lips against hers softly. If she let this continue, he was going to think they were in a relationship. Realizing that this wouldn’t be bad for her mission, which always came first, she kissed him back.

                Jonghyun slowly came in closer, laying her back onto the bed as she put the stuffed fox off to the side. She scooted back onto the bed as he deepened the kiss, pinning her to the bed.

                “I can’t believe that creepy doll said…” Jonghyun and Terrah both looked at the door as both twins burst into the room and Kwangmin stopped mid-sentence as they all just stared at each other. Thunder came in after them and saw the two on the bed. His eyes went wide and he immediately turned back around dragging the twins with him, who were arguing for him to let them go.

                Jonghyun laughed a bit and sighed resting his forehead against Terrahs for a moment. “Well that just happened…” She laughed and he grinned and got off of her. “You’re smiling again! Then let’s go talk to them.” She nodded. It was official she now had to pretend to be in a relationship with Jonghyun.

                They went into the common area and the twins were sitting there staring at them while Thunder was avoiding all eye contact. Kwangmin crossed his arms grumpily and elbowed Youngmin when he noticed he didn’t. Thunder grabbed a random book from the bookcase next to him and opened it to a random page, not actually reading. Youngmin crossed his arms as Kwangmin started speaking “So how long has this been going on and why did you not tell us?” Youngmin was smiling at Jonghyun till his brother looked at him and so he changed to a grumpy face. “You sure know how to cheer up a girl.” The blonde one said, holding back a smile.

                Thunder laughed a bit but immediately went back to pretending to read. Jonghyun blushed a bit and laughed awkwardly. Hoon came into the room and Kwangmin immediately pointed at Jonghyun and Terrah. “Hoony! Did you know those two like each other?!” He nodded calmly and sat on the couch next to Youngmin. “I knew he liked her and I guess she chose him. Congratulations hyung.” He smiled sweetly at Terrah. “Don’t let him do anything stupid, ok?”

                She nodded slowly as Ren came back into the room. The twins glared at him as he looked over to Jonghyun. “Jonghyun, you have a visitor.” Krystal came into the room a bit shyly as she noticed all the people around. Terrah sighed, today was a very eventful morning. She slowly slid her hand into Jonghyun’s as he smiled at Krystal. “Good morning Krystal. What can I help you with?” The younger girl glared as she saw Jonghyun entwine his fingers with Terrah.

                “I was wondering if I could talk with you privately?” she asked while trying to look away from the entwined hands. He nodded and motioned for Terrah to go back into the bedroom and told everyone else to give them space. Ren went back into the hallway as the twins, Thunder and Hoon followed Terrah into the bedroom.

                The twins closed the door and immediately pressed their ears against the door. Terrah, Hoon and Thunder sat on the bed and watched the younger boys. Hoon laid back on his elbows “So you and Jonghyun?” he asked without looking at her. She crossed her legs and grabbed the stuffed fox and messed around with it on her lap. “Yeah, I guess so.” Thunder laughed and poked the cute fox. “I didn’t take you as the stuffed animal type Terrah.”

                She laughed and held it up. “This is Jonghyun’s fox. Not mine.” Both Thunder and Hoon nodded as if it made much more sense. Terrah looked over at Hoon. “Hoony, how did you know that Jonghyun liked me?” He smiled at her. “We had a deal, since we both like you, whoever you chose would be the one who gets you and the other can’t do anything to interfere.”

                Youngmin turned around and looked at them stunned at what Hoon said. Thunder laughed a bit. “I told you guys that was what they talked about.” Kwangmin pressed his face against the door trying to hear easier. “I can’t hear anything…”

                The door suddenly opened, smacking him in the face and knocking both twins over. Jonghyun laughed at them. “Did you hear anything?” he asked as he helped them up. Both shook their heads disappointed. He nodded. “Good, now everyone except for Terrah and Hoony leave the room.”

                Thunder quickly left the room with the twins following behind him. Hoon sat up and looked at the older boy. “What’s going on?” he asked as Jonghyun plopped over onto the bed. He sighed and took the stuffed fox from Terrah and rested it on his chest and stared at it. “Krystal just confessed to me…” Neither Terrah nor Hoon had any reaction since they already knew. Terrah smiled a bit. “And?”

                He looked over at her confused. “That doesn’t bother you?” he asked confused. Hoon just laid back on his elbows and looked over at his friend. “We already knew she liked you. It’s nothing new. What did you tell her?” He smiled awkwardly. “I told her that I was in a relationship with Terrah since this morning… Was that ok?” he asked looking over at Terrah hopefully. She nodded and smiled a bit. He grinned and sat up, kissing her on the cheek.

                Hoon sighed and stood up. “Just because I accept the fact you won, doesn’t mean you can kiss her in front of me.” He said laughing a bit. “Oh, what did she do after you said that?” The older male sighed. “She left. I think she is crying.” Hoon frowned a bit. “Oh, I’m sorry. I’m going to go back to the kitchen. It should be getting close to lunch prep time.” He waved at them and left.

                Terrah climbed over Jonghyun and laid back down on the pillows. “Today has too many things happening. I think I need a nap…” she said as Jonghyun rolled onto his side to look at her. He smiled. “Are you doing alright?” he asked as he put Key next to her head on the pillow. She nodded, pretending to be tired. What she really needed was time to think about how to proceed since new variables to her mission have appeared. “I’m fine. You should go check on things.” He smiled at her and kissed her forehead before leaving her alone in the room.

                She sighed and sat up. She went directly to the wardrobe and grabbed some clothes and her shoes and went into the bathroom, locking the door and turning the shower on. She pulled the ear piece out of her shoe and put it in her ear. “Call Woosang.” The phone rang a couple times and a familiar voice who wasn’t Woosang answered. “Hello? Commander Woo Sangsoo’s phone.” She smiled at the voice. “King, where is the commander? I don’t have much time.” She laughed as King suddenly sounded really excited. “Terrah! I will get him for you!”

                There was crinkling noises as the phone was passed to Woosang. “Woo Sangsoo.” He said into the phone, sounding like he was in the middle of something. “Woosang, Ren came back to the compound without Amber.” There was an audible change in his voice when he realized it was her on the phone. “Terrah! Did he blow your cover? Amber saw you beating up those guys and he knows about it.” She sighed. “No, my cover isn’t blown. I managed to make Jonghyun believe he is in a relationship with me and they heard Ren say he didn’t want me in this compound so they are all angry at him. We found a keyhole in the fridge and the only one who seems to know anything about it would be Ren or Amber and I can’t get anything out of them. So I need to figure out a new way. Did you find out anything about the Kwon guy?”

                Woosang sighed. “I had Rasa and Jun follow Amber and Ren after they left here and Rasa ended up following Ren back to the compound and Jun lost Amber in the shopping district. So I don’t know anything. Continue to get close to the leader and find out as much as possible about Kwon.” She nodded even though he couldn’t see. “Jonghyun told me that he met Kwon while he worked at that laundry mat that Wooyoung works at. Wooyoung is a part of this too. I don’t know if he knows the Kwon guy, but he went there trying to sell Wooyoung and Jonghyun parts for the antique washers. You should investigate there as well.” Woosang repeated all that to someone then laughed. “Got it. Hurry up and take your shower before the water turns cold or someone hears you.” Terrah laughed as she hung up and put the ear piece back into her shoe.

                She quickly took a shower, thinking of a new plan of attack. After she finished drying her hair, she made her way back out to the common area and no one was in there. In the hallway, Ren wasn’t at his desk, Thunder was. She smiled at him. “Where did everyone go?” He thought for a moment. “Hoony is at the kitchen, Youngmin and Kwangmin went to work, Jonghyun said he was going to go check on Hoony and Ren said something about Krystal and told me to stay here.” She nodded and grinned at him. “You want to go see if we can pick the lock in the fridge?” His face lit up and he nodded excitedly.